ADVERTISEMENT

Hey MI, this one's for you

My wife loves Amazon and I use it more than I should, but it truly is an evil corporation that sucks the life out of our country and destroys lives. I was reading an article the other day about a couple different businesses that Amazon bankrupted. They would let small sellers use their site but when an item or group of items got popular, Amazon would sell the same things, lower the visibility of the small sellers and wipe them out. Wonderful company. I feel like a dirtbag whenever I buy something from there.

I try to limit my purchases from Amazon to things that I can't easily get in a brick and mortar store.
This will surprise my adoring fan club but the best part of shopping in person is the chicks. I like to roam the aisles at Winco and count all the chicks I would like to.........you know. Usually ranges from between 1 and 6. Other stores too but I rarely go anywhere else. WalMart in desperation.

I don't do Costco either. I think I'm the only person in Yakima County that doesn't have a Costco card.

OTA is not an option, unfortunately.
The other option would be Paramount + @ $11.99 a month, 4K and no ads, or $5.99 a month w/ ads.

This includes everything from Paramount Studios, and CBS, which of course Star Trek, 60 Minutes, and all of their sports channels.

Leach would smile, because now you can stream Gunsmoke in HD, instead of playing the 635 episodes of 20 seasons on standard DVD. I became a Gunsmoke fan because of Leach. Never watched it prior, or growing up. When Leach said Gunsmoke was his all time favorite, I checked it out. If you're into westerns....it's a remarkable series. The longest TV western series of all time.

I realized it may be too late, but not sure if you knew about the Paramount + as an option?

Last edited:
Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
This will surprise my adoring fan club but the best part of shopping in person is the chicks. I like to roam the aisles at Winco and count all the chicks I would like to.........you know. Usually ranges from between 1 and 6. Other stores too but I rarely go anywhere else. WalMart in desperation.

I don't do Costco either. I think I'm the only person in Yakima County that doesn't have a Costco card.
Winco prices are amazing. Like almost half of Kroger, (QFC or 1/3 less than Fred Meyer). We have to drive a bit, but it's so worth it.

Winco prices are amazing. Like almost half of Kroger, (QFC or 1/3 less than Fred Meyer). We have to drive a bit, but it's so worth it.
Different strokes, man.

I’ll occasionally do Fred Meyer for specific items. I don’t like Winco, and I hate Walmart. I won’t even set foot in one. In both of the latter cases, a big part of my distaste is the clientele…although there are some major business practice issues with Walmart.

If I have to grocery shop, I’m almost exclusively a Yokes guy. I acknowledge that they’re more expensive, but I don’t really care. It’s clean and well stocked, not crowded with dirty screaming kids, and the actually understand the phrase “customer service.” I am willing to pay a premium to enjoy my shopping experience…and to go home with food that actually has flavor.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
Different strokes, man.

I’ll occasionally do Fred Meyer for specific items. I don’t like Winco, and I hate Walmart. I won’t even set foot in one. In both of the latter cases, a big part of my distaste is the clientele…although there are some major business practice issues with Walmart.

If I have to grocery shop, I’m almost exclusively a Yokes guy. I acknowledge that they’re more expensive, but I don’t really care. It’s clean and well stocked, not crowded with dirty screaming kids, and the actually understand the phrase “customer service.” I am willing to pay a premium to enjoy my shopping experience…and to go home with food that actually has flavor.
Don't know where you live, but bummer. Here in YakiVegas our Winco rocks. Cheaper than Walmart, great produce. Cheaper than anyone. No perspective on the meat section - I buy the frozen chicken breasts. Clean and friendly too.

The clientele is about 50% Hispanic, often including nice well-behaved families. The bad Hispanics? They shop down in the E. Yakima alleys.

Different strokes, man.

I'll venture into Winco for ethnic foods or staples. I too don't visit much for the same reasons you stated.

Walmart is a nightmare and it'll take you longer to check out than to shop. In fact, same goes for Winco most times.

In addition, the produce at Winco is almost always at the end of its life - if you're not eating it that night, it seems to spoil faster than Freddie's.

Last edited:
I'll venture into Winco for ethnic foods or staples. I too don't visit much for the same reasons you stated.

Walmart is a nightmare and it'll take you longer to check out than to shop. In fact, same goes for Winco most times.

In addition, the product at Winco is almost always at the end of its life - if you're not eating it that night, it seems to spoil faster than Freddie's.
Hmm, well I guess stores vary. The produce at mine lasts just fine, and the meat (I buy a pork roast on occasion) usually has a pretty good eat by date..

What's funny at Walmart is no sacks. I was in there yesterday for some special things and saw multiple carts with a load of loose stuff being pushed out.

In addition, the produce at Winco is almost always at the end of its life - if you're not eating it that night, it seems to spoil faster than Freddie's.
Never been to WINCO, guess I'll have to check it out. Mostly shop at Walmart and Super 1 here in Idaho, sometimes FM. Sounds like some of you need to learn how to check yourselves out, as there is almost always an empty self check station.

BTW, just a reminder that are some nice asses at Walmart and they do not have the market cornered on freaks and wackos. You can find good and bad wherever you go.

Never been to WINCO, guess I'll have to check it out. Mostly shop at Walmart and Super 1 here in Idaho, sometimes FM. Sounds like some of you need to learn how to check yourselves out, as there is almost always an empty self check station.

BTW, just a reminder that are some nice asses at Walmart and they do not have the market cornered on freaks and wackos. You can find good and bad wherever you go.
There is unequivocally, 100% without a doubt a far higher percentage of PWT and 1st of the month shoppers at Walmart than any other store. That's not a judgement, that's fact.

I am happy and blessed that I've had the privilege of not feeling obligated to check the price of every line item I purchase from the grocery store over the last 10 or so years, however that's starting to change as I creep closer to retirement age. But I digress. My point is, I came from poor, I know poor. I am glad to pay a little extra for some things if it means I don't have to shop with screaming kids and angry parents yelling at them, or the person with 20 coupons haggling the cashier over every price, or the heavy police presence because of the huge shoplifting problem. I realize this probably sounds elitist, but trust me it's not.

Hmm, well I guess stores vary. The produce at mine lasts just fine, and the meat (I buy a pork roast on occasion) usually has a pretty good eat by date..

What's funny at Walmart is no sacks. I was in there yesterday for some special things and saw multiple carts with a load of loose stuff being pushed out.

The wife and I always forget those freakin bags. I think they charge .90 for their reusable ones We have like 1000 of them. Gonna give them out to kids on Halloween instead of candy.

Nordstrom Rack Loyal. There’s a reason they are shopping at the discount rack, they don’t have daddy’s credit card anymore.

The Winco in CDA isn’t too bad. The Winco in Spokane Valley, well, make sure you leave your windows rolled down and nothing valuable in your car

There is unequivocally, 100% without a doubt a far higher percentage of PWT and 1st of the month shoppers at Walmart than any other store. That's not a judgement, that's fact.

I am happy and blessed that I've had the privilege of not feeling obligated to check the price of every line item I purchase from the grocery store over the last 10 or so years, however that's starting to change as I creep closer to retirement age. But I digress. My point is, I came from poor, I know poor. I am glad to pay a little extra for some things if it means I don't have to shop with screaming kids and angry parents yelling at them, or the person with 20 coupons haggling the cashier over every price, or the heavy police presence because of the huge shoplifting problem. I realize this probably sounds elitist, but trust me it's not.
If that's elitist, then I am. And I'm OK with that.

FOr ethnic - and specifically Hispanic - I'll go to Fiesta Foods in Pasco. It's hard to communicate with some of the staff, but they're pretty damn good for south of the border.

FOr ethnic - and specifically Hispanic - I'll go to Fiesta Foods in Pasco. It's hard to communicate with some of the staff, but they're pretty damn good for south of the border.
Fiesta is great, but they aren't cheap like they used to be.

Can you REALLY discern a "nice ass" viewed thru flannel pajama bottoms? That's all I have to ask about that

• Haha
Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT