ADVERTISEMENT

Great game so far for Minshew

If Minshew gets into playoffs, and is the starter in the playoffs, and has another performance like this and 4,5,6 TD's in the playoffs, I think that a team will give Minshew the chance to be a starting QB, and not just a back up QB that becomes the starter because of an injury to the starter.

I just don't see how no team an or coach an or GM an or owner, etc, would not give Minshew the chance to be a starting QB, if he gets to the playoffs, starts the play offs, and throws 4,5,6,7 TD's in a playoff game.

Only the TOP, BEST QB's in the entire NFL throw. 4,5,6,7 TD's in the playoffs, and if Minshew did that, then he would be better then 85% of the QB's in NFL.

There are too many SUCKY, LOUSY, PIECE OF CRAP starting QB's in the NFL, and to many teams that need a good starting QB, to not give a top 15% QB like Minshew(IF he does GOOD in playoffs), a chance at being a NFL starting QB.

If no one gives him a chance to be a NFL starting QB, AFTER, IF Minshew is a TOP 15% QB in the playoffs, then the teams, coaches, GM's, Owners are either MORONS, or have a corrupt agenda, or have a conspiracy, axe to grind, etc, against Minshew, an or don't want a Eastern Carolina University QB to transfer to WSU, then be a starter in NFL, an or dont want a player like Minshew who doesn't pass the eyeball test, who doesnt have a cannon arm, who isnt the standard, traditional pure cannon arm, drop back passer, who isnt 6 foot 4.5 inches, 234 pounds, etc, to be a NFL starting QB.

Statistically, he’s pretty much middle of the pack…but that’s pretty good for someone who’s been pretty well written off as a backup. He’s 1 win away from having them clinch a winning record, with a good shot at a playoff berth. Their remaining schedule is @Atlanta and then The raiders and Texans in Indy. All of those are winnable, two out of three probably at least puts them in the wild card, could even win the division. Win all 3 and they have a mathematical chance at a first round bye.

Moving from the #4 pick to a playoff berth in one season is a nice feather in the cap for someone who’s looking at free agency again in the offseason. Maybe this time someone gives him a real contract to play out.

Reactions: justinbgocougs
I didn’t realize he only had a 1 year contract. Looking at how much some of the QBs on that list make that he’s statistically better then ales me hopeful he’s in for a big raise.

Yes good game by with the exception of almost having his receiver get decapitated.

I didn’t realize he only had a 1 year contract. Looking at how much some of the QBs on that list make that he’s statistically better then ales me hopeful he’s in for a big raise.
And, just like in Jacksonville, he’s doing it with a relatively low level of talent around him. Their #1 RB has been unavailable most of the year, they’ve basically got 1 receiver (or had, until he got his head taken off yesterday), their OL is shaky and their defense is mediocre. Yet they’re still in contention.

At least 42 NFL QB’s are making more than Minshew this year according to this::

Some of these salaries are so nuts. Are you actually worth $50 million? How did we get so far out of whack?

According to what I just read, Minshew is guaranteed 3.5 million with playing incentives of another $2 million. I'm sure he has already earned the additional $2 million.

Some of these salaries are so nuts. Are you actually worth $50 million? How did we get so far out of whack?

According to what I just read, Minshew is guaranteed 3.5 million with playing incentives of another $2 million. I'm sure he has already earned the additional $2 million.
Yep. His 1-year deal with the Colts is $1.75M salary with a $1.75M signing bonus, with undisclosed playing time incentives for another $2M.

Probably not real high thresholds for the incentives, since he was supposed to be a backup. I think Richardson was only in parts of 3 games, so whatever the threshold was…I’d guess GM is getting the $2M.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2023/03/17/colts-free-agency-gardner-minshew-contract-details-2023/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT