ADVERTISEMENT

KSU vs WSU

If you actually played a down of football, it would not be a revelation to you that people play with the flu.

Ed has already done that for you.
Guys who started, yes. I'm trying to have a rational discussion with you- why isn't there a volume of guys too sick TO START that came in later?

Is it because... it's a bad idea... only done by one terrible coach? I've begged you to prove otherwise.

You have not.

Is this what you call a rational discussion per your post below?
No, I genuinely wonder why you're concerned with people flipping you shit on a message board. I know I'm saying things that will raise a few hackles (always from the same few people, mind you) but I'm not gonna get in a twist because a few people I don't know say dumb things on a message board. And I'm certainly not going to stop actual discussion because it's easier to complain about mean people than to admit I'm wrong.

Who cares who is and isn't on your side? And if people are against you for things you say, and that really bothers you, maybe try saying different things? I mean, you can't be shocked by people questioning your "interpretation" of the flu, right?

Why do you always feel the need to butt in and give your 2 cents?

This CP guy(or gal) complains about the name calling and badgering..yet 75 % of his or her posts are doing the same towards me..so I checked him on it. Has nothing to do with you.

Checking me? Hahaha

I have a problem with you getting in the way of people who know what they are talking about.

BTW are coaches responsible for the safety of their players?

No, I genuinely wonder why you're concerned with people flipping you shit on a message board. I know I'm saying things that will raise a few hackles (always from the same few people, mind you) but I'm not gonna get in a twist because a few people I don't know say dumb things on a message board. And I'm certainly not going to stop actual discussion because it's easier to complain about mean people than to admit I'm wrong.

Who cares who is and isn't on your side? And if people are against you for things you say, and that really bothers you, maybe try saying different things? I mean, you can't be shocked by people questioning your "interpretation" of the flu, right?
Then why do you care?

Guys who started, yes. I'm trying to have a rational discussion with you- why isn't there a volume of guys too sick TO START that came in later?

Is it because... it's a bad idea... only done by one terrible coach? I've begged you to prove otherwise.

You have not.
Because there is no stat for players who didn't start a game, because of the flu, then felt better and proceeded to enter the game.

How do i know it has happened? Common sense..because its football. People play hurt. People play with the flu.

Boggles my mind I have to explain this to someone who has allegedly put on shoulder pads.

Then why do you care?
First sentence of the first paragraph, second sentence of the second paragraph.

You want less people to tell you you're a loudmouth jackass? Act less like a loudmouth jackass. These are Cougar fan boards, not PM's- say stupid enough things, people are going to ask that you stop monopolizing discussion by loudly saying the same stupid things.

I tried. Whatever.

Because there is no stat for players who didn't start a game, because of the flu, then felt better and proceeded to enter the game.

How do i know it has happened? Common sense..because its football. People play hurt. People play with the flu.

Boggles my mind I have to explain this to someone who has allegedly put on shoulder pads.

Are you afraid to answer my question? Actual question, not sarcasm.

You'd remember it though, and neither of us do. You could end it by NAMING A SINGLE ONE, but you've taken the bold "if I keep saying it happens, even though I never remember it happening and can't name a time it happened, then it happened" strategy, which makes me think you might not be a lawyer.

It's ridiculous you can't name ONE GUY, yet you'll defend it tooth and nail because of which coach made the call.

You'd remember it though, and neither of us do. You could end it by NAMING A SINGLE ONE, but you've taken the bold "if I keep saying it happens, even though I never remember it happening and can't name a time it happened, then it happened" strategy, which makes me think you might not be a lawyer.

It's ridiculous you can't name ONE GUY, yet you'll defend it tooth and nail because of which coach made the call.
I'm defending it because it was the qb's fault no matter how bad you want it to be Wulff's fault.

That's a "start" I don't pay attn to. Nor does anyone else outside this msg board.

And no, I'm not going to comb through ever single game that has ever been played to see which players had the flu, which ones didn't start because of the flu, and which ones who has the flu and didn't start came back in the game.

Now you are finally seeing how ridiy this is.

And even if there was a stat for this chain if events, you would never get those stats from Leach.

I'm defending it because it was the qb's fault no matter how bad you want it to be Wulff's fault.

That's a "start" I don't pay attn to. Nor does anyone else outside this msg board.

And no, I'm not going to comb through ever single game that has ever been played to see which players had the flu, which ones didn't start because of the flu, and which ones who has the flu and didn't start came back in the game.

Now you are finally seeing how ridiy this is.

And even if there was a stat for this chain if events, you would never get those stats from Leach.
If coaches did it, you'd... be able to name any other coach doing it. But you can't. Because they don't. And definitely not with the backup rolling. Just Coach Wulff, the worst coach in program history.

You should address Coach Leach regarding your seeming issues with his transparency on injuries, though.

It's only relevant because you spend every day defending a guy who was 9-40, so since that's indefensible idiocy, you harping on the name thing.

And you weren't quoting me at all. You finally admitted what you actually think, and can't find a way off "the best way to absolve my hero Wulff is to deny the flu- I'm on it!" even though you must know how stupid you sound.
"Defending a guy" who you nitpick for decisions other coaches make often. Guess what, he may have been cleared to start the game by the med staff, but didn't have time to warm his arm up. Pete Carroll delayed the entry of Lynch cause he was puking. Wulff made the same decision Urban Meyer did in letting a player play who had the flu, and his player actually threw up on the field, something Tuel did not. And he played him against Charleston Southern playing against Florida. And they had an early 14-0 lead.

Bellicheck lost hiss best player playing him up by 24 with three minutes left to a broken arm.

The Browns played their corner in a meaningless game against the Bengals and the kid played the whole game with the flu.

This isn't about 9-40. Point to that all you want and the only comment I would make is he was left with dog crap. If you ask if he was justified in getting fired, I would sat he didn't win enough games and they had a better guy to replace him. A guy none of us thought would be worse than Wulff's last year and he has done it twice. And without a dropped pass to a wide open Anderson we would have been 2-10 in year three. And yes, I will grant you we could have easily have had 5 or 6 wins. But to nitpick on trivial crap is so childish to be honest with you.

If coaches did it, you'd... be able to name any other coach doing it. But you can't. Because they don't. And definitely not with the backup rolling. Just Coach Wulff, the worst coach in program history.

You should address Coach Leach regarding your seeming issues with his transparency on injuries, though.
The coach you named yourself after mind you. It does happen, because people play with the flu, with injuries.

Continue sticking your head I the sand screaming it doesn't happen though

A guy none of us thought would be worse than Wulff's last year and he has done it twice. And without a dropped pass to a wide open Anderson we would have been 2-10 in year three. And yes, I will grant you we could have easily have had 5 or 6 wins. But to nitpick on trivial crap is so childish to be honest with you.

The hypocrisy is so thick you'd need a chainsaw to cut it.

Reactions: MikeFingLeach
The coach you named yourself after mind you. It does happen, because people play with the flu, with injuries.

Continue sticking your head I the sand screaming it doesn't happen though
Just that once. Worst coach ever.

And Marshawn Lynch isn't even close to Jeff Tuel.

Farrar and Larue are 4 star players that many people wanted. The fact they didn't work out is unfortunate, but at the same time they would still be freshmen.

2012 class doesn't mean anything because you would only take the JCs then if it was immediate need. This wasn't immediate because there were people for the the 2012 / 2013 season.

But in 2013 that is when they should have grabbed the JCs to be ready to go in 2014. 3 years to play 2. They sit out in 2013 and have two years 2014/15 to play.

Every single class had someone contribute in the secondary except 2011 in 2014, and the reason is there was 0 contribution to the program from that class.

A class that has zero contribution to a position to a unit that fields 4 players is most definitely a major a setback

Larue and Farrar are not the entire class. Just part of a class that you hope will work. 2011 had zero parts at all. There was nobody, and that screwed us in 2014.
Tron, who cares if others wanted them. They are players who are not on the field for the Cougs. The fact he swung and missed in 2012 on Dockery and Jackson is the one position he could not afford to miss, and he did. Thus, the problems they had with no experience at corner versus guys who would either have been juniors or redshirt sophs.

Tron, who cares if others wanted them. They are players who are not on the field for the Cougs. The fact he swung and missed in 2012 on Dockery and Jackson is the one position he could not afford to miss, and he did. Thus, the problems they had with no experience at corner versus guys who would either have been juniors or redshirt sophs.
And he couldn't afford to miss because... yes, because the other guy missed too. They've both got a finger in that pie, and it's stupid to try and pretend one guy was totally at fault- Leach more so than Wulff though, because he had chances to address the issue, and instead had a "take their lumps" year in 2014.

So the flu affects one person more than the other?

Is that what you, the flu expert, ate saying?
No, I'm saying they're WAY different players, most notably from a durability standpoint. You've FINALLY accepted that the flu affects people- who would you think more? A player with the flu who's available to start the game, or one who can't because he's still getting flu treatment?

It's an easy answer, and to pretend otherwise is, well, the way you've tried to defend it.

And he couldn't afford to miss because... yes, because the other guy missed too. They've both got a finger in that pie, and it's stupid to try and pretend one guy was totally at fault- Leach more so than Wulff though, because he had chances to address the issue, and instead had a "take their lumps" year in 2014.
No, I'm saying they're WAY different players, most notably from a durability standpoint. You've FINALLY accepted that the flu affects people- who would you think more? A player with the flu who's available to start the game, or one who can't because he's still getting flu treatment?

It's an easy answer, and to pretend otherwise is, well, the way you've tried to defend it.
Ummmm....tell me why a guy who was getting treated and is cleared just a moment after kickoff, and one who is getting sick on the field is vastly different. Sounds like the guy puking actually on the field is in worse shape, or maybe puking is just normal. And Lynch did start the game cause he was still puking. Played the game, no affects, didn't get confused and run the wrong way.

Ummmm....tell me why a guy who was getting treated and is cleared just a moment after kickoff, and one who is getting sick on the field is vastly different. Sounds like the guy puking actually on the field is in worse shape, or maybe puking is just normal. And Lynch did start the game cause he was still puking. Played the game, no affects, didn't get confused and run the wrong way.
Yes, puking is a side effect of the flu. And a bad one at that.

Yet, at whatever pregame clearance protocol they have, the pukers passed, yet Tuel failed.

Yes, puking is a side effect of the flu. And a bad one at that.

Yet, at whatever pregame clearance protocol they have, the pukers passed, yet Tuel failed.
If that was the case Lynch would have started, correct?

No Ed. There was only 1 F ING CLASS THAT PRODUCED ZERO DBS. 2011.

2011 WAS A GIANT SCREWUP FOR DB RECRUITING. ZERO kids. ZEROOOOOooooooo Zeroooooooo

Much like the number of BCS/Pac 12 games Wulff won in 2009. Zero.

Much like the FBS coaching offers he received after getting fired from USF... ZERO

Much like the chance of ever coaching a BCS team again.. ZERO

Much like how much Eastern Washington would want him back after his recruiting violations there... Zeroooooo

Much like the number of bowls Wulff was able to take us to. ZERO

Much like the number of points our offense could score in many games under Wulff .... ZERO

Much like the respect he is getting from college football fans for beating up on Mexico coaching team USA.... Help me out here kids... Cero!

I know you want to believe that Paul Wulff didn't make mistakes but he did. A lot of them, and he sucked, and 2011 DB recruiting was jus another one in the long long list of Wulff screwups.

How sad it must be for you to build your whole identity about defending someone who did nothing but let you down, and now you cling to your delusions...

From SB Nation an independent 3rd party

WazzuFPlus2015.0.png

And my recruiting rankings chart.

vNEk6UF.png

Show the exact same dip and screw up.

With Wulff we had no present, and we had no future and just like the 2011 DB issue you are a fool for not seeing his mistakes.

Reactions: MikeFingLeach
No Ed. There was only 1 F ING CLASS THAT PRODUCED ZERO DBS. 2011.

2011 WAS A GIANT SCREWUP FOR DB RECRUITING. ZERO kids. ZEROOOOOooooooo Zeroooooooo

Much like the number of BCS/Pac 12 games Wulff won in 2009. Zero.

Much like the FBS coaching offers he received after getting fired from USF... ZERO

Much like the chance of ever coaching a BCS team again.. ZERO

Much like how much Eastern Washington would want him back after his recruiting violations there... Zeroooooo

Much like the number of bowls Wulff was able to take us to. ZERO

Much like the number of points our offense could score in many games under Wulff .... ZERO

Much like the respect he is getting from college football fans for beating up on Mexico coaching team USA.... Help me out here kids... Cero!

I know you want to believe that Paul Wulff didn't make mistakes but he did. A lot of them, and he sucked, and 2011 DB recruiting was jus another one in the long long list of Wulff screwups.

How sad it must be for you to build your whole identity about defending someone who did nothing but let you down, and now you cling to your delusions...

From SB Nation an independent 3rd party

WazzuFPlus2015.0.png

And my recruiting rankings chart.

vNEk6UF.png

Show the exact same dip and screw up.

With Wulff we had no present, and we had no future and just like the 2011 DB issue you are a fool for not seeing his mistakes.

Interesting that the 2014 dip in W/L performance is still calculated at a higher level than at any point in Wulff's tenure. But I suppose nothing to see here?

Interesting that the 2014 dip in W/L performance is still calculated at a higher level than at any point in Wulff's tenure. But I suppose nothing to see here?
My calculations say that Leach's 2 out of 3 season's were worse than Wulff's last season.

I'm sure that someone will try to spin and weave a bunch of stats and alogorithms to prove otherwise, but 3-9x2 is not what anybody expected.

My calculations say that Leach's 2 out of 3 season's were worse than Wulff's last season.

I'm sure that someone will try to spin and weave a bunch of stats and alogorithms to prove otherwise, but 3-9x2 is not what anybody expected.

Are coaches responsible for the safety of their players?

Edit: Careful with those big-boy words.

Thank goodness people way better at calculating than you can provide a more well rounded picture.

And for having an actual program, tight loss to the #2 team in the country> rallying to beat a one win team starting freshman RB's at corner.
3-9 happened not once, but twice...and your miracle season of 2014 included scoring 13 points against Nevada.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT