ADVERTISEMENT

It’s very telling that….

CougInSpain

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2009
Dickert keeps saying it’s on him to coach these guys better and have them prepared to play every game yet, he never fixes the issues that seem to be plaguing our offense. I’ve tried to reserve judgement until he’s had ample time to build his body of work. Welp, the team is actually regressing and he refuses to make the tough decisions needed to put a team on the field that is capable of winning. If he continues to force the square peg through the proverbial round hole, then he will lose Coug nation as we sink further into irrelevancy. Its just sad at this point, to see the pathetic effort on the field each and every week.

Last edited:
One idea is to fire Dickert to save money that isn’t there to pay him anyway, promote Argyle to HC with a $25,000 pay bump and let him fill out the Asst coach roster with his high school buddies.

I mean, what else is there?

What coach over 30, with a future, will come to a team with no conference, no schedule, no TV exposure, that’s looking to slash million$ from its budget?

Reactions: spongeandshoot
Dickert keeps saying it’s on him to coach these guys better and have them prepared to play every game yet, he never fixes the issues that seem to be plaguing our offense. I’ve tried to reserve judgement until he’s had ample time to build his body of work. Welp, the team is actually regressing and he refuses to make the tough decisions needed to put a team on the field that is capable of winning. If he continues to force the square peg through the proverbial round hole, then he will lose Coug nation as we sink further into irrelevancy. Its just sad at this point, to see the pathetic effort on the field each and every week.
The defense DID improve this week with, presumably, dickert taking more of a role as we are starting to see more of #18 (al-Uqdah) and even #44 (Terrell)

However, it seems also pretty clear that #15 (Schlenbaker) should have been playing more and sooner. That's all I have to say about that.

The defense DID improve this week with, presumably, dickert taking more of a role as we are starting to see more of #18 (al-Uqdah) and even #44 (Terrell)

However, it seems also pretty clear that #15 (Schlenbaker) should have been playing more and sooner. That's all I have to say about that.
Did the defense improve? Or just line up against a dreadful offense?

Reactions: Cougini5591

You know who should have been playing, DT Sheffield . He was the one slit who could put run anyone and he had great ability to cut on a dime . But… he quit. You know why he didn’t get on the field ? He didn’t know his routes and cost Williams a TD because he ran a defender into the area .

I think 15 has ability. So did Jenkins . We don’t know what happens in practice so I i will give the RB coach some slack.

Did they really improve, or did they play the worst offense they’ve faced since Northern Colorado, and in bad weather?

Did they really improve, or did they play the worst offense they’ve faced since Northern Colorado, and in bad weather?
Probably a bit of both. At least they showed some life. They stopped them on 4th and short. Let’s not forget Stanford scored 10 against Grinch and SC. Yeah, they stink.

As for the weather, it was bad in the first quarter. It was fine the rest of the game. Barely sprinkled after that. Not an excuse for either offense for the last three quarters.

True. Stanford didn't play well yesterday and missed some throws. But they have put up 0ver 40 and over 30 their last 2 games. I saw much more effort and rally in the D yesterday. Certainly enough to have won. Taihtsat

You know who should have been playing, DT Sheffield . He was the one slit who could put run anyone and he had great ability to cut on a dime . But… he quit. You know why he didn’t get on the field ? He didn’t know his routes and cost Williams a TD because he ran a defender into the area .

I think 15 has ability. So did Jenkins . We don’t know what happens in practice so I i will give the RB coach some slack.
Ed - lay off the beer in the AM. "Slit" has a whole different meaning than whatever you were trying to describe......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT