ADVERTISEMENT

Horrid officiating

Originally posted by wazzupdx:
Originally posted by SideWaysDown:
at the end of yesterday's game. Not the reason The Cougs lost, but still...
Nothing new for the pac 12
They have to get UCLA into the tourney, just as the football refs had to ignore the obvious PI in the Oregon-WSU game to further Oregon's drive to the football playoffs. How much money would the Pac-12 have lost had Oregon not gotten in?

Originally posted by YakiCoug:
Originally posted by wazzupdx:
Originally posted by SideWaysDown:
at the end of yesterday's game. Not the reason The Cougs lost, but still...
Nothing new for the pac 12
They have to get UCLA into the tourney, just as the football refs had to ignore the obvious PI in the Oregon-WSU game to further Oregon's drive to the football playoffs. How much money would the Pac-12 have lost had Oregon not gotten in?
You know it is bad when my daughter, who attended Ucla, said on the Hawkinson's sure offensive rebound at the end of the game, only to be mugged from behind, "how did they miss that"?

Let's face it, Pac-12 officials have proven to be no better than their SEC counterparts, biased homers. You just can't expect them to call a game down the middle, in or out of conference. The golf culture of rules integrity is need in the rest of American sport, college officiating particularly.

SoCal, please forgive my perspective.

But I don't think you went far enough. The degree to which the PAC refs are biased homers is directly proportional to the national prominence of the team that is the home team. If Arizona is at home, they get full benefit. A half dozen others get favoritism. The bottom third or so of the league in any given year get no help from the officials when playing at home.

The best you can hope for from PAC officiating is to follow the medical dictum: Do no harm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT