ADVERTISEMENT

I think for the first time ever

Fab5Coug

Hall Of Fame
Nov 10, 2007
I think for the first time I can remember, I just chose not to watch. I’ve missed games before but this was the first time I just chose not to watch. Wasn’t busy. Didn’t honestly do much of anything. I just didn’t want to watch them.

This season has taken it out of me. The transfers, the realignment, the team. I’m just kind of out at this point. It just doesn’t feel fun anymore.

I think for the first time I can remember, I just chose not to watch. I’ve missed games before but this was the first time I just chose not to watch. Wasn’t busy. Didn’t honestly do much of anything. I just didn’t want to watch them.

This season has taken it out of me. The transfers, the realignment, the team. I’m just kind of out at this point. It just doesn’t feel fun anymore.
Hey fellow Coug, I feel your pain. You just need to drink more. It helps.

Reactions: Fab5Coug and ATACFD

I watched but definitely can relate.

I watched but definitely can relate.
Yeah I watched but with very little level of care. Usually I’m good for yelling at my TV a half dozen or so times a game. I barely raised my voice yesterday and only a couple of times. The maddening play of this team and a couple of specific players along with the continued unlubed rogering we take from the refs game after game has ruined this for me. I probably won’t bother with Colorado and UW…ha, no way.

Reactions: LeachPack

I went to the Utah-UW game. Actually had fun for first time since OSU. Watched some good football. And knowing the games were at the same time was a bonus. Havent watched the Last two either. Predictably bad.

It still disgusts me that anyone could only be a Coug if the Cougs are good.

No joke... be gone and start wearing Gonzaga gear
Except he didn’t say anything about winning.

Guessing Fab5 has 30 to 50 years in on this. At a certain point, one determines the ROI on emotional energy and time is better spent elsewhere. There’s only so many minutes in one’s life and their value becomes greater the fewer remaining.

I think everyone is still a coug fan. Just no reason to watch us shit the bed when you know it’s for-sure coming. I check the scores, and watch replays. Watching Cam Ward and our Oline makes me unnecessarily angry. Just trying not to harm my health as well.

Guessing Fab5 has 30 to 50 years in on this. At a certain point, one determines the ROI on emotional energy and time is better spent elsewhere. There’s only so many minutes in one’s life and their value becomes greater the fewer remaining.
I don’t know. Wouldn’t it be more enjoyable to be able to fire a coach and give him a record buyout like TAM. We could then give the next coach a record contract to try and fail as bad as the last one. Failure being not going undefeated every year.

I don’t know. Wouldn’t it be more enjoyable to be able to fire a coach and give him a record buyout like TAM. We could then give the next coach a record contract to try and fail as bad as the last one. Failure being not going undefeated every year.
If only WSU had an 80,000 seat stadium....

100% can relate. First time in 8 years, I did not cut an episode, after 8 seasons.

Call me bandwagon, but when part of the team smokes weed, it's over.

100% can relate. First time in 8 years, I did not cut an episode, after 8 seasons.

Call me bandwagon, but when part of the team smokes weed, it's over.
MI….the “team” smokes weed or Jenkins smokes it?

Second, you would be shocked from all the teams you have watched and enjoyed had players who not only smoked it but supplied it .

How do you think Dennis’ 88 team had a 1.88 gpa?

Reactions: Cougini5591

26 years good sir. And you’re right. This is an entertainment business. Not finding this team, and college football in general very entertaining anymore. To those that still do, tip of the cap.

Second, you would be shocked from all the teams you have watched and enjoyed had players who not only smoked it but supplied it .

I can promise you there’s plenty of 10-0 Huskies hitting the pipe. Smoking weed is the least of our problems. I’d like to see the OLine hit some lines of coke or meth or something before kickoff…I’m not an expert but whatever makes them want to hit someone.

Reactions: 425cougfan

Probably had a bunch of fraternity brothers taking tests for them to get such a great GPA.....

I can promise you there’s plenty of 10-0 Huskies hitting the pipe. Smoking weed is the least of our problems. I’d like to see the OLine hit some lines of coke or meth or something before kickoff…I’m not an expert but whatever makes them want to hit someone.

They better sprinkle that shit on their cereal!

I think everyone is still a coug fan. Just no reason to watch us shit the bed when you know it’s for-sure coming. I check the scores, and watch replays. Watching Cam Ward and our Oline makes me unnecessarily angry. Just trying not to harm my health as well.
Then you have no clue.

"I only watch the Cougs and support the Cougs when they are winning".

Sure sounds like Gonzaga to me

. I’d like to see the OLine hit some lines of coke or meth or something before kickoff…I’m not an expert but whatever makes them want to hit someone.
How about Henbane? Supposedly it’s what the Viking Berserkers took before battle to make them super aggressive. That might do the trick 😀

I was at the minimart today (buying guess what) and this mom, no, far from hot, and her 2 sons were there getting ready to bike and skateboard. One said he liked my Coug jacket, so I disrobed to show him my Coug hoodie and then my Coug sweatshirt. He was impressed. So we are Cougs. Get a grip on it.

It's not about the team being good or not. It's about the ability to muster the emotional investment after, in my case, 35 years of Coug games when it feels like many of the players have given up or are overmatched and the administration has us adrift in powerful currents that have been poorly navigated. And, in my case, I work most game days and the games are frequently on at weird hours that conflict with my ability to sleep. When the school fields a team that can get me excited enough to rearrange my life so I can watch a game live, I'll do it happily, but when the situation is this much of a downer, I'd rather get a decent night's sleep and not be a grumbling asshole around colleagues and family. I'll never switch allegiances, but my days of freezing my ass off soaking wet in late November in Martin so the team can lose by 5 touchdowns, or setting a 3 am alarm to watch the offense struggle to get a first down and THEN try to go about the rest of my day are over. Being a committed Coug fan, especially one that regularly travels for the home games, is a lot of work. My enthusiasm for the sport has waned lately as it is.

I'm as Coug as anybody, but I'm tired. Being tired doesn't mean I'm eager to jump to a new team, least of all Gonzaga. It's been fun, but the football world has gradually changed in ways that have sapped my enthusiasm for it. Enjoy your fan superiority with your antacids bro, I hope they take the edge off.

FWIW, I'm critical of people that start rooting for other teams when the Cougs are not good....but I don't have a problem with someone not investing emotional energy into something that makes them unhappy.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
Chicken or egg: If WSU had an 80,000-seat stadium, would the Cougs be headed to the Big XII next fall?
lol. No! Can we stop this? Why isn’t UNLV on everyone’s wish list? Rice? Georgia State? UMass? Nobody gives a flying F how big your stadium is if you can only get 25,000 paid admission. Spend a fraction of that money generating some interest in the program first. Despite what Kevin Costner says, if you build it they won’t come.

I’m a paying customer and I’d love another 30K people to party with…guess what, they ain’t coming just because the stadium has that many seats.

I know Biggs is a dipshit on this topic, I expect more from the rest of you.

lol. No! Can we stop this? Why isn’t UNLV on everyone’s wish list? Rice? Georgia State? UMass? Nobody gives a flying F how big your stadium is if you can only get 25,000 paid admission. Spend a fraction of that money generating some interest in the program first. Despite what Kevin Costner says, if you build it they won’t come.

I’m a paying customer and I’d love another 30K people to party with…guess what, they ain’t coming just because the stadium has that many seats.

Biggs must have an empty seat fetish.

I hear you. I'm as bad as anyone. I live 200 miles from Pullburg and haven't been to a game since Gameday. Lifetime memory BTW.

Just don't feel it anymore. Recent PAC events have made it worse. The fullest I ever saw Martin Stadium was 1989 against USC and Marijunavich. 38,365 if I can still remember. Not an empty seat. And they stayed all game until that bitter ending. You could hear a pin drop.

But I will still wear my huge wardrobe of Coug shit and talk shit to every mutt I see forever. Go Cougs.

Reactions: LeachPack
I hear you. I'm as bad as anyone. I live 200 miles from Pullburg and haven't been to a game since Gameday. Lifetime memory BTW.

Just don't feel it anymore. Recent PAC events have made it worse. The fullest I ever saw Martin Stadium was 1989 against USC and Marijunavich. 38,365 if I can still remember. Not an empty seat. And they stayed all game until that bitter ending. You could hear a pin drop.
That was a brutal game! Who was the DB/LB that dropped the interception that was thrown right to him? Make that easy play and the Cougs win the game. Drop it and you are the goat (not GOAT) is a horrible loss.

That was a brutal game! Who was the DB/LB that dropped the interception that was thrown right to him? Make that easy play and the Cougs win the game. Drop it and you are the goat (not GOAT) is a horrible loss.
Can't remember. Right through his hands. My dog could have caught that.

I hear you. I'm as bad as anyone. I live 200 miles from Pullburg and haven't been to a game since Gameday. Lifetime memory BTW. Just don't feel it anymore. Recent PAC events have made it worse.

But I will still wear my huge wardrobe of Coug shit and talk shit to every mutt I see forever. Go Cougs.

They call you Loyal for a reason

FWIW, I'm critical of people that start rooting for other teams when the Cougs are not good....but I don't have a problem with someone not investing emotional energy into something that makes them unhappy.
Exactly. I'm not trading in my gear for Oregon stuff or anything. I just don't really watch much college football at all anymore. The product just isn't as appealing to me anymore.

Man I can relate to a lot of the feelings expressed here. For some reason, though just like a moth drawn to a flame, I keep going or watching these games. But I am getting less and less enthused about the state of college football and the Cougars place in it.
I’ve been a Cougar fan for over five decades. I’ve been through some pretty hopeless seasons, but there was always still some thing special and “Coug “ about the teams. But nowadays how “Coug “are the players who I barely know their names before they transfer? But we are somehow supposed to stay loyal? Loyal to what? There are still some people like Jackson and Stone, who are clearly invested in being cougs and that’s cool to see. But in most of college football it’s a wild West and most people just aren’t connected heart and soul to their university anymore. It’s just a stopping place.
When we lose a game now, it just feels like our less well paid Mercenaries lost to a team with better paid mercenaries. I just don’t feel the same spirit.
I actually enjoy watching big sky games now more than a lot of the major college games.

Exactly. I'm not trading in my gear for Oregon stuff or anything. I just don't really watch much college football at all anymore. The product just isn't as appealing to me anymore.
I watch mostly for the inevitable missed fg's that would tie or win the game. No shit, they never cease to amuse me.

• Haha
Reactions: dgibbons
We choose what we make a part of our lives. Once a choice is made, it is difficult to "unchoose". I unchose the Dodgers for a variety of reasons after the O'Malleys. I unchose the Raiders when the Seahawks were formed; that was easier. It is hard for me to foresee circumstances under which I'd unchoose the Cougs, or even just one program within the Coug group of programs.

That said, my Cougness has outlasted many complete A**holes in the administration and head coach ranks. And I expect that to continue as required. Fortunately, at this moment I don't have serious heartburn with either the admin or coaching sides of the house. I do have serious heartburn with where college athletics has wandered, with minimal adult supervision and driven only by obvious greed. And while that may eventually kill my athletic support, it will not kill my identification with WSU.

Man I can relate to a lot of the feelings expressed here. For some reason, though just like a moth drawn to a flame, I keep going or watching these games. But I am getting less and less enthused about the state of college football and the Cougars place in it.
I’ve been a Cougar fan for over five decades. I’ve been through some pretty hopeless seasons, but there was always still some thing special and “Coug “ about the teams. But nowadays how “Coug “are the players who I barely know their names before they transfer? But we are somehow supposed to stay loyal? Loyal to what? There are still some people like Jackson and Stone, who are clearly invested in being cougs and that’s cool to see. But in most of college football it’s a wild West and most people just aren’t connected heart and soul to their university anymore. It’s just a stopping place.
When we lose a game now, it just feels like our less well paid Mercenaries lost to a team with better paid mercenaries. I just don’t feel the same spirit.
I actually enjoy watching big sky games now more than a lot of the major college games.
I remember guys like Chad Eaton, Sasa, Gesser, etc. that bled Crimson and Gray—Eaton even had a giant Coug tattoo prominently featured on his arm. I get the sense that none of these kids are truly playing for WSU, and the only tattoos they would get is “this space for rent.” They’re only here until a higher bid comes in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT