ADVERTISEMENT

James Williams signs with Colts

Reactions: YakiCoug
Boobie needs, in all likelihood, a year on a practice squad for a coach who has a defined role in mind for him. And that coach will need to be there next season too.

his agent, Dickerson, played for the Colts, FYI. Cheering for Boobie, but man I wish he would have stayed here another year. For himself (finish school) and this team.

Thanks, Yaki. I count 8 or 9 Ducks getting at least a touch on that play.

I will probably never tire of watching the replay....

his agent, Dickerson, played for the Colts, FYI. Cheering for Boobie, but man I wish he would have stayed here another year. For himself (finish school) and this team.

I wish the same for Jalen Thompson . Wish he didn’t get popped and finished school as well. But hopefully he sticks and makes a name for himself .

People need really need to stop getting jacked up every time Williams signs one of these deals. They are basically one day paid interviews/ look overs. At this stage of pre-season planned rosters are getting firm, players simply do not walk off the street and grab a spot.

I guess too bad for the guy, but it is not as if people with far more experience and his best interest in mind did not warn him.

Clearly should have stayed in school. He only has himself to blame. He listened to what he wanted to hear only. I understand all his reasons for declaring, but it clearly was the wrong decision. His only hope is getting in the XFL and maybe getting a shot at the CFL. NFL window is so small and if he doesn’t catch to something during this season that window will be closed. It really sucks for the guy because everybody wants him to make it but dude made his own bed.

If I was him I'd be shooting for xfl make some money and debut more for nfl

Or goto XFL, then CFL, then NFL.

Kind of like Warren Moon, Doug Flutie, many others.

I still think in time,with proper support,development, that James, can kind of be almost like, almost similar to what Reggie Bush was in the NFL, a 1st string, 2nd string, 3rd string, RB, where they get him the ball by pitch,catch, off tackle, between guard and tackle where get to the outside or where there is OPEN SPACE, OPEN FIELD, where he can make the defender miss, or run around, by, etc, for about a 4.4 yard to 5.9 yard to 10 to 13 yard gain, move the chains, get a 1st down

And that he would be a good fit to do that in a Air Raid type offense in XFL, CFL, NFL.

He just needs to develop, and a chance, and make the most out of that, to do that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT