ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Idea to Save the PAC

I heard about something similar a couple of months ago, but for *all* the FBS teams. The top-50 teams each year (final rankings) are "premier" league. Of course the blue bloods are always there, but it gives upstarts like BSJC an opportunity from time to time. TV $$ are shared across all teams that season.

Maybe this guy heard that and applied it to just the P2?

I heard about something similar a couple of months ago, but for *all* the FBS teams. The top-50 teams each year (final rankings) are "premier" league. Of course the blue bloods are always there, but it gives upstarts like BSJC an opportunity from time to time. TV $$ are shared across all teams that season.

Maybe this guy heard that and applied it to just the P2?
This is the stupidest idea I have read for ages (aside from the inane political BS on this board).

Steal the idea from soccer? Futball to football?

It's an interesting idea, but one that I don't expect to fly.

Some additional thoughts:

- To smooth out the budget uncertainty, make the media split basically flat so that schools who are relegated don't have massive fluctuations. But the Pac teams get the bulk (or even all) of the bowl/CFP/NCAA shares.

- Don't bring SDSU & NDSU. Loop in the Big Sky and make it 3 tiers. That gets us to 28 regional teams, 26 who play football. The top 6 MW teams move up to the Pac-12, the top 2 Big Sky teams to the MW. Set up the schedules so the higher finishers one year can't play the Big sky teams in the next. And every year (or maybe 2), the best Big Sky teams move up to MW, the worst MW teams move down. The best MW teams move to the Pac, the worst Pac teams move down.

It's an interesting idea, but one that I don't expect to fly.

Some additional thoughts:

- To smooth out the budget uncertainty, make the media split basically flat so that schools who are relegated don't have massive fluctuations. But the Pac teams get the bulk (or even all) of the bowl/CFP/NCAA shares.

- Don't bring SDSU & NDSU. Loop in the Big Sky and make it 3 tiers. That gets us to 28 regional teams, 26 who play football. The top 6 MW teams move up to the Pac-12, the top 2 Big Sky teams to the MW. Set up the schedules so the higher finishers one year can't play the Big sky teams in the next. And every year (or maybe 2), the best Big Sky teams move up to MW, the worst MW teams move down. The best MW teams move to the Pac, the worst Pac teams move down.
Waah? This is even nuttier. Either we get invited to the Big 12 (doubtful and fine with me), or we join the Mtn West, or my favorite choice is we get them to dissolve the Mtn West and create the Pac 16. This is such a no-brainer. Even my dementia riddled mind gets it.

Waah? This is even nuttier. Either we get invited to the Big 12 (doubtful and fine with me), or we join the Mtn West, or my favorite choice is we get them to dissolve the Mtn West and create the Pac 16. This is such a no-brainer. Even my dementia riddled mind gets it.
Calm down, grumpy smurf. It's not something that's likely to happen, but there's nothing wrong with hypotheticals.

At least it's football.

Calm down, grumpy smurf. It's not something that's likely to happen, but there's nothing wrong with hypotheticals.

At least it's football.
But apparently it isn't football just like he wants it. Perhaps the czar of WazzuWatch needs to publish his many rules and guidelines of exactly what is and isn't allowed to be discussed here?

Not that any of us independent thinkers would pay attention to them......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT