ADVERTISEMENT

JDL is letting his feelings be known....

Had it coming? He did exactly what comedians are paid to do at the Academy Awards - make fun of celebrities. And that was the lightest (and lamest) of jokes.

How do you even know if Rock knew she had a medical condition to begin with?

Ever watch Ricky Gervais in action? You would be triggered.

Additional history? Yeah but it’s got nothing to do with Chris Rock: Will Smith has issues.
Yep…had it coming. She’s been public about it…he knew. Even Ricky Gervais didn’t make fun of medical issues. He targets behavior and self-inflicted issues. He’ll probably have a field day with the slap.

It’s been clear for a while that Will (and his whole family) have some issues. I really don’t understand how someone is perfectly OK with other guys banging his wife, but gets that upset by a joke about her hair (even if the joke was dumb and not funny). I’m pretty sure when my parents taught me to share, that’s not what they had in mind.

Yep…had it coming. She’s been public about it…he knew. Even Ricky Gervais didn’t make fun of medical issues. He targets behavior and self-inflicted issues. He’ll probably have a field day with the slap.

It’s been clear for a while that Will (and his whole family) have some issues. I really don’t understand how someone is perfectly OK with other guys banging his wife, but gets that upset by a joke about her hair (even if the joke was dumb and not funny). I’m pretty sure when my parents taught me to share, that’s not what they had in mind.
Umm yeah, alopecia, that truly awful and debilitation medical condition that afflicts by some estimates 80-90% of all men and up to 50% of all women.

The horror!

Reactions: WindyCityCoug

Maybe Chris Rock was one of the guys....what Will Smith is a bad look....

Because some people don’t believe in the US Constitution outside of the 2nd amendment nor do they believe in democracy. The leader of an attempted coup can’t lead without their minions and sycophants.
We should be taking bigger steps towards protecting our democracy such as:

• Disallowing mail-in ballots apart from those who are ADA qualified and citizens over 65 years old

• Requiring proof of citizenship at the voter polls (State issued ID cards or Passports)

• Homeless people should not be eligible to vote

• Convicted felons should not be eligible to vote

• Nursing homes and memory care facilities should be forbidden to make political campaign contributions.

Voting is an earned privilege. If you don't pay into the system, you don't get to vote. If you can't prove that you're a US citizen, you don't get to vote. If you're a convicted criminal, you don't get to vote. If you're living in a tent under a bridge, you don't get to vote.

Reactions: CougInSpain

• Disallowing mail-in ballots apart from those who are ADA qualified and citizens over 65 years old

• Requiring proof of citizenship at the voter polls (State issued ID cards or Passports)

• Nursing homes and memory care facilities should be forbidden to make political campaign contributions.

Voting is an earned privilege. If you don't pay into the system, you don't get to vote. If you can't prove that you're a US citizen, you don't get to vote. If you're a convicted criminal, you don't get to vote. If you're living in a tent under a bridge, you don't get to vote.

Generally agree but shelter challenged people who are registered voters need not relinquish their vote. Their economic situation or housing choices doesn't make them less important in the one man/one vote concept than Jeff Bezos.

Voting is a constitutional right as much as gun ownership is and arguably more so. It is NOT an earned privilege.

FWIW, the law says that a person must prove that they are legal citizens of a state in order to vote.....which in some respects does eliminate homeless people from voting.....but that's a different discussion.

I do agree that we need to do something about voter ID laws, but the truth is that the GOP doesn't want to do anything to make it easy for folks to get that ID, because it's become a political dog whistle more than a necessity.

Reactions: WillieThePimp
Voting is a constitutional right as much as gun ownership is and arguably more so. It is NOT an earned privilege.

FWIW, the law says that a person must prove that they are legal citizens of a state in order to vote.....which in some respects does eliminate homeless people from voting.....but that's a different discussion.

I do agree that we need to do something about voter ID laws, but the truth is that the GOP doesn't want to do anything to make it easy for folks to get that ID, because it's become a political dog whistle more than a necessity.
We don’t need no stinkin’ constitution.

Yes that is the biggest concern for sure . A few men and women trying to insert what they wanted is what?

Umm yeah, alopecia, that truly awful and debilitation medical condition that afflicts by some estimates 80-90% of all men and up to 50% of all women.

The horror!
What, it's not deadly so we should be able to make fun of it? I guess we should also be able to make fun of people with cleft palates, lazy eyes, and visible birthmarks? What about Down's syndrome, those people are pretty easy to spot.

You know, now that I think about it, we should also make fun of slanted eyes and different skin tones. They're not debilitating, so they must be funny.

What, it's not deadly so we should be able to make fun of it? I guess we should also be able to make fun of people with cleft palates, lazy eyes, and visible birthmarks? What about Down's syndrome, those people are pretty easy to spot.

You know, now that I think about it, we should also make fun of slanted eyes and different skin tones. They're not debilitating, so they must be funny.
Well there are ways to deal with it . Smith for many people made rock look like the good guy .

He made fun of her haircut, not her condition.

Nope. More states should go to mail-in balloting. It's way more efficient, cheaper, eliminates all those issues with arguments over the locations of polling places. If you assign people polling places, it's pretty easy to identify the ones who vote the way you don't want, and park protestors there to discourage turnout. Let people vote from home.

Absolutely. Just need to get all 50 states to meet a minimum level of proof. Washington currently doesn't. You don't have to be a citizen to get a license or ID. In fact, if you go to get a license they ask if you want to register to vote. All you have to do is either be willing to check the box that says you're eligible to vote, or be unable to read/understand what you're signing, and boom....you're a voter.
Nope. Homeless are citizens too. Not only that, but a lot of them are veterans. Lots of reasons people might be homeless, but most of them don't remove their right to vote. They should still have to prove citizenship though. (technically, a move to mail-in voting probably disenfranchises a lot of them, since they don't have a mailing address. But they're probably more worried about getting something to eat and not getting stabbed than they are about voting)
I'll go one further - anyone in custody or under state supervision at the time of the election (including those on probation or mental health holds) should not be eligible to vote. Anyone currently in an inpatient mental health facility, and anyone declared by a court as being incapable of understanding court proceedings should not be eligible to vote. Probationers and mental health patients can have their rights restored upon release, convicted felons cannot have them restored until they have satisfied the full terms of their release for at least 1 year.
I can go along with that, although I think the money just gets moved to the parent company's pocket and then to the candidate.

Voting is not an earned privilege. It's a right of "the People," and all citizens are immediately eligible once they turn 18, as long as they're not felons. It was intentionally not made an earned privilege to avoid the possibility of establishing requirements that would essentially create a new aristocracy. It should not be a case of "If you don't pay into the system, you don't get to vote," because then there becomes a threshold - you didn't pay enough, so you don't get to vote, or you didn't pay as much as I did so your vote doesn't count as much as mine. One person, one vote - that's the only way to do it.

Moderate politics is the willingness to accept that everyone has a point to some degree and seeking that common ground between the two extremes.

Gun ownership can be good for our country but irresponsible gun ownership is harmful. The anti-gun groups need to find ways to support Responsible gun ownership and 2nd amendment folks need to understand that some laws are actually good.

Illegal immigration needs to be clamped down on but legal immigration and work visas need to be expanded and monitored more closely.

We need to grow socially without villainizing people who need more time to come around. People need to stop with the trans people are pedophile talk because that is harmful and ignorant. LGBT people need to realize that they aren't the only people that have feelings and sometimes, they won't get their way and it doesn't mean that they are being discriminated against. Same goes for discussions around race.

Abortion shouldn't be "easy" but it shouldn't be impossible. Imposing religious beliefs on everyone else is anti-American. Let God judge people who have abortions and keep religion out of our legal system. Many abortion restrictions that have been implemented in the past 40 years have been good....but the fight goes too far too often.

We need to quit viewing everything as "US" vs "THEM". Team politics is harmful to our country. Even though I know that Husky fans are elitist douchebags, at the end of the day, they are people just like us and we put way too much emotion into discussions about our rivalry....and the same kind of t-shirt driven philosophy is what is destroying our ability to have legitimate political discourse these days. We've lost the desire to find common ground and we are treating our country like it's a fuggin' football game and that's bad for everyone.
Everyone is religious. Even you.

Killing an innocent preborn child is despicable and you are part of that group if you support that in any way.

Moderate politics is the willingness to accept that everyone has a point to some degree and seeking that common ground between the two extremes.

Gun ownership can be good for our country but irresponsible gun ownership is harmful. The anti-gun groups need to find ways to support Responsible gun ownership and 2nd amendment folks need to understand that some laws are actually good.

Illegal immigration needs to be clamped down on but legal immigration and work visas need to be expanded and monitored more closely.

We need to grow socially without villainizing people who need more time to come around. People need to stop with the trans people are pedophile talk because that is harmful and ignorant. LGBT people need to realize that they aren't the only people that have feelings and sometimes, they won't get their way and it doesn't mean that they are being discriminated against. Same goes for discussions around race.

Abortion shouldn't be "easy" but it shouldn't be impossible. Imposing religious beliefs on everyone else is anti-American. Let God judge people who have abortions and keep religion out of our legal system. Many abortion restrictions that have been implemented in the past 40 years have been good....but the fight goes too far too often.

We need to quit viewing everything as "US" vs "THEM". Team politics is harmful to our country. Even though I know that Husky fans are elitist douchebags, at the end of the day, they are people just like us and we put way too much emotion into discussions about our rivalry....and the same kind of t-shirt driven philosophy is what is destroying our ability to have legitimate political discourse these days. We've lost the desire to find common ground and we are treating our country like it's a fuggin' football game and that's bad for everyone.
Some issues are not negotiable. Ever. Like allowing biological males to compete with women.

Also killing preborn children is morally despicable.

You support the party that supports both of those things.

We have a very corrupt government. We have a lot of dumb and uninformed people voting.

If you weren't so busy being a bigoted dickhead, you'd know that I've already said that I don't think that transgender athletes that are biologically male at birth should be competing against girls. It is a huge failure on the part of the liberals and the LGBT community that they don't understand that it's not right to harm girls just so that transgender folks can feel good about themselves. It's ridiculous that they are fighting that fight and I support the state of Kansas legislature recently passing a veto-proof law to that fact.

And you really need to stop typing on this topic. You look more misogynistic every time you post on the subject. Women thinking like women? Fuggin' hell, man.....that's just an asinine comment straight from the 1950's.

You're an idiot if you think women and men think the exact same.

You support the party that supports biological men compete against women. That was your vote whether you want to admit it or not. You also support killing children even after birth. That is the Democrats.

Reactions: justinbgocougs
Your post is fuggin' terrible on a lot of different levels.

First, I'm sick and tired of y'all pissing down your legs about Hillary. That dog whistle is completely worn out. Nobody gives a crap. Hillary wasn't news after she lost in 2016 and she isn't news today. Only an idiot believes in that fantasy that you posted a link to.

I would go into Trump's policies....but I know it's a waste. He did do some good things while he was President. Unfortunately, because he's a giant prick, he screwed up a lot of things that he had the right instincts on. China was a menace, immigration reform needed to happen and NATO needed to be jostled a bit. He f#cked up every one of those things because it had to be about HIM instead of about getting things done right. He picked fights with every one of our trade partners because he's too stupid to know when to stop, his wall is idiotic and Ukraine is getting bombed to sh!t right now because Trump wouldn't know discretion if his rammed up his fuggin' nose. His disgusting attempt to blackmail Ukraine and grandstanding about NATO are undoubtedly drivers behind Putin's idiotic decision to invade.

To finish, your final statement shows exactly what kind of a piece of sh!t that you really are. I hope you're married and your wife sees that and realizes what a misogynistic pile of trash that she is married to. You are exactly the type of person that would vote for Trump. You are definitely part of the wannabe dictator's base.
By the way in case you didn't know, we had one of two choices in 2016. Trump or corrupt Hillary. It was a binary choice and Hillary was not acceptable.

I was too stupid to unblock you. Some gross stuff....and scary as well. Love it when it is in the name of God as well.
You can't help it Ed. You are so uninformed about how this country works. You get your news from corrupt lying corporate media and think it is the truth. It's astonishing you could be that naive.

That’s a lot of straw man you’re throwing out there.

Before Will Smith’s hyperbolic meltdown I had never once heard Alopecia referred to as a “Medical condition”; it is something that the majority of all people experience over the course of their lifetime as a normal part of the aging process.

He made fun of her haircut, not her condition.
Yeah more like this, though I’ll go even further and say that I don’t think he was actually even making fun of her haircut - he was just making a silly reference to a lame old movie and how she could star in the sequel because she had the same haircut as Demi Moore. Honestly she looks great with a shaved head and it’s certainly not an unusual look for a black woman. It was a weak joke and that’s about it.

Reactions: FnuLnu
Whatever. He got what many people have wanted to give him for 20 years.
Really? What exactly did Chris Rock do 20 years ago that made “many people” have it out for him? I highly doubt that: he’s one of the most popular and well-liked comedians ever.

Whatever. He got what many people have wanted to give him for 20 years.
Maybe …you are just giving people free reign to become violent over what most people didn’t see as a punchable offense

Perfect then it should be an easy question for you to answer . Despite being a boy with a lot of pride proud I would guess you are too chicken to answer the question .
First answer this question: Why do you hate women? You support the party that supports biological males competing with biological females. Shame on you especially since you have daughters.

That’s a lot of straw man you’re throwing out there.

Before Will Smith’s hyperbolic meltdown I had never once heard Alopecia referred to as a “Medical condition”; it is something that the majority of all people experience over the course of their lifetime as a normal part of the aging process.
The Oscars have had declining ratings for years due to wokeness. This Rock/Smith thing was staged. It was good for getting attention for the Oscars. Amazed that so many fell for it. Psst...Smith is an ACTOR. A good one too. Moving along....

Nope. More states should go to mail-in balloting. It's way more efficient, cheaper, eliminates all those issues with arguments over the locations of polling places. If you assign people polling places, it's pretty easy to identify the ones who vote the way you don't want, and park protestors there to discourage turnout. Let people vote from home.

Absolutely. Just need to get all 50 states to meet a minimum level of proof. Washington currently doesn't. You don't have to be a citizen to get a license or ID. In fact, if you go to get a license they ask if you want to register to vote. All you have to do is either be willing to check the box that says you're eligible to vote, or be unable to read/understand what you're signing, and boom....you're a voter.
Nope. Homeless are citizens too. Not only that, but a lot of them are veterans. Lots of reasons people might be homeless, but most of them don't remove their right to vote. They should still have to prove citizenship though. (technically, a move to mail-in voting probably disenfranchises a lot of them, since they don't have a mailing address. But they're probably more worried about getting something to eat and not getting stabbed than they are about voting)
I'll go one further - anyone in custody or under state supervision at the time of the election (including those on probation or mental health holds) should not be eligible to vote. Anyone currently in an inpatient mental health facility, and anyone declared by a court as being incapable of understanding court proceedings should not be eligible to vote. Probationers and mental health patients can have their rights restored upon release, convicted felons cannot have them restored until they have satisfied the full terms of their release for at least 1 year.
I can go along with that, although I think the money just gets moved to the parent company's pocket and then to the candidate.

Voting is not an earned privilege. It's a right of "the People," and all citizens are immediately eligible once they turn 18, as long as they're not felons. It was intentionally not made an earned privilege to avoid the possibility of establishing requirements that would essentially create a new aristocracy. It should not be a case of "If you don't pay into the system, you don't get to vote," because then there becomes a threshold - you didn't pay enough, so you don't get to vote, or you didn't pay as much as I did so your vote doesn't count as much as mine. One person, one vote - that's the only way to do it.
Excellent point on homeless vets. They absolutely should be allowed to vote under any circumstances, outside of documented mental health or addiction. If you're receiving aid for either of these conditions, then you are not eligible to vote.

Mail in ballots are the worst thing to happen to voting. I take care of my parents now, and as a result, I have direct access to their mail in ballots. My one vote could easily become 3 votes, as there are no checks in place to guard against it. Extrapolate that out, and you have potentially what? 20 million fraudulent mail in ballots? That's probably only skimming the surface of how massively corrupt our voting system has become. There is a place for mail in votes for people with documented physical limitations, but as far as the general population is concerned, if you can't take the time to show up and vote in person with your credentials in hand, then you aren't qualified to vote. As it's been said, elections have consequences, and mail-in voting has turned our voting democracy into a Twitter poll.

There's that phrase again "dog whistle". Do you enjoy parroting everything that comes out of a leftist's mouth? Exactly what is the GOP doing that is making voting more difficult? Cite specific examples (meaning MORE than one) and how its making it significantly more difficult for people to vote. The only party to be politicizing this issue are the Rats of the left. The race card is good to be used for any issue the leftists don't agree with.

There's that phrase again "dog whistle". Do you enjoy parroting everything that comes out of a leftist's mouth? Exactly what is the GOP doing that is making voting more difficult? Cite specific examples (meaning MORE than one) and how its making it significantly more difficult for people to vote. The only party to be politicizing this issue are the Rats of the left. The race card is good to be used for any issue the leftists don't agree with.
What would you need to see that they are making it more "difficult". Any evidence to support it would be met with "fake news".

You hate the term dog whistle, I am not a big fan of it. Is it just good journalism that the Supreme Court nominee is asked by Tucker Carlson to see her LSAT's? Is it just good policy to continue to question Obama's birth certificate by the former President? What is that called?

First answer this question: Why do you hate women? You support the party that supports biological males competing with biological females. Shame on you especially since you have daughters.
Simple...my kids understand the world isn't fair. They also don't care. They don't care that in high school one of their teammates has a girlfriend. They don't care one of their friends came out in college. They have learned to love people for who they are.

Simple...my kids understand the world isn't fair. They also don't care. They don't care that in high school one of their teammates has a girlfriend. They don't care one of their friends came out in college. They have learned to love people for who they are.
So Ed let me understand your comment. You are saying that because the left allows biological males to compete with biological females then this is simply a reflection of "life is not fair" and we have no real choice in society to stop this idiocy? Please tell me that is not how you justify this injustice.

My one vote could easily become 3 votes, as there are no checks in place to guard against it. Extrapolate that out, and you have potentially what? 20 million fraudulent mail in ballots? That's probably only skimming the surface of how massively corrupt our voting system has become.
This is simply false. Clearly you do not know how mail in ballots work.

So Ed let me understand your comment. You are saying that because the left allows biological males to compete with biological females then this is simply a reflection of "life is not fair" and we have no real choice in society to stop this idiocy? Please tell me that is not how you justify this injustice.
How...they get there is "injustices" that are unfair. It's the way of the world. They also get this is such a minor problem. And as I have told them it will get worked out to where eventually they will have a special division and competition. But how many trans kids are participating in sports that you know of country wide? 10? How many states have come up with laws that make it mandatory you compete with with the sex that was on their birth certificate.

You want to know what is "unfair". What Bellevue High did for years in football. That is unfair. What Nathan Hale and Brandon Roy did 5 years ago where the AAU coach was in his first year, took my daughter's best player from her high school and he "moved" to the Nathan Hale district and played for- that was unfair. That same team taking a player away from Garfield...that was unfair.

West Seattle girls hoops. You had a McPhee who played at I believe Ranier and they won a title. Mom saw a good AAU team and moved her daughter to West Seattle. Also four kids from that AAU team all off a sudden moved from their school to West Seattle. When West Seattle didn't win three years ago, Megan Fiso (now a Michigan player) then jumped ship to Garfield along with two other kids from other schools. Garfield won the state championship game over Lake Washington with three players that weren't on the roster in 2019.

So ask my girls what they see is more prevalent and more of an injustice?

I think that's fantastic to hear, but the cynical side of me can't help but ask, who did they learn that from? Loving people for who they are, I mean?

I don't mean to direct this at you alone, ED, but some of the comments and behaviors that I've witnessed on here over the years suggest anything but love and acceptance by you and many other liberal posters on here. Negative comments and remarks about people's children. Posting of personal addresses and contact information with the intent of instigating potential physical confrontation, NONSTOP mocking and running people down who hold opposing viewpoints. I've signed off of here on numerous occasions feeling that many of the posters here are some of the least caring, most disrespectful people I interact with.

Again, I'm not singling you out on this, but so often during political discussions I hear people bring up examples of love and acceptance as a reason why they support a particular voting platform, yet those same people engage in some of the worst, most blatant forms of hate and exclusion against those who don't share their viewpoints.

Somehow they (you) have developed love and acceptance for LQBTQ people (which is something I completely agree with), but in the process, they've pivoted towards hating white men, hating straight men, hating gun owners, hating "Trumpers," hating God fearing Christian "good ole boys." hating law enforcement, hating "the rich." It's a social development that I'm genuinely fascinated by.

Reactions: CougInSpain
This is simply false. Clearly you do not know how mail in ballots work.
Clearly you don't understand how the power of influence and manipulation can alter one's decision making. Especially if said person(s) are easily influenced. Elderly tend to fall into that category. But I don't expect someone who doubled down on the Covid stupidity to comprehend such a complex issue.

The fact that voting is not 100% digital in 2022 is dumb AF. The politicians keepimg that from being a reality are moving millions of dollars through E-Trade and their life savings are managed on their i-phones. Yet it’s too insecure to check a box through a secured site with proper credentials/2FA, etc.? I’ll wait while they empty their online accounts and bury them in the back yard because that’s more secure. Bunch of BS.

I think that's fantastic to hear, but the cynical side of me can't help but ask, who did they learn that from? Loving people for who they are, I mean?

I don't mean to direct this at you alone, ED, but some of the comments and behaviors that I've witnessed on here over the years suggest anything but love and acceptance by you and many other liberal posters on here. Negative comments and remarks about people's children. Posting of personal addresses and contact information with the intent of instigating potential physical confrontation, NONSTOP mocking and running people down who hold opposing viewpoints. I've signed off of here on numerous occasions feeling that many of the posters here are some of the least caring, most disrespectful people I interact with.

Again, I'm not singling you out on this, but so often during political discussions I hear people bring up examples of love and acceptance as a reason why they support a particular voting platform, yet those same people engage in some of the worst, most blatant forms of hate and exclusion against those who don't share their viewpoints.

Somehow they (you) have developed love and acceptance for LQBTQ people (which is something I completely agree with), but in the process, they've pivoted towards hating white men, hating straight men, hating gun owners, hating "Trumpers," hating God fearing Christian "good ole boys." hating law enforcement, hating "the rich." It's a social development that I'm genuinely fascinated by.
I guess just the luck of the draw when it came to my kids. Maybe the old adage "it takes a village". I do say it is interesting that has been the take of yours from my 21k worth of posts.

If I went after someone for their political beliefs it was an out of body experience, or someone else typed it. I have had four or five people dox me, one in particular. He mentioned my address of my street, mentioned my employer, he mentioned the name of my daughter who was 14 at the time, he mentioned a woman who I worked with at my former employer. There are probably three other people who have used my given name. For what purpose? Do you know how many people did or said anything on this board? Do you know what the moderator did?

Finally I put effort to find out who that person is, and who Texas A and M is, and even tho Yaki posted my name probably 20 times on this board, I could not come out and do the same. Now, what stopped him was he knew I knew who he was, or I was 95% sure I knew who he was. But he was the person the confirmed it. Because of that experience, plus not in my nature to confront folks in that manner, not sure you have an accurate read on things regarding my posts. But if I did have a slip I would sincerely apologize.

I think you would be hard pressed finding me going after people in a similar fashion as Couginspain does, or Justin or How from the right, or 96 from the left. It is interesting you don't their comments in the same light as mine????

I will concede I don't get the love for Trump, I will fully concede that. The one thing I will push back on is when someone tells me something is fake news when I see it with my own eyes. When Trump says he nor his team talked to the Russians prior to the 2016 election, and an email is released 9 months later where Jr is emailing Russians and saying "if what you say is true" and it should be released in August, I don't need a ton more evidence that they were indeed in contact. And an impeachable offense as far as I am concerned, and if that was Hillary and Chelsea I would seek immediate removal.

I went back to January regarding my posts to try and figuring out where you are coming from. I will state I did not read every single post, but I did come across a post from 96 and here was my response....and I will confess I have two siblings who were raised in the same household, with the same parents that have a very different world view than I. My response to a post from January....

wazzucougs96 said:
That Coug fans are insecure little bitches. And they still are, just look at how the losers are reacting to this news.
96...your little immature insults really don't suit you well. People that resort to these tactics are like Donald Trump and have small dicks. But I digress.

How would you expect people to react ...jeez this sure is great? WE love it when kids beat the UW and bolt?

It is knee jerk reaction. I expected and called it back in I believe October. There were signs of it, including what happened in the Sun Bowl.

On your last paragraph may I ask...how has that impacted your life or mine for that manner.

My best and most loyal clients are from the gay community, but I will take your word for it they hate men, gun owners, trumpers (I would bet the haters would call them trumptards instead of trumpers), law enforcement. But again, the question has to be asked, how does that affect you and me who don't hate them?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT