ADVERTISEMENT

Gold

A couple of points.

1.) I will buy the idea that transfers have gotten out of hand, especially QB transfers for kids not yet graduated. As Biggs notes, the transfer portal has become some sort of waiver wire for college ball. Some of that is on the kids and their expectations, but some of that is on coaches who just flat out lie and tell the high school kids what ever they want to hear in order to get their signature on the LOI. Fewer recruiting lies would mean fewer transfers, IMHO, though it would certainly not stop the transfers.
2.) If I were a HC, I would tell any kid that wants to transfer that I wish him well, but if it is to a team within my league I will not sign a waiver. Period. I would be crystal clear on that up front and not prevaricate. Transfer out of my league and I will sign, unless I play that team this year. Whether I play a league team this year or not is irrelevant; no waivers for in-league transfers.
3.) If Peterson led a kid and his parents to believe one thing and did something else, then as Fab noted, that is the problem. He lied.
4.) When I first heard this story, it almost sounded like Yankoff & family made some assumptions that put them out on a limb. However, if the Cda sports writer is correct, it sounds like Y & family actually checked with Coach Pete up front and his behavior after the fact did not match what he told them up front. Again, the problem is not that he refused to sign, it is that he told them one thing and then later did another. No explanation, no discussion of some significant change in circumstances that could justify such a significant going back on one's word. In my world we call that a lie.
5.) As for the karma aspect, I never wish for injuries and I hope Eason stays healthy. Doesn't even get a dose of the flu, unless it is leading up to the Apple Cup. But if karma should bite, it will be glaringly obvious that Pete botched his most important personnel assignment: picking the right QB in a way that did not demotivate everybody else. In my career I've found that telling the truth as the competition unfolds is the best insurance that the 2nd place finisher for a position doesn't feel misled later. If the Cda reporter is right, then Coach Pete clearly still has to learn that lesson.

A couple of points.

1.) I will buy the idea that transfers have gotten out of hand, especially QB transfers for kids not yet graduated. As Biggs notes, the transfer portal has become some sort of waiver wire for college ball. Some of that is on the kids and their expectations, but some of that is on coaches who just flat out lie and tell the high school kids what ever they want to hear in order to get their signature on the LOI. Fewer recruiting lies would mean fewer transfers, IMHO, though it would certainly not stop the transfers.
2.) If I were a HC, I would tell any kid that wants to transfer that I wish him well, but if it is to a team within my league I will not sign a waiver. Period. I would be crystal clear on that up front and not prevaricate. Transfer out of my league and I will sign, unless I play that team this year. Whether I play a league team this year or not is irrelevant; no waivers for in-league transfers.
3.) If Peterson led a kid and his parents to believe one thing and did something else, then as Fab noted, that is the problem. He lied.
4.) When I first heard this story, it almost sounded like Yankoff & family made some assumptions that put them out on a limb. However, if the Cda sports writer is correct, it sounds like Y & family actually checked with Coach Pete up front and his behavior after the fact did not match what he told them up front. Again, the problem is not that he refused to sign, it is that he told them one thing and then later did another. No explanation, no discussion of some significant change in circumstances that could justify such a significant going back on one's word. In my world we call that a lie.
5.) As for the karma aspect, I never wish for injuries and I hope Eason stays healthy. Doesn't even get a dose of the flu, unless it is leading up to the Apple Cup. But if karma should bite, it will be glaringly obvious that Pete botched his most important personnel assignment: picking the right QB in a way that did not demotivate everybody else. In my career I've found that telling the truth as the competition unfolds is the best insurance that the 2nd place finisher for a position doesn't feel misled later. If the Cda reporter is right, then Coach Pete clearly still has to learn that lesson.

2) When coaches agree to the same policy, I might be more inclined to agree with you.

These are STUDENT athletes first right? So if your full scholarship biology major decides to transfer in conference do they have to sit out a year too??? No lab for them?

I don't give two f#cks about these glorified PE teachers coaching football for millions of dollars. If they can't find a way to keep kids involved in their program, with millions of dollars funneled into getting kids to their programs, I have no sympathy for them. They have 40 years to make their living. These kids have 4 year and now you wanna take away 25% of their eligibility? That's crap.

If the players transferring now looks like the coaches changing jobs, tough luck. Deal with it.

Was it Browning going backwards or the correlation with the drop in talent in the receiver corp (and specifically John Ross, Jr.)? I wonder if the one area they have missed Sark is at receiver.
I’m probably the wrong guy to ask. Guarantee you ask any hardcore UW fan after Ross left you’d hear that they had plenty of talent...they also would tell you that Petey is the greatest evaluator and developer of QBs in the world too though...one of those two doesn’t fit.

2) When coaches agree to the same policy, I might be more inclined to agree with you.

These are STUDENT athletes first right? So if your full scholarship biology major decides to transfer in conference do they have to sit out a year too??? No lab for them?

I don't give two f#cks about these glorified PE teachers coaching football for millions of dollars. If they can't find a way to keep kids involved in their program, with millions of dollars funneled into getting kids to their programs, I have no sympathy for them. They have 40 years to make their living. These kids have 4 year and now you wanna take away 25% of their eligibility? That's crap.

If the players transferring now looks like the coaches changing jobs, tough luck. Deal with it.

What world do you live in? There is no NCAA policy guiding universities and their hires. And there are many reasons why they won't go down the road for glorified school teachers. They will continue to let them have their maneuverability.

Life isn't fair. The thing that is known is that going into the whole process kids know coaches have free will to leave at any time. They may have to pay some monetary penalty to do so. Colson knew this was a possibility when picked UW after going back on his commitment to Oregon.

I’m probably the wrong guy to ask. Guarantee you ask any hardcore UW fan after Ross left you’d hear that they had plenty of talent...they also would tell you that Petey is the greatest evaluator and developer of QBs in the world too though...one of those two doesn’t fit.
Ross, Jr. was just different and the supporting cast seemed better overall as well. I don't know what they have this year but I haven't seen the kind of big plays I remember when Ross, Jr. was around. I also don't know that Eason's golden arm alone solves the puzzle if the receiver talent doesn't improve. Now add they don't have an incredibly dependable back like Gaskin around and I could envision those same "hardcore UW fans" whining all season about Pete and/or their OC.

Ross, Jr. was just different and the supporting cast seemed better overall as well. I don't know what they have this year but I haven't seen the kind of big plays I remember when Ross, Jr. was around. I also don't know that Eason's golden arm alone solves the puzzle if the receiver talent doesn't improve. Now add they don't have an incredibly dependable back like Gaskin around and I could envision those same "hardcore UW fans" whining all season about Pete and/or their OC.

Eason might be Josh Swogger, need to make about five throws a game. I think there running game and defense, plus lack of dynamic offenses in the Pac 12 really is to their benefit.

What happened to the Tedford years at cal (early), Oregon, Oregon State, USC, and even Arizona in 2006/07 when they could score 40 plus a game?

Is there really a QB out there (right now) that you shake in your boots to face? Is there a Marriotta? Or anyone of that ilk?

The Tell !!!

Oh yes...The Tell...let me give you a glimpse into my personality since you are so misguided. Yo “Bill Chandler” there is very little that bothers me. Involving my kids, my friends and my work on the board bothers me. What you think about me or my posts do not.

Too funny means we are bringing up sh!t that happened 7 years ago. That cracks me up. Here is the saddest part of the board. Someone wrote about Hillinski Hope and I think there was one reply. I could mention how Doba screwed the program and how Wulff was given the impossible task of cleaning it up and that thread would go on for days. And btw, that too (lack of response to the Hillinski post) bothers me .

Just out curiosity, in five years how many posts do you think I reference you and acknowledge you in a post? How many posts do you think you reference me in posts I am not even involved in? I think that is the "Tell".

Last edited:
Eason might be Josh Swogger, need to make about five throws a game. I think there running game and defense, plus lack of dynamic offenses in the Pac 12 really is to their benefit.

What happened to the Tedford years at cal (early), Oregon, Oregon State, USC, and even Arizona in 2006/07 when they could score 40 plus a game?

Is there really a QB out there (right now) that you shake in your boots to face? Is there a Marriotta? Or anyone of that ilk?
The best QB Cougs will see BY FAR is King from Houston. NFL scouts may be salivating over Herbert but King presents a headache like nobody else in the conference. I’m really curious to see what he can do against the Coug D

Leach wasn't going to grant a waiver to him until they talked. IJM quit after Tavares got booted and wanted a waiver to play right away but he didn't talk with Leach because he was out of town. Tensions were high and he took to Twitter to blast CML. Once Leach returned they met and he got a waiver to play close to home.

The only commonality between Johnson Mack and Yankoff is the fact a player transferred. Yankoff was buried on the depth chart with the head coach publicly lamenting he wouldn't be able to give enough reps to all his starters. Yankoff said he was planning on transferring and asked for a waiver to play right away. Petersen gave the go ahead and didn't follow through on the waiver part. I could understand if Colson was going to a school on the schedule in 2019, but he wasn't.

I see no reason for a kid who isn't going to see the field at one school to be denied a waiver to play somewhere else immediately. Yankoff did everything asked of him and was treated terrible by chompers.

Then again, Petersen cries about having to play too many night games, but doesn't gripe about other schools having to play them. He rips recruits for not holding to their commitments yet recruits kids who are committed elsewhere. He complains about kids transferring when things get tough and worships a QB who transferred a QB who quit when things got tough.

Wow...wait a second. The fact he had a work ethic issue or him not succeeding at Bowling Green is not material. My point of the post was he went twitter and said Leach was denying him a waiver. The point is parents and kids often have it slightly inaccurate.

Leach wasn't going to grant a waiver to him until they talked. IJM quit after Tavares got booted and wanted a waiver to play right away but he didn't talk with Leach because he was out of town. Tensions were high and he took to Twitter to blast CML. Once Leach returned they met and he got a waiver to play close to home.

The only commonality between Johnson Mack and Yankoff is the fact a player transferred. Yankoff was buried on the depth chart with the head coach publicly lamenting he wouldn't be able to give enough reps to all his starters. Yankoff said he was planning on transferring and asked for a waiver to play right away. Petersen gave the go ahead and didn't follow through on the waiver part. I could understand if Colson was going to a school on the schedule in 2019, but he wasn't.

I see no reason for a kid who isn't going to see the field at one school to be denied a waiver to play somewhere else immediately. Yankoff did everything asked of him and was treated terrible by chompers.

Then again, Petersen cries about having to play too many night games, but doesn't gripe about other schools having to play them. He rips recruits for not holding to their commitments yet recruits kids who are committed elsewhere. He complains about kids transferring when things get tough and worships a QB who transferred a QB who quit when things got tough.

No-- the similarities are the accounts by the student athletes and talking to the public. Chompers may have been a dick, he may have verbally agreed to personally sign the waiver, he may have agreed and then have the AD nix it looking at future ramifications.

Again, Johnson Mack misrepresented on twitter what Leach would and would not do. I don't know if we have the full story, either way regarding Chompers.I find many times the truth is some what in between those opposite ends.

But I do know if Chompers said he could transfer to another Pac 12 school it was a plain stupid thing to do. And why would Chip Kelly assume he would get a kid that was ready to play this year? Either there are some really naive people and parents, or they aren't paying attention.

If Chompers, Wulff, Leach, Price told me they would sign the waiver, I would know I am subject to them changing their mind, the university vetoing it, or something else may come into play. Jake Hainer did not want to get caught in the same situation.

Last edited:
Interesting twitter post from a well known QB coach regarding the Coach Pete explanation for choosing Eason over Haener. Pete's reputation or lack there of in handling and developing QB's goes down with every move. It won't be long where that program is just DB's and nothing else. That is really all they are developing.

Last edited:
Too funny. I don't support Peterson in anything. Oh please do tell which lies I keep telling.

I live in the real world. Coaches lie. Coaches tell white lies. They lie by omission. Do you really believe Price saw Trufant as a RB at WSU? He told him he would give him a chance, but knew all along he would play CB or not play at all. What about Ron Childs. He knew Childs was not a D1 Pac 10 RB. But he played the game. Cole Madison was not a WR. That handwriting was on the all.

Coaches tell the parents in the home meetings that the scholie is a four year agreement. The truth until recently it was a year to year agreement.

My point about Peterson is like with many parents they have 50% of the story correct. I don't know if Peterson promised and lied he would grant Colson a waiver to go anywhere including UCLA. As I pointed out earlier in the post Johnson Mack took to twitter saying he couldn't believe Leach would turn down his waiver especially after he was reportedly meeting with the Tennessee official. If I recall correctly Johnson Mack's tweet was inaccurate.

I guess you don't support Petersen in anything except lying. You keep lying about players being sprayed with a hose in freezing temperatures. Petersen is of course free to respond. There is nothing that would prevent him from doing so. He's chosen to let only one side of the story be told.

Saying that you would give a player a chance is not a lie.

Oh yes...The Tell...let me give you a glimpse into my personality since you are so misguided. Yo “Bill Chandler” there is very little that bothers me. Involving my kids, my friends and my work on the board bothers me. What you think about me or my posts do not.

Too funny means we are bringing up sh!t that happened 7 years ago. That cracks me up. Here is the saddest part of the board. Someone wrote about Hillinski Hope and I think there was one reply. I could mention how Doba screwed the program and how Wulff was given the impossible task of cleaning it up and that thread would go on for days. And btw, that too (lack of response to the Hillinski post) bothers me .

Just out curiosity, in five years how many posts do you think I reference you and acknowledge you in a post? How many posts do you think you reference me in posts I am not even involved in? I think that is the "Tell".

Too funny.

We're talking about Petersen and a QB leaving the uw program, which happened this month. You're the one the brings up crap from 7 years ago to justify some point you're trying to make that doesn't make any sense.

As previously stated, Ed hates little things like facts. He's more about narratives with some kid of odd historical justification that may contain some highly filtered kernels of semi-truth.

Then he should have just said that.

If the Yankoffs are to believed, they got royally jerked around by Petersen and it cost their kid a year of eligibility.
Peterson over recruited that year for QBs. Someone would get left out. If Petersen lied to the Yankoffs, all recruits thinking of UW should beware. It should negatively affect their recruiting going forward.

No-- the similarities are the accounts by the student athletes and talking to the public. Chompers may have been a dick, he may have verbally agreed to personally sign the waiver, he may have agreed and then have the AD nix it looking at future ramifications.

Again, Johnson Mack misrepresented on twitter what Leach would and would not do. I don't know if we have the full story, either way regarding Chompers.I fiond many times the truth is some what in between those opposite ends.

But I do know if Chompers said he could transfer to another Pac 12 school it was a plain stupid thing to do. And why would Chip Kelly assume he would get a kid that was ready to play this year? Either there are some really naive people and parents, or they aren't paying attention.

If Chompers, Wulff, Leach, Price told me they would sign the waiver, I would know I am subject to them changing their mind, the university vetoing it, or something else may come into play. Jake Hainer did not want to get caught in the same situation.

Why would people make such assumptions? Maybe because Petersen said he would sign the waiver. You also may have noticed guys like Justin Fields and Tate Martell are eligible right now without sitting out a year.

Interesting twitter post from a well known QB coach regarding the Coach Pete explanation for choosing Eason over Haener. His reputation or lack there of in handling and developing QB's goes down with every move. It won't be long where that program is just DB's and nothing else. That is really all they are developing.

Haener obviously figured out that he never really had a shot no matter how well he played or poorly Eason played. When Eason transferred maybe (probably?) there was an agreement that he would be the starter.

Why would people make such assumptions? Maybe because Petersen said he would sign the waiver. You also may have noticed guys like Justin Fields and Tate Martell are eligible right now without sitting out a year.
With Fields and Martell was the immediate eligibility because of their former school or the NCAA?

With Fields and Martell was the immediate eligibility because of their former school or the NCAA?

I believe they obtained hardship waivers from the NCAA, due to questionable hardships.

Don't know if Yankoff tried the hardship route or not.

Isaiah Johnson Mack wanted a waiver to be close to his two young kids and Leach gave him a waiver to go to any FBS school in the state of Florida and Georgia. Not 100% sure about Georgia. Kid ended up transferring to Duquesne in PA and then to Bowling Green.

He has been so awesome at Bowling Green that they moved him to DB. IJM's issue was one of work ethic.
IJM isn't on the two deeps just announced by Bowling Green who's predicted to finish last. He's 232 lbs. now.

Haener obviously figured out that he never really had a shot no matter how well he played or poorly Eason played. When Eason transferred maybe (probably?) there was an agreement that he would be the starter.

The thing that is a little off on this one is Haener given Pete's history is his kind of QB. He is basically version 3.0 of Kellen Moore and Bowning. You have to think his natural inclination would be to go with him. That also makes you think he was getting some outside pressure on this decision. His 1-4 Bowl record probably is not helpful in pushing back on some restless alums who think that Eason is the missing piece to put the program at an elite level.

The thing that is a little off on this one is Haener given Pete's history is his kind of QB. He is basically version 3.0 of Kellen Moore and Bowning. You have to think his natural inclination would be to go with him. That also makes you think he was getting some outside pressure on this decision. His 1-4 Bowl record probably is not helpful in pushing back on some restless alums who think that Eason is the missing piece to put the program at an elite level.

The purple prognosticators have already awarded Eason four Heisman trophies for this year alone. In fact, it's amazing that he hasn't already been drafted number 1 overall.

“But the real decision lies with the school, so we asked UW about getting that waiver so Colson could play this year. They told us that once Colson had formally enrolled at UCLA or elsewhere, that school would send the waiver application, and it would be handled that way.

“We were pretty hopeful. Petersen had made it plain he didn’t have plans for Colson and, since the rule exists to prevent a competitive advantage, it’s worth noting that Washington doesn’t play UCLA in either of the next two seasons — so competitive advantage didn’t come into it."

If all the above is true, they might consider hiring an attorney. Sounds like UW made an oral agreement with Colson, that was taken away. Also the comment that UW doesn't play UCLA anytime soon, is fairly relevant. Lastly, if Petersen did say, you aren't going to be a fit here long term, good luck, then why not sign it? Curious what the motives are.

Squeaky Clean Pete, is more like Sneaky Pete, Just google Peterson and Samuel Ekwuachu, I assume Sam was an OKG

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
I believe they obtained hardship waivers from the NCAA, due to questionable hardships.

Don't know if Yankoff tried the hardship route or not.
That's a potential difference with the Yankoff deal. I read an article yesterday that basically said if the player ask for a waiver AND the family hires a lawyer it's basically a done deal. The Yankoff's were told per the CDA article basically not to bother by the UW. Maybe it's still in the hands of the NCAA or they took the UW letter far too literally. Regardless, IMO I think there's a difference between the program signing a waiver and the NCAA deciding to give immediate eligibility.

The decisions on those other 2 players are good examples of why the entire system around transfers and eligibility is suspect but what's new with college athletics and the NCAA? End of the day Yankoff was subject to having to sit a year.

I guess you don't support Petersen in anything except lying. You keep lying about players being sprayed with a hose in freezing temperatures. Petersen is of course free to respond. There is nothing that would prevent him from doing so. He's chosen to let only one side of the story be told.

Saying that you would give a player a chance is not a lie.

Ah yes...the discussion of 7 years ago. Sure let's rehash that. You claim there were no freezing temps in September and there was one if not two days it could have happened. Remote however and I would agree.

Regarding the spraying of either the players or the pit where kids got wet, I believe I made several claims. 1) This doesn't involve Leach. 2) I really think the incident at hand was the weekend of October 29th, where the temps were colder and the kids were reportedly rolled. It may have even been over stuff with the cell phone, but I don't recall and I am not googling it. Here is what I HAVE said. The parents said it happened. The inquiry said it did not. I said in my mind the inquiry was not complete because they did not interview the one person who was a neutral party with nothing to gain or lose. There was a memo from Drake to Moos around teh same time this incident happened. What was Drake's concern. No pone knows and that has been my point all along.

Yup, I have wondered the same. Haener definitely seems like almost a perfect fit for what Petersen likes in a QB. Eason's a guy that gets by on his arm-talent and the exact opposite of what Petersen likes in a QB. It could still work out but something interesting to watch.

Squeaky Clean Pete, is more like Sneaky Pete, Just google Peterson and Samuel Ekwuachu, I assume Sam was an OKG
Better yet, have a beer with a Boise cop or sports reporter that was there when Petersen was the coach at BSU.
No fear of reprisals now so they'll give you the real story.

The purple prognosticators have already awarded Eason four Heisman trophies for this year alone. In fact, it's amazing that he hasn't already been drafted number 1 overall.
That's good. If he's given kudos for landing Eason and all the other eggs break....happy, happy. Cajole into a hole.

“But the real decision lies with the school, so we asked UW about getting that waiver so Colson could play this year. They told us that once Colson had formally enrolled at UCLA or elsewhere, that school would send the waiver application, and it would be handled that way.

“We were pretty hopeful. Petersen had made it plain he didn’t have plans for Colson and, since the rule exists to prevent a competitive advantage, it’s worth noting that Washington doesn’t play UCLA in either of the next two seasons — so competitive advantage didn’t come into it."

If all the above is true, they might consider hiring an attorney. Sounds like UW made an oral agreement with Colson, that was taken away. Also the comment that UW doesn't play UCLA anytime soon, is fairly relevant. Lastly, if Petersen did say, you aren't going to be a fit here long term, good luck, then why not sign it? Curious what the motives are.

I know what my motives would be...you set the example for other transfers within the conference.

We were pretty hopeful. Petersen had made it plain he didn’t have plans for Colson and, since the rule exists to prevent a competitive advantage, it’s worth noting that Washington doesn’t play UCLA in either of the next two seasons — so competitive advantage didn’t come into it."

Makes me think they knew it wasn't exactly a done deal and some assumptions on their part were made during the process.

Reactions: CougEd
As previously stated, Ed hates little things like facts. He's more about narratives with some kid of odd historical justification that may contain some highly filtered kernels of semi-truth.

I am sorry which "fact" am I missing? That Johnson Mack tweeted Leach was not granting him his release and he said it in public and it was not factually correct?

I have been around enough athletes even at the high school level that information isn't always--- how can I say this....accurate. I had a parent send me a three page email about his kid not playing in a championship game, and that the coaches were under my watch and what am I going to do about it. I sent back a very delicate response which solicited another three page letter, followed by a delicate response then another three page manifesto by the aggrieved party. I finally had to tell him his kid was asked to go in and his kid begged the coach not to put them in. The player had missed a ton of practice time and was scared they didn't know the plays.

Last summer a fellow bball parent came to me in a second game of a tourney and told me how upset I was going to be because her kid was benched by the coach for trapping on defense, and the mom said it was player C's fault. I looked at her and said the player should have been benched because first the player gave the coach crap in front of everyone, and two that coach does not run that defense so player c had no clue they had to scramble, as that was a defense part of the team ran in AAU ball.

Point was fairly simple, parents often get some facts wrong, just like in the case with M Wilson. I am not defending Chompers, maybe he did lie. I only have one side of the story.

And let's say it is 100% true, do you really think that changes anything? I work in the same town as he does, I don't choose to listen to him, I don't pay attention to him, and I don't care about his reputation. I do respect his work and what he accomplished at BSU, and thought the play calling down the stretch against Oklahoma in 2007 was nothing short of brilliant.

And when he joined Udump he became dead to me. But that doesn't take away the fact many times parents get it wrong or partially wrong.

Better yet, have a beer with a Boise cop or sports reporter that was there when Petersen was the coach at BSU.
No fear of reprisals now so they'll give you the real story.

Well share.....

Yup, I have wondered the same. Haener definitely seems like almost a perfect fit for what Petersen likes in a QB. Eason's a guy that gets by on his arm-talent and the exact opposite of what Petersen likes in a QB. It could still work out but something interesting to watch.

I

You know the old saying about assuming.....

I am sorry which "fact" am I missing? That Johnson Mack tweeted Leach was not granting him his release and he said it in public and it was not factually correct?

I have been around enough athletes even at the high school level that information isn't always--- how can I say this....accurate. I had a parent send me a three page email about his kid not playing in a championship game, and that the coaches were under my watch and what am I going to do about it. I sent back a very delicate response which solicited another three page letter, followed by a delicate response then another three page manifesto by the aggrieved party. I finally had to tell him his kid was asked to go in and his kid begged the coach not to put them in. The player had missed a ton of practice time and was scared they didn't know the plays.

Last summer a fellow bball parent came to me in a second game of a tourney and told me how upset I was going to be because her kid was benched by the coach for trapping on defense, and the mom said it was player C's fault. I looked at her and said the player should have been benched because first the player gave the coach crap in front of everyone, and two that coach does not run that defense so player c had no clue they had to scramble, as that was a defense part of the team ran in AAU ball.

Point was fairly simple, parents often get some facts wrong, just like in the case with M Wilson. I am not defending Chompers, maybe he did lie. I only have one side of the story.

And let's say it is 100% true, do you really think that changes anything? I work in the same town as he does, I don't choose to listen to him, I don't pay attention to him, and I don't care about his reputation. I do respect his work and what he accomplished at BSU, and thought the play calling down the stretch against Oklahoma in 2007 was nothing short of brilliant.

And when he joined Udump he became dead to me. But that doesn't take away the fact many times parents get it wrong or partially wrong.

Just living up to your MO here. Historical references, kernels of semi-truth, wrapped in the all important shell of CougEd's personal experience.

Of the facts you missed where that Leach wanted to meet with Johnson-Mack to discuss the waiver.

And another would be that when people maybe don't understand how a process works, they reach out to the people in charge. Here the person in charge misled them.

Cute AAU story though.

Last edited:
Just living up to your MO here. Historical references, kernels of semi-truth, wrapped in the all important shell of CougEd's personal experience.

Of the facts you missed where that Leach wanted to meet with Johnson-Mack to discuss the waiver.

And another would be that when people maybe don't understand how a process works, they reach out to the people in charge. Here the person in charge misled them.

Cute AAU story though.

Not just aau but point taken . Mack makes a claim that was 100% false via Twitter . Colson makes claims about another coach publicly and it is gospel. Check

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT