ADVERTISEMENT

L-State vs PETA(!)

Not a fan of PETA....not in the least.
But I've never liked to see animals in cages either. Crappy life for a creature that is wild through and through.
I pretty much agree. Although I do believe that domestication of such animals can partially happen, there will always be that wild streak. Also, I do realize the want/need for zoos and such. Not really a necessary evil but something that just exists and has positive and negative points.

To the specific point of the OP, Mike the Tiger doesn't have it all that bad, either. Probably he most well kept captive animal with educational elements connected to him
http://www.mikethetiger.com/index.php?display=habitat

PETA's agenda revolves around fund raising. But now and then one of their targets is so obtuse that their criticism is justified. Pretty bad situation when PETA appears to be legitimate, but this may be one of those cases.

Not a fan of PETA....not in the least.
But I've never liked to see animals in cages either. Crappy life for a creature that is wild through and through.
Definitely agree. PETA can get a bit silly at times. LSU is doing the best they can for the animal but it is still a confinement. A gold-plated and velvet lined prison is still a prison. Few things are more precious than freedom.

Reactions: 79COUG
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT