ADVERTISEMENT

Last chance to see Minshew in a Coug Jersey....

CrimsonDisciple

Head Coach
Dec 26, 2005
tonight at 6:00pm ESPN2 All-Star football challenge. He’ll be teammates with Greg Gaines UW and represent the PAC-12.

Greg Gaines didn’t belong out there. He was completely out of shape for this type of event. Weird that a couple teams had DB’s, other’s had D-lineman. Pretty big disadvantage. Team finished 4th out of 6.

tonight at 6:00pm ESPN2 All-Star football challenge. He’ll be teammates with Greg Gaines UW and represent the PAC-12.

Minshew finished in the middle of the QB accuracy challenge (about 12 seconds slower than the winner in hitting all the targets). After watch Tyree Jackson from Buffalo, I'm glad he didn't end up as a grad transfer to WSU. He's huge and athletic but highly inaccurate and has a long throwing motion. NFL Dbs will eat him alive, I suspect, but who knows. The mutts' Greg Gaines was about seven seconds slower in the lineman obstacle/agility course but he was one of the heaviest guys out there. The d linemen from Texas and Clemson were phenomenal. Oregon's Jelks looks the part (he's bulked up for certain) but to me he's just a pretty boy who gives up after he's been pushed around (see Dillard's dominance of him the past two seasons).

I’d like to have seen Minshew do the throwing accuracy challenge last instead of first. But, overall he did fine on the day. Certainly helped Harry out on the WR drill. Should have won, but the other group took the one sec penalty to save 3 seconds on the long throw.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT