ADVERTISEMENT

JDL is letting his feelings be known....

How...they get there is "injustices" that are unfair. It's the way of the world. They also get this is such a minor problem. And as I have told them it will get worked out to where eventually they will have a special division and competition. But how many trans kids are participating in sports that you know of country wide? 10? How many states have come up with laws that make it mandatory you compete with with the sex that was on their birth certificate.

You want to know what is "unfair". What Bellevue High did for years in football. That is unfair. What Nathan Hale and Brandon Roy did 5 years ago where the AAU coach was in his first year, took my daughter's best player from her high school and he "moved" to the Nathan Hale district and played for- that was unfair. That same team taking a player away from Garfield...that was unfair.

West Seattle girls hoops. You had a McPhee who played at I believe Ranier and they won a title. Mom saw a good AAU team and moved her daughter to West Seattle. Also four kids from that AAU team all off a sudden moved from their school to West Seattle. When West Seattle didn't win three years ago, Megan Fiso (now a Michigan player) then jumped ship to Garfield along with two other kids from other schools. Garfield won the state championship game over Lake Washington with three players that weren't on the roster in 2019.

So ask my girls what they see is more prevalent and more of an injustice?

Don't change the subject to Bellevue High.

If that was your daughter and she was competing with a tranny...you might have a different viewpoint. But then again, you rationalize anything to fit your woke leftism. It makes you feel better.

But the principle is what matters at the end of the day...not that it involves just a few people. It is unfair and it is unjust. To explain it away is weak character and wokeism.

How...they get there is "injustices" that are unfair. It's the way of the world. They also get this is such a minor problem. And as I have told them it will get worked out to where eventually they will have a special division and competition. But how many trans kids are participating in sports that you know of country wide? 10? How many states have come up with laws that make it mandatory you compete with with the sex that was on their birth certificate.

You want to know what is "unfair". What Bellevue High did for years in football. That is unfair. What Nathan Hale and Brandon Roy did 5 years ago where the AAU coach was in his first year, took my daughter's best player from her high school and he "moved" to the Nathan Hale district and played for- that was unfair. That same team taking a player away from Garfield...that was unfair.

West Seattle girls hoops. You had a McPhee who played at I believe Ranier and they won a title. Mom saw a good AAU team and moved her daughter to West Seattle. Also four kids from that AAU team all off a sudden moved from their school to West Seattle. When West Seattle didn't win three years ago, Megan Fiso (now a Michigan player) then jumped ship to Garfield along with two other kids from other schools. Garfield won the state championship game over Lake Washington with three players that weren't on the roster in 2019.

So ask my girls what they see is more prevalent and more of an injustice?

So you recognized all these examples as unjust and unfair and threw up your hands and did nothing. That's real courage Ed. Great stuff. You're a helluva dad.

Clearly you don't understand how the power of influence and manipulation can alter one's decision making. Especially if said person(s) are easily influenced. Elderly tend to fall into that category. But I don't expect someone who doubled down on the Covid stupidity to comprehend such a complex issue.
But voting is so complex and difficult and hard for the dumb people we pretend to like and support! Right Willie?

If that was your daughter and she was competing with a tranny...you might have a different viewpoint. But then again, you rationalize anything to fit your woke leftism. It makes you feel better.

But the principle is what matters at the end of the day...not that it involves just a few people. It is unfair and it is unjust. To explain it away is weak character and wokeism.
You used the word "unfair". I simply point out instances that are "unfair". They exist in our world. If you want to change the word from "unfair" to another adjective, then maybe there will be something to discuss.

My life experiences has shown me some of your positions for society change. 2000 gay marriage and equality for those who are gay was deeply frowned upon. Just like one member on this board has called trans people pedophiles. Not sure why it would be so hard just to say "I don't agree with it and i want to infringe on your rights." Why the extra fluff in demonizing this people like they are priests. See, I can do it as well.

Tell me about the inequity and the uproar and the number of kids taking spots of non trans kids. Please tell me about the hundreds of thousands of kids who are being displaced by these trans kids. Yes, I think in due time when it comes to pass there will be a special category for them similar to the special Olympics if they continue to grow.

There was a local kid at birth the gender had to be assigned vs natural assignment if you will. For very religious folks, God made an imperfect sex. So the docs had the parents make a decision to make this baby a girl. The kid went on to be a very successful D1 athlete. Is that "unfair" medical advantages over others?

My kids...there was the annual tourney down in Oregon, biggest tourney of the summer. There was an athlete that looked just like a guy. Frickin kid could jump out of the gym. A human highlight reel. If I were a betting person, she may have been very similar to the local kid who had the assignment at birth. You know who didn't care about the physical differences of this kid... the kids playing against them.

So you recognized all these examples as unjust and unfair and threw up your hands and did nothing. That's real courage Ed. Great stuff. You're a helluva dad.
Just when I was questioning my parenting you give me the thumb's down. The fact you see me that way brightens my day cause that just means I am doing something right cause you are just so wrong.

First, there is an organization in place to watch over these things in the state of Washington. It is the WIAA. Bellevue High was busted eventually. You wanted me to do what regarding BHS?

As for Brandon Roy and Nathan Hale, West Seattle, then the Garfield girls, what is it exactly you thought I should be doing? The people who needed to know did know and chose not to do anything about it.

In terms of being a helluva a dad, I will let those who aren't hiding behind a keyboard, like my daughters, their friends, and my community make that judgement.

Now maybe you can show me those big balls of yours now and answer the question i asked but you wouldn't answer until you had your answer about the trans question....

How is it women think different than men, and how is it some men think like women???

You used the word "unfair". I simply point out instances that are "unfair". They exist in our world. If you want to change the word from "unfair" to another adjective, then maybe there will be something to discuss.

My life experiences has shown me some of your positions for society change. 2000 gay marriage and equality for those who are gay was deeply frowned upon. Just like one member on this board has called trans people pedophiles. Not sure why it would be so hard just to say "I don't agree with it and i want to infringe on your rights." Why the extra fluff in demonizing this people like they are priests. See, I can do it as well.

Tell me about the inequity and the uproar and the number of kids taking spots of non trans kids. Please tell me about the hundreds of thousands of kids who are being displaced by these trans kids. Yes, I think in due time when it comes to pass there will be a special category for them similar to the special Olympics if they continue to grow.

There was a local kid at birth the gender had to be assigned vs natural assignment if you will. For very religious folks, God made an imperfect sex. So the docs had the parents make a decision to make this baby a girl. The kid went on to be a very successful D1 athlete. Is that "unfair" medical advantages over others?

My kids...there was the annual tourney down in Oregon, biggest tourney of the summer. There was an athlete that looked just like a guy. Frickin kid could jump out of the gym. A human highlight reel. If I were a betting person, she may have been very similar to the local kid who had the assignment at birth. You know who didn't care about the physical differences of this kid... the kids playing against them.

Ed, you and anyone who is promoting transgender "girls" participating in sports is 100% wrong on this issue. Overall, I've grown to be a lot more supportive of LGBT rights over the past 20 years and generally disagree with conservative positions on the issues. However, biological boys participating in athletics against girls is absolutely stupid and wrong. This is different than gay marriage because nobody is "harmed" when gay people are married. Girls are losing opportunities to win championships and even the opportunity to participate in a championship because transgender athletes want their shot.

There is a specific reason why it's different than just about any other discussion on LGBT rights. In sports, biological girls are almost always at a competitive disadvantage to biological boys regardless of hormone treatments and other actions. Not every time....but too often. The whole LGBT discussion is about equal and fair treatment. It is inherently unequal and unfair for transgender "girls" to compete because no matter how many drugs are taken and procedures are done, there are always going to be advantages. We don't let female athletes to take "just enough" illegal performance enhancers to put them at the same level as transgender athletes. There was an uproar at the Olympics because a Russian skater had taken a banned substance that may not have even helped her. It's hypocritical to be up in arms about women using banned substances if you are going to allow athletes that by their very biology have the advantages that those banned substances give.

LGBT people put up with a lot of crap, but it doesn't make sense for them to harm another group to make themselves feel better. Fighting these kinds of hypocritical battles is why conservatives feel good about bashing liberal politics. Sometimes......y'all just don't when to stop. We don't need to screw over girls today while people figure out what to do with trans athletes. That kind of stuff is far more harmful to their cause than any good it does.

Ed, you and anyone who is promoting transgender "girls" participating in sports is 100% wrong on this issue. Overall, I've grown to be a lot more supportive of LGBT rights over the past 20 years and generally disagree with conservative positions on the issues. However, biological boys participating in athletics against girls is absolutely stupid and wrong. This is different than gay marriage because nobody is "harmed" when gay people are married. Girls are losing opportunities to win championships and even the opportunity to participate in a championship because transgender athletes want their shot.

There is a specific reason why it's different than just about any other discussion on LGBT rights. In sports, biological girls are almost always at a competitive disadvantage to biological boys regardless of hormone treatments and other actions. Not every time....but too often. The whole LGBT discussion is about equal and fair treatment. It is inherently unequal and unfair for transgender "girls" to compete because no matter how many drugs are taken and procedures are done, there are always going to be advantages. We don't let female athletes to take "just enough" illegal performance enhancers to put them at the same level as transgender athletes. There was an uproar at the Olympics because a Russian skater had taken a banned substance that may not have even helped her. It's hypocritical to be up in arms about women using banned substances if you are going to allow athletes that by their very biology have the advantages that those banned substances give.

LGBT people put up with a lot of crap, but it doesn't make sense for them to harm another group to make themselves feel better. Fighting these kinds of hypocritical battles is why conservatives feel good about bashing liberal politics. Sometimes......y'all just don't when to stop. We don't need to screw over girls today while people figure out what to do with trans athletes. That kind of stuff is far more harmful to their cause than any good it does.
For f sake flat....I have said 5 times now it will work itself out, that they will compete in their own arena. I wish that was set up currently. But when someone asks me about my kids and the unfairness of it, my kids work through it in the short term. Life is unfair. Do I believe there will be a more equitable solution? Yep. But in the main issues, how many trans kids are taking up trophies meant for other women? It isn't on their radar, just like gender ID in K-3 grade. Just like in Virginia where they made an issue out of CRT when it wasn't even taught in high schools in the counties they were protesting.

Again, and please read this twice, I am not in full support of trans kids participating in girls sports, however, there are bigger crime's and bigger fish to fry than the limited amount of kids crossing over. And please read this again, in the long term there will be a much better solution. And in two years if the numbers grow to be absurd where so many biological boys are dominating or taking up a decent proportion of girls sports, then I vote for that situation to change.

For f sake flat....I have said 5 times now it will work itself out, that they will compete in their own arena. I wish that was set up currently. But when someone asks me about my kids and the unfairness of it, my kids work through it in the short term. Life is unfair. Do I believe there will be a more equitable solution? Yep. But in the main issues, how many trans kids are taking up trophies meant for other women? It isn't on their radar, just like gender ID in K-3 grade. Just like in Virginia where they made an issue out of CRT when it wasn't even taught in high schools in the counties they were protesting.

Again, and please read this twice, I am not in full support of trans kids participating in girls sports, however, there are bigger crime's and bigger fish to fry than the limited amount of kids crossing over. And please read this again, in the long term there will be a much better solution. And in two years if the numbers grow to be absurd where so many biological boys are dominating or taking up a decent proportion of girls sports, then I vote for that situation to change.
ED, you keep asking “how many” trans kids are taking trophy’s? The answer is some, and that’s too many.

I’ve been asking the “how many” question for years regarding the sociopolitical focus on Transpeople in America. We have a grossly disproportionate emphasis on trans people given their microscopic demographic, yet when the ridiculous topic of allowing biological men to compete in women’s athletics is brought up, people (like you) ask “yea, but how many people does it really impact?”

Frankly, I’m disappointed that the lesbian community hasn’t taken a more vocal stance against this absurdity.

The problem that you (and the folks fighting this battle) continue to fail to understand is that you are alienating millions of people with this fight because you feel that the LGBT people must have their moments RIGHT NOW. For whatever reason, it's been decided by some that the feelings of a few trans athleted are more important than all of the girls competing against him/her/they/them or whatever the else that they want to be called. Again, I'm supportive on just about everything else these days......but screwing over girls and denying them opportunity because LGBT folks are worried about their feelings ONLY is counterproductive and it turns me off when it comes to supporting in other areas. And I'm not the only one that feels that way.

The problem that you (and the folks fighting this battle) continue to fail to understand is that you are alienating millions of people with this fight because you feel that the LGBT people must have their moments RIGHT NOW. For whatever reason, it's been decided by some that the feelings of a few trans athleted are more important than all of the girls competing against him/her/they/them or whatever the else that they want to be called. Again, I'm supportive on just about everything else these days......but screwing over girls and denying them opportunity because LGBT folks are worried about their feelings ONLY is counterproductive and it turns me off when it comes to supporting in other areas. And I'm not the only one that feels that way.
It’s a good example of how people have become incapable of independent thought. Their minds have been unconsciously synchronized with their political affiliations.

I mean, we’re debating whether biological men have competitive advantages over biological women. There is no debate. There’s no rational thought to the contrary without undermining the validity of WOMEN’S athletics.

I certainly don't like wokeism. Despise it in fact.

But you sit here and question my brothers parenting...then you throw out terms like "tranny" and "think like a woman".

If this is how you teach your kids to speak...or the example you give them, I suggest looking in the mirror.

My nieces are young adults now...and I can promise you they would never have such ignorant things leave their mouth.

ED, you keep asking “how many” trans kids are taking trophy’s? The answer is some, and that’s too many.

I’ve been asking the “how many” question for years regarding the sociopolitical focus on Transpeople in America. We have a grossly disproportionate emphasis on trans people given their microscopic demographic, yet when the ridiculous topic of allowing biological men to compete in women’s athletics is brought up, people (like you) ask “yea, but how many people does it really impact?”

Frankly, I’m disappointed that the lesbian community hasn’t taken a more vocal stance against this absurdity.
It is an easy question to answer. I can't believe I am going down this rabbit hole with you. The question was asked of me and my parenting how do you tell your kids to deal with this. First, they don't care. That would be answer number one. When you or someone else write it isn't fair, I can easily point to things that aren't fair and are done in much greater proportion. You think it is fair for kids who don't live in a school district to play for a team of their choosing and taking spots for kids that actually live in that district. This is unfair and happens at a much much much greater frequency that x amount of trans kids participating

Here is one set of numbers I came up with. In NC in 2019 and 2020 there were 10 trans kids participating in sports. TEN. You say one is too many cause it isn't fair. Change the word fair and we can have a different conversation. Do you know how many of those 10 kids were biological boys at birth unfairly playing in the girls realm.

Am I endorsing it? Nope. Am I thinking this is an out of control trend? Nope. Do I think the numbers will explode, nope. Do I think states will take measures whether they explode or not? Yep.

I certainly don't like wokeism. Despise it in fact.

But you sit here and question my brothers parenting...then you throw out terms like "tranny" and "think like a woman".

If this is how you teach your kids to speak...or the example you give them, I suggest looking in the mirror.

My nieces are young adults now...and I can promise you they would never have such ignorant things leave their mouth.

So why do you believe that thinking like a woman is inferior? Perhaps I believe it is equal but different from men (and no one can rationally deny this)? Does that not reveal your belief that their thinking process is inferior? Sure seems like it. Keep digging though...

So why do you believe that thinking like a woman is inferior? Perhaps I believe it is equal but different from men (and no one can rationally deny this)? Does that not reveal your belief that their thinking process is inferior? Sure seems like it. Keep digging though...

I don't...which is why I have said I would like Kristi Noem and Tulsi Gabbard to be president and vice president.

I don't need to keep digging. I am referring to not only what you said...but how you said it. You used it as a slight. It is there for all to see...as is your use of the term Tranny which is also used as an insult.

I shouldn't have to explain this to you.

I don't...which is why I have said I would like Kristi Noem and Tulsi Gabbard to be president and vice president.

I don't need to keep digging. I am referring to not only what you said...but how you said it. You used it as a slight.

I didn't mean that a woman thinking like a woman as a slight. You may have interpreted it that way, but that's not on me.

I would certainly take those two as our leaders over the current corrupt morons we have at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave and our current unserious cackling VP.

Can I give you a double for F sake.... Seriously. I was asked how would your daughters feel if they had to compete against a tran kid. I said they wouldn't care, and when used the words "it isn't fair" I simply have told them life isn't fair. I told you what I think will happen long term. I could also see someone like Lia Thomas, I think that is her name being eligible in track or other individual sports but not eligible for awards. I could also see where states will ban the kids, and I also could see where there is a special division among states for these athletes.

This is not a "fight for me", especially because the lack of impact on kids to date. Girls get screwed over all the time flat. If it wasn't for WSU and title 9 there wouldn't be woman college sports. I can give you example over example of girls getting screwed over by manipulation of players and teams. My daughters AAU coach who coaches at Lake Washington lost to Garfield in the championship game in 2020. Garfield had three kids transfer in that year. One from West Seattle, one from down south and another from N seattle. In one game, 12 kidsw were impacted by this maneuvering for Lake Washington, and at least three kids that were cut from Garfield to make room for these kids. Compare that to N Carolina and the trans kids, the impact and unfairness isn't even close in terms of the numbers.

Stop saying I am supporting or promoting trans allowed to compete. I said there will eventually be equilibrium. And in the short term, I was asked how my kids were asked to deal with it.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
Can I give you a double for F sake.... Seriously. I was asked how would your daughters feel if they had to compete against a tran kid. I said they wouldn't care, and when used the words "it isn't fair" I simply have told them life isn't fair. I told you what I think will happen long term. I could also see someone like Lia Thomas, I think that is her name being eligible in track or other individual sports but not eligible for awards. I could also see where states will ban the kids, and I also could see where there is a special division among states for these athletes.

This is not a "fight for me", especially because the lack of impact on kids to date. Girls get screwed over all the time flat. If it wasn't for WSU and title 9 there wouldn't be woman college sports. I can give you example over example of girls getting screwed over by manipulation of players and teams. My daughters AAU coach who coaches at Lake Washington lost to Garfield in the championship game in 2020. Garfield had three kids transfer in that year. One from West Seattle, one from down south and another from N seattle. In one game, 12 kidsw were impacted by this maneuvering for Lake Washington, and at least three kids that were cut from Garfield to make room for these kids. Compare that to N Carolina and the trans kids, the impact and unfairness isn't even close in terms of the numbers.

Stop saying I am supporting or promoting trans allowed to compete. I said there will eventually be equilibrium. And in the short term, I was asked how my kids were asked to deal with it.

Ed- can you tell us what constitutes a woman? A man?

Can hardly wait for this response.

Ed- can you tell us what constitutes a woman? A man?

Can hardly wait for this response.
No more answers for you. I gave you all the answers you requested in a condition to get an answers how men and women think different and what does it look or sound like when a man thinks like a woman. Shouldn't have been that difficult to answer.

No more answers for you. I gave you all the answers you requested in a condition to get an answers how men and women think different and what does it look or sound like when a man thinks like a woman. Shouldn't have been that difficult to answer.

Okay. If I answer those questions you'll answer mine?

You only like asking questions, right?

Okay. If I answer those questions you'll answer mine?

You only like asking questions, right?
Oh I do like asking questions instead of assuming . You made a deal already and failed to live up to it . So no soup for you. (and I would have zero problem answer your latest question)

Last edited:
The trans athlete compromise should be SOMETHING like this: if you are under 16 (have to pick some arbitrary age) you cannot compete in a sport opposite the gender you were born "with" if you have competed as the opposite gender within the past 2 years (again an arbitrary number). That would overlap with MOST kids' benefits attained by going through puberty where clear competitive advantages to males is gained (muscle mass, bone density, height, wing span, lung capacity). And if you are 21 you cannot have competed in the last 5 years in the opposite gender.

Other or more fine-tuned parameters I'm sure could be made. Taihtsat

The trans athlete compromise should be SOMETHING like this: if you are under 16 (have to pick some arbitrary age) you cannot compete in a sport opposite the gender you were born "with" if you have competed as the opposite gender within the past 2 years (again an arbitrary number). That would overlap with MOST kids' benefits attained by going through puberty where clear competitive advantages to males is gained (muscle mass, bone density, height, wing span, lung capacity). And if you are 21 you cannot have competed in the last 5 years in the opposite gender.

There should be zero compromise other than trans categories.

Oh I do like asking questions instead of assuming . You made a deal already and failed to live up to it . So no soup for you. (and I would have zero problem answer your latest question)

So you believe that men and women think the same way.

You realize this assertion violates decades of scientific study as well as eons of observable behavior?

Need a trans only category. Then these attention wholesale who want to cause societal chaos and irrationality will have to STFU.

My daughter ran cross country and track and she thinks it's unfair for transgender athletes to be competing. She isn't as adamant as a lot of folks though.

My daughter ran cross country and track and she thinks it's unfair for transgender athletes to be competing. She isn't as adamant as a lot of folks though.
Yes it is unfair. Ask your daughter how many trans kids she competed against in all of her years of competing.

My youngest competed in AAU soccer since 4th grade, aau hoops since the same. Participated in three high school sports all four years. She never participated against one.

Yes it is unfair. Again when How asked how I dealt with it with my kids, life isn't fair. We have seen men and women stack the deck against kids by blowing across school boundaries taking opportunities away from kids in their own district. That happens 100,000 more times than a kid running against a tranny kid.

Flat I am not advocating for these kids to go across lines, but I with my kids are putting into perspective. Ask my kids the same question and they will give the EXACT same answer as your daughter.

There are so many more issues in this world that needs to be dealt with. I bet there are not more than 400 cases a year where there is gender issues, and I bet there aren't more than 200 where the unfair nature of a boy transitioning to a girl participate in high school athletics. And I would probably guess as we move through time these kids will participate in individual sports but will not be eligible for an award.

My God... when the first trans CC dude competes. It'll be a blood bath.
Go one step further...what about a four year college? Could you imagine schools standing in line to get "baby Shaq"? Do you really believe if there was a kid in the state of Washington that the UW and WSU wouldn't look at the possibility of recruiting that kid?

Playing at a CC will be a piece of cake.

Go one step further...what about a four year college? Could you imagine schools standing in line to get "baby Shaq"? Do you really believe if there was a kid in the state of Washington that the UW and WSU wouldn't look at the possibility of recruiting that kid?

Playing at a CC will be a piece of cake.
I was referring to cross country, not community college. The difference between boys and girls 5k times is huge.

There are so many more issues in this world that needs to be dealt with. I bet there are not more than 400 cases a year where there is gender issues, and I bet there aren't more than 200 where the unfair nature of a boy transitioning to a girl participate in high school athletics. And I would probably guess as we move through time these kids will participate in individual sports but will not be eligible for an award.
Yes, which is precisely why we need to deal with this silly issue NOW, before it balloons into another never ending spotlight-stealing political chip argument.

If we’re basing our decisions on which issues to collectively focus on, why are we even talking about the trans community at all? They represent approximately .004% of the US population.

Yes, which is precisely why we need to deal with this silly issue NOW, before it balloons into another never ending spotlight-stealing political chip argument.

If we’re basing our decisions on which issues to collectively focus on, why are we even talking about the trans community at all? They represent approximately .004% of the US population.
But their rights and civil liberties are FAR MORE important than non-trans people. Thought you already knew that?

Yes it is unfair. Ask your daughter how many trans kids she competed against in all of her years of competing.

My youngest competed in AAU soccer since 4th grade, aau hoops since the same. Participated in three high school sports all four years. She never participated against one.

Yes it is unfair. Again when How asked how I dealt with it with my kids, life isn't fair. We have seen men and women stack the deck against kids by blowing across school boundaries taking opportunities away from kids in their own district. That happens 100,000 more times than a kid running against a tranny kid.

Flat I am not advocating for these kids to go across lines, but I with my kids are putting into perspective. Ask my kids the same question and they will give the EXACT same answer as your daughter.

Here's the thing. You say that there are very few cases. If there are so few....why do they NEED to compete? Life is unfair....but in your view, the unfairness shouldn't be put on the transgender person. It must be borne by the others around them. Again, I generally don't have any issue with saying that we need to treat transgender people better.....but that doesn't mean that everyone else should bend over backwards on every single issue that they feel is important to them, particularly when there are transgender boys/girls/whatever winning championships that they shouldn't be competing to win.

I don't buy into the BS politics about bathrooms and age of consent and all that. The vast majority of that is posturing and team politics and it's dumb. This is one area that I vehemently disagree with the LGBT community on and a lot of other people are in the same boat as me. They are fighting a battle that is going to sour folks that otherwise might be supportive. They may win this battle....but it's one of those battles that may harm their fight to win the war against discrimination overall. It's a stupid hill for the LGBT community to die on.

Here's the thing. You say that there are very few cases. If there are so few....why do they NEED to compete? Life is unfair....but in your view, the unfairness shouldn't be put on the transgender person. It must be borne by the others around them. Again, I generally don't have any issue with saying that we need to treat transgender people better.....but that doesn't mean that everyone else should bend over backwards on every single issue that they feel is important to them, particularly when there are transgender boys/girls/whatever winning championships that they shouldn't be competing to win.

I don't buy into the BS politics about bathrooms and age of consent and all that. The vast majority of that is posturing and team politics and it's dumb. This is one area that I vehemently disagree with the LGBT community on and a lot of other people are in the same boat as me. They are fighting a battle that is going to sour folks that otherwise might be supportive. They may win this battle....but it's one of those battles that may harm their fight to win the war against discrimination overall. It's a stupid hill for the LGBT community to die on.
Not sure I disagree with much of what you said, other than it will always be an issue. There could be a social issue that may affect 10 people, and politicians will make it a wedge issue. Different issue but an issue none-the-less.

I will say this with a lot of confidence, if the gay community in 2000 had more patience and didn't let gay marriage and gay rights become a central issue for George Bush the election would have turned out different, and gay rights still would have made it into the mainstream.

Let me ask your daughter this...not you but your daughter. If she had to compete against a trans in track, but the trans could not stand on the podium but got a participation medal, who she care even less?

I don't think this is a "silly" issue at all, but I think I get where you are coming from. While the reach of this is likely extremely limited IMO it's actually pretty fascinating on a number of levels.

Because it is a fundamental issue on whether we are going to be rational or not in very fundamental arenas of life. Dont kid yourself, the LGBTQIA+ nazis take this as a war. It is of utmost importance to that nutty group. This is a good clue that they understand the stakes. It is about deconstructing society. This is what some are not understanding. People like Ed.

Reactions: TrumpCoug
Because it is a fundamental issue on whether we are going to be rational or not in very fundamental arenas of life. Dont kid yourself, the LGBTQIA+ nazis take this as a war. It is of utmost importance to that nutty group. This is a good clue that they understand the stakes. It is about deconstructing society. This is what some are not understanding. People like Ed.

I don't believe that it's about "deconstructing society" but I do believe that LGBT groups have gotten so caught up in pursuing their own causes that they are willing to ignore that other people have a right to have feelings too.

I don't believe that it's about "deconstructing society" but I do believe that LGBT groups have gotten so caught up in pursuing their own causes that they are willing to ignore that other people have a right to have feelings too.
That is a tough intersection, or can be. Do we change what people consider the "norms" for what appears to be a very select few? If you said Ed, the states need to ban trans participating in sports, I am not sure I would march down main street. It probably would be kicking the can down the road, but maybe it works out like gay marriage worked itself out.

Maybe there is a compromise that can be made where they participate for a ribbon. Maybe that becomes more palatable.

But you asked the question, should the rights of the many be outweighed by the rights of the few. I would say if my daughter competed in an event where there was a trans participant I don't know if her "rights" would be violated. Cause my daughter would still have the right to participate. If your argument is "it is unfair, I may not disagree...but I can think of way more cases of sports not being "fair" to my daughter.

But let me ask you the following question. Let's say in 20 years they decode the DNA on trans kids and find out that for the religious folks God created an imperfect child, or a child that is really part girl and part boy. For the lack of a better term, flaw. Is it "fair" we ban them from participating in sports? Some tough questions for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT