ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylen Wells to Portal

SaveFerris

Hall Of Fame
Dec 21, 2001
Hopefully Isaiah Watts (& Donald) have some influence here. I believe he has until May 1 to decide whether he stays in the draft.

brandx guys says $600K. I'll go out on a short limb and say the "new member" is Oregon. EDIT: In replies he says he didn't hear dub/Oregon.

And now Isiah Watts is probably next, as Watts, and Rice, and Jones, and Jaki, were, are pretty close.

Even tho Watts said that he wants to stay, and even tho his father said that he wants to stay, they also said that whether he stayed would depend on who hired, situation, etc.

The WHOLE ENTIRE TEAM LEAVING, ALMOST EVERY LAST PLAYER LEAVING, I can't imagine Watts staying as the only player that didn't leave, combined with based on who was hired, grabbing bench players from Big Sky, etc, WHAT A MESS, FCK UP, ANNE, SCHULTZ, who can, would blame Watts for leaving after that COLLOSAL SCREW UP.

But that's what you get when you either go cheap, get a big sky coach, don't hire Shaw, that whole team, past and present, NBA pro players, others that credible recommended, wanted that the current players wanted, or dont hire Henderson.

Let's see how much more you can FCK it up, have it go wrong, bad Schultz, ER V Lane Rawlins, Anne, etc.

Less then 6 to 9 to 12 wins here WSU, and we come.

Thanks Schultz, Anne, NOT

This is such a shame. With Wells on this team, I think it is a very very good team. I have no inside info, but this is likely 100% NIL related. Recruiting is so much different than it was just a year or two ago. There used to be relationship building with recruits. That is no longer the game. John Canzano was talking to Chip Kelly before he quit UCLA to become the OC at Ohio State. Canzano was talking to him about the advantage of recruiting players to the sun and beaches of LA. Kelly told him NIL beats the sun and beaches every time.

And now Isiah Watts is probably next, as Watts, and Rice, and Jones, and Jaki, were, are pretty close.

Even tho Watts said that he wants to stay, and even tho his father said that he wants to stay, they also said that whether he stayed would depend on who hired, situation, etc.

The WHOLE ENTIRE TEAM LEAVING, ALMOST EVERY LAST PLAYER LEAVING, I can't imagine Watts staying as the only player that didn't leave, combined with based on who was hired, grabbing bench players from Big Sky, etc, WHAT A MESS, FCK UP, ANNE, SCHULTZ, who can, would blame Watts for leaving after that COLLOSAL SCREW UP.

But that's what you get when you either go cheap, get a big sky coach, don't hire Shaw, that whole team, past and present, NBA pro players, others that credible recommended, wanted that the current players wanted, or dont hire Henderson.

Let's see how much more you can FCK it up, have it go wrong, bad Schultz, ER V Lane Rawlins, Anne, etc.

This is completely NIL $$$$ related. I have an idea, why don't you donate a few million to NIL and we return the entire team.

This is completely NIL $$$$ related. I have an idea, why don't you donate a few million to NIL and we return the entire team.
Well F-. How can a school afford $600K for one player? What's the rest of their team going to demand?

His new team I mean....

Well F-. How can a school afford $600K for one player? What's the rest of their team going to demand?

His new team I mean....
IU is rumored to have put together $3M for 3 players in Ballo, Rice, and Carlyle. There's plenty of $s available in the "marketplace", we just don't have much or nearly enough of it to compete.

IU is rumored to have put together $3M for 3 players in Ballo, Rice, and Carlyle. There's plenty of $s available in the "marketplace", we just don't have much or nearly enough of it to compete.
Yeah, the money that is being thrown around is insane. I just have a hard time believing this can continue. People will want a return on investment and with every winner, there is a loser. So, I think people that are "donating" big money to NIL are going to rethink giving as much money in the future.

Yeah, the money that is being thrown around is insane. I just have a hard time believing this can continue. People will want a return on investment and with every winner, there is a loser. So, I think people that are "donating" big money to NIL are going to rethink giving as much money in the future.
It’s hard to know especially when it slows down. There always was a lot of money flowing under the table. Now probably significantly more since it isn’t cheating and the casual booster can thrown in a few more dollars. How much more though is anyone’s guess. I don’t think the T. Boone types are going too slow down.

I do agree at some point it's will inevitably slow down. Maybe at some point it moves to true endorsements instead of pay-for-play.

Actually Mik this is what happens when you are not first tier in support of athletics. Which WSU fans are not.

But moreoever why on Earth would you thnik that Shaw would be a good Head Coach at the WCC level, which is where we currently are found? You just spout crap. Shaw is so 19th century and there is after all a reason why his name is not mentioned for "any" job above the assistant level.

The blame is 100% on WSU Athletic support and our lack of giving millions to athletics. Frankly you take shots at the EWU players we recruit, who BTW beat our butts 2 out of 3. You take shots at the new HC who also beat our butts 2 out of 3.

Wells would be a fool not to take 600,000 to play a year, same as rice, same as Rodman, same as all who got more money in the portal.

Hate to see him go, but it doesn't surprise me. Of all the players on last year's team Wells is the one that could consistently create his own shot when need. I think he has NBA potential and more upside than Rice, at $600,000 I don't blame him, he's a modest kid, and I am sure it surprised him. 3 million in NIL money can buy you a tournament team, some teams stepped up big time. That seems to be what the power schools are doing. I do believe NIL will make March Madness less interesting in the future. A team can get hot one game and surprise people, but as the lesser teams lose key players to NIL, the chances of that happening are slimmer. Wells is a good kid, as were Rice and Yaki, I wish them the best.

Actually Mik this is what happens when you are not first tier in support of athletics. Which WSU fans are not.

But moreoever why on Earth would you thnik that Shaw would be a good Head Coach at the WCC level, which is where we currently are found? You just spout crap. Shaw is so 19th century and there is after all a reason why his name is not mentioned for "any" job above the assistant level.

The blame is 100% on WSU Athletic support and our lack of giving millions to athletics. Frankly you take shots at the EWU players we recruit, who BTW beat our butts 2 out of 3. You take shots at the new HC who also beat our butts 2 out of 3.

Wells would be a fool not to take 600,000 to play a year, same as rice, same as Rodman, same as all who got more money in the portal.
In addition EWU won the regular season title in the Big Sky which was 3-3 vs the WCC last year. Including a victory by its fourth place team Weber State over WCC champion Saint Marys

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT