ADVERTISEMENT

I see it from Leach's viewpoint.....I think

Dec 2, 2019
New poster here. Like this board.

I have followed Leach since he first went to Texas Tech. My daughter went there. The only reason I follow WSU is because he is here.

He has always believed in running the same limited plays out of multiple formations. He reps the hell out of them so his players can play fast. So to expect him to put in a new offense for one opponent is a bit much and would hurt the thing that has made him successful in my view.

While at OU, Mark Mangino, who worked with Leach under Bob Stoops, would want to put a new play into the offense but Leach would resist unless a play could be taken out. Leach believes in what he is doing and it has served him well.

Leach has always had to battle with average recruits. Therefore he must get every ounce of effort out of them. Therefore he will say what he thinks will motivate them to exceed their ability. But he will say plenty of positive things too when players give their all.

Lastly, I am not bothered by Leach's comments to the reporter. Nick Saban is rough on them too. I really think the AD and president should back Leach up. The Texas Tech administration failed to do it and they have never been very good since he left.

Anyway, I enjoy all your comments.

New poster here. Like this board.

I have followed Leach since he first went to Texas Tech. My daughter went there. The only reason I follow WSU is because he is here.

He has always believed in running the same limited plays out of multiple formations. He reps the hell out of them so his players can play fast. So to expect him to put in a new offense for one opponent is a bit much and would hurt the thing that has made him successful in my view.

While at OU, Mark Mangino, who worked with Leach under Bob Stoops, would want to put a new play into the offense but Leach would resist unless a play could be taken out. Leach believes in what he is doing and it has served him well.

Leach has always had to battle with average recruits. Therefore he must get every ounce of effort out of them. Therefore he will say what he thinks will motivate them to exceed their ability. But he will say plenty of positive things too when players give their all.

Lastly, I am not bothered by Leach's comments to the reporter. Nick Saban is rough on them too. I really think the AD and president should back Leach up. The Texas Tech administration failed to do it and they have never been very good since he left.

Anyway, I enjoy all your comments.
I agree with everything. One point of contention regarding “changing his whole offense for one opponent”. Not sure most of us who have an issue with the UW game plan thinks he’s should change his whole offense. I don’t think he should change any of it. What I do think he needs to be prepared to do in those games is call 5, 6, 7 straight running plays if he has to (or his QB). When a team lines up and dares you to run it you need to make them pay for it, especially when you’ve got a guy like Borghi who can. It’s the only thing that will make the 2nd level guys get off their heels dropping into coverage so quick and open up passing lanes.

Leach (his QBs) won’t do it. Lake and Peterson know it...therefor asskicking every year.

"He has always believed in running the same limited plays out of multiple formations"

there's only so much room on that cocktail napkin

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT