ADVERTISEMENT

I come in peace

Good God, this is just plain cruel...

Making Excuses? I am stating facts.

Washington scoring defense. 13 points per game
Michigan State scoring defense 20 points per game.

That's right sponge you big dumbass we played in the past two games the #5 and #20 scoring defense in the country.

But to illustrate your stupidity even further. Let's go to the Mike Price era and see how we did against comparable scoring defenses.

2003 - We lost to USC who was in the top 20 in scoring defense with 18.4 ppg. guess how many we scored? 17 points.

2002 - We lost to Ohio State (13 ppg defense) and guess what... we scored 7 points. Oklahoma #5 in scoring defense we lost to them... only scored 14 points. We lost 34-14.

I know this may be a hard concept for you to process with your poor genetics brain sponge, but Good scoring defenses are hard to score against. Because they are good scoring defenses.

So, what your saying is Cougs should have lost no games this year......

When did we become a myopic Fan Base?
Watch Coach Leach's press conference after the Cal game and
So, what your saying is Cougs should have lost no games this year......

When did we become a myopic Fan Base?
Watch the CL's press conference after those 2 games. We defiantly did lose to uw. Make no mistake about that. If Coach Leach says we shouldn't of lost a certain game...does that make us myopic for believing hi.?

Watch Coach Leach's press conference after the Cal game and

Watch the CL's press conference after those 2 games. We defiantly did lose to uw. Make no mistake about that. If Coach Leach says we shouldn't of lost a certain game...does that make us myopic for believing hi.?

Leach is like a lot of headstrong personalities: he'll never admit fault. And while I do believe the Air Raid is a good fit for WSU, he needs to tweak it and continue recruiting better athletes. We've been in contention for the Pac-12 north three years running, and I think we'll make a go for it again in 2019, but his stubborness is a flaw. Our more athletic QBs will simply have to ignore him as much as possible.

Leach is like a lot of headstrong personalities: he'll never admit fault. And while I do believe the Air Raid is a good fit for WSU, he needs to tweak it and continue recruiting better athletes. We've been in contention for the Pac-12 north three years running, and I think we'll make a go for it again in 2019, but his stubborness is a flaw. Our more athletic QBs will simply have to ignore him as much as possible.

I think he just doesn't want them hurt. He knows when you run with a QB you run that risk of them going down.

I think we will be just fine as we continue to upgrade the players over time.

I think this incoming class is one of the best we have coming in, and we are gaining a reputation as a program that can win. You just have to keep grinding it out. Our offensive line depth is getting better, our RB stable is getting better, our WRs are transitioning (I honestly think the turnover we have had for WR coaches finally caught up to us this year we have had a new WR coach almost every single year, that hurts WR recruiting)

You make too many excuses. Woeful is accurate for the past two games. 6 points total for the first two halves is woeful. Spin it however you want but that is woeful.

If only a season were two games, you would be right. But, the season is 13 games. Cherry picking two halves is not a real argument.

Reactions: Cougatron
"Woeful" offensive performance....

2012 - 20.4 ppg
2013 - 31 ppg
2014 - 31.8 ppg
2015 - 31.5 ppg
2016 - 38.6 ppg
2017 - 30.3 ppg

every single year since 2013 we have been over 30 points per game.

What's the difference between 2017/2016? No Gabe Marks, No Cracraft

I liked Sweet, IJM, Tavares Martin, but they are no Gabe Marks / Cracraft. They had their moments, but I don't think they were as good/developed as the others.

Falk also got too passive this year. But still 30 points per game.

And if you are judging an offense without their starting QB, and two starting receivers you are an idiot, which you have consistently proven over and over and over and over again that you are an idiot.

But just to show you again how stupid you are. Here's Mike Price during his best years. 2001-2003

2001 - 35.2 ppg
2002 - 33.2 ppg
2003 - 30.3 ppg

That's the reality you dummy. During the best run we had from 2001-2003 the offense averaged 32 ppg during those 3 years.

During Leach's tenure guess what our average ppg is? 30.6 ppg. A difference of a field goal. A field goal difference in offense from the best run in our history. But if you take out the 1st year where he was handed Paul Wulff shitshow recruits... The PPG is 32. EXACTLY what the 2001-2003 ppg average is. EXACTLY.

Let that sink in. Excluding Leach's 1st year with Wulff shitshow players Leach has put up scoring that is exactly in line with Mike Price era from 2001-2003

Soooo "Woeful"...... the reality is that we are actually a good offensive team, but dumb people like you who don't understand all the moving parts of an offense can't process any of it.

2003 Doba was the head coach. This is the highest sustained offensive success that the program has ever had under a coach. Only someone who wants to complain and tear down Leach would argue otherwise.

I think he just doesn't want them hurt. He knows when you run with a QB you run that risk of them going down.

I think we will be just fine as we continue to upgrade the players over time.

I think this incoming class is one of the best we have coming in, and we are gaining a reputation as a program that can win. You just have to keep grinding it out. Our offensive line depth is getting better, our RB stable is getting better, our WRs are transitioning (I honestly think the turnover we have had for WR coaches finally caught up to us this year we have had a new WR coach almost every single year, that hurts WR recruiting)
Now this I agree with, particularly the issues with the WR staff. And I don't know if that's turnover, lack of experience (remember of the top 6 we played this year 4 of them were true frosh or 2nd year players), or if what we have now just isn't what we had before.

Haze, thanks for visiting. You are most welcome to return. Congrats to MSU on the win. Regardless of what help your team may have had from our team, your team did what it was supposed to do and earned the win.

Like most boards, we get our share of visitors without a real life (even a few "members" fit that description) that relish the opportunity to rehash old grievances, insult each other, etc. The rest of us pretty much just have to learn to live with it. The comment that we don't have RB's who could carry the ball 20 times per game is typical of the meatheads, but I'm sure you see that on the MSU boards from time to time, as well.

As to your question regarding Leach; my anecdotal evidence suggests that something like 80-85% of those who are aware that football exists and know anything about the sport and the Coug history in the sport are not just happy, but also relieved, that we have Leach. 5-10% would not be happy if the Archangel Gabriel was the head coach, and the remainder had personal relationships of some sort with previous HC's or their staff. The comments in this string regarding TT fans wishing they still could complain about Leach and the 8-9 win seasons is right on target. I know several of those guys, and every one would take Mike Leach back in a heartbeat.

It should also be noted that prior to Bill Moos we had not had a reasonably competent AD since the late '70's. The best of those guys during that time period could be charitably considered to be adequate. That should explain a lot in terms of our football issues over that time.

Finally, though I don't often fully agree with Cougtron, his first post is pretty accurate.

Please visit again and good luck next year. MSU and WSU (from an academic and campus standpoint) are far more similar than they are different, and you guys deserve respect for more than just your football team.

Reactions: mister noon
talk about Leach being too stubborn, how about the well known poster who is still trying to prove his assertion that "Leach isn't going to get it done"? Now THAT'S stubborn.
30% of the fan base thinks Paul Wulff got a raw deal and/or would be happy to have him come back

Making Excuses? I am stating facts.

Washington scoring defense. 13 points per game
Michigan State scoring defense 20 points per game.

That's right sponge you big dumbass we played in the past two games the #5 and #20 scoring defense in the country.

But to illustrate your stupidity even further. Let's go to the Mike Price era and see how we did against comparable scoring defenses.

2003 - We lost to USC who was in the top 20 in scoring defense with 18.4 ppg. guess how many we scored? 17 points.

2002 - We lost to Ohio State (13 ppg defense) and guess what... we scored 7 points. Oklahoma #5 in scoring defense we lost to them... only scored 14 points. We lost 34-14.

I know this may be a hard concept for you to process with your poor genetics brain sponge, but Good scoring defenses are hard to score against. Because they are good scoring defenses.

Well then..I guess if we end up scheduling a good defense, we might as well pack and go home.

In 92 the Huskies were coming off a co national championship and was #1 most of the season and we best them 42-23.

Spin it however you want, but passing he ball every damn down isn't going to get it done against a good defense...or een a mediocre one like UA when we passed the ball 70 times in little more than half a game.

Put the kneepads away Tron.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT