ADVERTISEMENT

Good Day to be a Coug, 2018

I'm surprised that you hold a grudge against a kid whose heart was bigger than his talent.
Wow Flat...his heart was bigger than his talent. He loved the lime light. I would say in the years I went to recruiting dinners I saw one signed recruit at the dinner, and it was Danzy. Doba said he was a great Coug. He had more talent than Paul Menke and Menke gave it more than three months.

For a guy who loved WSU I would think he would have given it more than a fall session. I would say if he actually went through spring ball he had heart. How does a freshman who has heart who didn't sustain and injury not go through spring practice.

Like I said I guess I view heart as something else.

An August 22, 2006 story from Brand x states that Danzy transferred to Alabama A&M in the spring of 2006. He was at WSU for the 2005 season. Does that fit Mr. Money Tree's "quits after three months" narrative? Probably not.
Nonetheless, here Mr. Money Tree is again talking about one Doba recruit from 12 years ago who didn't pan out.

Actually my description is accurate. His first year of school was 8/2005. He went from August to December playing football...or late November because that team didn't go bowling. He didn't go through spring practice, which would mean he quit after three months. He gave it all of the fall session. He didn't play and he left. No spring practice. for a guy who loved being a Coug it sure was a short ride.

Actually my description is accurate. His first year of school was 8/2005. He went from August to December playing football...or late November because that team didn't go bowling. He didn't go through spring practice, which would mean he quit after three months. He gave it all of the fall session. He didn't play and he left. No spring practice. for a guy who loved being a Coug it sure was a short ride.

Hate to break it to you Ed, but football starts around August 1 and goes through the end of November. So even assuming that he did quit as soon as the season was over, that's four months. August through December is five months. Your math is wrong anyway you cut it.

Hate to break it to you Ed, but football starts around August 1 and goes through the end of November. So even assuming that he did quit as soon as the season was over, that's four months. August through December is five months. Your math is wrong anyway you cut it.
Got it...let me rephrase it for you then. He quit after giving it all of one fall session. I suppose that changes the concept he quit before it really got started, and that his Cougness meant so much to him he didn't even give it a year with a spring session. And when I say year so you aren't confused by the message in lawyer speak, a year is the fall season, winter workouts, and spring practice. In this context we aren't speaking of 365 days, or 8760 hours...give or take a minute or two.

Or if you really want to be exact he gave it three months and 19 days...and yes that extra 19 days changes his commitment to the university.

Got it...let me rephrase it for you then. He quit after giving it all of one fall session. I suppose that changes the concept he quit before it really got started, and that his Cougness meant so much to him he didn't even give it a year with a spring session. And when I say year so you aren't confused by the message in lawyer speak, a year is the fall season, winter workouts, and spring practice. In this context we aren't speaking of 365 days, or 8760 hours...give or take a minute or two.

Or if you really want to be exact he gave it three months and 19 days...and yes that extra 19 days changes his commitment to the university.

Actually Ed, I'm not confused at all. I don't think Danzy meant anything to the program. He was the first notable recruit WSU had to really embrace the embrace the Internet to promote himself. He had a website as I recall, which for 2005 was cutting edge.

What is confusing is why you keep trying to minimize the disaster that was Paul Wulff. Sure, all coaches have recruiting misses. But somehow you distort that into Wulff was the same as every other coach. That's just idiotic. Wulff's winning percentage was worse than SMU's during the four years after the death penalty and worse than Marshall's during the four years after the plane crash. His recruiting was historically bad. Wulff's first recruit in the 2011 class was Max Gama- remember him? A guy with no real position that never played a snap, who Wulff's staff had 2+ years to evaluate and recruit.

Ed, you should really learn when to just shut up.
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-the-call-for-many-washington-state-recruits/

Reactions: YakiCoug
What does that article have to do with anything? He was instrumental in getting the "Vipers"? You mean the qb that was going to "BBQ" the Pac 10? Like I have always maintained with him. He love the attention more than he loved the hard work to become a Pac 10 football player. And I don't think a player who gave three months and 19 days should be consider a walking billboard for the Cougs.

Last edited:
Actually Ed, I'm not confused at all. I don't think Danzy meant anything to the program. He was the first notable recruit WSU had to really embrace the embrace the Internet to promote himself. He had a website as I recall, which for 2005 was cutting edge.

What is confusing is why you keep trying to minimize the disaster that was Paul Wulff. Sure, all coaches have recruiting misses. But somehow you distort that into Wulff was the same as every other coach. That's just idiotic. Wulff's winning percentage was worse than SMU's during the four years after the death penalty and worse than Marshall's during the four years after the plane crash. His recruiting was historically bad. Wulff's first recruit in the 2011 class was Max Gama- remember him? A guy with no real position that never played a snap, who Wulff's staff had 2+ years to evaluate and recruit.
Not minimizing the work Wulff did. Simply pointing out the disaster Bill Doba and staff were to the program. Trust me it is way easier to recruit off a Sun Bowl, a Rose Bowl and a Holiday Bowl vs four non winning seasons and recruiting and retention in the crapper.

Last edited:
What des that article have to do with anything? He was instrumental in getting the "Vipers"? You mean the qb that was going to "BBQ" the Pac 10? Like I have always maintained with him. He love the attention more than he loved the hard work to become a Pac 10 football player. And I don't think a player who gave three months and 19 days should be consider a walking billboard for the Cougs.

Fixed your post for you (below).

Ed:
What do any of Ed's posts have to do with anything? He was instrumental in running off half of Cougzone. Like I have always maintained with Ed. He loves the attention of his 16,000 posts more than he loves the hard work to post coherently. And I don't think a poster who blathers unintelligently should be consider a walking billboard for the Cougs.

Reactions: YakiCoug
Not minimizing the work Wulff did. Simply pointing out the disaster Bill Doba and staff were to the program. Trust me it is way easier to recruit off a Sun Bowl, a Rose Bowl and a Sun Bowl vs four non winning seasons and recruiting and retention in the crapper.

You messed this up.

I wish you good fortune.

Ed:
What do any of Ed's posts have to do with anything? He was instrumental in running off half of Cougzone. Like I have always maintained with Ed. He loves the attention of his 16,000 posts more than he loves the hard work to post coherently. And I don't think a poster who blathers unintelligently should be consider a walking billboard for the Cougs.

Ed:

You think Danzy was responsible for running off half the posters of Cougzone? I don't think that was the case.

Wow Flat...his heart was bigger than his talent. He loved the lime light. I would say in the years I went to recruiting dinners I saw one signed recruit at the dinner, and it was Danzy. Doba said he was a great Coug. He had more talent than Paul Menke and Menke gave it more than three months.

For a guy who loved WSU I would think he would have given it more than a fall session. I would say if he actually went through spring ball he had heart. How does a freshman who has heart who didn't sustain and injury not go through spring practice.

Like I said I guess I view heart as something else.

I would rather see him acknowledge that he didn't have the talent to compete in the Pac-12 and leave after one year than to suck off the WSU tit for four years and bitch about the loss of innocence when his worthless ass got run out of town.

I would rather see him acknowledge that he didn't have the talent to compete in the Pac-12 and leave after one year than to suck off the WSU tit for four years and bitch about the loss of innocence when his worthless ass got run out of town.
I would agree with you. If that is determined after three months and 19 days then he really oversold himself and should never have been the poster boy for Doba recruiting class. If he was that valuable as an asset in recruiting then his "lack of talent" that was determined in 3 months and 19 days would certainly be offset by what he could have helped in recruiting Seattle when the Dawgs were down. So despite his early acknowledgement of his lack of Pac 10 talent, he certainly could have been a huge asset to the program if he was the Coug he and Doba led us to belief at the recruiting dinner. Instead he bailed before spring ball to find out where he really stood. Why wouldn't you go through practice? It doesn't change anything regarding his transfer.

I would agree with you. If that is determined after three months and 19 days then he really oversold himself and should never have been the poster boy for Doba recruiting class. If he was that valuable as an asset in recruiting then his "lack of talent" that was determined in 3 months and 19 days would certainly be offset by what he could have helped in recruiting Seattle when the Dawgs were down. So despite his early acknowledgement of his lack of Pac 10 talent, he certainly could have been a huge asset to the program if he was the Coug he and Doba led us to belief at the recruiting dinner. Instead he bailed before spring ball to find out where he really stood. Why wouldn't you go through practice? It doesn't change anything regarding his transfer.

I'm impressed by your level of butthurt with Danzy. You have no idea what the conversations between him and the coaches were. You don't know what he was thinking, but 10 years later, you're holding a grudge against a kid who decided it was best to move on and play at a lower level school where he felt that he would have an opportunity to play and have an impact on the field instead of being a cheerleader on the sideline. For what it's worth, maybe he did wave the flag for WSU through signing day before moving on. You don't know, but that doesn't keep you from hating on him a decade later. I'd never fault anyone who decided that they wanted to find a spot where they fit better rather than wasting someone's resources when they know it isn't working out. I can think of a few current and former WSU coaches that could learn from Danzy's example.

Danzy was part of a group that included Jonathan "Snoop" Stewart, arguably WSU's biggest recruiting target that year. Danzy, Brandon Gibson, Arkelon Hall and a couple other guys formed the "Vipers." Doba wasn't averse to taking a kid like Danzy - still an all-state DB - if it meant snaring a recruit of Stewart's stature. Of course, it didn't happen, but it's really no reason to obsess over it 12 years later, and it certainly didn't set up the biggest loser in WSU football history. That turd was laid all on its own, with some help, of course, by guys named Chris Ball.

I'm impressed by your level of butthurt with Danzy. You have no idea what the conversations between him and the coaches were. You don't know what he was thinking, but 10 years later, you're holding a grudge against a kid who decided it was best to move on and play at a lower level school where he felt that he would have an opportunity to play and have an impact on the field instead of being a cheerleader on the sideline. For what it's worth, maybe he did wave the flag for WSU through signing day before moving on. You don't know, but that doesn't keep you from hating on him a decade later. I'd never fault anyone who decided that they wanted to find a spot where they fit better rather than wasting someone's resources when they know it isn't working out. I can think of a few current and former WSU coaches that could learn from Danzy's example.

You'll have to excuse Edith. Menopause has really altered his moods, and he and Chris Ball are miles apart now.

Flat I have zero problem with a guy moving on. What I struggle with is his self promotion, loving the limelight and not putting in the work, then say he was an ambassador for the Cougs. Also, there were two people on the board back then, Hall's dad who was upset his kid wasn't starting despite not knowing the offense, being out of shape, and thinking because he was an elite 11 QB that meant something once he stepped on campus. The truth is he had to earn it. Danzy had his own advocate. It was someone who believed in November Danzy wasn't given a fair shot.

There are two ends of a spectrum. One, a person holds a grudge, the other end is where someone believes he was a great ambassador, and then there is a middle ground. I simply don't believe he was an ambassador for the Cougs. He was all talk, no substance. If...and I say IF he didn't have a family member or friend on the board pissing and moaning about the lack of opportunity his freshman year, and IF he went through spring ball to see where he fit in then I wouldn't object to your feelings he was an asset to the program.

Ron Childs wanted to be the next Steve Broussard. He even went through spring practice playing running back. They made the switch in fall ball. What if he decided to not participate in spring practice and left the program?

Is Jake Rogers a great Coug? An ambassador for the program? No, he left. A big deal? Nope. I would have hoped he stayed and sucked it up, but he didn't.

Matt Meyer. A great Coug? He lasted about 120 days less than Danzy. The point is Danzy was on the scout team, as are many freshman. His position coach probably couldn't tell you how he did his first 119 days once they got through fall practice.

He had every right to leave. I just think on the "hold a grudge vs ambassador and great Coug continuum he is more in the middle.

Danzy was part of a group that included Jonathan "Snoop" Stewart, arguably WSU's biggest recruiting target that year. Danzy, Brandon Gibson, Arkelon Hall and a couple other guys formed the "Vipers." Doba wasn't averse to taking a kid like Danzy - still an all-state DB - if it meant snaring a recruit of Stewart's stature. Of course, it didn't happen, but it's really no reason to obsess over it 12 years later, and it certainly didn't set up the biggest loser in WSU football history. That turd was laid all on its own, with some help, of course, by guys named Chris Ball.
Gibson already committed, as you pointed out Stewart didn't sign and Hall and Danzy left the program. I think he could have had an impact in the Seattle area if he chose to work through it.

Flat I have zero problem with a guy moving on. What I struggle with is his self promotion, loving the limelight and not putting in the work, then say he was an ambassador for the Cougs. Also, there were two people on the board back then, Hall's dad who was upset his kid wasn't starting despite not knowing the offense, being out of shape, and thinking because he was an elite 11 QB that meant something once he stepped on campus. The truth is he had to earn it. Danzy had his own advocate. It was someone who believed in November Danzy wasn't given a fair shot.

There are two ends of a spectrum. One, a person holds a grudge, the other end is where someone believes he was a great ambassador, and then there is a middle ground. I simply don't believe he was an ambassador for the Cougs. He was all talk, no substance. If...and I say IF he didn't have a family member or friend on the board pissing and moaning about the lack of opportunity his freshman year, and IF he went through spring ball to see where he fit in then I wouldn't object to your feelings he was an asset to the program.

Ron Childs wanted to be the next Steve Broussard. He even went through spring practice playing running back. They made the switch in fall ball. What if he decided to not participate in spring practice and left the program?

Is Jake Rogers a great Coug? An ambassador for the program? No, he left. A big deal? Nope. I would have hoped he stayed and sucked it up, but he didn't.

Matt Meyer. A great Coug? He lasted about 120 days less than Danzy. The point is Danzy was on the scout team, as are many freshman. His position coach probably couldn't tell you how he did his first 119 days once they got through fall practice.

He had every right to leave. I just think on the "hold a grudge vs ambassador and great Coug continuum he is more in the middle.

I agree overall with your comment but what's interesting is how you interpreted my original post on the issue. I posted:

Even though he never made an impact on the field, Danzy is and always be one of my favorite Cougs. That man had more love for WSU than any recruit that I've ever seen and that means something to me. I hope he found some sort of success in his life.

In the highlighted part above in your post, you indicate that you think that I felt that Danzy was an asset to the program. All I said is that the guy came in as a die-hard coug who appeared to be in love with the idea of being a Coug. I'm sure that there was some self-promotion that was part of it, but he was inspired to be a part of the WSU program and was trying to get his friends to think the same way. Was he an asset? I never thought that deeply about it. I just loved the fact that he was so gung ho. Unfortunately, it looks like you are guilty of reading more into my post than ever intended. I wasn't saying that I was a Danzy fan because he was special to the program. I'm a Danzy fan because the program was special to him......at the time. And just because he left doesn't mean that he isn't still a fan. We have no idea on that.

Not minimizing the work Wulff did. Simply pointing out the disaster Bill Doba and staff were to the program. Trust me it is way easier to recruit off a Sun Bowl, a Rose Bowl and a Holiday Bowl vs four non winning seasons and recruiting and retention in the crapper.
I don't think it would be possible to minimize what wulff did, destroying a program takes work, what amazes me is that you still cling to the notion that it was a Doba's fault. As far as Danzy is concerned, who cares? he joined the team, it wasn't working out for him and he left, no hard feelings unlike when your icon wulff got the boot and whined all the way home

I don't think it would be possible to minimize what wulff did, destroying a program takes work, what amazes me is that you still cling to the notion that it was a Doba's fault. As far as Danzy is concerned, who cares? he joined the team, it wasn't working out for him and he left, no hard feelings unlike when your icon wulff got the boot and whined all the way home

Just to be a smart aleck, I think that Wulff showed just how easy it was to destroy a football program. He also demonstrated how hard it is to build a program back up after it's been destroyed.

Not sure why you why you continue to call Wulff my icon. I couldn't even tell you definitively without looking it up if he is still at Sac State, or his official title.

As to why I maintain Doba had a huge hand in what happened is because of the kids he was recruiting and the retention rate. WSU cannot go three years without getting more than one DT to show up to school. How many years did we recruit the same player in Townsend? What QB was on campus that was even on Tuels or Hallidays level when Wulff took over. How about lineman? How about speed. Here is the difference. Doba inherited a team solid as a rock. He helped produce three ten win seasons. He had Ropati and Johnson on campus for 2003 redshirting. The next two Dt's were Ahmu who missed a season if I recall and Turpin who did something academically to get booted. The other DT was Tarkenton a JC. The Cougs were so short on Dlineman that DOba during a two game stretch had to go to a three man dline.

A house doesn't fall apart in a day unless you have an earthquake. The signs were on the wall when we lost to Oregon, OSU 50 something to 10. When we gave up 47 to Arizona. When we gave up a boat load to USC. We saw when Brink played poorly that this team was capable of easily giving up 50 points. They gave up 53 to a QB that looked like a fullback for OSU.

If Doba left a decent amount of dlineman for the 2009 and 2010 season, and if he had a decent amount of olineman for 2009 and 2010, if he had a future qb on the roster then I would say he ran his course and stepped down. The foundation was broken. Brink because he could eat up time on the clock was able to somewhat protect the defense and limit the number of 50 point plus games. But the storm was coming.

And if you know my history I was against Wulff getting the job. I thought they needed someone like price who could weather the storm of a 5 year rebuild. I knew the damage that was done to the program. Did Wulff have the cache like Leach to make it better in a faster manner? Nope.

I agree overall with your comment but what's interesting is how you interpreted my original post on the issue. I posted:

Even though he never made an impact on the field, Danzy is and always be one of my favorite Cougs. That man had more love for WSU than any recruit that I've ever seen and that means something to me. I hope he found some sort of success in his life.

In the highlighted part above in your post, you indicate that you think that I felt that Danzy was an asset to the program. All I said is that the guy came in as a die-hard coug who appeared to be in love with the idea of being a Coug. I'm sure that there was some self-promotion that was part of it, but he was inspired to be a part of the WSU program and was trying to get his friends to think the same way. Was he an asset? I never thought that deeply about it. I just loved the fact that he was so gung ho. Unfortunately, it looks like you are guilty of reading more into my post than ever intended. I wasn't saying that I was a Danzy fan because he was special to the program. I'm a Danzy fan because the program was special to him......at the time. And just because he left doesn't mean that he isn't still a fan. We have no idea on that.
Flat, I got exactly what you said. I was at the Doba dinner where Danzy showed up. I would be willing to venture he was the first and only recruit to show up at those events. I saw first hand how much he liked the limelight. And to call him a favorite because he was enthusiastic to be a Coug I just have a hard time buying that one. He was more into self promotion. I don't care that he left. It is like me saying I found Marquess Wilson my favorite Coug because he felt what he did was in the best interest of his teammates.

I don't hold it against Wilson for leaving. Do I like the way he handled it? No. Do I believe he did it for his teammates like he said? No. If I really believe he had the best interest of his team at heart, then I would not have a problem with anyone who said he was their favorite Coug.

Leon Bender is probably my favorite Coug, because he persevered through tough times. Danzy playing on the scout team which many freshman do could not have known what the coaches had in store for him. Practicing 110 days and calling it quits doesn't seem to me to have given it a chance to be a Coug. So I don't care that he left. I just find it odd anyone would think of him as their favorite Coug.

Flat, I got exactly what you said. I was at the Doba dinner where Danzy showed up. I would be willing to venture he was the first and only recruit to show up at those events. I saw first hand how much he liked the limelight. And to call him a favorite because he was enthusiastic to be a Coug I just have a hard time buying that one. He was more into self promotion. I don't care that he left. It is like me saying I found Marquess Wilson my favorite Coug because he felt what he did was in the best interest of his teammates.

I don't hold it against Wilson for leaving. Do I like the way he handled it? No. Do I believe he did it for his teammates like he said? No. If I really believe he had the best interest of his team at heart, then I would not have a problem with anyone who said he was their favorite Coug.

Leon Bender is probably my favorite Coug, because he persevered through tough times. Danzy playing on the scout team which many freshman do could not have known what the coaches had in store for him. Practicing 110 days and calling it quits doesn't seem to me to have given it a chance to be a Coug. So I don't care that he left. I just find it odd anyone would think of him as their favorite Coug.

Ed, you are doing it again. For some reason, you feel the need to exaggerate my feelings towards Danzy. I never said that he was my favorite Coug. I said that he is one of my favorite Cougs. That is a sizeable list and there are many former Cougar athletes that I would list ahead of Danzy. I get it that you don't like the kid and I'm sure that his ego bothered you. I still wish him the best and hope that he's found success and happiness.

Ed, you are doing it again. For some reason, you feel the need to exaggerate my feelings towards Danzy. I never said that he was my favorite Coug. I said that he is one of my favorite Cougs. That is a sizeable list and there are many former Cougar athletes that I would list ahead of Danzy. I get it that you don't like the kid and I'm sure that his ego bothered you. I still wish him the best and hope that he's found success and happiness.
I guess...but who said I don't like the kid. There again is a pretty big difference between being one of my favorites to not liking him. There is a lot of territory in the middle. And if you were to tell me Matt Meyers was one of your favorite Cougs I would have the same puzzlement. And he didn't come uninvited to a dinner and being hailed as the next great Coug.

Not sure why you why you continue to call Wulff my icon. I couldn't even tell you definitively without looking it up if he is still at Sac State, or his official title.

As to why I maintain Doba had a huge hand in what happened is because of the kids he was recruiting and the retention rate. WSU cannot go three years without getting more than one DT to show up to school. How many years did we recruit the same player in Townsend? What QB was on campus that was even on Tuels or Hallidays level when Wulff took over. How about lineman? How about speed. Here is the difference. Doba inherited a team solid as a rock. He helped produce three ten win seasons. He had Ropati and Johnson on campus for 2003 redshirting. The next two Dt's were Ahmu who missed a season if I recall and Turpin who did something academically to get booted. The other DT was Tarkenton a JC. The Cougs were so short on Dlineman that DOba during a two game stretch had to go to a three man dline.

A house doesn't fall apart in a day unless you have an earthquake. The signs were on the wall when we lost to Oregon, OSU 50 something to 10. When we gave up 47 to Arizona. When we gave up a boat load to USC. We saw when Brink played poorly that this team was capable of easily giving up 50 points. They gave up 53 to a QB that looked like a fullback for OSU.

If Doba left a decent amount of dlineman for the 2009 and 2010 season, and if he had a decent amount of olineman for 2009 and 2010, if he had a future qb on the roster then I would say he ran his course and stepped down. The foundation was broken. Brink because he could eat up time on the clock was able to somewhat protect the defense and limit the number of 50 point plus games. But the storm was coming.

And if you know my history I was against Wulff getting the job. I thought they needed someone like price who could weather the storm of a 5 year rebuild. I knew the damage that was done to the program. Did Wulff have the cache like Leach to make it better in a faster manner? Nope.

Sure, the foundation was broken. Then Wulff came in and buried everything that remained, all while blaming anyone and anything else for his own failings. Wulff was actually responsible for his failures. Come to grips with that and move on.

I guess...but who said I don't like the kid. There again is a pretty big difference between being one of my favorites to not liking him. There is a lot of territory in the middle. And if you were to tell me Matt Meyers was one of your favorite Cougs I would have the same puzzlement. And he didn't come uninvited to a dinner and being hailed as the next great Coug.
But who's your favorite Little Rascal--is it Alfalfa, or is it Spanky?

Last edited:

CougEd is a Wulff Worshiper, an aPaulstle.

Only he could take someone casually mentioning that they liked a coug player for him to make it all about how Doba ruined everything for his boy Paulie.

Yet no matter how bad Doba took the program down several notches his worst season in 2005 with just 4 wins was still the ceiling for Wulff.

A realistic pragmatic person understands cycles and that there has to be some slack to give due to the time it takes to mold a program to your vision...

But paul Wulff's vision and product was a piece of shit.

Leach took over a much worse situation than Wulff.

Wulff got a team that averaged 5 wins the previous 4 years.
Leach got a team that averaged 2.25 the previous 4 years.

However bad CougEd thinks the hand Paul Wulff was dealt...double it. Because that's the honest no bias statistical performance FACT. 100% FACT. Not opinion. ****ING FACT that Leach was given.

Now what we have is a guy who knows how to build a program and now the program is at 5.8 wins.

Danzy is just 1 player. 1 single player, and if you watch college football enough you know that some players play the whole time, some don't make it all the way. Every single program goes through that.

It's not about who leaves. It's about who stays and what you do with those players who stay and who you add to it.

If some people like Danzy that's great. He played here, he didn't try to screw over the team or coaches on the way out, he just went his separate way to find his own path. Good for him, glad he at least tried at WSU.

Wulff was a failure, he hosed the program, blamed everyone but himself, and WSU is better for getting rid of him and Jim Walden.

Sure, the foundation was broken. Then Wulff came in and buried everything that remained, all while blaming anyone and anything else for his own failings. Wulff was actually responsible for his failures. Come to grips with that and move on.

Edith misses Chris Ball. Leach ruined everything.

Only Ed would resurrect his stale repetitive drivel in a thread about "it's a good day to be a Coug." These aren't good days for the embitterED one.

CougEd is a Wulff Worshiper, an aPaulstle.

Only he could take someone casually mentioning that they liked a coug player for him to make it all about how Doba ruined everything for his boy Paulie.

Yet no matter how bad Doba took the program down several notches his worst season in 2005 with just 4 wins was still the ceiling for Wulff.

A realistic pragmatic person understands cycles and that there has to be some slack to give due to the time it takes to mold a program to your vision...

But paul Wulff's vision and product was a piece of shit.

Leach took over a much worse situation than Wulff.

Wulff got a team that averaged 5 wins the previous 4 years.
Leach got a team that averaged 2.25 the previous 4 years.

However bad CougEd thinks the hand Paul Wulff was dealt...double it. Because that's the honest no bias statistical performance FACT. 100% FACT. Not opinion. ****ING FACT that Leach was given.

Now what we have is a guy who knows how to build a program and now the program is at 5.8 wins.

Danzy is just 1 player. 1 single player, and if you watch college football enough you know that some players play the whole time, some don't make it all the way. Every single program goes through that.

It's not about who leaves. It's about who stays and what you do with those players who stay and who you add to it.

If some people like Danzy that's great. He played here, he didn't try to screw over the team or coaches on the way out, he just went his separate way to find his own path. Good for him, glad he at least tried at WSU.

Wulff was a failure, he hosed the program, blamed everyone but himself, and WSU is better for getting rid of him and Jim Walden.

Edith misses Chris Ball. Leach ruined everything.
Nope and Nope. Chris Ball is a DC where I would guess he wants to be and Leach has built something with a good foundation. Now he may have some cracks he needs to repair, IE the lack of size and depth along the dline, and it will be interesting to see what happens after falk leaves. But that is three seasons of 8 plus wins. That success has only been seen one other time in the last forty years. Mike Price and Bill Doba's first year before the slide in talent began.

Nope and Nope. Chris Ball is a DC where I would guess he wants to be and Leach has built something with a good foundation. Now he may have some cracks he needs to repair, IE the lack of size and depth along the dline, and it will be interesting to see what happens after falk leaves. But that is three seasons of 8 plus wins. That success has only been seen one other time in the last forty years. Mike Price and Bill Doba's first year before the slide in talent began.

And other teams began adding more talent and finding new identities (for example, Oregon) and others rediscovered past glory (USC). The conference became tougher, but keep blaming Doba and dismissing The Turd's epic failures. A simple mind such as yours, Mr. Money Tree, needs simple answers.

And other teams began adding more talent and finding new identities (for example, Oregon) and others rediscovered past glory (USC). The conference became tougher, but keep blaming Doba and dismissing The Turd's epic failures. A simple mind such as yours, Mr. Money Tree, needs simple answers.
Yo Joe...your hanky bankies climbing up a little to far? I knew it was a five year rebuild because of what Doba did. Because of the lack of lineman on both sides of the ball. Because of the horrible retention he had, and the model that Mike Price had and how long it took to develop a QB once they got a Pac 10 talent. Doba took over the most successful teams we had in our history, and for the first time we had a record and consistency to recruit off of. It was clear the very first Doba dinner, and the second one that he was not bringing in Erik Coleman or Trufant, or even Karl Paymah.

He wasn't bringing in Rien Long or Jeremy Williams or even a Ron Chids. Doba made two critical errors...one he let Robin Pflugrad run the recruiting. RP made the same mistake at ASU and did it again at WSU. Instead of going after the kids that made it work and fit the system they started to go head to head with USC and didn't have the Ron Childs sewn up and committed. So when Snoop Stewart said no they didn't have the A- kid because he wasn't offered like he had been in the past.

The second mistake was he went to ball control and the rest of the conference went to Mike Price big play offense. And that not only hurt our ability to score touchdowns but hurt us in recruiting.

So yeah, I watched the erosion of something really special under Doba. Do I hold anger against him? Not at all. I simply know whoever took over (and I wanted Price) the fact we lost our two starting DT's and had no Qb with experience that was going to make it a long haul to get back to a bowl game.

Yo Joe...your hanky bankies climbing up a little to far? I knew it was a five year rebuild because of what Doba did. Because of the lack of lineman on both sides of the ball. Because of the horrible retention he had, and the model that Mike Price had and how long it took to develop a QB once they got a Pac 10 talent. Doba took over the most successful teams we had in our history, and for the first time we had a record and consistency to recruit off of. It was clear the very first Doba dinner, and the second one that he was not bringing in Erik Coleman or Trufant, or even Karl Paymah.

He wasn't bringing in Rien Long or Jeremy Williams or even a Ron Chids. Doba made two critical errors...one he let Robin Pflugrad run the recruiting. RP made the same mistake at ASU and did it again at WSU. Instead of going after the kids that made it work and fit the system they started to go head to head with USC and didn't have the Ron Childs sewn up and committed. So when Snoop Stewart said no they didn't have the A- kid because he wasn't offered like he had been in the past.

The second mistake was he went to ball control and the rest of the conference went to Mike Price big play offense. And that not only hurt our ability to score touchdowns but hurt us in recruiting.

So yeah, I watched the erosion of something really special under Doba. Do I hold anger against him? Not at all. I simply know whoever took over (and I wanted Price) the fact we lost our two starting DT's and had no Qb with experience that was going to make it a long haul to get back to a bowl game.

This was tired the first 800 times you posted it. Move on Ed. Wulff sucked. Worst in school history.

Price put pflugrad in charge, he gushed over his recruiting style etc...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT