ADVERTISEMENT

I’m loving

What's happening on UW Twitter? You mean poaching Pete Kwiatkowski to Texas?
A. Texas is a way better job than UW. B. He already sees the writing on the wall with Jimmy Gym Bags. He stays at UW he’ll be a defensive coordinator in the KingCo conference in a few years.

Reactions: 79COUG
A. Texas is a way better job than UW. B. He already sees the writing on the wall with Jimmy Gym Bags. He stays at UW he’ll be a defensive coordinator in the KingCo conference in a few years.

Yeah. It was a matter of time before Kwiatkowski was the scapegoat for Jim Bob's failures.

UW will never be satisfied with the results they see on the field. It's been that way forever. No one will ever live up to the "dawg father."

IMO, Chris Petersen "quit" because of the pressure he would continually get from either boosters or the AD. He went 4-5 in the Pac-12 his final year (2019) and was under pressure to make some changes.

Their AD, Jen Cohen, has been with the program for years. Tied specifically to donor and fund raising.

Jen ran Romar out and brought in Mike Hopkins. I'm assuming he's done with UW after this season.

If, and when, they decline on the field, she'll be "faulted" for not taking care of Petersen.

Just the way they work...

Without seeing who they replace him with (with almost nobody who realistically would take the job being better), this is about as good of a development regarding UW football as you could hope for as a WSU fan.

The two things I can envision not being amazing are UW landing another outstanding DC somehow or, on the other end of the spectrum, landing Tosh as DC. Saban took away his playcalling at Bama for all the reasons you could imagine, but I could see UW going all-out to get him to come to UW as the DC, which is the only way he might go there.

He can't hold a candle to Pete K. in terms of Xs and Os, but he would have the coffee cups full. Might get them on probation, though.

Without seeing who they replace him with (with almost nobody who realistically would take the job being better), this is about as good of a development regarding UW football as you could hope for as a WSU fan.

The two things I can envision not being amazing are UW landing another outstanding DC somehow or, on the other end of the spectrum, landing Tosh as DC. Saban took away his playcalling at Bama for all the reasons you could imagine, but I could see UW going all-out to get him to come to UW as the DC, which is the only way he might go there.

He can't hold a candle to Pete K. in terms of Xs and Os, but he would have the coffee cups full. Might get them on probation, though.
Yeah whatever you commit to Tosh add 30% for gym bags and fruit baskets. Risky business. That guy can’t coach and would love to see them get popped again.

I think the Kingco job would be a promotion with pay. Ask Butch.

UW will never be satisfied with the results they see on the field. It's been that way forever. No one will ever live up to the "dawg father."

IMO, Chris Petersen "quit" because of the pressure he would continually get from either boosters or the AD. He went 4-5 in the Pac-12 his final year (2019) and was under pressure to make some changes.

Their AD, Jen Cohen, has been with the program for years. Tied specifically to donor and fund raising.

Jen ran Romar out and brought in Mike Hopkins. I'm assuming he's done with UW after this season.

If, and when, they decline on the field, she'll be "faulted" for not taking care of Petersen.

Just the way they work...
CP leaving was definitely a head scratcher. No doubt it was self-preservation of one sort or another, but there is no reason to think he couldn't have had long term sustained success up there, posting frequent 10+ win seasons.

Would have been interesting to see what could have been accomplished if CP had the courage just to stay at Boise State. He was king there and year-in/year-out probably a better chance at playing in a top 6 bowl than any PAC 12 team. It reminds me of Mark Few having the courage to stay at Gonzaga. So many coaches before him jumped for P5 jobs because they really didn't understand what could happen there. Now it is the best job in college basketball, and all of those guys that jumped are barely remembered at this point. Plus the programs they left to coach would absolutely be destroyed by Gonzaga.
(PS- not a Gonzaga fan by any stretch, but you have to face facts)

Reactions: ATACFD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT