ADVERTISEMENT

is it time to be a 100% portal team?

BiggsCoug

Hall Of Fame
Feb 5, 2003
How many kids have to walk away? How many years do you have to see this happen?

Dickert cant keep recruiting the same kids over and over.

At this point, if I had to choose, go portal 100% and remove the free transfer year from your roster.

I am 100% for kids being in control of their career and making money. If it’s fair play for the coaches to do it, it should be fair play for the players too.

However…
No roster limits.
No salary cap.
No tampering rules.
Best teams pick first.

That is the compete polar opposite of the NFL.

Cut the rosters to 70 kids, all in. Then let’s see who can coach football and run a program.

Correct.
Recruit and develop your guys, they leave for $ or PT. Give them PT, they leave for $

No deterrent for transferring unless you already have and this is the future of WSU’s recruiting

A roster full of guys who have used their “free” transfer, but aren’t quite good enough to get PAID

Yee Haw

Reactions: froropmkr72
How many kids have to walk away? How many years do you have to see this happen?

Dickert cant keep recruiting the same kids over and over.

At this point, if I had to choose, go portal 100% and remove the free transfer year from your roster.

I am 100% for kids being in control of their career and making money. If it’s fair play for the coaches to do it, it should be fair play for the players too.

However…
No roster limits.
No salary cap.
No tampering rules.
Best teams pick first.

That is the compete polar opposite of the NFL.

Cut the rosters to 70 kids, all in. Then let’s see who can coach football and run a program.
Actually it is time to revamp the system . Add a third conference . Fbs and it’s the wild Wild West . Transfer mid season if you want .

Fbs A. Sign a letter you and you aren’t released by your school you sit a year.

FCS … can have any rules they want .

You know who portal helps . Lincoln Riley making 10 mil. Brian Kelly making 9. They no longer have to build a program . Take your stars with you and you go -57 to 10-2 .

As of today, more than 1040 kids have entered the portal. 16 from Stanford alone, 13 from Arizona, 12 from ASU, 11 from Oregon and WSU, 9 from Cal, and the bowl games are yet to be played. Last year 2300 entered, 800 never committed elsewhere. As a coach you either adapt or you will perish! But if last year is anything to go by, 1 in 3 kids are shooting themselves in the foot by entering.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT