ADVERTISEMENT

JDL is letting his feelings be known....

I don't believe that it's about "deconstructing society" but I do believe that LGBT groups have gotten so caught up in pursuing their own causes that they are willing to ignore that other people have a right to have feelings too.
It's all part of the Critical Theory leftist neo-Marxist political/religious movement to tear down all stabilizing institutions we count on to hold us together as a country. Their goal is destroy culture and make it possible for totalitarian government rule. It is evil and it is dangerous.

You severely underestimate dark forces working in this world to create chaos and evil acts that increase their power and ability to rule over you.

This is what the leftist groomers are seeking.

That is a tough intersection, or can be. Do we change what people consider the "norms" for what appears to be a very select few? If you said Ed, the states need to ban trans participating in sports, I am not sure I would march down main street. It probably would be kicking the can down the road, but maybe it works out like gay marriage worked itself out.

Maybe there is a compromise that can be made where they participate for a ribbon. Maybe that becomes more palatable.

But you asked the question, should the rights of the many be outweighed by the rights of the few. I would say if my daughter competed in an event where there was a trans participant I don't know if her "rights" would be violated. Cause my daughter would still have the right to participate. If your argument is "it is unfair, I may not disagree...but I can think of way more cases of sports not being "fair" to my daughter.

But let me ask you the following question. Let's say in 20 years they decode the DNA on trans kids and find out that for the religious folks God created an imperfect child, or a child that is really part girl and part boy. For the lack of a better term, flaw. Is it "fair" we ban them from participating in sports? Some tough questions for sure.

Ed, you are so morally confused and profoundly naive.

So "participation" is all it is about? You are pulling a sleight of hand.

Like I have said already, the trans folks can have their OWN participation category competing against each other! But they don't want that. They want to undermine societal norms and rational thinking in their neo-Marxist religious cult to deconstruct society so that they gain power over all. You aren't thinking this through Ed.

PS looking forward to your definition of what constitutes and man or what constitutes a woman. This is not hard.

Ed, you are so morally confused and profoundly naive.

So "participation" is all it is about? You are pulling a sleight of hand.

Like I have said already, the trans folks can have their OWN participation category competing against each other! But they don't want that. They want to undermine societal norms and rational thinking in their neo-Marxist religious cult to deconstruct society so that they gain power over all. You aren't thinking this through Ed.

PS looking forward to your definition of what constitutes and man or what constitutes a woman. This is not hard.
Your last paragraph first.....you are correct, it is not hard to answer.

Morally confused? Never. Naive? Been saddled with many adjectives but not that one.

Who is trying to gain power over all? The 500 trans athletes in the US? Sure seems like that is an uphill battle.

Let's talk about those societal norms that have served us so well in the past. It was a norm to wipe the Native Americans off the face of the earth. That at one time was a norm. Was there moral clarity there?

How about chaining up black people. That was a norm. It was also a norm once we removed the chains to not allow them to participate in elections but it was ok to go off and die for the country. That was a norm.

It was a norm to call kids born out of wedlock "bastard children". That was a norm. Is that a norm you are still comfortable with?

How about the norm of not allowing gay people to marry. Still comfy with that norm?

Let me tell you---for me morality extends well beyond the relationship of two individuals. I have a problem with folks who are ok with trying to overturn an election. I can't think of anything more immoral than that. I think it is immoral for those who condone it, excuse it and tell me it isn't what it appears to be.

I think it is immoral to approve of Putin and his autocracy over anyone that the US puts forth.

Last edited:

Morally confused? Never. Naive? Been saddled with many adjectives but not that one.

Who is trying to gain power over all? The 500 trans athletes in the US? Sure seems like that is an uphill battle.

Let's talk about those societal norms that have served us so well in the past. It was a norm to wipe the Native Americans off the face of the earth. That at one time was a norm. Was there moral clarity there?

How about chaining up black people. That was a norm. It was also a norm once we removed the chains to not allow them to participate in elections but it was ok to go off and die for the country. That was a norm.

It was a norm to call kids born out of wedlock "bastard children". That was a norm. Is that a norm you are still comfortable with?

How about the norm of not allowing gay people to marry. Still comfy with that norm?

Let me tell you---for ne morality extends well beyond the relationship two individuals have. I have a problem with folks who are ok with trying to overturn an election. I can't think of anything more immoral than that. I think it is immoral for those who condone it, excuse it and tell me it isn't what it appears to be.

I think it is immoral to approve of Putin and his autocrarcy over anyone that the US puts forth.
THIS! Boom! Taihtsat

Let me tell you---for me morality extends well beyond the relationship of two individuals. I have a problem with folks who are ok with trying to overturn an election. I can't think of anything more immoral than that. I think it is immoral for those who condone it, excuse it and tell me it isn't what it appears to be.

I think it is immoral to approve of Putin and his autocracy over anyone that the US puts forth.
Straw man, meet argument. Your correlating examples are not even close to what is trying to be conveyed yet you just keep on keepin' on don't cha? BTW children born out of wedlock are still called bastards and I am completely comfortable with that being used as a descriptor. Only a sensitive Sally such as yourself would take issue with something so benign. Let's set the record straight here... Transgender women DO NOT belong in women's sports.... PERIOD!

Straw man, meet argument. Your correlating examples are not even close to what is trying to be conveyed yet you just keep on keepin' on don't cha? BTW children born out of wedlock are still called bastards and I am completely comfortable with that being used as a descriptor. Only a sensitive Sally such as yourself would take issue with something so benign. Let's set the record straight here... Transgender women DO NOT belong in women's sports.... PERIOD!
Oh I "keep on" because someone argued I don't get it, that radical leftist trans athletes are coming after our values, do I dare say Christian values, and they are coming after our society norms. I simply put forth our norms that we once held dear haven't always been a "good norm".

Far from sensitive, and far from benign. It is flat out a gross use of the English language directed at children who didn't ask for that "label". But that is what I like about you CIS, there is nothing you could say that would surprise me at this point.

As far as your last statement, what you are saying that you are fine with Trans men playing in men's sports, correct?

I don't believe that it's about "deconstructing society" but I do believe that LGBT groups have gotten so caught up in pursuing their own causes that they are willing to ignore that other people have a right to have feelings too.
There is a fundamental psychological issue with the whole basis of one's sexual orientation being a person's identity. Living your entire life about who or what you do with your genitals is immature at best, psychotic at worst.

That being said, and I really do hate to go there, but I'm not sure which chicken or egg came first: the gay "rights" movement or politicians using it as a political football and identity politics...

How did the gay rights movement turn into Lea "Ankleslapper" Thomas dominating women's swimming? I don't care what adults want to do with their body but you leave the kids out of it, that's where I draw the line.

How did the gay rights movement turn into Lea "Ankleslapper" Thomas dominating women's swimming? I don't care what adults want to do with their body but you leave the kids out of it, that's where I draw the line.
LGBTQIA+

The alphabet list will eventually include all 26 letters and Ed will be smiling.
Well I am certainly surprised you haven’t boycotted those letters in support of the remaining alphabet being unfairly treated .

There is a fundamental psychological issue with the whole basis of one's sexual orientation being a person's identity. Living your entire life about who or what you do with your genitals is immature at best, psychotic at worst.

That being said, and I really do hate to go there, but I'm not sure which chicken or egg came first: the gay "rights" movement or politicians using it as a political football and identity politics...

To be fair though, there are plenty of straight dudes out there that allow their lives to be defined by how many vaginas that they get into. LOL.

I do agree that there are plenty of LGBT people out there that understand that they don't need to be in your face about their orientation. I work with a gal who has a female partner and the only reason that I know is that her partner drops her off at work on occasion. I have another female associate in my engineering society that I've known for about five years and I only recently found out that she was a lesbian when she mentioned in passing that she was moving to Arizona to be back with an old girlfriend. We never talked about our personal lives in that fashion and there's really no need for it.

When it really comes down to it, as long as other people aren't being negatively impacted....I don't care what other people do with their lives and I don't judge LGBT people differently when I interact with them. We all have our "isms" and differences.

On your last paragraph....at one point in time, there was a real need for a gay rights movement and our society is in a better place than it was 30 years ago. It predated the political football part of it. However, just like labor unions......a good thing can become a bad thing when they start getting their way. At some point, activists (and labor unions) feel like they have to keep fighting for a better standard of living even when there isn't a rational need to fight.

Reactions: Coug90
Lgbtqa+ is just another entity for leftists and corporations to hide behind. So far they grab the nearest black, jew, gay person or transgender and use them as a shield, calling you the appropriate phobic in retaliation to any disagreement you may have with their decision making.

It's a strategy to add another layer of protection against cancel culture that they themselves created. Such a disgusting mess

Lgbtqa+ is just another entity for leftists and corporations to hide behind. So far they grab the nearest black, jew, gay person or transgender and use them as a shield, calling you the appropriate phobic in retaliation to any disagreement you may have with their decision making.

It's a strategy to add another layer of protection against cancel culture that they themselves created. Such a disgusting mess
Cancel culture … you mean “boycott”. Sounds so much less “sinister”. Like socliasm versus “corporate subsidies”or corporate bailouts .

When people don’t like a service , or a comment they “boycott” a person or product .

To be fair though, there are plenty of straight dudes out there that allow their lives to be defined by how many vaginas that they get into. LOL.

I do agree that there are plenty of LGBT people out there that understand that they don't need to be in your face about their orientation. I work with a gal who has a female partner and the only reason that I know is that her partner drops her off at work on occasion. I have another female associate in my engineering society that I've known for about five years and I only recently found out that she was a lesbian when she mentioned in passing that she was moving to Arizona to be back with an old girlfriend. We never talked about our personal lives in that fashion and there's really no need for it.

When it really comes down to it, as long as other people aren't being negatively impacted....I don't care what other people do with their lives and I don't judge LGBT people differently when I interact with them. We all have our "isms" and differences.

On your last paragraph....at one point in time, there was a real need for a gay rights movement and our society is in a better place than it was 30 years ago. It predated the political football part of it. However, just like labor unions......a good thing can become a bad thing when they start getting their way. At some point, activists (and labor unions) feel like they have to keep fighting for a better standard of living even when there isn't a rational need to fight.
Not sure if I agree with your first point, but even if it were true you don't see the "we smash mad vag" parades.
I understand that for many, the traumas they endure can and does affect them and sometimes define them. My point is, if you reduce yourself to "a cancer survivor" or "queer" or "flaming homosexual", then you can't be surprised when/ if people seem to shun you, because honestly most of us can't relate and/or are too nervous or shy to ask about it. (I italicized "seem" because I feel that is how it is perceived, but not necessarily how it is meant.)

"Chemo huh? Well, that had to suck."
"First BJ huh? Well, that had to suck." (sorry, couldn't help myself...)

Last edited:

FWIW, the habit of throwing out the term "cancel culture" is so freakin' lazy. The right is all about cancelling cultures and people as long as the people and cultures being cancelled aren't their own. I hope that someday, the American people open their eyes and realize that they are being played by both sides of the political spectrum and quit letting themselves get led around. Again...that goes both ways, right and left.

Reactions: CougEd
As far as your last statement, what you are saying that you are fine with Trans men playing in men's sports, correct?

OMG LOL! Your jokes are hilarious! Let me see if I understand you correctly.... Are you making the claim that trans men hold superior physical characteristics/attributes over real men?

OMG LOL! Your jokes are hilarious! Let me see if I understand you correctly.... Are you making the claim that trans men hold superior physical characteristics/attributes over real men?
Not sure I was trying to be funny. You havent seen my good stuff yet. That was last weekend when I did a stand up routine for all trans athletes in the state of Washington and there were three people in the audience .

I made no such claim about males and females transitioned to men . You simply made the comment transitioned women should not be allowed to compete. The way you write it , it appeared to say you are ok with females to males was ok . Just attempting to get clarification .

FWIW, the habit of throwing out the term "cancel culture" is so freakin' lazy. The right is all about cancelling cultures and people as long as the people and cultures being cancelled aren't their own. I hope that someday, the American people open their eyes and realize that they are being played by both sides of the political spectrum and quit letting themselves get led around. Again...that goes both ways, right and left.
they’re political buzz words intended to drum up anger, and 80% of the people blathering on with these words as part of their small vocabularies haven’t a clue what they even mean.
If you are throwing these around with regularity, you might as well add a “hella” in front of them, you’d actually sound less stupid.

I simply put forth our norms that we once held dear haven't always been a "good norm".
They haven't always been good norms, but the overwhelming majority of them were "good norms."

You wouldn't know this from my now conservative political leanings, but I've generally been a social justice and equality of opportunity supporter my entire adult life. With that said, the objective side of my brain cannot dismiss that the breakdown of traditional family roles is far and away the #1 cause of the great American decline.

You can argue that there are other factors in play, which there of course are, but the traditional Mother/Father nuclear family is the most important predictive factor in cultivating healthy families and thriving communities. Religion, conceptually, was the cornerstone (the glue) that helped to bond families and communities, but unfortunately, corruption, greed, power and extremism tore apart the perception and trust people held about religion and faith. Faith is hard. Faith can be corrupt. Faith, or the decision not to believe, is an individual choice today where it once was not. The sad reality is that once faith is removed from society, societies crumble. The decay is expedited in Nations like America and throughout the Western World, where multi-culturalism is present.

We're in a bubble right now where liberal idealism is being fueled by the media (social media, largely), but that bubble is going to shift dramatically against today's liberal ideals. Democrats have always been, in my eye, penny wise and pound foolish. The transgender issue doesn't encapsulate a large data set, but it, along with "wokeism" in general, is sending shockwaves throughout America. If there is one thing that the tens of millions of Hispanic, Asian, Indian, African, and Middle Eastern immigrants to America share it's a belief in faith and a general opinion that transgenderism is a perversion. The issue is nothing short of a massive gift to the GOP. It allows them to chip at away at the historically liberal voting preferences of the black and hispanic communites. When the first 6'8, athletically gifted trans-woman sets foot on a basketball court and takes over (and you know it's coming), watch what happens socially and politically.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrumpCoug
They haven't always been good norms, but the overwhelming majority of them were "good norms."

You wouldn't know this from my now conservative political leanings, but I've generally been a social justice and equality of opportunity supporter my entire adult life. With that said, the objective side of my brain cannot dismiss that the breakdown of traditional family roles is far and away the #1 cause of the great American decline.

You can argue that there are other factors in play, which there of course are, but the traditional Mother/Father nuclear family is the most important predictive factor in cultivating healthy families and thriving communities. Religion, conceptually, was the cornerstone (the glue) that helped to bond families and communities, but unfortunately, corruption, greed, power and extremism tore apart the perception and trust people held about religion and faith. Faith is hard. Faith can be corrupt. Faith, or the decision not to believe, is an individual choice today where it once was not. The sad reality is that once faith is removed from society, societies crumble. The decay is expedited in Nations like America and throughout the Western World, where multi-culturalism is present.

We're in a bubble right now where liberal idealism is being fueled by the media (social media, largely), but that bubble is going to shift dramatically against today's liberal ideals. Democrats have always been, in my eye, penny wise and pound foolish. The transgender issue doesn't encapsulate a large data set, but it, along with "wokeism" in general, is sending shockwaves throughout America. If there is one thing that the tens of millions of Hispanic, Asian, Indian, African, and Middle Eastern immigrants to America share it's a belief in faith and a general opinion that transgenderism is a perversion. The issue is nothing short of a massive gift to the GOP. It allows them to chip at away at the historically liberal voting preferences of the black and hispanic communites. When the first 6'8, athletically gifted trans-woman sets foot on a basketball court and takes over (and you know it's coming), watch what happens socially and politically.
You lost me at hello. With all due respect, someone like Donald Trump had both parents. Ted Cruz as well. Josh Hawley. Lindsay Graham. I pick those four as an example of something more powerful than the nuclear family. Power. All within days flip a position because of power. Could you imagine someone calling your wife ugly then being ok with that person? Or take a peek at what Graham had said in 2016, and the day after the riot, then realized his power was trump. These people are leaders. And make no mistake about it there are those on the other side of the aisle as well, but it is more pronounced now because of what the GOP use to stand for.

And in this post exchange, there are two people, and there is a likelihood one of us is divorced and has kids. I am not divorced and I have kids. If I were a betting man, if you are divorced and have kids I would bet your kids have a good moral foundation, despite any struggles in being a one parent household.

You are correct, these wedge issues are the gift that keeps on giving. We have a nut job in Russia that we are ok with having the former President cozy up to, that has nukes and has mentioned he will use them. That is the least of our concerns. The 6 8 trans kid is. You get how F ed up that is?

LGBTQ organized in 1995 I believe. In 27 years how much real traction and power have they amassed. My daughters have four friends, all from two parent households. All four came out as gay before their 20th birthday. They are not trying to turn you into being gay, they just want to like and love who they choose.

And what happens in time if we do find out in 20 years these trans kids and gay kids have a different genetic make up and we conform to a "norm" . Again, I think you will find that the trans kids will have their own category for sports . But in the short term it seems like the shear numbers year in and year out would indicate this is a small problem compared to other issues we have.

Last edited:

Ed, since you love stories, here is one for you...

I struck up a conversation the other day at the grocery store with this guy in the checkout line. I enjoy talking to strangers.

He told me that he had lived in Seattle for many years and the other day he looked out his home window and saw a male beating up a female right in front of his house…in broad daylight.

This guy was pulling on her purse and attempting to steal it. He was also beating on the woman as she held on for dear life and tried to fight back to stop him. She was also screaming out for help.

I asked him “so what did you do?”

He said he had never seen it happen in all the years he’d lived there. He’d not even heard of this type of thing happening in his neighborhood. He further stated that since it was so rare and life is unfair sometimes, he thought it best not to get involved to stop this injustice, and that this would be a good life lesson for the young lady. “Maybe next time she’ll be more prepared”, he said with a smirk.

His response shocked and angered me.

Before I told him how much of a coward he was, I asked him his name.

As he walked away, he replied “Ed.”

• Haha
Reactions: justinbgocougs
Please do tell us what cultures that conservatives have canceled.

Ed, since you love stories, here is one for you...

I struck up a conversation the other day at the grocery store with this guy in the checkout line. I enjoy talking to strangers.

He told me that he had lived in Seattle for many years and the other day he looked out his home window and saw a male beating up a female right in front of his house…in broad daylight.

This guy was pulling on her purse and attempting to steal it. He was also beating on the woman as she held on for dear life and tried to fight back to stop him. She was also screaming out for help.

I asked him “so what did you do?”

He said he had never seen it happen in all the years he’d lived there. He’d not even heard of this type of thing happening in his neighborhood. He further stated that since it was so rare and life is unfair sometimes, he thought it best not to get involved to stop this injustice, and that this would be a good life lesson for the young lady. “Maybe next time she’ll be more prepared”, he said with a smirk.

His response shocked and angered me.

Before I told him how much of a coward he was, I asked him his name.

As he walked away, he replied “Ed.”
When you told him how much of a coward he was …. Then what did he do ?

It had to go there. It was inevitable. Same sex marriage was not fundamentally about men marrying men or women marrying women. It was about promoting the radical and destabilizing concept that sex/gender doesn't matter. That is the hell of this issue.

Of course it matters. All thriving civilizations in the history of humanity have understood it matters.

We now have a country where tens of millions of its citizens are falling into nihilism and the resultant narcissism that accompanies that worldview.

Soon we will have a culture that promotes men having sex with children as normal. And why not? If you have no standards and no moral compass, then tens of millions of US voters (like Ed) will be promoting this concept and changing laws to allow it. It won't take long. Stay tuned....

Please do tell us what cultures that conservatives have canceled.

That you would even type that reveals that you don't even care about my answer because you are so blinded by political ideology that you are unable to see anything but what is spoon fed to you but let's just reflect on the fact that this entire thread highlights that conservatives have no use for gay people.

Going on, how many times have you read, heard or said, "shut up and dribble"?

What about the absurd reaction to athletes kneeling? It was laughable to hear conservatives demanding that athletes get fired for not meeting some mythical standard for standing at attention even though I've seen plenty of instances of people sitting on their asses eating nachos while the anthem plays. Do as I say....not as I do.

Ellen's show getting canceled in the 90's.

Conservatives tried to organize a boycott against NASCAR when they decided that they didn't want to allow confederate flags.

How about when Gillette faced a boycott because they had an ad that spoke out against toxic masculinity?

Or how about when conservatives went after James Gunn when he made a tweet critical of Trump?

In 2016, Target said that they would allow transgender people to use the bathroom of their choice and conservative groups organized a boycott against the company as a result.

The Dixie Chicks got railroaded years ago.

Right now, the Florida legislature is threatening Disney with severe financial repercussions for having the audacity to speak out against a new law.

There are dozens of conservative states trying to pass laws to restrict what can be taught in schools.

Conservative groups have lists of books that they want banned because they express views that they don't agree with.

I found an article that said that 81 anti-protest bills in 34 conservative states were introduced in 2021....cancelling the ability for people to express their freedom of expression.

The irony is that when the right "cancels" somebody or something....it's touted as "the right thing to do".....when the left does the same thing, all of the sudden, the right is worried about freedoms.

The list goes on and on but again....as I started with.....you don't care because it doesn't fit your agenda so you'll just say that "it's different" or maybe you'll even throw out "strawman". It doesn't change the fact that conservatives are just as guilty as liberals when it comes to cancel culture.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
Flat, once again you are not thinking clearly. You don’t know what you are talking about. First, you have to understand what cancelling is about. It is a tops down act done mostly by large powerful social media corporations that make it impossible for your speech to be expressed. But it is worse than that. It can eliminate a person’s entire income stream (for the big names)…just because of your political or social views. The key is that it is not a grassroots (bottoms up) act. I have no problem with large groups of voters or consumers whose voice is not being heard banding together to work changes in policy by powerful corporations or government. But the corporation should be completely transparent about what they are doing.

Every person can “vote” every day with the money they spend. So as long as there is competition in the economy across all industries, then refusing to spend your dollars at a certain business or corporation is fair game in my view.

This is why I am excited by Elon Musk’s efforts to purchase Twitter. Leftists and liberals are losing their minds over this recent development, while conservatives are excited. I bet you don’t know why though. Have you considered that this is because conservatives are the ones getting cancelled, shadow banned, etc. in large numbers by these corrupt, monopolistic social media companies and their hidden algorithms. I’ve been included as one who has been cancelled/banned, so I know the feeling. Even spoofing site The Babylon Bee was cancelled by Twitter. Why should a comedy site get banned? It’s entire reason for existing is to make fun of people or groups.

Responding to your points....

That you would even type that reveals that you don't even care about my answer because you are so blinded by political ideology that you are unable to see anything but what is spoon fed to you but let's just reflect on the fact that this entire thread highlights that conservatives have no use for gay people.

…and each person should have the right to decide whether they want to support the NBA or not. I choose to not support them until they find a backbone and stop being so damn hypocritical with their stupid virtue signaling.

What about the absurd reaction to athletes kneeling? It was laughable to hear conservatives demanding that athletes get fired for not meeting some mythical standard for standing at attention even though I've seen plenty of instances of people sitting on their asses eating nachos while the anthem plays. Do as I say....not as I do.

Why is it wrong for customers (sports viewers) to object to an offensive display of virtue signaling by filthy rich athletes? Every person has the right to object to offensive behaviors. This is not a tops-down corporate attempt to cancel a particular demographic for their behavior. It is not the same as a bottoms up, individual decisions. Do you get the difference?

Going back to the last century? Okay. Last time I checked, she is doing quite well financially. She’s a one percenter who has made her money BECAUSE she is gay. Our society at that time rightfully had a problem with this becoming a public thing. It wasn’t due to “hate”. It was due to social norms. Social norms are important in case you haven’t figured that out by now. You prefer no social norms. How is that working out? Not well. But I understand you support teachers grooming first graders. All social norms are off the table in your twisted leftist mind.

Conservatives tried to organize a boycott against NASCAR when they decided that they didn't want to allow confederate flags.

Again, a bottoms up grassroots effort of people working in unison to make change. This is not the same as tops-down corporate or government dictated change. Let’s also recall the Democratic Party defended slavery, started the Civil War, opposed Reconstruction, founded the Ku Klux Klan, imposed segregation, perpetrated lynchings, and fought against the civil rights acts of the 1950s and 1960s. But I digress…

How about when Gillette faced a boycott because they had an ad that spoke out against toxic masculinity?

Once again…bottoms up grassroots effort. And it was well-justified against those idiots in corporate Gillette doing their virtue signaling.

Or how about when conservatives went after James Gunn when he made a tweet critical of Trump?

One more time…get the pattern?

In 2016, Target said that they would allow transgender people to use the bathroom of their choice and conservative groups organized a boycott against the company as a result.

All of these are examples of grassroots bottoms up organization to change big corporate behavior. Please tell me you don’t believe biological males should be allowed in female bathrooms.

I’ll grant that was over the top. But again, if you are deeply offending your audience, then what do you expect? It was not a tops-down railroading in keeping with my principle of when canceling is unacceptable.

Right now, the Florida legislature is threatening Disney with severe financial repercussions for having the audacity to speak out against a new law.

No. Disney has special tax exemptions that have allowed them to pocket hundreds of millions of dollars. They have attempted to interfere with the wishes of the majority of people of Florida to stop teachers from grooming children in first through third grade on sex talk. It doesn’t go far enough in my opinion as it should include first through twelfth grades. Teachers have no role in teaching kids about sex or sexuality. That is not their job. Disney is extremely powerful has gotten out of their lane by delving into public policy on a very key issue.

There are dozens of conservative states trying to pass laws to restrict what can be taught in schools.

Oh, I see. In your childish mind nothing at all should be restricted? Is that your view?

Conservative groups have lists of books that they want banned because they express views that they don't agree with.

If you are talking about books that are purchased with PUBLIC money, then I see no problem with those who are working from the grassroots level to control what is stocked in libraries. We are not talking about books with differing political views either. We are talking about books that are not appropriate for children that deal with sex and transgenderism. Even liberals agree with this.

I found an article that said that 81 anti-protest bills in 34 conservative states were introduced in 2021....cancelling the ability for people to express their freedom of expression.

Need a reference. I don’t know what you are talking about.

The irony is that when the right "cancels" somebody or something....it's touted as "the right thing to do".....when the left does the same thing, all of the sudden, the right is worried about freedoms.

Again…cancelling is a big corporation or government action that completely stops individuals from participating in speech in the public square. Name one leftist or liberal who has been cancelled by Twitter or Facebook?

The list goes on and on but again....as I started with.....you don't care because it doesn't fit your agenda so you'll just say that "it's different" or maybe you'll even throw out "strawman". It doesn't change the fact that conservatives are just as guilty as liberals when it comes to cancel culture.

This is a lie. Why do you think the leftists are freaking out by Elon Musk’s recent bid to buy Twitter? No conservatives are flipping out. Hmmm…I wonder why. The left has always attacked free speech. That is what they do (Stalin, Mao, Hilter, etc.).

Honestly, you don’t know what you are talking about most of the time. You claim to be neither a leftist nor a conservative. But your passions belie your political proclivities every time Flat. That’s fine, but just be honest.

I'm not surprised you missed the point.

Noted Ed that you go silent when cornered.

Still awaiting your definition of what constitutes a man and likewise a woman. Please provide.

Also, no comment on my story that is meant to make a point showing your faulty logic on the rarity of biological males competing against biological females and how it doesn't matter.

I'm not surprised you are ignoring it though.

😀

It had to go there. It was inevitable. Same sex marriage was not fundamentally about men marrying men or women marrying women. It was about promoting the radical and destabilizing concept that sex/gender doesn't matter. That is the hell of this issue.

Of course it matters. All thriving civilizations in the history of humanity have understood it matters.

We now have a country where tens of millions of its citizens are falling into nihilism and the resultant narcissism that accompanies that worldview.

Soon we will have a culture that promotes men having sex with children as normal. And why not? If you have no standards and no moral compass, then tens of millions of US voters (like Ed) will be promoting this concept and changing laws to allow it. It won't take long. Stay tuned....
Soon?

Flat, once again you are not thinking clearly. You don’t know what you are talking about. First, you have to understand what cancelling is about. It is a tops down act done mostly by large powerful social media corporations that make it impossible for your speech to be expressed. But it is worse than that. It can eliminate a person’s entire income stream (for the big names)…just because of your political or social views. The key is that it is not a grassroots (bottoms up) act. I have no problem with large groups of voters or consumers whose voice is not being heard banding together to work changes in policy by powerful corporations or government. But the corporation should be completely transparent about what they are doing.

Every person can “vote” every day with the money they spend. So as long as there is competition in the economy across all industries, then refusing to spend your dollars at a certain business or corporation is fair game in my view.

This is why I am excited by Elon Musk’s efforts to purchase Twitter. Leftists and liberals are losing their minds over this recent development, while conservatives are excited. I bet you don’t know why though. Have you considered that this is because conservatives are the ones getting cancelled, shadow banned, etc. in large numbers by these corrupt, monopolistic social media companies and their hidden algorithms. I’ve been included as one who has been cancelled/banned, so I know the feeling. Even spoofing site The Babylon Bee was cancelled by Twitter. Why should a comedy site get banned? It’s entire reason for existing is to make fun of people or groups.

…and each person should have the right to decide whether they want to support the NBA or not. I choose to not support them until they find a backbone and stop being so damn hypocritical with their stupid virtue signaling.

Why is it wrong for customers (sports viewers) to object to an offensive display of virtue signaling by filthy rich athletes? Every person has the right to object to offensive behaviors. This is not a tops-down corporate attempt to cancel a particular demographic for their behavior. It is not the same as a bottoms up, individual decisions. Do you get the difference?

Going back to the last century? Okay. Last time I checked, she is doing quite well financially. She’s a one percenter who has made her money BECAUSE she is gay. Our society at that time rightfully had a problem with this becoming a public thing. It wasn’t due to “hate”. It was due to social norms. Social norms are important in case you haven’t figured that out by now. You prefer no social norms. How is that working out? Not well. But I understand you support teachers grooming first graders. All social norms are off the table in your twisted leftist mind.

Again, a bottoms up grassroots effort of people working in unison to make change. This is not the same as tops-down corporate or government dictated change. Let’s also recall the Democratic Party defended slavery, started the Civil War, opposed Reconstruction, founded the Ku Klux Klan, imposed segregation, perpetrated lynchings, and fought against the civil rights acts of the 1950s and 1960s. But I digress…

Once again…bottoms up grassroots effort. And it was well-justified against those idiots in corporate Gillette doing their virtue signaling.

All of these are examples of grassroots bottoms up organization to change big corporate behavior. Please tell me you don’t believe biological males should be allowed in female bathrooms.

I’ll grant that was over the top. But again, if you are deeply offending your audience, then what do you expect? It was not a tops-down railroading in keeping with my principle of when canceling is unacceptable.

No. Disney has special tax exemptions that have allowed them to pocket hundreds of millions of dollars. They have attempted to interfere with the wishes of the majority of people of Florida to stop teachers from grooming children in first through third grade on sex talk. It doesn’t go far enough in my opinion as it should include first through twelfth grades. Teachers have no role in teaching kids about sex or sexuality. That is not their job. Disney is extremely powerful has gotten out of their lane by delving into public policy on a very key issue.

Oh, I see. In your childish mind nothing at all should be restricted? Is that your view?

If you are talking about books that are purchased with PUBLIC money, then I see no problem with those who are working from the grassroots level to control what is stocked in libraries. We are not talking about books with differing political views either. We are talking about books that are not appropriate for children that deal with sex and transgenderism. Even liberals agree with this.

Again…cancelling is a big corporation or government action that completely stops individuals from participating in speech in the public square. Name one leftist or liberal who has been cancelled by Twitter or Facebook?

This is a lie. Why do you think the leftists are freaking out by Elon Musk’s recent bid to buy Twitter? No conservatives are flipping out. Hmmm…I wonder why. The left has always attacked free speech. That is what they do (Stalin, Mao, Hilter, etc.).

Honestly, you don’t know what you are talking about most of the time. You claim to be neither a leftist nor a conservative. But your passions belie your political proclivities every time Flat. That’s fine, but just be honest.

You are the one that doesn't get that point....but we knew that before I posted. You only care about cancelling when it negatively impacts something that fits your world view. Anything else is fair game.

I do appreciate how you twist "cancel" to fit your definition of the moment. I don't give a sh!t of who got cancelled by Facebook or Twitter. That's only one spot where cancelling occurs.

You think that I'm a liberal because I speak out against you but the only thing that I really agree with liberals on is that they are less hypocritical than the conservative right is. You will lie all day long to support your viewpoint and you'll move the goalposts to support your narrative......and hey, free speech and all that.

FWIW, your Stalin, Mao, Hilter(heh) reference is more relevant to the Cheeto-in-Chief than any liberal that's ever sat in the White House. He's the one who destroys the careers of those that disagree with him. How many people did he appoint while he was in office and then assassinate their characters after they quit kissing his giant ass? As an aside.......have you started your investigation into the Saudis giving Kushner's investment firm $2 billion? Or just like everything else, do you ignore anything that plays contrary to the notion that Trump and the current GOP are perfect? Nah....you'll say, "what about Hunter Biden's laptop?" because you don't want to deal with the reality that the GOP is just as guilty as the Dems when it comes to being corrupt and dirty.....and probably more dirty and more corrupt.

Noted Ed that you go silent when cornered.

Still awaiting your definition of what constitutes a man and likewise a woman. Please provide.

Also, no comment on my story that is meant to make a point showing your faulty logic on the rarity of biological males competing against biological females and how it doesn't matter.

I'm not surprised you are ignoring it though.

😀
You can’t think of any other reason someone not posting at 945 on a Saturday night other than being cornered ? Nothing rings a bell?

In terms of my answer I told you why I won’t answer it. You made an agreement with me . I had to answer you first on a question which I did at great length. Nothing from you . So no soup for you .

You can’t think of any other reason someone not posting at 945 on a Saturday night other than being cornered ? Nothing rings a bell?

In terms of my answer I told you why I won’t answer it. You made an agreement with me . I had to answer you first on a question which I did at great length. Nothing from you . So no soup for you .
I had that question for many days.

I've answered your question. If you don't think so, then tell me why it isn't a satisfactory answer. Then we can move forward.

I had that question for many days.

I've answered your question. If you don't think so, then tell me why it isn't a satisfactory answer. Then we can move forward.
You have yet to state how women think and how a man thinks like a woman … (and the “that has been known for decades” is not an answer . It is a specific question .

You have yet to state how women think and how a man thinks like a woman … (and the “that has been known for decades” is not an answer . It is a specific question .
I have a suspicion that nothing I link to will be satisfactory to you because you want to duck my question.

But Ed, seriously, have you ever done a web search? It is really easy.

Here is one article from Stanford (I know you are impressed with Stanford!)...

In case you aren't familiar with a web search (and I'm frankly surprised you haven't read some of this type of material in your life), this may help...

Type in "how men and women think differently" to your favorite search engine (Google no doubt for you).

You have been married for years, right? And you haven't picked up on male/female thinking differences? Yikes.

Last edited:
I have a suspicion that nothing I link to will be satisfactory to you because you want to duck my question.

But Ed, seriously, have you ever done a web search? It is really easy.

Here is one article from Stanford (I know you are impressed with Stanford!)...

In case you aren't familiar with a web search (and I'm frankly surprised you haven't read some of this type of material in your life), this may help...

Type in "how men and women think differently" to your favorite search engine (Google no doubt for you).

You have been married for years, right? And you haven't picked up on male/female thinking differences? Yikes.
I took an anthropology class at WSU. Every day was fascinating, lots for this type of stuff covered.

The GOP party at the state level is essentially cancelling Liz Cheney and behind the scenes their political machinery (fundraising and political backing) has forced out or eliminated just about every republican who voted to impeach trump. Adam Kinzinger is the most prominent example of this. Taihtsat

The GOP party at the state level is essentially cancelling Liz Cheney and behind the scenes their political machinery (fundraising and political backing) has forced out or eliminated just about every republican who voted to impeach trump. Adam Kinzinger is the most prominent example of this. Taihtsat
Adam Kinzinger is retiring... Not because he is feeling the heat of being a traitor to his constituents but because his seat has recently been redistricted and the Republican he is going up against in the upcoming election is gonna wipe the floor with his crying face. As for Cheney, she did get canceled but for absolutely good reason. Jan 6th is shaping up to be nothing more than the Russian Collusion Hoax perpetrated by your Lunatic Libs. With FBI involvement and everything. Remember the Gov Whitmer kidnapping plot that was foiled? You know, the one where the FBI actually convinced someone to actually do it? FBI needs a house cleaning like no other. Like Kinzinger, she doesn't represent her voters and deserves to be eliminated from congress.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT