ADVERTISEMENT

I assume Mike Sherels is not new lb coach

ShockandAweWSU

Head Coach
Feb 20, 2018
If it was him Id think it would be done by now. Pretty quiet search. I imagine it will be done by next week.

Good Call!! Wsufb following him on twitter and he is following them on twitter. Plus Travion Brown and Favae Favae are now following him. Looks like he is the guy. Was the DC/lb coach at FAU before Kiffin got there. Coached at Eastern Illiniois, Villanova and Buffalo as well. Hopefully he can recruit.

Good Call!! Wsufb following him on twitter and he is following them on twitter. Plus Travion Brown and Favae Favae are now following him. Looks like he is the guy. Was the DC/lb coach at FAU before Kiffin got there. Coached at Eastern Illiniois, Villanova andBuffalo as well. Hopefully he can recruit.

roJhB2m6_400x400.jpg

Pitch ought to be: "Hey, do you want to follow the coach who recruited you to WSU cougars, to play for 2 of the best coaches, in Leach, Claeys, to play for 11-2 last season WSU, that will probably win 9,10,11,12, go to Rosebowl, NY6, Playoff, etc, with you, in the Pac 12, and then get drafted into the NFL?

Or do you want to play for no name FAU, likely not play for a great coach, not play in power 5 conference, not play for a FBS Power 5 Rosebowl, NY6, Pac 12 championship, playoff candidate, not go to NFL?

Or would you rather play for other Pac 12, Sec, teams who not as good as WSU, who will only finish with 6 to 9 wins?

Just no logical reason for him to play at FAU, an or not to play for WSU.

And NO logical reason for WSU coaches, to NOT go ALL OUT to Try to poach the kid from FAU, and LOTS of LOGICAL reasons for WSU coaches to go ALL OUT, Try to poach the kid from FAU.

If WSU was in FAU's shoes, somebody would probably successfully poach the kid away from WSU.

Time to turn the tables, and do that to FAU

That's the way for WSU to become the next Gonzaga, Arizona.

Gonzaga, Arizona before the Mark Few, Lute Olsen Era's were BAD at Basketball. But because they did what they needed to do, they became BIG BOYS, built College Basketball Dynasties.

And WSU can do the same, IF they do things like poach away from FAU, or poach from Missouri, that is bowl banned.

So far that is not happening. And it should easily happen, and needs to happen, hopefully.

Doing that is part of being a BIG BOY football program.

Pitch ought to be: "Hey, do you want to follow the coach who recruited you to WSU cougars, to play for 2 of the best coaches, in Leach, Claeys, to play for 11-2 last season WSU, that will probably win 9,10,11,12, go to Rosebowl, NY6, Playoff, etc, with you, in the Pac 12, and then get drafted into the NFL?

Or do you want to play for no name FAU, likely not play for a great coach, not play in power 5 conference, not play for a FBS Power 5 Rosebowl, NY6, Pac 12 championship, playoff candidate, not go to NFL?

Or would you rather play for other Pac 12, Sec, teams who not as good as WSU, who will only finish with 6 to 9 wins?

And NO logical reason for WSU coaches, to NOT go ALL OUT to Try to poach the kid from FAU, and LOTS of LOGICAL reasons for WSU coaches to go ALL OUT, Try to poach the kid from FAU.

If WSU was in FAU's shoes, somebody would probably successfully poach the kid away from WSU.

Gonzaga, Arizona before the Mark Few, Lute Olsen Era's were BAD at Basketball. But because they did what they needed to do, they became BIG BOYS, built College Basketball Dynasties.

And WSU can do the same, IF they do things like poach away from FAU, or poach from Missouri, that is bowl banned.

So far that is not happening. And it should easily happen, and needs to happen, hopefully.

Well, he is playing for the great Lane Kiffin at FAU! :)
By the way, the kid is already going to be a redshirt senior. He recorded just one tackle this past season as a junior for FAU.

Glad Cougar

Well, he is playing for the great Lane Kiffin at FAU! :)
By the way, the kid is already going to be a redshirt senior. He recorded just one tackle this past season as a junior for FAU.

Glad Cougar

I can see how he washed out at USC.

Lots of kids in Florida are home bodys. They arent leaving the state because of family.

Interesting choice. I'm sure the Rock has plenty of Midwest/Northeast recruiting ties.

I'm curious if we will be able to make inroads down in Cali.

Interesting choice. I'm sure the Rock has plenty of Midwest/Northeast recruiting ties.

Looks like he hasn't coached west of Iowa in his relatively long career. I'd rather the hire be someone with strong CA connections, but I'll trust CML to make a good selection.

Glad Cougar

He had better if he wants that Uncle Phil offer in a few years ...

Kidding, kidding. In all seriousness, hopefully a guy like this would have some loyalty in a few years for having received the Power 5 opportunity under Leach, should he pan out.

Shaver and McBath need to get to work.

Are they the two that are down in Socal? Price was able to do fairly well down there, they really struggled under Doba, Wulff not sure even went to socal, and now Leach and he has been hit and miss.

Looks like he hasn't coached west of Iowa in his relatively long career. I'd rather the hire be someone with strong CA connections, but I'll trust CML to make a good selection.

Glad Cougar

Not to split hairs, but I wonder how much Leach actually "made this selection"?

I've read in numerous places, that Leach gives his DC "autonomy" in all aspects of the "D". I would assume that to include the assistants on the defensive side of the ball?

Of course Leach, as head coach, would have to approve the final hire and all that.

But I honestly wonder if this is a Claeys hire more than it is a Leach hire?

Regardless, I want him to be a great teacher and tactician, as well as a lights out recruiter. Too much to ask??

I'm wondering if Chun told Leach you should this guy out. As far as I know Chun's time at Fau is the only time paths crossed with him from WSU staff. Leach was impressed after talking to him. I trust Leach completely but I'm kind of underwhelmed with this choice from a recruiting standpoint.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT