ADVERTISEMENT

Had to laugh at my wife for trying to help me out

Flatlandcoug

Hall Of Fame
Aug 14, 2007
Wichita, Kansas
My wife tried to help me out this weekend. She mentioned that a cougar fan site had an advertisement on the "Die Hard Cougs" Facebook page offering the one year membership at a huge discount.

It was Brand X. I'm like, "nah...I'm good". I don't go there for free.....so why would I pay to be part of that crap? I know that I need to pony up here at some point, but I'm never giving those dicks at Brand X my money.

My wife tried to help me out this weekend. She mentioned that a cougar fan site had an advertisement on the "Die Hard Cougs" Facebook page offering the one year membership at a huge discount.

It was Brand X. I'm like, "nah...I'm good". I don't go there for free.....so why would I pay to be part of that crap? I know that I need to pony up here at some point, but I'm never giving those dicks at Brand X my money.
had you previously? You were a free board guy for a while, right?

I paid for a couple years an eon ago. I posted a lot until the end of the Wulff tenure. When I said good riddance to Wulff, I became persona non grata there.
There are more dogs that post there now than Cougs

They put bans on people who didn't even post. I was a paying member but rarely posted..then one day I went to post to see what bars in Seattle had a certain Gane on ..and I wasn't allowed to post.

I mentioned it to the jagoff moderator and he said I must have broken the rules even though I think I had maybe one or two posts and didn't break any rules.

I told him I was going to cancel my subscription..and his attitude was like who cares...we have tons of subscribers.

I knew that attitude would bite them in the ass...and sure enough it did.

I paid for a couple years an eon ago. I posted a lot until the end of the Wulff tenure. When I said good riddance to Wulff, I became persona non grata there.

They went full Rick Rizzs during the Wulff era. Puff piece after puff piece touting the progress in the program, the latest uncovered gem of a recruit who was going to help bring back the once every four years bowl game. They liked him and they did everything in their power to keep him there. They also like Rolovich and are pumping him with similar gusto. Same for Ernie Kent and Kyle Smith.

I have no issue with fansites promoting the company line on the current head coach. I do take exception to outlets basing their opinion of a head coaches on whether or not they like him. If you are going to tout yourself as a journalist, make an objective assessment of the man in charge. Don't imply he was somehow responsible for a player committing suicide (which is what prompted me to cancel and relocate here).

Reactions: GrayOnGray
They went full Rick Rizzs during the Wulff era. Puff piece after puff piece touting the progress in the program, the latest uncovered gem of a recruit who was going to help bring back the once every four years bowl game. They liked him and they did everything in their power to keep him there. They also like Rolovich and are pumping him with similar gusto. Same for Ernie Kent and Kyle Smith.

I have no issue with fansites promoting the company line on the current head coach. I do take exception to outlets basing their opinion of a head coaches on whether or not they like him. If you are going to tout yourself as a journalist, make an objective assessment of the man in charge. Don't imply he was somehow responsible for a player committing suicide (which is what prompted me to cancel and relocate here).

The training table was epic.

They implied that was Leach's fault?!!

They implied that was Leach's fault?!!
Yes.

Something along the lines of his training and methods being too torturous. I'll see if I can find a link.

** couldnt find anything on a quick google search, but iirc there was speculation as to what could have prompted his suicide (who does that, and does it matter???)
and Leach being tough on his players was mentioned. Feel free to correct me if someone remembers differently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT