ADVERTISEMENT

If pippens could play

Thanks Yaki, you make my point. You're so butthurt and worried about being right that you have to resort to stupidity. Thanks for stopping by the booth.

Thanks Yaki, you make my point. You're so butthurt and worried about being right that you have to resort to stupidity. Thanks for stopping by the booth.

This post is so spongebob. Thin-skinned and thick-skulled is no way to go through life. Then again, you really can't help it.

This post is so spongebob. Thin-skinned and thick-skulled is no way to go through life. Then again, you really can't help it.

I get it. You don't like me. You know what? I don't like you. You are an insecure douchebag from a sh!tbag town who uses the internet as a way to compensate for your own inadequacies. Why don't you focus on cougar football instead of me, you creepy, frickin' troll?

Last edited:
I get it. You don't like me. You know what? I don't like you. You are an insecure douchebag from a sh!tbag town who uses the internet as a way to compensate for your own inadequacies. Why don't you focus on cougar football instead of me, you creepy, frickin' troll?

There is no evolution in Kansas. Nice namecalling, btw... "I'm not the one that gets frustrated and starts calling people names," - Witless in Wichita.

There is no evolution in Kansas. Nice namecalling, btw... "I'm not the one that gets frustrated and starts calling people names," - Witless in Wichita.

You are, and always have been, a troll. You cyberstalk people relentlessly. Coming from Yakima, you have zero right to judge any other place. There are idiots in Kansas who I don't agree with, but at least they try to be good people most of the time. I've been to Yakima and the only thing good about that place is leaving it. I don't blame you for being a miserable SOB......that place just makes you that way.

Again, instead of trying to validate yourself by insulting others, find a football thread and post about football. I'm glad that I live 1700 miles away. I can picture a creepy bastard like you driving by my house at night.

CaliTrojan, don't take the ribbing personally. This site has bottomed out with trolls and and sometimes it's fun just to egg people on.

Almost everyone I know and see at the actual games, and not on this board really likes Marcellus personally, his energy, and appreciates his play as well. Hes someone that we can all feel confident with whenever he lines up outside and has a knack for big plays.

CaliTrojan, don't take the ribbing personally. This site has bottomed out with trolls and and sometimes it's fun just to egg people on.

Almost everyone I know and see at the actual games, and not on this board really likes Marcellus personally, his energy, and appreciates his play as well. Hes someone that we can all feel confident with whenever he lines up outside and has a knack for big plays.
Not sure why you’re sweet-talking the loudmouth clown—he talks shite about Grinch (who is the primary reason we have a top 15 D in the country now) because of the mental lapses of his idol Pippins, and the guy repeatedly reminds us how much he knows (played high school ball...whoopee) and how influential he is for recruiting in the area (like we’re never going to get another recruit from the area without his approval). He’s a joke.

And it's not Grinch's job to showcase players for NFL scouts. His job is to win football games.
I'm biting.... And see what my elite nephew in his last year of high school or any other quality high school football player says if any college coach/recruiter tells them this mess. I guarantee you no coach would say this to a recruit. And coaches love to talk about the NEXT level with their recruits and their parents.

""When the kid is on campus, that means full attention from the head man. Seats side-by-side at the basketball game. A personalized tour and office meeting to talk about how the athlete fits with the program. Coaches know how to pour it on from an attention standpoint, and during the visit, they make you feel like you are their No. 1.

When the coaches make their in-home visits, the rhetoric is similar. Except this time, that coach is looking to prove to the athlete and their family, coaches and friends that he can do more for the player than anyone else.

For some kids, that is about getting to the NFL. For others, it is about getting out of the situation they are in and moving into a better position. Some kids and their families need to hear about education. Others want to hear about playing time.

Much like sales, recruiting is about hot buttons. Coaches work those hot buttons, find the decision-makers and lean on them until the choice is made.

You win some; you lose some. The goal is to win more of those than you lose. Coaches who win most of them are the guys we label good recruiters.

Recruiting is a delicate, intense ordeal for both players and coaches.

Kids can break things up by taking the wrong visit, trying to play both sides against the middle or not showing enough interest. Coaches can lose kids by saying the wrong thing to a mom or simply not telling the kid what he needs to hear.

It goes unmentioned, but current players can lose potential student-athletes because of official visits. Poor pairings result in a bad experience for all the parties involved, and while the goal is to get talent, no one wants to play with kids they do not like during the visit. Coaches must understand who the recruit truly is and who on his roster would fit with that youngster's personality.

There is a lot more to recruiting than just visits and commitments. The evaluation process is long and thorough, but even still, coaches run the risk of missing out on players. For players, it's an exercise in hard work and getting as much information to make their decision as possible.

Getting kids in the boat is important for schools. Picking the right school is what matters to the kid.

It is a process that does not get the attention, and appreciation, it deserves"".

Link: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-how-college-football-coaches-recruit-players

I'm biting.... And see what my elite nephew in his last year of high school or any other quality high school football player says if any college coach/recruiter tells them this mess. I guarantee you no coach would say this to a recruit. And coaches love to talk about the NEXT level with their recruits and their parents.

""When the kid is on campus, that means full attention from the head man. Seats side-by-side at the basketball game. A personalized tour and office meeting to talk about how the athlete fits with the program. Coaches know how to pour it on from an attention standpoint, and during the visit, they make you feel like you are their No. 1.

When the coaches make their in-home visits, the rhetoric is similar. Except this time, that coach is looking to prove to the athlete and their family, coaches and friends that he can do more for the player than anyone else.

For some kids, that is about getting to the NFL. For others, it is about getting out of the situation they are in and moving into a better position. Some kids and their families need to hear about education. Others want to hear about playing time.

Much like sales, recruiting is about hot buttons. Coaches work those hot buttons, find the decision-makers and lean on them until the choice is made.

You win some; you lose some. The goal is to win more of those than you lose. Coaches who win most of them are the guys we label good recruiters.

Recruiting is a delicate, intense ordeal for both players and coaches.

Kids can break things up by taking the wrong visit, trying to play both sides against the middle or not showing enough interest. Coaches can lose kids by saying the wrong thing to a mom or simply not telling the kid what he needs to hear.

It goes unmentioned, but current players can lose potential student-athletes because of official visits. Poor pairings result in a bad experience for all the parties involved, and while the goal is to get talent, no one wants to play with kids they do not like during the visit. Coaches must understand who the recruit truly is and who on his roster would fit with that youngster's personality.

There is a lot more to recruiting than just visits and commitments. The evaluation process is long and thorough, but even still, coaches run the risk of missing out on players. For players, it's an exercise in hard work and getting as much information to make their decision as possible.

Getting kids in the boat is important for schools. Picking the right school is what matters to the kid.

It is a process that does not get the attention, and appreciation, it deserves"".

Link: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-how-college-football-coaches-recruit-players

All personal feelings aside, I think a kid watching WSU play sees a team that is playing a very aggressive, fun style of defense that emphasizes speed. They hear how great Mata'afa is. They see Jahad Woods flying to the ball making plays. They see Marcus Strong getting a pick. They see Frankie Luvu flattening the opposing QB. A few weeks later, Grinch & Roy Manning come into their homes and talk about them being a part of the future of the #SpeedD. They get pumped up and excited.

Unless they are a personal friend of yours, they don't give a crap about what you say and think. What's funny is that you are the only one bitching about how bad life is for Pippins. Leach made a comment last week that he can't imagine anyone happier than Pippins and the story had a picture of Pippins smiling ear to ear. Maybe you're the only one who's mad here?

Reactions: Fab5Coug
Not sure why you’re sweet-talking the loudmouth clown—he talks shite about Grinch (who is the primary reason we have a top 15 D in the country now) because of the mental lapses of his idol Pippins, and the guy repeatedly reminds us how much he knows (played high school ball...whoopee) and how influential he is for recruiting in the area (like we’re never going to get another recruit from the area without his approval). He’s a joke.
Disco Queen, Fyi I played ball at Fresno State. Why don't you stick to "dancing with the stars" instead of talking out the side of your ass. If you were Grinch and used a crazy tactic every year to hold a player down I'd talk syht about you clown. If it isn't starting him the first game of the season one year it's subbing him every other series the next year. When does this practice stop. You don't know any other coach that does this with their starting senior CB, clown. Now go back to dancing because football is truly not your thing.

Disco Queen, Fyi I played ball at Fresno State. Why don't you stick to "dancing with the stars" instead of talking out the side of your ass. If you were Grinch and used a crazy tactic every year to hold a player down I'd talk syht about you clown. If it isn't starting him the first game of the season one year it's subbing him every other series the next year. When does this practice stop. You don't know any other coach that does this with their starting senior CB, clown. Now go back to dancing because football is truly not your thing.
Whatever you say Richard Sherman.

Actually, I’ll stick to watching Grinch coach up a nationally ranked D—you keep watching the Cougs D though, maybe you’ll learn a thing or two so you can break into the big leagues like Coach Grinch instead if being stuck in the Minor minor minor minor leagues.

All personal feelings aside, I think a kid watching WSU play sees a team that is playing a very aggressive, fun style of defense that emphasizes speed. They hear how great Mata'afa is. They see Jahad Woods flying to the ball making plays. They see Marcus Strong getting a pick. They see Frankie Luvu flattening the opposing QB. A few weeks later, Grinch & Roy Manning come into their homes and talk about them being a part of the future of the #SpeedD. They get pumped up and excited.

Unless they are a personal friend of yours, they don't give a crap about what you say and think. What's funny is that you are the only one bitching about how bad life is for Pippins. Leach made a comment last week that he can't imagine anyone happier than Pippins and the story had a picture of Pippins smiling ear to ear. Maybe you're the only one who's mad here?
Okay, you brought something solid to the table. All personal feelings aside here. So do you think rotating your corners every other series especially your most proven senior is a great recruiting tool? Agree, seeing guys flying around to the ball making plays will definitely attract recruits. I'd be concerned about how you treat your senior that's started the past two years and now in his senior year he's being rotated every other series. That's a practice none of us here have witnessed and that's the beef I have with Grinch. I have no beef with his game planning and think he does a decent job there. But not allowing your most proven senior player to ball out his senior year is down right disrespectful to say the least. He doesn't pull the safeties out every other series. He didn't pull Luani to develop other players. He didn't use this rotating tactic or practice at Missouri. So what's the excuse there?

Whatever you say Richard Sherman.

Actually, I’ll stick to watching Grinch coach up a nationally ranked D—you keep watching the Cougs D though, maybe you’ll learn a thing or two so you can break into the big leagues like Coach Grinch instead if being stuck in the Minor minor minor minor leagues.
If mentoring and coaching HS football players in NorCal is minor league to you I see where you get your ignorant rants from small man. You can take your lovefest for Grinch's philosophy of rotating proven seniors and shove it up your ass. This isn't good for anyone and anyone that knows football knows this practice is unheard of. As poster "YakiCoug" appropriately stated in a prior post. "It goes with the territory on the Island". You win some there and you lose some. But you do not pull your starting CB unless he's losing you games in which Pippins has not done. Pippins is contributing to Wazzu's wins with his ball jarring hits and his coverage on the opponents best WR's. Has he gotten beaten, yes but that comes with the territory in which the position he plays. He's paid his dues and he shouldn't be jerked around in his senior year if you think so or not.

If mentoring and coaching HS football players in NorCal is minor league to you I see where you get your ignorant rants from small man. You can take your lovefest for Grinch's philosophy of rotating proven seniors and shove it up your ass. This isn't good for anyone and anyone that knows football knows this practice is unheard of. As poster "YakiCoug" appropriately stated in a prior post. "It goes with the territory on the Island". You win some there and you lose some. But you do not pull your starting CB unless he's losing you games in which Pippins has not done. Pippins is contributing to Wazzu's wins with his ball jarring hits and his coverage on the opponents best WR's. Has he gotten beaten, yes but that comes with the territory in which the position he plays. He's paid his dues and he shouldn't be jerked around in his senior year if you think so or not.

1) You don't know what's going on. Its been stated multiple times. You're not on the sideline, you're not in the locker room. What ever it is, its working and the kids seem to be happy with what's going on. Grinch is leading a top national defense on a top 10 team.

2) Perhaps Grinch is innovating something here. I'm just spitballing, because unlike you I don't claim to know whats going on (he's pulling his best player because hes a fcking moron... uh, ok?), but maybe it has to do with playing in a passing league and keeping guys fresh/ mitigating not having top tier, lock down dbs so fresh legs are better. I don't know. AGAIN, I DON'T KNOW. NEITHER DO YOU. But its working, to the benefit of the TEAM.

3) Have you actually even talked to MP recently and has he voiced his displeasure with you? If he's been so unhappy the past 3 years, why didn't he take all of his talent and transfer? Or could it be its actually YOU who are talking out of the side of your ass and MP is content with whats going on, sees and buys into the "team" concept (hyperlinked a definition since you don't seem to understand it very well), and wants to be a contributor of a top 10 team instead of the star on a basement dweller. Or worse, a bench warmer on a team like USC.

4) Why is it you take every criticism of MP, and they've all been fair, and turned it into an attack on Grinch? Pippens has grown in this defense, gotten better every year. I think everyone in the program and who is a Coug is happy to have him in crimson and gray. HOWEVER, when he makes a bonehead play, or does anything that warrants criticism (don't know if you noticed, but Falk has gotten beaten up pretty soundly on this board too...) you can somehow make it a Grinch thing? He jawed at that guy because he's mad at Grinch? Do you know how absurd that sounds? WE all know why he was jawwing at that guy - its the same reason everyone in the NW abhors the ducks and their fans - but apparently we're wrong because Pippens calls you every week and discusses his issues with you. Did I get that right?

Reactions: brettcraycraft51
Disco Queen before I go, I haven't talked to Cellus about his playing time. You need to remember, I'm a HS football coach in NorCal as well as a Nike SPARQ'S Combine/Camp coach in NorCal. So I know top players as well as their family members in this part of the woods. Bay area talent, Cellus (Wazzu), Joe Mix (Oklahoma), Pickett (UCLA), Harvey (Arizona St), Calhoun (Arizona St), Langley (USC) and King (Wash) all worked out together before moving on to the next level. All of these players competed at a high level in HS and were the best player in their position in their conferences. Two have moved on to the big league and none of them have been rotated in and out of their respected positions except for Pippins.

Disco Queen before I go, I haven't talked to Cellus about his playing time. You need to remember, I'm a HS football coach in NorCal as well as a Nike SPARQ'S Combine/Camp coach in NorCal. So I know top players as well as their family members in this part of the woods. Bay area talent, Cellus (Wazzu), Joe Mix (Oklahoma), Pickett (UCLA), Harvey (Arizona St), Calhoun (Arizona St), Langley (USC) and King (Wash) all worked out together before moving on to the next level. All of these players competed at a high level in HS and were the best player in their position in their conferences. Two have moved on to the big league and none of them have been rotated in and out of their respected positions except for Pippins.
You’re awesome, Deion Sanders.

Cellus asked me to tell you to quit stalking him and respect the restraining order.

1) You don't know what's going on. Its been stated multiple times. You're not on the sideline, you're not in the locker room. What ever it is, its working and the kids seem to be happy with what's going on. Grinch is leading a top national defense on a top 10 team.

2) Perhaps Grinch is innovating something here. I'm just spitballing, because unlike you I don't claim to know whats going on (he's pulling his best player because hes a fcking moron... uh, ok?), but maybe it has to do with playing in a passing league and keeping guys fresh/ mitigating not having top tier, lock down dbs so fresh legs are better. I don't know. AGAIN, I DON'T KNOW. NEITHER DO YOU. But its working, to the benefit of the TEAM.

3) Have you actually even talked to MP recently and has he voiced his displeasure with you? If he's been so unhappy the past 3 years, why didn't he take all of his talent and transfer? Or could it be its actually YOU who are talking out of the side of your ass and MP is content with whats going on, sees and buys into the "team" concept (hyperlinked a definition since you don't seem to understand it very well), and wants to be a contributor of a top 10 team instead of the star on a basement dweller. Or worse, a bench warmer on a team like USC.

4) Why is it you take every criticism of MP, and they've all been fair, and turned it into an attack on Grinch? Pippens has grown in this defense, gotten better every year. I think everyone in the program and who is a Coug is happy to have him in crimson and gray. HOWEVER, when he makes a bonehead play, or does anything that warrants criticism (don't know if you noticed, but Falk has gotten beaten up pretty soundly on this board too...) you can somehow make it a Grinch thing? He jawed at that guy because he's mad at Grinch? Do you know how absurd that sounds? WE all know why he was jawwing at that guy - its the same reason everyone in the NW abhors the ducks and their fans - but apparently we're wrong because Pippens calls you every week and discusses his issues with you. Did I get that right?
First of all, I don't talk to Pippins at all. I know how he must feel from experience because it kills me to see him in one series and out the next. Not allowing him a chance to get a feel for the game on a Island. I've talked to people in his inner circle and all of them are confused to why he's being pulled every other series. They asked me for understanding because I'm a coach and all I can tell them is this is new to me and the coaches I deal with on a daily basis. So it ticks a lot of people off back home to see this may it be a friend, coach or relative. It's totally unnecessary because Pippins is a solid CB. He's played against Jared Goff (Rams) in High school and College. Pippins pick'd him in HS and in College but for some reason he's not qualified to play a whole game for Wazzu without being pulled. Sorry but I'll never understand this practice because a corner legs doesn't get worried in the first half of a game. So I'm not buying that one. Like to see if he uses this practice for the rest of his coaching career.

Last edited:
First of all, I don't talk to Pippins at all. I know how he must feel from experience because it kills me to see him in one series and out the next. Not allowing him a chance to get a feel for the game on a Island. I've talked to people in his inner circle and all of them are confused to why he's being pulled every other series. They asked me for understanding because I'm a coach and all I can tell them is this is new to me and the coaches I deal with on a daily basis. So it ticks a lot of people off back home to see this may it be a friend, coach or relative. It's totally unnecessary because Pippins is a solid CB. He's played against Jared Goff (Rams) in High school and College. Pippins pick'd him in HS and in College but for some reason he's not qualified to play a whole game for Wazzu without being pulled. Sorry but I'll never understand this practice because a corner legs doesn't get worried in the first half of a game. So I'm not buying that one. Like to see if he uses this practice for the rest of his coaching career.

In summary: you don't know.

Got it, all I needed to hear.

Reactions: CPtheCoug
You are, and always have been, a troll. You cyberstalk people relentlessly. Coming from Yakima, you have zero right to judge any other place. There are idiots in Kansas who I don't agree with, but at least they try to be good people most of the time. I've been to Yakima and the only thing good about that place is leaving it. I don't blame you for being a miserable SOB......that place just makes you that way.

Again, instead of trying to validate yourself by insulting others, find a football thread and post about football. I'm glad that I live 1700 miles away. I can picture a creepy bastard like you driving by my house at night.
I'm going to have to disagree with this and say that YOU sound miserable. He's been cyberstalked and I know that for a fact. Why are YOU so miserable when WSU is doing so well?

I'm going to have to disagree with this and say that YOU sound miserable. He's been cyberstalked and I know that for a fact. Why are YOU so miserable when WSU is doing so well?

What makes you think I'm miserable? All I said at the start of the thread was that Marcellus needs to know when to shut up. Our condom friend comes on here and gets bashed on all sides and you decide I'm the miserable one just because some idiot from Yakima says so? I'm fine. Tell your friend from Yakima to focus on WSU football and we'll all be happier. FWIW, I've decided to put him on "ignore" because I really don't want to read any more of his drivel.

Cali....a couple of thoughts. First, I love good corner play. Makes the whole defense better. It allows them to do things up front. That is what I loved about Doba and Price. They had a formula. Two Dt's to anchor the defense, two good corners and everything else can be filler if you will and they will still be effective.

Also agree MP from the moment he started getting PT has been a play-maker. He has made plays. Now to say he hasn't been beat would be a lie cause every corner gets beat.

When people blame the bowl game on MP, it is crazy. Score some points. The defense did their job. It was a fluke play.

I am in full alignment with you on all of those areas. I may even wonder why Gerard Wicks for example isn't getting more PT, or even why MP doesn't play every down.

Here is where I do part ways. I have always thought these forums were dangerous grounds for anyone who had a personal interest in a player. I remember seeing a spring practice way back in 1997. I commented that Alex Tinsley was not a DB. He was a kid out of the garlic capital of the US. But knowing DB play I commented he could n't play CB, and he didn't want to hit at FS. His parents saw my post and came unglued.

I gave them my number, we talked it out. Because they lived in Cali I would send them articles from the Seattle Times and PI which they didn't have access to. Tinsley to date has the fastest 40 time ever recorded at WSU.

The problem is I was dead on in my analysis. It wasn't personal. But it became personal because someone on the other end was offended. And truth be told I would be if I had a son.

That is why families and friends shouldn't come to these forums. It can be hurtful. Only those who are close to these athletes know how much hard work each player puts into their craft. And the reward from fans ...."Pippens lost the bowl game". Not all fans but fans. But "fan" isn't short for rational or measured.

What comes from your comments in the middle of a 6-0 season is one player who has taken 75% of the snaps over the last three years is that 6-0, 8th in the country ranking, with measured improvement in defensive stats isn't the primary focus but a player is disgruntled because his lack of PT.

Truth be told, I want players who want to play and know they can play. But that is the problem with these forums. It doesn't come across that way. It comes across as a me first and not team first mentality. Personally, I would have rather "imagined" Pippens got caught in the moment chatting rather than he being frustrated about playing time. It sends the wrong message team wide. I am not naive, I know the back ups aren't saying...geez, I am grateful I am a back up. Just my opinion is that the forum is not a good place for friends or family.

Ken Bone is a very close friend of a good friend of mine. He and my sister went to the same high school. He is just a good person. Of course I wanted him to win cause to my surprise he loved Pullman and never would have left. But I spent very little time on the BBall board because I did know him.

And I would finish my novel with this. I don't know what goes on in practice. From a "program" standpoint it is better that Strong gets meaningful reps. Doesn't do anyone any good for him just to play against Montana State.

My youngest plays high school bball. A teammate of hers has the most gorgeous shot. Perfect form. Very Klay Thompson like. The problem is she can go games without hitting her shot. And I am not at practice so I don't know the behind scenes as why she doesn't play. But last June I watched her high school team play in a viewing tourney and the coach called the same play twice in a row. It is a very simple play drawn up against man. The kid went to the wrong spot twice in a row and that was the only reason the play didn't work was because of her screw up. It wasn't a physical mistake, it was a mental one.

So before I (me personally) gets all over Grinch, I would have to see deteriorating results, and probably need to be at a practice to see why they are rotating the players so much.

I wonder if Strong and his family feel he should be the one getting 75% of the snaps?

The boy is a cry baby. I'm one among many who have called him out. What a wimp. I doubt he's even a Coug. What real Cougar fan would still be regurgitating up Barber and Fehoko after a USC player assaults a WSU fan for trying to get to his team to celebrate? And this comes when WSU had just notched ints 15th win in its last 20 conference games. Bitter and miserable. I kind of feel sorry for him, but more for his family.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT