ADVERTISEMENT

If pippens could play

Coug90

Hall Of Fame
Jan 17, 2012
half as good as he celebrates or runs his mouth he'd be a good Pac 12 corner. What a Jacka$$. Calitrojan did you teach him that?

Reactions: Flatlandcoug
half as good as he celebrates or runs his mouth he'd be a good Pac 12 corner. What a Jacka$$. Calitrojan did you teach him that?
I'll bite. Now you're light weight bashing the kid. I see your angle here and it's expected because all you see is go Cougs go. I get it. That said, since you opened this can of worms I want you to go back as far as you can and tell me when Cellus began taunting opposing players. Go look at the film when he made that same Q-hitch play for a loss dozens of times without taunting the opposing player. He didn't have that trait while playing Pop Warner. He didn't have it in High School. He's made that same play with his "cat quick" like feet for the past three years that no other CB on Wazzu's team can make for a loss. The kids character has been hi-jacked for the past two years but he's trying his best to be himself while being screwed by his coach. Coaches like this is the sole reason I became a coach. Take it how you want it but that's a fact.

I'll bite. Now you're light weight bashing the kid. I see your angle here and it's expected because all you see is go Cougs go. I get it. That said, since you opened this can of worms I want you to go back as far as you can and tell me when Cellus began taunting opposing players. Go look at the film when he made that same Q-hitch play for a loss dozens of times without taunting the opposing player. He didn't have that trait while playing Pop Warner. He didn't have it in High School. He's made that same play with his "cat quick" like feet for the past three years that no other CB on Wazzu's team can make for a loss. The kids character has been hi-jacked for the past two years but he's trying his best to be himself while being screwed by his coach. Coaches like this is the sole reason I became a coach. Take it how you want it but that's a fact.

Seriously....go back to the SC board. We don't care about you.

Dude...he puts on a big production every time his receiver drops a ball, we've all seen it! I get that you have history with him but come on! I don't mind a guy acting like Deion Sanders if....you know....he's Deion Sanders! But he's a middle of the road PAC 12 corner showboating and getting in people's faces...that's a good ol fashioned Chris Carter C'Mon Maaaannnnn!!!

Seriously....go back to the SC board. We don't care about you.
We already played. Now do this blabber mouth. Go back as far as you can and tell me when Cellus began taunting opposing players. I guarantee you it recently started. The kid has had enough of being pulled every other series in his senior year. Seriously, don't open your mouth until you do this.

We already played. Now do this blabber mouth. Go back as far as you can and tell me when Cellus began taunting opposing players. I guarantee you it recently started. Seriously, don't open your mouth until you do this.

Pippins has been outspoken and too loud for his own good from the first time he stepped on the field. Again, I appreciate his effort, but he is a young man who needs to learn when to act like he's been there. He cost us the Holiday Bowl and he gets credit for 3 Oregon Points tonight. Last week, he was jumping around in the endzone like a fool after a USC player dropped a TD like he defended it, even though he had been beaten by 2 steps.

He's like a taller version of Jason David but only 1/2 the talent.

Dude...he puts on a big production every time his receiver drops a ball, we've all seen it! I get that you have history with him but come on! I don't mind a guy acting like Deion Sanders if....you know....he's Deion Sanders! But he's a middle of the road PAC 12 corner showboating and getting in people's faces...that's a good ol fashioned Chris Carter C'Mon Maaaannnnn!!!
The young man is playing frustrated. It's not you that's being jerk around your senior year so you don't give a care. That's expected which is clearly understandable but as long as you know why he's acting out of his character I'm good. Cellus has never taunted a player and showboated until he started getting jerk every other series.

The young man is playing frustrated. It's not you that's being jerk around your senior year so you don't give a care. That's expected which is clearly understandable but as long as you know why he's acting out of his character I'm good. Cellus has never taunted a player and showboated until he started getting jerk every other series.
Played sports for a lot of years. Played at high levels. Had coaches I didn't agree with. Didn't go out and act like a fool because of it. That's his choice, if that's his "reason". Perhaps that's why he's getting "jerked around" because he's putting himself in front of the team. He certainly did tonight.

Pippins has been outspoken and too loud for his own good from the first time he stepped on the field. Again, I appreciate his effort, but he is a young man who needs to learn when to act like he's been there. He cost us the Holiday Bowl and he gets credit for 3 Oregon Points tonight. Last week, he was jumping around in the endzone like a fool after a USC player dropped a TD like he defended it, even though he had been beaten by 2 steps.

He's like a taller version of Jason David but only 1/2 the talent.
Too loud and outspoken starting when? And you're out of your bat crazy mind if you think he lost any bowl game. He actually won the Sun Bowl game for Wazzu against Miami when he recovered the fumble that saved you guys life in that game. In regards to the Holiday fluke play he was making a play on a anybodies ball and didn't catch do to a slip. Your horrid offense lost that game and you know it.

Too loud and outspoken starting when? And you're out of your bat crazy mind if you think he lost any bowl game. He actually won the Sun Bowl game for Wazzu against Miami when he recovered the fumble that saved you guys life in that game. In regards to the Holiday fluke play he was making a play on a anybodies ball and didn't catch do to a slip. Your horrid offense lost that game and you know it.
Being in the right place at the right time doesn't qualify one for winning the game. I wouldn't put the Holiday Bowl on pippens in fairness as the offense sucked ballz in that game, but your narrative that he made some great play on the TD is comical at best.

Seriously.....go celebrate with your Trojan friends. You won a game today, you should be doing that instead of being butthurt that we don't like your boy acting like a punk and drawing flags. We want Pippins to do well and you only hurt our opinion of him. You aren't going to change hearts and minds by continuing this thread.....or any thread regarding Pippins.

Played sports for a lot of years. Played at high levels. Had coaches I didn't agree with. Didn't go out and act like a fool because of it. That's his choice, if that's his "reason". Perhaps that's why he's getting "jerked around" because he's putting himself in front of the team. He certainly did tonight.
Agree that he put himself in front of the team on that play only because I know sports and especially football. I will not debate or argue that but I will debate the reason why he's frustrated and I totally understand and love his fire for being upset when he's being jerked around. Even though you've played sports you're not going to understand what he's going through as a player. You can only know what you're going through and that's it. Cellus wouldn't have done this prior to last year but now he's learning the real world when it comes to politics and unjust unfavorable treatment for no fault of your own.

Being in the right place at the right time doesn't qualify one for winning the game. I wouldn't put the Holiday Bowl on pippens in fairness as the offense sucked ballz in that game, but your narrative that he made some great play on the TD is comical at best.
I'll say this about that fluke play that should have been a pick no doubt. Had he had pick'd it you'd be saying what?

I'll say this about that fluke play that should have been a pick no doubt. Had he had pick'd it you'd be saying what?
But...he didn't. Of course it would have been a great play had he picked it...would it change my opinion of him tonight? Nope.

Seriously.....go celebrate with your Trojan friends. You won a game today, you should be doing that instead of being butthurt that we don't like your boy acting like a punk and drawing flags. We want Pippins to do well and you only hurt our opinion of him. You aren't going to change hearts and minds by continuing this thread.....or any thread regarding Pippins.
First of all, you didn't start this thread so why can't you allow myself and Coug90 discuss our differences without your down right disrespectful hate for Pippins. That said, I don't celebrate wins over cupcakes like you do. Now let the grown folks hash out their differences without your unwarranted and whacked out input. Thank you but you're needed elsewhere.

would it change my opinion of him tonight? Nope.
So that's just a fluke mishap that put Cellus in your dog house even more. So basically, Cellus could make the game winning pick 6 play against Bama in the National Championship game and you'll still have a dislike for him? On top of that you'll probably try to discredit his game winning play anyway you can. Gotcha.

Let me sum it up simply.

1. In general I've always liked pippens as a player. I think he's a solid PAC-12 corner. I've been on your side on most of these arguments.
2. You probably know better than I do why he hasn't locked down a CB1 spot consistently and why he's frustrated
3. There's no excuse for the crap he pulled tonight. Be a team guy no matter what your issue is with coaches, you owe it to your teammates.

Can we agree?

Let me sum it up simply.

1. In general I've always liked pippens as a player. I think he's a solid PAC-12 corner. I've been on your side on most of these arguments. Appreciate
2. You probably know better than I do why he hasn't locked down a CB1 spot consistently and why he's frustrated. I have my reasons and there solid and others in my position agree.
3. There's no excuse for the crap he pulled tonight. Be a team guy no matter what your issue is with coaches, you owe it to your teammates. Totally agree.

Can we agree?
1. In general I've always liked pippens as a player. I think he's a solid PAC-12 corner. I've been on your side on most of these arguments. Appreciate
2. You probably know better than I do why he hasn't locked down a CB1 spot consistently and why he's frustrated. I have my reasons and there solid and others in my position agree.
3. There's no excuse for the crap he pulled tonight. Be a team guy no matter what your issue is with coaches, you owe it to your teammates. Totally agree.
We can agree.

Last edited:
Reactions: cougarmike
2. You probably know better than I do why he hasn't locked down a CB1 spot consistently and why he's frustrated. I have my reasons and their solid and others in my position agree.
We can agree.
Alright let's shut this thread down and watch 21 take one to the house!

Reactions: CaliTrojan4Life
It's fine.

Pippins has made some outstanding plays, absolutely outstanding.

He also has made some dumb ones, but I've seen dumb ones from Thompson, from Molton etc. too.

Is pippins a good CB. I think he's having one of his best years this year, and even though he's made some mistakes, he still is a great asset and a solid player that contributes every single game.

And no it's not "the coaches" fault. Pippins is solely in control of his own play and decisions when he is on the field.

The coaches give him the opportunity, it's up to him to make something out of it good or bad.

90% of the time it's something good, but occasionally... it's bad. That's the honest truth.

Reactions: YakiCoug
It's fine.

He also has made some dumb ones, but I've seen dumb ones from Thompson, from Molton etc. too.

Is pippins a good CB. I think he's having one of his best years this year, and even though he's made some mistakes, he still is a great asset and a solid player that contributes every single game.

And no it's not "the coaches" fault. Pippins is solely in control of his own play and decisions when he is on the field.

The coaches give him the opportunity, it's up to him to make something out of it good or bad.

90% of the time it's something good, but occasionally... it's bad. That's the honest truth.

I think we'd all agree with that.

This seem like a non-issue to me but, remember Leach's three goals?

1. BE A TEAM
2. BE THE MOST EXCITED TO PLAY
3. BE THE BEST AT DOING YOUR JOB

Pippins seems to have taken it to heart.

Quit ragging on the kid. Pippins has laid it on the line with the Cougs through thick and thin. He made a mistake tonight and the coaches let him know about it and gave him plenty of time to think about it. End of story. Thanks for your service Marcellus. You had a brain cramp tonight but I am sure you will be back making plays against Cal next week. GO COUGS!!

Everyone just sit back and imagine the sad angry life CaliTrojan must live to patrol And respond constantly on cougzone and argue about nothing for eternity.

"Cellus" huh? Does "Cellus" know you think you're on a nickname basis with him?

Last edited:
It's fine.

It goes with the territory on the island.

Reactions: CaliTrojan4Life
Agree that he put himself in front of the team on that play only because I know sports and especially football. I will not debate or argue that but I will debate the reason why he's frustrated and I totally understand and love his fire for being upset when he's being jerked around. Even though you've played sports you're not going to understand what he's going through as a player. You can only know what you're going through and that's it. Cellus wouldn't have done this prior to last year but now he's learning the real world when it comes to politics and unjust unfavorable treatment for no fault of your own.

Just saw him in a post game interview and looked like he was having plenty of fun and was in a pretty good mood. But hey, you're his BFF. I'm sure he was texting you during the game about how frustrated and dissatisfied he is.

I’m not sure your definition of getting screwed by the coach but if it’s based on reps, I’d say there are a lot of guys getting screwed. Grinch is rotating guys in and out at all positions at a level I’ve never seen before. It’s keeping guys fresh, especially in the line and getting guys experience who normally may not get it. With so many seniors on the D I was fearful next season would be a big drop off but I feel a lot better about what the D will have coming back. Also helps when someone goes down that the guy taking his place has had meaningful reps.

For the record, I’m a fan of #21 and hope he continues to help lead WSU to big things.

Reactions: Coug1990
Everyone just sit back and imagine the sad angry life CaliTrojan must live to patrol And respond constantly on cougzone and argue about nothing for eternity.

He had stayed away for awhile. This dude would be happier following the general advice that if you are a player or related to a player, stay away from social media unless you can handle criticism. As said above, 90% of the time, Pippins is a great football player and a great representative of the university and his family. Unfortunately, he routinely lets his emotions get out of control and puts himself ahead of the team and occasionally, he makes a bad play that reminds of how loud his mouth is.

In general, I don't get annoyed when players make a bad play if it's rare, and honestly, it's pretty rare for Pippins to make a truly bad play. I get frustrated with defensive backs that celebrate like they won the Heisman when an opposing player drops a wide open pass that they were supposed to be covering them. If you are going to act like that, you need to be an OUTSTANDING player that makes a visible difference as often as you make a negative impact. Pippins has zero interceptions and 1 recorded pass breakup this year. Compare that to a guy like Jason David who had 6 picks his senior year and 16 interceptions in three years. Pippins has 5 picks in the past three years. If he wants to prance and preen every time something happens around him, make a great play on occasion. He's solid overall but his antics outsize his ability too often for my liking. I want him and CaliTrojan4life to stay off my damned lawn unless he is making an interception, recovering a forced fumble or breaking up a pass.

Trojan, everyone actually appreciate Marcellus. He's good, just made a dumb mistake.

He had stayed away for awhile. This dude would be happier following the general advice that if you are a player or related to a player, stay away from social media unless you can handle criticism. As said above, 90% of the time, Pippins is a great football player and a great representative of the university and his family. Unfortunately, he routinely lets his emotions get out of control and puts himself ahead of the team and occasionally, he makes a bad play that reminds of how loud his mouth is.

In general, I don't get annoyed when players make a bad play if it's rare, and honestly, it's pretty rare for Pippins to make a truly bad play. I get frustrated with defensive backs that celebrate like they won the Heisman when an opposing player drops a wide open pass that they were supposed to be covering them. If you are going to act like that, you need to be an OUTSTANDING player that makes a visible difference as often as you make a negative impact. Pippins has zero interceptions and 1 recorded pass breakup this year. Compare that to a guy like Jason David who had 6 picks his senior year and 16 interceptions in three years. Pippins has 5 picks in the past three years. If he wants to prance and preen every time something happens around him, make a great play on occasion. He's solid overall but his antics outsize his ability too often for my liking. I want him and CaliTrojan4life to stay off my damned lawn unless he is making an interception, recovering a forced fumble or breaking up a pass.

Says the kettle that recently boiled over with frustration because people made fun of his USC apologetic rants.

Reactions: ATACFD

Routinely let's his emotions get out of control and puts himself ahead of the team?

Guy does a lot of talking, but this is the first time I can remember him being flagged for it.

Look guys, for those of you that honestly respect the young man and his play I commend you for having a good eye for talent. In the future I will not be posting or commenting on WazzuWatch.com in regards to Pippins play because I don't believe it's productive or a conducive situation for any of us. I personally have no ill intentions or ill will in regards to Cougars football and never have. I wish the program much success going forward and if they make it to the Natty I'll be pulling for them. As I said yesterday, Grinch philosophy in regards to how he prepares for a game is an asset to Cougar football. I happen to disagree with the way he's promoting his most talented and proven CB in his senior year. I don't believe he's giving that player a good look from all the NFL scouts that are attending the Wazzu games this season.

Now, before anyone says something ridiculous just put yourself in the shoes of a player that's in his senior year and gets taken out of the game every other series. This practice has never happened to you in the last two years as a starter. After beating out guys that were seniors and juniors while you were a sophomore. Think about that for a minute. I've played CB all my life up to college and I've coached it for many years in high school so I actually have a resume to speak on this. As your most talented and proven CB in his senior year I would feel betrayal by the coach making this call. After I put my life at risk every play and have ran threw brick walls in practices, during games, for coaches, teammates and as well as my school just for my coach to treat me in this fashion in my final season. Mind you, all the other players in my position return next year. Cougar Nation, I wish you guys nothing but success in the future and for the remaining of the season. P.S. that kid #50 Hercules is special and fun to watch. I'll go to war with #21 any day of the week. I'm out folks.

Look guys, for those of you that honestly respect the young man and his play I commend you for having a good eye for talent. In the future I will not be posting or commenting on WazzuWatch.com in regards to Pippins play because I don't believe it's productive or a conducive situation for any of us. I personally have no ill intentions or ill will in regards to Cougars football and never have. I wish the program much success going forward and if they make it to the Natty I'll be pulling for them. As I said yesterday, Grinch philosophy in regards to how he prepares for a game is an asset to Cougar football. I happen to disagree with the way he's promoting his most talented and proven CB in his senior year. I don't believe he's giving that player a good look from all the NFL scouts that are attending the Wazzu games this season.

Now, before anyone says something ridiculous just put yourself in the shoes of a player that's in his senior year and gets taken out of the game every other series. This practice has never happened to you in the last two years as a starter. After beating out guys that were seniors and juniors while you were a sophomore. Think about that for a minute. I've played CB all my life up to college and I've coached it for many years in high school so I actually have a resume to speak on this. As your most talented and proven CB in his senior year I would feel betrayal by the coach making this call. After I put my life at risk every play and have ran threw brick walls in practices, during games, for coaches, teammates and as well as my school just for my coach to treat me in this fashion in my final season. Mind you, all the other players in my position return next year. Cougar Nation, I wish you guys nothing but success in the future and for the remaining of the season. P.S. that kid #50 Hercules is special and fun to watch. I'll go to war with #21 any day of the week. I'm out folks.

Played "up till college"? So... you played high school football? That's quite the resume.

And does "Cellus" know you post about him here?

I'm not the one that gets frustrated and starts calling people names.

21688533_174504266430238_5983411689876357120_n.jpg

Funny. I don't recall Pippens beating out anybody as a freshman and sophomore. The roster was pretty much decimated in the defensive backfield.

He's facing competition now that he didn't have when he was younger. Good for the program, maybe not so much for the individual.

And it's not Grinch's job to showcase players for NFL scouts. His job is to win football games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT