ADVERTISEMENT

Hopefully Houston will be a test

They were discussing Tennessee on CBS radio last night and how they turned down Schiano. Tennessee fan was pretty disgusted with the pick of current HC.

The Tennessee fans were protesting in the streets when Schiano was supposed to be named the new coach. Got what they deserved, IMO.

The way that whole fiasco played out with Schiano was a downright disgrace and a national embarrassment. What you basically had was a Twitter mob led by Clay Travis of Out Kick The Coverage and FOX Sports Radio, and a UT fan I must add, who spread a malicious rumor that Schiano had something to do with covering up Jerry Sandusky’s sins while he was on staff at Penn St. Students and fans immediately believed this lie and protested the deal with Schiano and showed up by the hundreds on campus. Facing such a backlash from the fan base, the AD and search committee rescinded the offer. From that point on, several coaches, some high profile, turned them down. At the end, the former AD, John Currie, contacted Leach and met with him and allegedly came to an agreement to name him the new head coach. Currie was told to return to Knoxville and was fired.

As a Kentucky fan, I have no sympathy for Tennessee. If they had been able to hire Leach, I would probably change my attitude toward them because I’m a huge fan of his. The Vols settled for a former Alabama DC who is really struggling as a head coach. The good news is you guys still have Leach as your coach. What he has accomplished at WSU is amazing. I hope he stays in Pullman.

schools like Tennessee are a pain in the arse, the whole sec is-leach is better off at wsu-i think his recruiting is starting to get good California sure helps

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT