ADVERTISEMENT

Gold

Not just aau but point taken . Mack makes a claim that was 100% false via Twitter . Colson makes claims about another coach publicly and it is gospel. Check

Well, Petersen has had a lengthy period of time to workout any misunderstanding and hasn't. You already said that Johnson-Mack's tweet was inaccurate. Are you trying to argue with yourself now?

Well, Petersen has had a lengthy period of time to workout any misunderstanding and hasn't. You already said that Johnson-Mack's tweet was inaccurate. Are you trying to argue with yourself now?
Not at all...simply pointed out athletes state inaccurate stuff and make it public. Case in point the Mack case.

Not all that hard to grasp.

Not at all...simply pointed out athletes state inaccurate stuff and make it public. Case in point the Mack case.

Not all that hard to grasp.

Of course, Mack's tweets weren't inaccurate. Leach wasn't granting a waiver until after the two had met face to face. IJM tweeted before they met.

Well share.....
Sure.
Regarding the police....if a BSU player was contacted by the police for any reason the first call was to a staff member of the AD...Players were NOT to be charged with any crime or issued a citation until the AD had his input. If you broke that rule you were ostracized within the department and could kiss any potential advancement goodbye. Source...my best friend in Boise who is a cop.
Regarding reporters...if you wrote negative things about the players or coaches or were deemed to have "crossed the line" regarding the play of the team or most importantly the play calling/decision making of the BSU coaches, your press pass would be revoked. Period.
Source... news anchor on the local station (WSU grad) who was my neighbor.

Sure.
Regarding the police....if a BSU player was contacted by the police for any reason the first call was to a staff member of the AD...Players were NOT to be charged with any crime or issued a citation until the AD had his input. If you broke that rule you were ostracized within the department and could kiss any potential advancement goodbye. Source...my best friend in Boise who is a cop.
Regarding reporters...if you wrote negative things about the players or coaches or were deemed to have "crossed the line" regarding the play of the team or most importantly the play calling/decision making of the BSU coaches, your press pass would be revoked. Period.
Source... news anchor on the local station (WSU grad) who was my neighbor.

Thank you. To be honest I am not sure that is abnormal. What seems to be abnormal is how the Pullman PD and press behave compared to their contemporaries in other cities.

In terms or coverage, is that all that different than Leach's handling of brand x or some other reporters he didn't find adequate?

But Pullman maybe one of the few towns that don't see the Athletic Department as the golden goose and don't look the other way.

Heck Norm Maleng back in the day was on the case before the arrested player ever made it back it the station.

Yup, I have wondered the same. Haener definitely seems like almost a perfect fit for what Petersen likes in a QB. Eason's a guy that gets by on his arm-talent and the exact opposite of what Petersen likes in a QB. It could still work out but something interesting to watch.

Truth be told I always thought that "There is Something About Mary's Matt Dillion's look alike Chompers was in the long line of QB guys under Bellotti. He was their WR coach. So he doesn't have Price's pedigree or Leach's when it comes to QB's...all of which surprised me.

I have a friend who has coached in HS ball for 25 years, and he said Eason can really spin it. Eason may only need to make a handful of plays a game to be pretty successful.

Thank you. To be honest I am not sure that is abnormal. What seems to be abnormal is how the Pullman PD and press behave compared to their contemporaries in other cities.

In terms or coverage, is that all that different than Leach's handling of brand x or some other reporters he didn't find adequate?

But Pullman maybe one of the few towns that don't see the Athletic Department as the golden goose and don't look the other way.

Heck Norm Maleng back in the day was on the case before the arrested player ever made it back it the station.
I think you're right in your comments about it being somewhat of the "norm" in a lot of places. The reason I posted it was to refute this image that Petersen portrays to the public about being some alter boy. He's not. Far from it. He's like the proverbial politician who preaches values, honesty, etc then gets caught in bed with a couple of grams of coke and a couple of hookers.

I think you're right in your comments about it being somewhat of the "norm" in a lot of places. The reason I posted it was to refute this image that Petersen portrays to the public about being some alter boy. He's not. Far from it. He's like the proverbial politician who preaches values, honesty, etc then gets caught in bed with a couple of grams of coke and a couple of hookers.

I am not sure you have t be a politician to get caught in that situation :)

I am in the same city as he, but surprisingly I don't pay a lot of attention to him. Do you really see him as someone who is cultivating an image?

I am not sure you have t be a politician to get caught in that situation :)

I am in the same city as he, but surprisingly I don't pay a lot of attention to him. Do you really see him as someone who is cultivating an image?
Yes. Living in Boise it was all Broncos, all the time. Nothing happened without his blessing. As long as he's winning in Seattle, the media won't dig too deep.
Just the way he likes it.

Yes. Living in Boise it was all Broncos, all the time. Nothing happened without his blessing. As long as he's winning in Seattle, the media won't dig too deep.
Just the way he likes it.

Do you think he was the one with the connection to the police dept or the AD? I think he comes across as milk toast in Seattle but I guess I don's see him presenting himself like an alter boy. Alex Rodriquez back in the day cultivated an image, to some extent Russell Wilson does. I will be the first to admit the culture is already set in Seattle and they know which side their bread is buttered, but I just haven't seen him trying to project an it because to be honest there is no need to. But that may be way different than what was transpiring in Boise.

Do you think he was the one with the connection to the police dept or the AD? I think he comes across as milk toast in Seattle but I guess I don's see him presenting himself like an alter boy. Alex Rodriquez back in the day cultivated an image, to some extent Russell Wilson does. I will be the first to admit the culture is already set in Seattle and they know which side their bread is buttered, but I just haven't seen him trying to project an it because to be honest there is no need to. But that may be way different than what was transpiring in Boise.
The AD was his mouthpiece.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT