ADVERTISEMENT

Harrell to stay at SC with huge pay raise.

Harrell learned well from his jedi master Leach in exerting contract negotiation leverage.

Serious question...would you rather be the OC at USC or Texas in their current respective situations?

I honestly...don't know.

Serious question...would you rather be the OC at USC or Texas in their current respective situations?

I honestly...don't know.
You can be a high paid Wilcox at Texas (while they were bad) and then become a HC in the Pac12. THAT'S a wonderful day in the neighborhood folks.

I'd definitely rather make equivalent money at Texas than at USC (would rather live in Austin than LA, and would prefer not to shell out almost $200k a year just for California income tax), but I can understand his desire to just stay where he is, as opposed to getting in a situation where he's changing jobs every year or two. He can always come back to the state of Texas or elsewhere in the Big 12 whenever he wants, should something open up, but if he bails from USC now and heads back to Texas, only to have Herman get canned next year or the year after, he might face more difficulty (and hassle) going back to the Pac-12.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT