ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Cougs soccer

2pm pst, ESPN3

A little disappointed that the 6 win (bowl eligible!!) foot team is the athletics site splash page and not the ladies.
Not really. The football game was last night, so that is the story. After the game, especially if the women win, I expect them to be the lead.

2pm pst, ESPN3

A little disappointed that the 6 win (bowl eligible!!) football team is the athletics site splash page and not the ladies.

Football butters the bread, and is the overwhelmingly more popular program. This is empirical, but I’d guess that out of every 1,000 webpage visits, 975 are mostly interested in the football program.

Two very questionable offsides calls on the Cougs....
Agreed. Last one on weaver looked off but the two before looked like great timed runs and were called late. Believe those were both on and would have led to breakaways, should be at least 2-0. Pac 12 football refs getting some side work on as soccer linesmen?

Great game, 1-0 WSU at the half. I just wish the announcer would learn to announce that a player is "offside". His US football roots are showing every time he says "offsides". A surprisingly blatant mistake for a soccer announcer....

Great game, 1-0 WSU at the half. I just wish the announcer would learn to announce that a player is "offside". His US football roots are showing every time he says "offsides". A surprisingly blatant mistake for a soccer announcer....
They couldn’t get Taylor Twellman for this one? WTF?

Well the women s "football team" has had far more success this year than the men s team. In Basketball the women s team has shown more promise so far. The women cougs are now carrying the banner for the AD right now.

Three Pac 12 teams have punched their ticket to the final eight: Stanford, USC and WSU. UCLA has a two goal lead with about 15 minutes left. So, the conference is showing just how tough they are with four teams making the final eight.

Reactions: kougkurt
1990, it is sweet indeed to see a team with 6 losses (us) beat teams with 1 loss. A number 1 ranking, no less! The only time I remember that happening in school history was 1988 against #1 UCLA in football.

Reactions: kayak15 and kugrz98
They pretty much dominated the 2nd half. They won looking like the best team there the last 2 games. Their style is really wreaking havoc on those teams that aren't used to giving up any goals. UVA only gave up 8 goals all season before giving up 3 to our ladies.

Of the eight teams remaining, seven are ranked in the top nine nationally. And then there are the Cougs.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/soccer-women/d1/united-soccer-coaches

Time to take down #5!
I think this team is quite worthy of a top 7-8 ranking but like everything else, East Coast and big market bias. F em. #CougsVsEverybody
3 ranked teams in the tourney,
I think this team is quite worthy of a top 7-8 ranking but like everything else, East Coast and big market bias. F em. #CougsVsEverybody
yeah, the question will be:

after the tourney, how do you justify moving an unranked team all the way up to whatever place they finish? I mean, if they lose next week, they are logically either the 7th or 8th best team in the nation, correct?

This is probably a sport that shouldn't use rankings until the season is over, for just this reason. They can't possibly have enough eyes watching all the teams to make educated rankings.

FWIW, ranked ahead of them are a 6 loss UW, NC St, and Penn St team, a 5 loss FL St team, and lets not forget the 8 loss Florida team. (RPI rankings)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT