ADVERTISEMENT

Island of the misfits.... hello

CrimsonDisciple

Head Coach
Dec 26, 2005
Well, after 13 straight years of membership at Brand X, I find myself hitting a cross roads..... apologize to the Brand X staff, or be banned. Well, Looking forward to conversing with you guys.

Who’s all going to San Diego? Last year there was an organized pub crawl. We stumbled on it and joined. Lots of fun, realized I couldn’t pour it on like I used to . Anyone know who is putting it on this year? Go Cougs!

Well, after 13 straight years of membership at Brand X, I find myself hitting a cross roads..... apologize to the Brand X staff, or be banned. Well, Looking forward to conversing with you guys.

Who’s all going to San Diego? Last year there was an organized pub crawl. We stumbled on it and joined. Lots of fun, realized I couldn’t pour it on like I used to . Anyone know who is putting it on this year? Go Cougs!

I was blacklisted awhile ago.

Brand y wants me to confess my sin of not "bringing enough to the table...just enough"... even though they allow others to regularly violate this supposed rule...before I can post a comment there.

Hypocrites. I refuse.

Their loss. I will never acknowledge this sin to them.

Reactions: Cougzz
I called for Paul Wulff to be fired after the OSU Seattle game. Said some choice things but nothing too bad. I knew a bunch of players and knew the issues he was helping perpetuate. I’ve been banned since then, with multiple attempts to have the ban lifted, including a couple times in the week after Wulff was fired when they switched from licking his sack to piling on him at the drop of a hat. Place is awful.

Reactions: CrimsonDisciple
Really d? That’s wild. Not sure why they are so arrogant. They didn’t like my frustration with their Brock Huard story. I let them know that I wasn’t impressed with the click bait..... blacklisted. Paid over there since 2005. Crazy.

My comments have to be "approved by the moderator". I got that distinction because I said "good riddance" to Kafusi who was smoking weed with his baby. right after Leach told the team 1 of his 3 cardinal rules was no drugs.

Welcome to the board. It's a fun group. You'll find it can be quite rowdy here, but there is a lot of good discussion from all people. Except the Paul Wulff lovers/Waldenites who somehow have found refuge here to spout their nonsense.

Really d? That’s wild. Not sure why they are so arrogant. They didn’t like my frustration with their Brock Huard story. I let them know that I wasn’t impressed with the click bait..... blacklisted. Paid over there since 2005. Crazy.

Another poster said something about having breakfast with ChickenSchulz and I asked if he stabbed him. I thought it was pretty clear I would as joking, 90% anyway. I received a direct message that said something like “Your post Did you stab him” and my response was “What about it?”

I just saw they charged my credit card for another year.

Want to be a plaintiff?

My comments have to be "approved by the moderator". I got that distinction because I said "good riddance" to Kafusi who was smoking weed with his baby. right after Leach told the team 1 of his 3 cardinal rules was no drugs.

Welcome to the board. It's a fun group. You'll find it can be quite rowdy here, but there is a lot of good discussion from all people. Except the Paul Wulff lovers/Waldenites who somehow have found refuge here to spout their nonsense.

I got that like every other month during the Wulff era.

Reactions: Cougzz

They are still banning people?

I'll be in San Diego with the wife and kids........so no pub crawling.

There's a pub crawl again this year. It looks like it starts right after the Cougar Marching Band is done performing at Horton Plaza Park. Sounds like people will gather there and march to Gaslamp for at least 5 different stops (bars). I can message you the facebook link if you'd like.

glad to have you here

Found an itinerary as well:

7PM - 8:10PM The Local https://thelocalsandiego.com

8:20PM - 9:30PM The Commons Bar
http://www.thecommonssd.com/

9:40PM - 10:50PM Henry's Pub https://henryspub.com

11:00PM - 12:10PM Gaslamp BBQ https://www.gaslampbbq.com

12:20PM - Close Bub's
http://bubssandiego.com

This is the route on Google maps.

https://goo.gl/maps/UvMEPSxQaus

The crawl starts after the band showcase at Horton Plaza which starts at 6.

Perfect, thank you! Wife and I along with my Son (Senior) will be there! Staying right down by the Plaza.

They banned this guy too, and he was none too happy about it:

Only the truth hurts that bad.

Their site sucked when it started. It sucks now. It will always suck. I don't care if they're reading this. I hope they are. They suck.
This seems like the perfect thread and post for me to test my new signature out. Especially with so many new folks on.

Last edited:
Upon CML's hire, I was vocal about the CPW era. Done. Black listed. Rarely go back to lurk even. Just isn't worth it.

EDIT: AND WELCOME BACK! :)

Since I've been around both sites almost since they began, I'll toss in some thoughts.

First, welcome to CD!

Second, the personality of the two sites is very different. Sometimes I'm more in the mood for one, sometimes the other. BX tends toward being a bit too pro-establishment...even when the establishment is full of beans. They insist on seeing clothes on a naked emperor. They are also easily offended; must be nice to be able to run a business while being that thin-skinned. I can't get away with that in my business. This site, by contrast, has more people who sometimes shoot from the hip and have no personal filter, particularly when it comes to the names of a few past coaches & AD's. And, just being frank, a few of the folks at this site are pretty vindictive in terms of their emotional disappointment at the failures of previous athletic program luminaries.

All the above can be taken with a grain of salt.

I have two primary gripes, one with each site. My BX gripe is their institutional assumption of superiority, occasionally straying into out and out arrogance. My gripe with this site is the tendency of some posters to immediately start calling other posters names in a knee-jerk way that makes them look like a 5th grade kid on a playground.

CD, I found your posts on the other site to be pretty adult, and will miss your presence. Good luck over here!

Since I've been around both sites almost since they began, I'll toss in some thoughts.

First, welcome to CD!

Second, the personality of the two sites is very different. Sometimes I'm more in the mood for one, sometimes the other. BX tends toward being a bit too pro-establishment...even when the establishment is full of beans. They insist on seeing clothes on a naked emperor. They are also easily offended; must be nice to be able to run a business while being that thin-skinned. I can't get away with that in my business. This site, by contrast, has more people who sometimes shoot from the hip and have no personal filter, particularly when it comes to the names of a few past coaches & AD's. And, just being frank, a few of the folks at this site are pretty vindictive in terms of their emotional disappointment at the failures of previous athletic program luminaries.

I have two primary gripes, one with each site. My BX gripe is their institutional assumption of superiority, occasionally straying into out and out arrogance. My gripe with this site is the tendency of some posters to immediately start calling other posters names in a knee-jerk way that makes them look like a 5th grade kid on a playground.

CD, I found your posts on the other site to be pretty adult, and will miss your presence. Good luck over here!

Doo doo head!

First, welcome to CD!

Over there, the ginger moderator has sand in his vagina.

Over here, the posters have sand in their vaginas.

Neither is right or wrong. Just different.

That ginger moderator has a handle over here he hasn't used in a while. GingerCoug I believe hasn't posted since before the coaching change. This last siting was taken Nov. 28th 2011'. Later reports are that he's doing much better....Thank goodness.

pepepepeweb.jpg

I've always made the analogy between the two sites as bars. There are the Martini Bars, with polished copper and cascade, lit shelving behind the bar to display all the bottles of booze. Hot chicks serving $15 mixed drinks. But damm if every time they open their mouths they sound pretentious, snobby and if you talk badly or raise your voice, they get their panties all in a wad... Sometimes even kick you out. Welcome to Brand X.

This place is a bit more of just a plain 'ol bar. There are the occasional fights but they get thrown out to the parking lot and can come back. There are some that have been kicked out for good but they just get a fake mustache (new account under different email) and come back. They have an old wooden bar. Neon signs in the window. Not so hometown as to have the old wood floors stink like stall beer but they certainly could never be considered pretentious. No dress code, and everyone is welcome. So everyone has different views and aren't afraid to talk about them. We've had threads deleted, we've had posts deleted within threads. But that's tapered off quite a bit.

Personally after getting kicked out of BX, I found I really enjoy this place, just for that reason. We've actually talked politics and it was ACTUALLY civil! I remember talking about guns and gun control at one point and it was VERY civil. Those aren't normal but they've happened! We DO try to keep it focused on sports. The bar tender around here lets us all have a good time and only gets into the fray when it gets pretty extreme.

I've always made the analogy between the two sites as bars. There are the Martini Bars, with polished copper and cascade, lit shelving behind the bar to display all the bottles of booze. Hot chicks serving $15 mixed drinks. But damm if every time they open their mouths they sound pretentious, snobby and if you talk badly or raise your voice, they get their panties all in a wad... Sometimes even kick you out. Welcome to Brand X.

This place is a bit more of just a plain 'ol bar. There are the occasional fights but they get thrown out to the parking lot and can come back. There are some that have been kicked out for good but they just get a fake mustache (new account under different email) and come back. They have an old wooden bar. Neon signs in the window. Not so hometown as to have the old wood floors stink like stall beer but they certainly could never be considered pretentious. No dress code, and everyone is welcome. So everyone has different views and aren't afraid to talk about them. We've had threads deleted, we've had posts deleted within threads. But that's tapered off quite a bit.

Personally after getting kicked out of BX, I found I really enjoy this place, just for that reason. We've actually talked politics and it was ACTUALLY civil! I remember talking about guns and gun control at one point and it was VERY civil. Those aren't normal but they've happened! We DO try to keep it focused on sports. The bar tender around here lets us all have a good time and only gets into the fray when it gets pretty extreme.
Scott does an excellent job keeping up with the latest recruiting reports and WSU stories as well. I appreciate it.

That ginger moderator has a handle over here he hasn't used in a while. GingerCoug I believe hasn't posted since before the coaching change. This last siting was taken Nov. 28th 2011'. Later reports are that he's doing much better....Thank goodness.

pepepepeweb.jpg
Milk was a bad choice...

I came in looking for the hot bartenders and ended up in the parking lot missing a kidney.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif

No damn politics on this board! We need to have a place to escape politics...which is increasingly difficult to find.

Lovingly, the board cop :D

Reactions: Coug95man2

brand x blows cheese,l i was put on moderator approval because other posters didn't like what I posted about wulff, I guess, the gavel told me I was rude and uncivilized but couldn't elaborate on exactly what I had done. haven't gone over there in ages

No damn politics on this board! We need to have a place to escape politics...which is increasingly difficult to find.

Lovingly, the board cop :D

I see where 86% of CEO's surveyed will use their corporate tax cuts to increase executive bonuses and dividends, not create jobs. And our idiot President thinks they just repealed Obamacare, rather than the fact which is only the mandate was repealed - starting in 2019.

Over half the public was against the tax bill, which clearly benefits the rich and significantly increases the deficit. What a joke. Vote D in 2018.

Reactions: longtimecoug
I see where 86% of CEO's surveyed will use their corporate tax cuts to increase executive bonuses and dividends, not create jobs. And our idiot President thinks they just repealed Obamacare, rather than the fact which is only the mandate was repealed - starting in 2019.

Over half the public was against the tax bill, which clearly benefits the rich and significantly increases the deficit. What a joke. Vote D in 2018.
You suck...:);)

Last edited:

Lies. Damn lies.

The government deserves none of our money...no matter how much or how little any of us makes.

Vote D if you want less freedom and bigger government to control your life. Let's remember that the areas of the country with the highest income inequality have the highest percentage of Democrat voters. Imagine that.

Sorry, CrimsonDisciple -- hard to believe a guy like you (or you, DGibbons) would get banned over there. I'm on good terms there but I don't understand why they're so quick to ban people who contribute meaningfully, in some cases for a long time, but then have some kind of take they don't like.

The laughs I get from this thread is a great example of why I like this board. This is a thread that simply could not have taken place at BX.

It's okay. We took a big hit when Britton flipped to Brand Y.

We had him secured, he understood the boards Wulffiti's and I though he had the medicine.but brand Y came along and offered him. We spent a lot of time developing him, training him, all those threads...all that moderation....You think a guy has loyalty and then BAM. Next thing you know he's on the CougCenter Hour yapping about recruits. He doesn't even mention us anymore.

I get it he was a big time recruit and we are the misfit board, but hey we took a chance on Britton...and he backstabbed us.

You're dead to me Britton. Dead to me.

Reactions: CougInSpain
Sorry, CrimsonDisciple -- hard to believe a guy like you (or you, DGibbons) would get banned over there. I'm on good terms there but I don't understand why they're so quick to ban people who contribute meaningfully, in some cases for a long time, but then have some kind of take they don't like.

I never thought they would follow through and blacklist me either. They threatened a couple of times a year. Greg Witter saved me as long as I appologized. Well, I’m done appologizing for my opinion. Lately they have been calling criticism ‘customer service issues’ and that the ‘complaints’ shouldn’t be discussed on the message board. Basically, any negativity towards the content of the site was a no go. You must submit or there isn’t a place for you.

Sad, because dgibbons and I helped build that site through our demand of fair evaluations, videos and content..... this when Fetters controlled everything out of Seattle. We changed Scout for the better when we got Chris fired as the head of scouting for the NW........

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT