ADVERTISEMENT

Idaho Student Murders Show

Stretch 74

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
For anyone interested in it, I see that KHQ is having a show called "The Idaho Murders One Year Later" tonight at 8:30. That whole thing has been very quiet for a while, may be interesting to see what they bring forward.

Student-Led Vigil Planned for Anniversary of Student Deaths​

November 02, 2023​

MOSCOW, Idaho — The students of the University of Idaho, led by representatives of three Greek chapters, will host a vigil at 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 13, on the Administration Lawn on the Moscow campus, in memory of the four students killed a year ago in a quadruple homicide.
The Vandal Family across the state and beyond is encouraged to turn on their porch lights from 6-7 p.m. Pacific time in solidarity.

https://www.uidaho.edu/news/news-articles/news-releases/2023/110223-candlelightvigil

Student-Led Vigil Planned for Anniversary of Student Deaths​

November 02, 2023​

MOSCOW, Idaho — The students of the University of Idaho, led by representatives of three Greek chapters, will host a vigil at 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 13, on the Administration Lawn on the Moscow campus, in memory of the four students killed a year ago in a quadruple homicide.
The Vandal Family across the state and beyond is encouraged to turn on their porch lights from 6-7 p.m. Pacific time in solidarity.

https://www.uidaho.edu/news/news-articles/news-releases/2023/110223-candlelightvigil
Very sad and horrible, Still have a hard time wrapping my arms around it.

Glad you didn't abandon us Julie. :)

Now that he has waived his right to a speedy trial, there has been quite a bit of activity - it just doesn't make headlines. The defense is busy filing numerous motions (to drag the trial out).

The FBI was in town at Halloween to “get documentation to construct visual and audio exhibits and a physical model of the home.” They hadn't done this previously as there wouldn't have been enough time to construct this stuff before the trial started, however since it's clear this is going to drag out as long as possible (my words, not the University) this doesn't seem to be a problem.

Now that he has waived his right to a speedy trial, there has been quite a bit of activity - it just doesn't make headlines. The defense is busy filing numerous motions (to drag the trial out).

The FBI was in town at Halloween to “get documentation to construct visual and audio exhibits and a physical model of the home.” They hadn't done this previously as there wouldn't have been enough time to construct this stuff before the trial started, however since it's clear this is going to drag out as long as possible (my words, not the University) this doesn't seem to be a problem.
Geezus Christ. The wheels of justice. I mean C'mon.

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
Geezus Christ. The wheels of justice. I mean C'mon.
How it works. The bi-product of limiting innocent people from getting the firing squad.

Think there’s a good reason they are delaying the shit out of this though. They’ve got multiple smoking guns and he’s toast. Wonder if the families would push for a plea if he talked, provided backstory, motive, whatever. That trial is going to be devastating to sit through.

funny thing about our rights under the constitution....one is considered innocent until proven guilty....this trial will not be a slam dunk....there was absolutely no dna found in his apartment or car apparently....then there is the timeline and the fact that some people say that there were many people milling about before the cops were called.......btw, prosecution can go as fast as they want, its just that THEY are not under the gun to speed things up if they are not ready......

How it works. The bi-product of limiting innocent people from getting the firing squad.

Think there’s a good reason they are delaying the shit out of this though. They’ve got multiple smoking guns and he’s toast. Wonder if the families would push for a plea if he talked, provided backstory, motive, whatever. That trial is going to be devastating to sit through.

On the idea that the idea that this case is going to be devastating to sit through, one of my wife's co-workers was on the jury for a murder trial and she retired and dropped off the face of the earth after being on that jury. Just too much for her to handle. I feel sorry for anyone who is sensitive who sits on the Idaho Murder jury because there are going to be some haunting photos and descriptions of events.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT