ADVERTISEMENT

Just announced - increased ticket prices, increased parking pass prices, decreased CAF ranks

Mr 500K a year. You want to compare donations and season tickets. Let’s get together. Im at all games. Maybe Tempe in October.

Now tell me about blocking and bench.

What a bunch of cheap SOB's. Good grief. If you don't like it stop halfway in Ellensburg and cheer for CWU. Im sure Walmart will let you park your RV there.

Good lord. WSU has $1 menu fans griping about the cost of a value meal. Maybe the athletic department should have sent applications for RV parking at other schools so you could see how great a deal you're getting??? Or what a bad deal they're fans are getting cause they suck???

You turds would show up at kegger and complain about the free beer. But when the beer got better and was $5 you pissed on that too.

Turds. All of you.
Sorry we aren’t all sitting on piles of extra cash like you are. Go play in traffic.

What a bunch of cheap SOB's. Good grief. If you don't like it stop halfway in Ellensburg and cheer for CWU. Im sure Walmart will let you park your RV there.

Good lord. WSU has $1 menu fans griping about the cost of a value meal. Maybe the athletic department should have sent applications for RV parking at other schools so you could see how great a deal you're getting??? Or what a bad deal they're fans are getting cause they suck???

You turds would show up at kegger and complain about the free beer. But when the beer got better and was $5 you pissed on that too.

Turds. All of you.

Your buffoonery has no boundaries. Let’s count my contribution vs. Rich Uncle Pennybags

Per Game Cost
Round-Trip Airfare from LA - $300
2-Night Hotel - $400
Car Rental - $100
2-Tickets - $1,000
Food / Bev - $200
TOTAL - $2,000

It’s my decision to spend my money in this fashion, but be careful about the name calling for those of us who ACTUALLY attend the home games, and the majority of the away games too.

Reactions: SDCoug
Shopko closed down in April. I wonder if you can use that parking lot?

Damn dude, good idea. While something else will go in there eventually, an opportunity for someone to work with the landowners to facilitate parking. Allow RV's (no fires) plus general parking. Get the Bus service (what's it called, on the Moscow Hiway?) to run a gameday shuttle for a few bucks a head, and there you go. Walking distance from Zeppoz and South Fork as well.

Here's what parking availability looked like the last time Loyal attended a Cougar football game ...

Oh F-off stalker.

For everyone else, I had season tickets for 20 years, 1990-2010. Attended every home game. Have been to at least one game a year since then. Alumni Assoc. Life member. Longtime CAF member. Doubled my (admittedly modest) donation this year.

Turds. All of you.

Your buffoonery has no boundaries. Let’s count my contribution vs. Rich Uncle Pennybags

It’s my decision to spend my money in this fashion, but be careful about the name calling for those of us who ACTUALLY attend the home games, and the majority of the away games too.

Biggs - I bet you don't donate shit. We know you don't make shit, so no surprise. Throwing rocks at glass houses?

Taf - you and others make a good point. I think we all know that our prices, even with the increases, are reasonable compared to others. The RV lot - how many other schools have an RV lot right across the street from the stadium? I'm just going to speculate NONE. Correct me if I'm wrong. That RV lot is golden.

But, the rub is, as you articulated, the other costs are much more than most schools. If you live in Spokane or the Tri-Cities, you can get away with just the tickets and whatever you want to pay for parking (nothing if you park a ways away and walk or take the bus). Wetsiders and out of towners like you, the ticket price is a small part of the total cost. And the couple of days you burn going to the game.

Gonzaga Hoops built that culture on fun... Or Kegs before the game. Players loved playing in front of the Kennel Club.

It didn’t happen over night. The Jack and Dan’s lore. The Brown transfer. Stanford missing on Santangelo. Minnesota scandal....The Runner...Carolina missing on Turiaf.

It took a while but don’t kid yourself. It was built on fun!

The smartest thing Zags did was let KC keep their seats and not auction them off to the highest bidder

There is a balance

What the hell are you talking about? No one is talking about the Kennel Club, which is a student section. Have you ever looked into what it costs non students to buy a season ticket for GU hoops now? I think the donation minimum is up to 20 grand.

WSU fans all want to drink champagne on a busch light budget.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Well stated. Ensuring fans of all means can enjoy the fun is key to the longterm success of the program.

My first reaction after reading Chun's letter was to conclude he's not being successful enough with large donors and thus is squeezing the little guys harder. No matter how many games the Cougs win, Pullman is not South Bend or Columbus and has disadvantages they don't.

I understand our ticket prices were low and needed to increase somewhat BUT while you're trying to increase involvement with the program you simultaneously raise prices across the board (parking increases, RV increases, Walmart no longer an option, etc.)? Doesn't appear to be the best move.

Again, what are you talking about? There a bunch of different options for fans on the lower end of the spending scale. No one is forcing you to donate or buy a parking pass. You can still buy season tickets without a donation and park at the non permit lots. Or take one of the party buses.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
For those bitching about prices, my wife has decided that we are going to go to the New Mexico State game no matter what. Cost for our little one day visit to the Palouse (3 days counting travel)?

Airfare: $2500 (5 RT tickets)
Hotel: $750 (2 nights...2 rooms)
Car: $85
FB tickets: $375
Food & Beverages: $500

Total Cost: $4,210

I've told my wife repeatedly that it's a waste of money on a game that'll be boring in the second half, but we haven't had the whole clan in Pullman in seven years and that weekend is the only one that doesn't interfere with something else, so she's freakin' determined to do it. Most of us know the pain of the cost of travelling to games.

Reactions: CougEd and metprof
For those bitching about prices, my wife has decided that we are going to go to the New Mexico State game no matter what. Cost for our little one day visit to the Palouse (3 days counting travel)?

Airfare: $2500 (5 RT tickets)
Hotel: $750 (2 nights...2 rooms)
Car: $85
FB tickets: $375
Food & Beverages: $500

Total Cost: $4,210

I've told my wife repeatedly that it's a waste of money on a game that'll be boring in the second half, but we haven't had the whole clan in Pullman in seven years and that weekend is the only one that doesn't interfere with something else, so she's freakin' determined to do it. Most of us know the pain of the cost of travelling to games.
Hey, on a positive note, both you and your wife are hard core COUGS.

That's priceless.

Reactions: TZCoug84
Hey, on a positive note, both you and your wife are hard core COUGS.

That's priceless.

I do appreciate the fact that although she's an adopted Coug......she's willing to spend our vacation time and cash on trips like this.....even if it's not the trip that I would have spent that kind of money on.

I think it’s justifiable to gripe about price increases, particularly on this board.

If Greg Byrne, AD at Alabama, walked onto the field before kickoff at the home opener... Announced to the crowd that Nick Saban was leaving at the end of the season because there was simply no more money to pay him.. If you can help raise money today only, we can keep him... Ushers are in the aisles..

They could pass the collection plate like church on Sunday and come up with the money. They could have ushers running credit cards in the aisles and come up with the money. The fans would insist that kick off was DELAYED until they had the money. They could have a rolling total on the jumbo tron of how much money had been collected in credit card donations and the fans would go wild when they hit $1,000,000.... and then get louder to get the number higher.

WSU fans, faced with the same scenario to keep Leach, complain. They complain about their RV space going up. They complain about ticket prices increasing. They complain about the price of food. They complain about the hotel stay. They complain about the distance. They complain about firing a coach that won 9 games in 4 years! They complain about music today and have a big circle jerk of "get off my lawn" old men. They would ask if buying another tee shirt is an option available. They decide that 11 games wasn't enough and Leach can go elsewhere cause they don't wanna pay.

Alabama wins because as a whole, fans/admin/players/coaches/alums, they get it. They understand what it takes and they do it. They understand that having higher social status among alums is ridiculous. You are not a better or worse fan because you bought season tickets and someone else didn't. That level of pettiness if what losers talk about. Alabama understands that truly having status in college football is about having national titles. Clemson gets it now too.

Complaining about the price of RV parking??? Good grief. Spare me. Don't go. You won't be missed and your spot will be filled quickly.

Reactions: wazzucougs96
These changes have officially priced me out of the Beasley RV Lot. I think I read the donation requirement is more than doubling to $2,500, and the lot fee will be in the $1,250 range. For you people who weren’t math majors, it’s pushing $4,000/year for a Lot #1 pass, and that doesn’t include season tickets.

It’ll be sad to say goodbye to the convenience of of the Beasley Lot, but I’m not upset about it. WSU needs to do this. The revenue opportunity is greatest among those with the deepest pockets, Truthfully, I’ve been wavering on renewing the pass for the past few years, so this change makes my decision easy.

You have a very positive and supportive attitude about it

If Greg Byrne, AD at Alabama, walked onto the field before kickoff at the home opener... Announced to the crowd that Nick Saban was leaving at the end of the season because there was simply no more money to pay him.. If you can help raise money today only, we can keep him... Ushers are in the aisles..

They could pass the collection plate like church on Sunday and come up with the money. They could have ushers running credit cards in the aisles and come up with the money. The fans would insist that kick off was DELAYED until they had the money. They could have a rolling total on the jumbo tron of how much money had been collected in credit card donations and the fans would go wild when they hit $1,000,000.... and then get louder to get the number higher.

WSU fans, faced with the same scenario to keep Leach, complain. They complain about their RV space going up. They complain about ticket prices increasing. They complain about the price of food. They complain about the hotel stay. They complain about the distance. They complain about firing a coach that won 9 games in 4 years! They complain about music today and have a big circle jerk of "get off my lawn" old men. They would ask if buying another tee shirt is an option available. They decide that 11 games wasn't enough and Leach can go elsewhere cause they don't wanna pay.

Alabama wins because as a whole, fans/admin/players/coaches/alums, they get it. They understand what it takes and they do it. They understand that having higher social status among alums is ridiculous. You are not a better or worse fan because you bought season tickets and someone else didn't. That level of pettiness if what losers talk about. Alabama understands that truly having status in college football is about having national titles. Clemson gets it now too.

Complaining about the price of RV parking??? Good grief. Spare me. Don't go. You won't be missed and your spot will be filled quickly.

I will say that it was very telling to read the comments on the "Die Hard Cougs" group on Facebook prior to the Alamo Bowl. According to our fans, it was no wonder that 30,000 Iowa State fans were going to the game because it was "ONLY" a 15 hour drive from Ames to San Antonio and we had expensive airfare to deal with. I have no doubt that when WSU plays in Levi Stadium, those same fans will say that they can't go to the game because of some excuse despite the fact that it's a 13 hour drive from the Seattle area to Santa Clara (and 14 1/2 hours from Spokane).

Unfortunately for WSU fans, if we want to compete with the big boys of college football, we are going to have to decide if we want to pay the way that the rest of the college football world does. It isn't "fair" but the day is coming where our fans will need to decide if they really want WSU to contend every year or not. Leach isn't going to be at WSU forever no matter what and we have to decide if we want to set the table for long term success or not.

Reactions: TZCoug84

Biggs = DI mouth / DIII Cash... what’s your contribution to the good of the cause big guy?
Your Alabama and Clemson comparisons are laughable.

Increases in ticket sales were to be expected. I'm OK with that, provided that there are still "cheap seats" and family ticket options, which I'm certain there will be.

RV parking will also continue to be a premium, as it should be. I've held a Beasley Pass for over a decade now, and it's not cheap. The good news is that the emergence of WSU social media sites has allowed us to easily sell passes for the games we won't be attending. For now anyway. What NEEDS to happen regarding RV parking, are the establishment of some other lots to handle overflow. Walmart isn't allowing overnight parking anymore, so I hope some savvy businesses and local land owners jump on the opportunity. There is a lot of red tape and permitting associated with this sort of thing, but someone needs to figure it out.

Have you thought about finding someone to split tickets?

I’ve been thinking about that with two kids and college tuition coming up.

Biggs = DI mouth / DIII Cash... what’s your contribution to the good of the cause big guy?

You're laughable. You are exactly who Im talking about. Petty and ignorant. Good luck!

I will say that it was very telling to read the comments on the "Die Hard Cougs" group on Facebook prior to the Alamo Bowl. According to our fans, it was no wonder that 30,000 Iowa State fans were going to the game because it was "ONLY" a 15 hour drive from Ames to San Antonio and we had expensive airfare to deal with. I have no doubt that when WSU plays in Levi Stadium, those same fans will say that they can't go to the game because of some excuse despite the fact that it's a 13 hour drive from the Seattle area to Santa Clara (and 14 1/2 hours from Spokane).

Unfortunately for WSU fans, if we want to compete with the big boys of college football, we are going to have to decide if we want to pay the way that the rest of the college football world does. It isn't "fair" but the day is coming where our fans will need to decide if they really want WSU to contend every year or not. Leach isn't going to be at WSU forever no matter what and we have to decide if we want to set the table for long term success or not.

I am not going to fault anyone who didn't fly to Texas at the last minute. The options from the PNW, especially from Spokane, are extremely limited.

You're laughable. You are exactly who Im talking about. Petty and ignorant. Good luck!

and your contributions are...drum roll please..
It’s easy to chastise others, I get pissed about the t-shirt buying crowd too, but to attack those who contribute and attend is complete lunacy.
Out of curiosity, just how many games have you attended in Pullman?

and your contributions are...drum roll please..
It’s easy to chastise others, I get pissed about the t-shirt buying crowd too, but to attack those who contribute and attend is complete lunacy.
Out of curiosity, just how many games have you attended in Pullman?

Turd88, you don't get it. You complain about it. Then you act like you're a super fan cause of going to games. Hey turd, I live almost 2000 miles away. How many games do I need to go to so Im on this ridiculous list of who is more Coug than everyone else???

WSU is better off without you, your complaining and your money. You will be replaced by someone that has a better attitude and just as much money. Addition by subtraction is a real thing. It should start with fans like you. Keeping you around is lunacy.

Are you upset that WSU will no longer allow you to show off how much more a Coug you are because you can't afford it??? lol

Turd88, you don't get it. You complain about it. Then you act like you're a super fan cause of going to games. Hey turd, I live almost 2000 miles away. How many games do I need to go to so Im on this ridiculous list of who is more Coug than everyone else???

WSU is better off without you, your complaining and your money. You will be replaced by someone that has a better attitude and just as much money. Addition by subtraction is a real thing. It should start with fans like you. Keeping you around is lunacy.

Are you upset that WSU will no longer allow you to show off how much more a Coug you are because you can't afford it??? lol

Awesome, I made your tired turd list.
YOU ARE A COMPLETE TOOL, and DI mouth / DIII cash describes you perfectly.
Now write a check to WSU, do your part, and quit bitching about the people who financially support the institution.

Awesome, I made your tired turd list.
YOU ARE A COMPLETE TOOL, and DI mouth / DIII cash describes you perfectly.
Now write a check to WSU, do your part, and quit bitching about the people who financially support the institution.

WSU is better off without you, your loser attitude and whatever peanuts you throw their way. You should cheer for the uw. You won't be missed.

WSU is better off without you, your loser attitude and whatever peanuts you throw their way. You should cheer for the uw. You won't be missed.

I give up, your just too damn clever DIII cash, or maybe you’re @ the NAIA contribution level.
What’s even more humorous, the ushers collecting cash @ WSU football games to keep Leach couldn’t get a nickel out of you, since you’re not there.

I give up, your just too damn clever DIII cash, or maybe you’re @ the NAIA contribution level.
What’s even more humorous, the ushers collecting cash @ WSU football games to keep Leach couldn’t get a nickel out of you, since you’re not there.

No. They'd take my credit card over the phone.

What are you gonna do now to show how cool you are once WSU takes it away from you??? Huh. Prob nothing. No wonder you're so mad.

No. They'd take my credit card over the phone.

What are you gonna do now to show how cool you are once WSU takes it away from you??? Huh. Prob nothing. No wonder you're so mad.

but does your cc surpass Al Bundy’s credit limit of $55?
I suspect not DIII.

but does your cc surpass Al Bundy’s credit limit of $55?
I suspect not DIII.

$55 lol. Is that the number it took for WSU to price you out????

Im not the one complaining about things being too expensive... or bragging about how much money I spend to go to games.. like anyone cares or is impressed lol..

A stadium half filled with fans that do nothing but bitch about being there isn't the path to titles. WSU is better off without you.

$55 lol. Is that the number it took for WSU to price you out????

Im not the one complaining about things being too expensive... or bragging about how much money I spend to go to games.. like anyone cares or is impressed lol..

A stadium half filled with fans that do nothing but bitch about being there isn't the path to titles. WSU is better off without you.

Listen DIII, it’s time for you to turn off your computer, march right upstairs out of your basement bedroom, and go get a paying job.
We need your money or attendance as the ushers are on their way to collect your change.

Listen DIII, it’s time for you to turn off your computer, march right upstairs out of your basement bedroom, and go get a paying job.
We need your money or attendance as the ushers are on their way to collect your change.

You don't know how much I do or do not contribute. I would not post it on a public forum either way. I don't need it to show off.

What we all know is that you expect a round of applause for your contribution. Im sure WSU has a posse headed to your house directly to suckle your teets and worship your greatness on your lawn.

You don't know how much I do or do not contribute. I would not post it on a public forum either way. I don't need it to show off.

What we all know is that you expect a round of applause for your contribution. Im sure WSU has a posse headed to your house directly to suckle your teets and worship your greatness on your lawn.

I’ll save some for you.
Now go make yourself useful and I’ll see you in Pullman, August 31st, 7 PM.

I think it’s justifiable to gripe about price increases, particularly on this board.

Interrupting the piss-fest for a moment, I don't think the bulk of this thread was/is griping about the increases at all. Lamenting maybe? Sure. Accepting with regrets? Maybe. However, I don't think I saw one post that called BS on it.

As far as comparisons to Clemson and Alabama, I agree that they are laughable, simply because those are arguably the most well-funded programs in the country. You could compare any Pac-12 program to them and come up way short. Even the mutts or SC.

I don't know that WSU needs to compare itself to anyone. Here's what we need to raise to compete at a high level, and here are the ways we are goint to try to get there. Period. Some comparison of our ticket/parking/RV prices to comparable institutions may help explain or make the medicine go down easier. Beyond that,........

I am not going to fault anyone who didn't fly to Texas at the last minute. The options from the PNW, especially from Spokane, are extremely limited.

I understand the people that didn't go because they couldn't afford to....or felt that the cost was just too high. My comment was that those same people who were unwilling to make that trip because of cost that were downplaying the difficulty of the drive for Iowa State fans will flip 180 degrees when the Cougs are playing in the Pac-12 championship game. They'll say that the airfare is too expensive on short notice and that the 26 hour roundtrip is too much of a burden and that they can't make it for some reason or another. I hope to be wrong, but it would not surprise me to see 10,000 Coug fans (at most) at a Pac-12 championship game. Not an embarrassing turnout......but pathetic compared to the support that teams in the SEC, Big 12 or B1G get.

Yes you will...

You can tell all the Houston fans about how awesome you are at WSU. Im sure they'll all bend their knee and worship your incredible contributions. They will no doubt beg you to cheer for their team.

You can tell all the Houston fans about how awesome you are at WSU. Im sure they'll all bend their knee and worship your incredible contributions. They will no doubt beg you to cheer for their team.

I was going to leave this alone, but now you're just talking crazy, and mad that your life is an abysmal failure.
Buck up Sparky #DIIICASH

What are you getting at in the bolded text? They have a priority points system just like all other universities, with different tiers of access/benefits, and they have a waitlist to get season tickets. No matter which team you support, someone who donates more money, has been a season ticketholder for a long time, etc., is making, or has made, a greater contribution to the program than someone who doesn't do those things. To the extent your plate-passing example holds water, it only does so because the whole stadium is full of people who have made a significant contribution to the school (leaving aside all the success the football program has had at Bama and Clemson making that a chicken/egg scenario ... if Mike Leach was pounding UW in the AC every year and winning national titles, I bet passing around a plate to keep him would go pretty well in Martin, too).

I was going to leave this alone, but now you're just talking crazy, and mad that your life is an abysmal failure.
Buck up Sparky #DIIICASH

Turd88, what would WSU do without you??? The whole school would probably collapse without your $500. I just don't see how they could keep their doors open without your money.

Let's all take a moment and thank Turd88 for blessing WSU with his money.

Turd88, what would WSU do without you??? The whole school would probably collapse without your $500. I just don't see how they could keep their doors open without your money.

Let's all take a moment and thank Turd88 for blessing WSU with his money.

The only thanks I want is for you to get off your computer, go to work, quit bitching about individuals who actually contribute, and share a few coins you may have collected in your piggy bank. Remember dimes have more value than a nickel even though they’re smaller.
Also, I’m very appreciative of the capital ‘T’ in turd, I felt disrespected earlier.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT