I can beat you up
I am a chick magnet
I am not little
I am smarter than everyone
I can beat you up
This should be #1000.

Reactions: YakiCoug
Sorry, Wulffui, Sponge beat you to it.

Don't stop now, guys. You are closing in on the previous thread's record for posts. Better hurry, though, as I suspect that Scott will close this one any day now.

Sorry, Wulffui, Sponge beat you to it.

Don't stop now, guys. You are closing in on the previous thread's record for posts. Better hurry, though, as I suspect that Scott will close this one any day now.

That probably will happen, but it won't stop the return of these guys ...
latest

Reactions: wulffui
Whitless... Totally incorrect. On all accounts. ASk Biggs how many times we talked about Leach coming on board as early as October 2010. We just couldn't afford him.

Second, Leach is much more dynamic than Wulff. He is a coach even winning only 3 games in 2014 can keep his name and WU's name relevant in the national media. But our fans would much rather talk about a guy fired almost four years ago then they would talk about Leach being quoted on ESPN about his 64 team playoff.

Third, my "inside" source. I suppose I will have to tell you one more time. I never met Wulff. Not once. Never talked to him, never emailed, never had any contact with him or anyone on his staff. I met only one coach on that staff and only because the people who had seasons tix next to mine were very close to this one coach. If you brought that coach to my, had me stand across from me and asked if he knew my name or if he ever met me there would not have a clue.

In terms of "inside" info, I have way more knowledge now....and how important is that to me. Its not.

Yes, Ed, 100% accurate as you have reported many times over many years. I too, had never met Wulff until I brought players over for football camp in June 2011. Prior to that, my info came from a former teammate and good friend of his. This is where I learned Wulff was getting hired. I learned that although Moos recommended Sumlin and Wulff, he was passionate about hiring Wulff, a "true Cougar"

Wulff didn't know me, had no reason to talk with me but was quite open with me about his vision, the challenge, his outlook, optimism and concerns for the team.

If you lived back their like have, and you have friends who you played football and basketball with that went there, people back there know what that school has to offer and it is a 30 minute plane ride to the bball mecca.

In terms of tony doing very well at WSU after the initial recruits left, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt that he would have cleaned up the awful recruiting class that he left. Not sure if he would have or not. Him going 7-11 with 2 NBA players and a great point guard does make me wonder.

Yes, if you definition of a good coach is that a 58 year old guy is being clamored after as a head coach, then yah, he sucks.

All the two tourney teams told me is he can win with dads players at WSU. I don't remember Bone being left with two players that were 6 10. In Cowgill's case, with his long arms maybe 7 foot. I do remember Tony leaving him Thames, and Thames apparently wanted the ball in his hands and decided to transfer. It was an unfortunate decision.

Ed, I was born close to Charlottesville and have been to that area to visit many times, so yes, I am well aware of the recruiting grounds in that region.

My original point was that I recall no one mentioning UVa (including you) as a "sleeping giant" back in 2009. I also recall that WSU fans were stunned that Tony got lured away to "just UVa" for his next coaching gig. People were generally expecting a big-name school.

As for your 58 year old coach comment above, let's say that if you could get Coach K for three seasons right now at a mid-Pac12 salary rate (hypothetically), would you not take that deal in a heartbeat? I don't care if Bone is 58 years old, if he were an excellent BCS-level coach, he'd get snatched up by a good program. That is my point. You understand that, right?

Ed, you seem to be saying that Bone was left with a bad lineup by TB, and had Tony been left with the same lineup that he too would have had similarly dismal results. I hope you aren't equating these two coaches, because that is just absurd. Please tell me you aren't. Please admit that Tony is far superior as a head coach than is Bone.

It doesn't matter that Thames left the team in the end or anyone else left for that matter. Coach Bone could have had Tony's Sweet Sixteen team and would have been lucky to even take them to the NIT. That is the point. He was in over his head at WSU. He had no clear vision of the system he wanted in place, no commitment to team defense, and no ability to inspire his players or articulate a compelling reason why good players should come to WSU to play for him. He's a nice guy and I have nothing personal against him, but he cannot coach at this level, and it didn't matter who he had in his lineup. That is the reality and that is why no other program has thought to themselves "Hmmm, WSU sure was stupid to fire him, so we should immediately hire him as our head coach!". You understand this, right? Please confirm.

Finally, appreciate it if admit you were wrong about supporting Bone until the end at WSU. That is all I'm asking. It's okay, we are all wrong at times, so there is no shame in admitting that. I am only pushing for this because it seems like you rationalize everything away when it doesn't fit into your narrative of how you see the world.

PS Tony went 8-10 in league, I was just messing with you and your old "we went 7-11 during Tony's last season" mantra that you have repeated many times in the past.:)

Yes, Ed, 100% accurate as you have reported many times over many years. I too, had never met Wulff until I brought players over for football camp in June 2011. Prior to that, my info came from a former teammate and good friend of his. This is where I learned Wulff was getting hired. I learned that although Moos recommended Sumlin and Wulff, he was passionate about hiring Wulff, a "true Cougar"

Wulff didn't know me, had no reason to talk with me but was quite open with me about his vision, the challenge, his outlook, optimism and concerns for the team.

The only reason we didn't hire Sumlin is we didn't have the money to hire him. Sumlin made 750k at the University of Houston, and Wulff was hired for 600k. This "true cougar" stuff is a joke. He was cheap, and they knew he was cheap.

It was going to cost WSU 2.8 Million to pay off Doba.

"Sterk repeated earlier statements that it would cost the WSU athletic department about $2.8 million to pay off the contracts of Doba (through Jan. 3, 2010) and his nine full-time assistants (through June 30, 2009)."

Sumlin came in. Asked for a Pac-12 salary and we couldn't pay it. To put it in perspective Riley was paid 950k.

So this "true cougar" stuff is a bunch of bs. It was because he was dirt cheap, and we couldn't afford anybody else, and we knew he would take the job.

He wasn't qualified for it.
He had Zero FBS experience as even an assistant.
But he was dirt cheap. So they gave his bumbling bafoonery a shot and it ruined every single last bit of progress we made from the Price era. The Wulff nail was bought at the dollar store and the coffin for cougar football was sealed for 4 years.

Moos hired him.

all the handwringing and denial you want to invent doesn't change that simple fact.

No. Sterk hired him fake coug. Sterk was the AD. Not Moos. But of course you wouldn't know that because you aren't a coug.

We'll just add this to the Bill Moose, Posting on the Husky board about Obama telling us to get Michelle Obama, fake list of stuff you post on here.

Reactions: YakiCoug
Moos hired him.

all the handwringing and denial you want to invent doesn't change that simple fact.
big deal, you should be happy he recommended him, after all it was you that insisted wulff was going to make it and get a market value contract as a reward

Moos hired him.

Sterk, the AD at the time, was responsible for the Wulff hire.

All your attempts to shift blame onto people who aren't as jazzed to hang out and chat you up are cute, though.

Honestly, you make Cougs look bad dude...
As do all the dumbass memes, you calling posters biggots, comments about my profile pic, and a certain nut job posting the name of Ed's coworker and getting banned for making comments about about "our poor dead mommy".

But, by all means, continue your hypocrisy.

As do all the dumbass memes, you calling posters biggots, comments about my profile pic, and a certain nut job posting the name of Ed's coworker and getting banned for making comments about about "our poor dead mommy".

But, by all means, continue your hypocrisy.
But when you make a meme, or spend thirty posts talking about cookie butter, or only know your "regional dialect" definition of bigotry...

It's just fitting that you ended your statement with the word hypocrisy.

But when you make a meme, or spend thirty posts talking about cookie butter, or only know your "regional dialect" definition of bigotry...

It's just fitting that you ended your statement with the word hypocrisy.
I don't make dumbass memes. That is the domain of Whitless and Yaki.

So, your "Animal House" picture?

Do you know the difference between an actual meme and just a picture?
Yes..a meme is when one edits the picture. If you want to call my animal house, fine. So I have 1 meme under my belt by your definition.

Further, the term biggot is rarely, if ever used in the manner in which you and CP suggest.

Last edited:
Yes..a meme is when one edits the picture. If you want to call my animal house, fine. So I have 1 meme under my belt by your definition.
To my knowledge, it's the adding of verbiage- "can I haz cheezburger?" and stuff- usually the picture stays the same. Either way, there's a lot fewer of those than just "discussion appropriate" pictures- like your Animal House post.

To my knowledge, it's the adding of verbiage- "can I haz cheezburger?" and stuff- usually the picture stays the same. Either way, there's a lot fewer of those than just "discussion appropriate" pictures- like your Animal House post.
Whatever you say Wulffui.

It's Sunday. Enjoy it as opposed to responding to all my posts 39 seconds after posting.

Go make your personal cheerleader CP some cookie butter or something.

Last edited:
Also, "biggot"? Another regional dialect because the bigots are even bigger in Indiana? Or your smart phone helping you again?

Also, "biggot"? Another regional dialect because the bigots are even bigger in Indiana? Or your smart phone helping you again?
Ahh..the ole spelling defense. You know you are reaching when you have to use the spelling card.

I do, however, find it interesting that you were quick to come to the defense of CP(within minutes) when I was responding to him and not you.

Would be interesting to do an IP check. Wouldn't be surprised if the IP was the same. I'd give it a 50/50 chance.

It's either that or you are each others personal cheerleader.

Now put your apron back on and get in the kitchen and make some cookie butter.

Ahh..the ole spelling defense. You know you are reaching when you have to use the spelling card.
Nope, when a guy constantly misspells and doesn't know the definition of a five letter word most fifth graders recognize, I'm not reaching- I'm pointing out that you have the education of a nine year old... and you're not disproving that. Especially when you consider your last line is misogynistic as shit. But I don't mind- you're doing all you can with your demonstrably impaired faculties, and I can't judge you for that.

Knock yourself out on that IP search, though- its clearly a big conspiracy, and not almost every single person recognizing that you're a moron.

Why aren't you enjoying your Sunday? Your feeble attempts to outwit me certainly won't make you feel better.

Nope, when a guy constantly misspells and doesn't know the definition of a five letter word most fifth graders recognize, I'm not reaching- I'm pointing out that you have the education of a nine year old... and you're not disproving that. Especially when you consider your last line is misogynistic as shit. But I don't mind- you're doing all you can with your demonstrably impaired faculties, and I can't judge you for that.

Knock yourself out on that IP search, though- its clearly a big conspiracy, and not almost every single person recognizing that you're a moron.

Why aren't you enjoying your Sunday? Your feeble attempts to outwit me certainly won't make you feel better.
Oh, I wouldn't worry too much about my weekend.

Anyone that names themself after Wulff and calls him the worst coach ever all day every day needs to look in the mirror before calling anyone a moron...and they certainly aren't out-witting anybody...

Except maybe in their own imagination.

Oh, I wouldn't worry too much about my weekend.

Anyone that names themself after Wulff and calls him the worst coach ever all day every day needs to look in the mirror before calling anyone a moron...and they certainly aren't out-witting anybody...

Except maybe in their own imagination.
Yeah, I'd avoid addressing what someone said too if I were stupid and couldn't capably defend myself. FWIW, when I look in my mirror, there's like 900% more hair on my head, and it's probably 3 or 4 inches higher up. So I'm good.

Who, in WSU history, would you consider a worse coach than Wulff? Since you find that statement so objectionable...

No. Sterk hired him fake coug. Sterk was the AD. Not Moos. But of course you wouldn't know that because you aren't a coug.

We'll just add this to the Bill Moose, Posting on the Husky board about Obama telling us to get Michelle Obama, fake list of stuff you post on here.
I know the reason why Moos was hired, why he was given unprecedented leeway and that Sterk already had a foot in San Diego... perhaps it's time you grow up.

I know the reason why Moos was hired, why he was given unprecedented leeway and that Sterk already had a foot in San Diego... perhaps it's time you grow up.
If Sterk already had a foot in San Diego, it makes sense that he'd install a coach his new employer could beat both on the field and in recruiting.

Grow up? You're the one that has already been exposed as a fake. Everybody knows it. But be my guest you aren't fooling anyone..waste waste waste your life.

Ed, I was born close to Charlottesville and have been to that area to visit many times, so yes, I am well aware of the recruiting grounds in that region.

My original point was that I recall no one mentioning UVa (including you) as a "sleeping giant" back in 2009. I also recall that WSU fans were stunned that Tony got lured away to "just UVa" for his next coaching gig. People were generally expecting a big-name school.

As for your 58 year old coach comment above, let's say that if you could get Coach K for three seasons right now at a mid-Pac12 salary rate (hypothetically), would you not take that deal in a heartbeat? I don't care if Bone is 58 years old, if he were an excellent BCS-level coach, he'd get snatched up by a good program. That is my point. You understand that, right?

Ed, you seem to be saying that Bone was left with a bad lineup by TB, and had Tony been left with the same lineup that he too would have had similarly dismal results. I hope you aren't equating these two coaches, because that is just absurd. Please tell me you aren't. Please admit that Tony is far superior as a head coach than is Bone.

It doesn't matter that Thames left the team in the end or anyone else left for that matter. Coach Bone could have had Tony's Sweet Sixteen team and would have been lucky to even take them to the NIT. That is the point. He was in over his head at WSU. He had no clear vision of the system he wanted in place, no commitment to team defense, and no ability to inspire his players or articulate a compelling reason why good players should come to WSU to play for him. He's a nice guy and I have nothing personal against him, but he cannot coach at this level, and it didn't matter who he had in his lineup. That is the reality and that is why no other program has thought to themselves "Hmmm, WSU sure was stupid to fire him, so we should immediately hire him as our head coach!". You understand this, right? Please confirm.

Finally, appreciate it if admit you were wrong about supporting Bone until the end at WSU. That is all I'm asking. It's okay, we are all wrong at times, so there is no shame in admitting that. I am only pushing for this because it seems like you rationalize everything away when it doesn't fit into your narrative of how you see the world.

PS Tony went 8-10 in league, I was just messing with you and your old "we went 7-11 during Tony's last season" mantra that you have repeated many times in the past.:)
1) I always said UVA was a sleeping giant. I have always said UVA is an easier gig.
2) Bone is not getting a Pac 12 job. He was fortunate to get the one he got. He is fortunate his connections with Sterk when Sterk was at PSU.
3) I am saying Tony Bennett left a huge whole on the roster, a 8-10 team with an NBA back up center, a NBA All star, and a great point guard. And you really wonder why I say the roster had a huge hole in it that was to be fulled by Nic Witherill, Hartune, Simons, and Brown.
4) Tony Bennett had far better results. The table was set by the work he and his dad did.
5) In the years you have followed WSU...say since 1970, how many players did a coach lose early to the NBA? I know of one.
6) While he couldn't take WSU to the dance with WSU's talented team, he sure did with PSU team. How many times has PSU done that.
7) Ask people that are associated with the UW and ask them who they felt were the brains behind Romar's early seasons.
8) You do get if Klay Thompson didn't smoke a bowl right after the USC game, and they beat UCLA...and they had a 20 point lead without him and would have won if they simply hit free throws....and they go to the NCAA tourney.
9) No one was banging the door down for Ernie Kent, George Raveling after USC, or a number of other coaches. The MOntana coach sure likes him.
10) I have zero problem admitting I am wrong. I was wrong about questioning Mike Price's ability in 1990 for example.
11) 8-10, 7-11....both non winning seasons. One game doesn't change the story.
12) Keep asking...

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd avoid addressing what someone said too if I were stupid and couldn't capably defend myself. FWIW, when I look in my mirror, there's like 900% more hair on my head, and it's probably 3 or 4 inches higher up. So I'm good.

Who, in WSU history, would you consider a worse coach than Wulff? Since you find that statement so objectionable...
Defend against what?

Almost every single thing.
This is an honest question. if I made an admission that Wulff is the anti Christ, that Matt E is better than Cooper, Matt Mullinex was better than Long, that Hannam was better than Fullington, that Alfred was better than Williams, that LEsuma was better for one year than Rodgers would have been for four, that Lopina ran circles around Tuel and Halliday, that Chima was better than Deone, that Tuel should never have been put in the game, that everything Wulff did was horrible--- then whenever I post something I think is going wrong with three losing seasons will you be ok with that, and simply say you have your right to your opinion?

As for the mistakes Wulff made and didn't make. Well, when I look at it I look at it as what do other coaches do. Is what he did so out there that his criticism is rightfully deserved. How does it compare to others that have been through here. Let's take oline recruiting. Was his NET result that much different than Price in his early years? Nope. Doba? Nope. In terms of talent it could be argued he got better lineman in terms of the NFL earlier than either Price or Doba. Can you really argue with that? Well, at least that is how the NFL would judge it,

So is it a valid criticism sure, but Price and Doba would be under the same criticism. Wulff needed 8 lineman his first two years, I think he got six, and three may have worked out. When I say 6 I am including Spitz and Guerra. When I look at the number of trips offered to lineman in 2009 for example, I believe we were right there in the middle with the rest of the Pac 12. Crap happens. He didn't get enough lineman in the program via scholies. He did supplement well with walkons. One of the reasons he got fired.

The biggest mistake he made was taking the job. For a variety of reasons. If he was Jason Gesser and Gesser took the job in 2008 I would make the same comment. As Biggs and I talked about in 2008, the person who took that job was hired to be fired. Even if I said the 2008 team was good, what was leftover from really bad recruiting years was going to catch up. There was too much work to do from 2009, and I didn't see how we woul win before 2012. I said that back in 2008.

Why was it a mistake. One, he didn't have the recruiting cache like Leach, to get ready made players through the door. He had to get projects. Just like Price got projects with the likes of Clay Reis, Chad Eaton, Sam Lightbody, Ray Hall (Dennis recruit), Gary Holmes. They had to be built up and that takes time. Time was not on his side.

Second, he didn't have the cache of Mike Price. So where Mike Price could say "I am the King of Poop Island, or Mike Leach for example comfortably could say after a crappy performance, "we have to coach better". Wulff could not use that line because of the level of coaching he came from. Paul Wulff knew once he said those words any cred he had with his team or fans would be lost, because he didn't have the resume and there was always teh lack f respect for him. Drew Bledsoe was Mike Prices get out of jail free card. Price was right on him. The fans and the media who were calling for Gossen or Garcia were wrong.

For example, he did exactly what Mike Leach did with his staff. Evaluated what he had after three years. That way Leach could know for sure he is making the right decision. Enough time had passed to determine who worked and who did not. Wulff did exactly that. Once he knew he had his players in place he switched out his coaching staff, but it was received differently. One guy knew what he was doing, the other did not.

His second mistake was public relations. He was too sensitive, his comments about Brian Forde or the sanctity of the verbal agreement was a huge error. Where Doba refused to go after someone's verbals, he should have played the same game without a conscience. A guy like Sankey or Cleveland, once they decided to look around he probably should have pulled their offer.

On his coaching staff I would have retained Mike Walker instead of Malik Roberson.

He probably should not have tried to redshirt three JC players in 2008.

And when he left he should have done what Ken Bone did.

In terms of recruiting, if we had an early signing period, which has always been something WSU should want, I think recruiting probably would have looked pretty good.

On the field, were there any huge gaffes that I can recall? Did time run out when it shouldn't have? Did we call a time out to call a fake punt against the smartest team in the country?

Probably one huge mistake was against SDSU and we were up by two TD's just stopped them and we roughed the punter. Was that called? No clue.

That the disconnect is lost on you is not all that surprising.

I have zero problem with saying Wulff is the worst coach we've ever had.

What I do find extremely odd(along with your interest in my hair), to put it mildly, is that you named yourself after him...then bash him all day every day.

That's schizophrenic behavior to say the least.

And since you have such an interest in my hair, there is a full head of hair present.I just had it cut in that picture.

I do find the obsession with my photo on this board very strange.

Congrats for having longer hair than me, though.

Infamous Tackle back at Evansville High Practice in 1990 on Hardy.

Whitless is the classic case of a keyboard coward who hides behind his keyboard and pokes fun at others and creates dumbass memes because he has no real accomplishments in life...and never played a down of football.

I'm sure if you tried the same tackling drill on Kevin, you would have winded up in the hospital.

Last edited:
Whitless is the classic case of a keyboard coward who hides behind his keyboard and pokes fun at others and creates dumbass memes because he has no real accomplishments in life...and never played a down of football.

I'm sure if you tried the same tackling drill on Kevin, you would have winded up in the hospital.

You must've learned a new word in school recently.

by the way, I beat Mark Fields in a cookie butter eating contest in 2nd grade.

Last edited:

I do, however, find it interesting that you were quick to come to the defense of CP(within minutes) when I was responding to him and not you.

Would be interesting to do an IP check. Wouldn't be surprised if the IP was the same. I'd give it a 50/50 chance.

It's either that or you are each others personal cheerleader.

Now put your apron back on and get in the kitchen and make some cookie butter.

LOL

okay, let's do this... Run an IP check (nerd), if we end up being two COMPLETELY unrelated individuals than you leave this forum forever.... Deal?

Don't wimp out chicken.

Reactions: wulffui
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT