ADVERTISEMENT

joke of a game

Originally posted by longtimecoug:
lacy doesnt show up, another piss poor effort
Unless he gets screens, Lacy is absolutely worthless, as is Kent's insistence on playing Boese. What a pathetic game.But this is what Bennett ball does to you. Yes, the Cougs fell to Bennett ball.

We haven't seen a Lacy hot streak this year and it's needed. Poor shooting night and that means an ugly L.

Originally posted by YakiCoug:
Originally posted by longtimecoug:
lacy doesnt show up, another piss poor effort
Unless he gets screens, Lacy is absolutely worthless, as is Kent's insistence on playing Boese. What a pathetic game.But this is what Bennett ball does to you. Yes, the Cougs fell to Bennett ball.
Boese is a huge imposter, he should be at a d 2 program

I'm sorry but we play better when Boese is in the game!!!!! It's not even close!!!! He reverses the ball, he screens and moves all the time, he gets his hands on balls to keep them alive if he is hitting his shots he moves up to one of our top four players without it he still is top 6 or 7 hands down. Que can be a solid player if his shot is falling but holy crap he rarely screens almost never reverses the ball. Which never makes the defense shift, it turns the whole offense into passing back and forth between Que and Ike then dribbling down to 8 seconds and trying to throw up a shot. Terrible game tonight and I'm sorry to say it but it looked just like coach Bones teams did....ZERO offensive movement, very few screens or plays set up for anything other than 3 point shots!!!!! The funny thing is when we run those plays toward the basket they work, why quit what works?

I had to come back for one more rant! The ball needs to go inside on almost every time down the floor. We don't need to shot in the there but it needs to go inside then outside, I know it doesn't seem important but is huge! Way easier to make a three point shot coming from the inside out than just pass around the perimeter.
This post was edited on 2/5 9:46 PM by jourdand

Lacy's a good player, not a star player. Star players don't have games like Lacy had tonight.

WSU got squat from Que, Boese, and DKD at the 3. Railey is limited offensively and Longrus (though he hustles) can't hit a FT to save his life (8/26 for the year).

Hawkinson had a good game, he just didn't touch the ball enough tonight.

This team still can't shoot a lick.

You watched a different game that I did. Boese was not very good last night. TO's no boards and 0 for. Not a strong game and he still got his 16 minutes.

This team needs a 6-6 wing who can drive the gaps. This defense needs to switch between man and zone a few times to put pressure on OSU's PG. It need to do 3/4 and 1/2 court traps to speed things up.

But the coach doesn't miss those FT's 50% from the line is a killer as is 19% from 3. Couple that with 12 TO's. Their little pesky zone works so well for OSU against us. Just put in a PG and dribble through it no pases just dribble the ball and force them to foul.

The reason the game looked like last year is all the players on the court were there last year and they have trouble against this system yet the game was there for them to win.

Can't complain when you should have won a game but just didn't get it done. The road is a hard place many nights.

Kent also still insists K-D is worth putting into the game for extended minutes. His plus-minus for points when on the floor must be horrendous.

Originally posted by 7ICoug:
You watched a different game that I did. Boese was not very good last night. TO's no boards and 0 for. Not a strong game and he still got his 16 minutes.

This team needs a 6-6 wing who can drive the gaps. This defense needs to switch between man and zone a few times to put pressure on OSU's PG. It need to do 3/4 and 1/2 court traps to speed things up.

But the coach doesn't miss those FT's 50% from the line is a killer as is 19% from 3. Couple that with 12 TO's. Their little pesky zone works so well for OSU against us. Just put in a PG and dribble through it no pases just dribble the ball and force them to foul.

The reason the game looked like last year is all the players on the court were there last year and they have trouble against this system yet the game was there for them to win.

Can't complain when you should have won a game but just didn't get it done. The road is a hard place many nights.
Not a surprise that this is the only readable post in this entire thread. Still don't get why people are so hell bent on destroying our players over and over after a tough loss. Why is anyone shocked at the outcome of the game last night?

They are who we thought they were, except actually quite a bit better....because we have a good coach.

Enjoy the season for what it is, a year to grow. We've already exceeded expectations, and if they continue to compete like they have we'll have a few more wins to celebrate and help going into next year.

71coug your basically right and like I said I was ranting. It was a very winnable game that we let slip through our fingers. I don't like not having ball movement on offense but like you said it's pretty much the same guys standing around as last year. Have to give coach Kent credit for where the team is now and hope he can bring in players more suited for his system! Again sorry for the rant but calling Boese a d11 player is just crazy. I also think he had a bad game last night and probably should have played less like against Stanford when he had a bad game. He has however played his way into his minutes more than many on this team who have been playing their way out of minutes.

Boese is a D 11 player. The problem is that Kent has few options. The recruits coming next year will get majority minutes. The roster left behind is bad. Lacy just cannot do it and he has failed expectations. The "Hawk" has surprised and his play has helped the team hover around .500 ball.. The PG play by Redding has not been good the last couple of weeks. The team has certainly exceeded expectations and may win 2-3 PAC 12 games this season. I also see a tourney win and then probably out.

So glad we get to here from the expert in players skill level. We all remember how you designated Hawkinson as a D-11 player and you stated that you saw nothing in his highlight reel that showed anything that would make anybody think he was aD-1 player,well guess what he is potentially an All PAC 12 player, or how about the claim that this years recruits would play the majority of the minutes! Sorry but i'm not thinking Cheatum is going to be starting anytime soon like you claimed. How you think you have any credibility left at all is beyond me! Now you want to claim next years recruits will be able to come in and do what you said this years recruits would do. Good luck with that...at last check one was coming of the bench for his JC team, another was scoring a whole 3 pts a game more than Boese is in the PAC 12 and I bet he is not playing against PAC 12 competition. Boese might be a marginal to average PAC 12 player but do you really think Boese couldn't be a very successful D-1 player in a lower level league? How many times do you have to be humiliatingly proven wrong before you realize your understanding of this game is extremely limited!

You are one funny man. There is a game where Boese scores zero pts, zero rebounds, and is a liability defensively and you call him the glue who keeps the team together. i gave Hawkinson his due. In fact,i compared him to Donaldson in terms of development.The kid has shown heart. i believe you had Ike starting at PG and i said that he did not have PG skills . I said that one of the frosh would be the starting PG and that has proven to be the case. As far as Cheatum ,i believe that he and Kent do not see eye to eye. Sometimes a juco will come in expecting to be given a starting berth. When that does not happen they pout and transfer elsewhere. That is a risk with all jucos and Kent has had to rely on them until he gets his program established. I believe that you were one of the dolts who criticized Kent early on and who have been proven to be just that.Your humiliation will grow as the program takes off under the capable hands of Kent.

Wrong on almost every count! Again! I i'm very much on board with the Kent hire and support him completely. I really like Redding although at present time who is are starting point guard? Also I remember telling you about Hawkinsons hands and his potential (addmitedly didn't see this coming) and yes Boese has had 2 bad games but that doesn't all of a sudden make him a D-11 player when he has had way more solid games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT