ADVERTISEMENT

Leach detractors- have you seen IT?

Different circumstances entirely, I'm sure. Of course, you COULD back up what you say- but that's not your style. You say foolish, easily disproven things, then, when they're disproven, you toss out personal insults. That's fine.
Well, you act like Jeff Tuel is the only player in history to not feel well before a game..but then requested to be put back in.

But you add all of these other variables on top of it and ask to perform a search function. Then you get upset when I label you as part of the graph and pie chart crowd.

You see, if you ever played a down of football, you would understand why Jeff wanted to be put back in the game. I guess Wulff could have been a meanie and said no.

Well, you act like Jeff Tuel is the only player in history to not feel well before a game..but then requested to be put back in.

But you add all of these other variables on top of it and ask to perform a search function. Then you get upset when I label you as part of the graph and pie chart crowd.

You see, if you ever played a down of football, you would understand why Jeff wanted to be put back in the game. I guess Wulff could have been a meanie and said no.
Hilarious. You've landed on, "maybe Wulff shouldn't have made the bad decision, but he's just got such a big heart"... I get why the sick guy getting IV's wanted in against a Big Sky doormat, and why a maligned coach wanted to show him off- for the "fantasy football numbers", as you say.

It was dumb to do, though, and both the uniqueness of the circumstance and the end result prove that out, no matter what you say or whose feet you lay blame at.

Hilarious. You've landed on, "maybe Wulff shouldn't have made the bad decision, but he's just got such a big heart"... I get why the sick guy getting IV's wanted in against a Big Sky doormat, and why a maligned coach wanted to show him off- for the "fantasy football numbers", as you say.

It was dumb to do, though, and both the uniqueness of the circumstance and the end result prove that out, no matter what you say or whose feet you lay blame at.
Yeah, Wulff is the only coach to ever play a player with the Flu. No coach in football or any other sport has played a player with the Flu.

I'm sure you were equipped with a crystal ball and screaming and complaining into the TV when he put Tuel in, though.

Yeah, Wulff is the only coach to ever play a player with the Flu. No coach in football or any other sport has played a player with the Flu.

I'm sure you were equipped with a crystal ball and screaming and complaining into the TV when he put Tuel in, though.
Putting a guy who wasn't well enough to start the game into a veritable preseason game is (read about that Idaho State team- there's NO WAY you needed your impaired OB, especially given the existence, and demonstration in game, of other competent options)- given the lack of examples, pretty odd indeed.

I mean, you can't point to a similar scenario, for all your football wisdom. I don't remember any others.

As for yelling and screaming at the TV, by year 4, watching our QB's get injured against FCS opponents was more "fact of the coaches tenure" and less "unmitigated vitriol".

I had a "we got this" moment when I heard we had gotten Leach and he came in here talking about pirates and fat girls. No doubt we would get it done when I heard that. He was going to come in here with our junior college talent and leverage the Air Raid to overcome the talent gap and get us some serious wins.

That's why having BYU expose the blueprint to beating our junior college version of the Air Raid in his very first game - and hammering us in the process - was a wakeup call. And that was the 'schism' moment when the fracture became clear between those of us who wanted CML to succeed, and those who would come up with something called the "2.2m club" who reveled in the failure as a just dessert for canning the worst coach in all world athletic history. "I was failing just fine all by myself, thank you very much."

Given that he's lost 3/4 of his conference games now through 3 years, I have to admit I'm a bit worried, because I'm a non-Kool Aid-drinking human being. Anyone who says they're not worried is a liar. If Year 4 looks like anything less than Year 2, these panties might officially be in a bunch. If 4 and 5 are both a flop, I think I would pretty much be hopeless or something close to it - though not pushing for a change.

I've always wanted Leach to succeed. Still do. Moos too. I've run into many, many Cougs who feel the same way. Don't know how this fits into your two camp theory.

I had a "we got this" moment when I heard we had gotten Leach and he came in here talking about pirates and fat girls. No doubt we would get it done when I heard that. He was going to come in here with our junior college talent and leverage the Air Raid to overcome the talent gap and get us some serious wins.

That's why having BYU expose the blueprint to beating our junior college version of the Air Raid in his very first game - and hammering us in the process - was a wakeup call. And that was the 'schism' moment when the fracture became clear between those of us who wanted CML to succeed, and those who would come up with something called the "2.2m club" who reveled in the failure as a just dessert for canning the worst coach in all world athletic history. "I was failing just fine all by myself, thank you very much."

Given that he's lost 3/4 of his conference games now through 3 years, I have to admit I'm a bit worried, because I'm a non-Kool Aid-drinking human being. Anyone who says they're not worried is a liar. If Year 4 looks like anything less than Year 2, these panties might officially be in a bunch. If 4 and 5 are both a flop, I think I would pretty much be hopeless or something close to it - though not pushing for a change.
I think you and most of us, are on the same page. "Worried"? For me, that might be a bit strong. I'm not worried by any stretch. But I'm ready for some more "W's". I see the roster turnover, I see the improvement. That needs to start translating somehow.

I almost did not reply to your post, as I do not want to continue another dumb Wulff vs. Leach debate. I am not drinking Kool-aid, nor am I lying to say I am not worried.

BYU won because they had much, much better players. That's it. WSU could have run a Wing-T, Pro Set, Wishbone, Spread Option, etc., and the results would have been the same.

Wulfui, you seem to be leveling serious charges against the Washington State University medical staff and injury protocol.

Why are you advocating Moos use Web MD to diagnose injury and approve clearance of players to return to play? Are there any other teams using this strategy? Does this put WSU at a competitive disadvantage to other teams willing to staff certified, experienced on site medical staff?

Wulfui, you seem to be leveling serious charges against the Washington State University medical staff and injury protocol.

Why are you advocating Moos use Web MD to diagnose injury and approve clearance of players to return to play? Are there any other teams using this strategy? Does this put WSU at a competitive disadvantage to other teams willing to staff certified, experienced on site medical staff?
Sure. That's what I'm doing.

Reactions: MikeFingLeach
The blueprint for beating WSU is easy. Drop 8 and make the QB throw thru the bodies. The pass rush teams got 3 on 5 was the killer.

The WSU build takes 8 years.

Good job. Just subtle enough.

Riiiight. That's what he was doing…

Yes, it is what he is doing and casting a very poor light on Dr. Ed Tingstad in the process.
I'm just describing the actions he took, and the medically recognized effects of the flu. If YOU put those together and think it shows negligence on his part, you should call someone and get really mad about it.

I thought all this time you were blaming Tuel's reentry on a medical misdiagnosis. You're now changing your point?... what is your point?

I thought all this time you were blaming Tuel's reentry on a medical misdiagnosis. You're now changing your point?... what is your point?
Um… He stated his point… Right above your post… Right here…
I'm just describing the actions he took, and the medically recognized effects of the flu. If YOU put those together and think it shows negligence on his part, you should call someone and get really mad about it.

That it's a singularly Wulffian mistake, and 50 posts of BS that don't come close to providing a single coaching decision like it, while laying the blame solely at the feet of the sick QB, or the team doctor, while literally saying that Wulff would have been a big meanie to do the smart thing for his team, only drives home my point while you guys spin in circles and deny that THE FLU is an illness of some effect. Flat Earth, man. He didn't get to 9-40 by making great decisions, guys.

I notice you've quietly dropped your 6-40 diatribe.

Tuel was cleared medically to play. he played. Why not blame his injury on Obamacare? Just as relevant.

I notice you've quietly dropped your 6-40 diatribe.

Tuel was cleared medically to play. he played. Why not blame his injury on Obamacare? Just as relevant.
Blaming his injury on a political hot button topic? Only you. Acknowledging that the flu is a thing that actually has an affect on people? Pretty much everyone else.

I never thought I'd get "flu truthers" on a football board, but the Wulff spin knows no bounds.

Your accusation is a direct indictment of the WSU medical staff and Athletic department procedures and return from injury protocol.

Nobody else holds your views.

Last edited:
Your accusation is a direct indictment of the WSU medical staff and Athletic department procedures and return from injury protocol.

Nobody else hold your views.
If YOUR interpretation of the factual events I presented is a direct indictment of the medical staff at the time, you should call someone and ask what you can do to have it rectified. I just see a poor coaching decision, and the end result bears that out, no matter how upset you seem to be getting with our medical staff.

I m satisfied with the decisions of our medical staff now and then.
I am disappointed anyone calling themselves a fan would dare cast a pall over their performance like you've done in this entire thread, wulfui

Too bad Bear Bryant isn't still with us...because Auburn fans would pay top dollar to see him and Wulffui locked in a room for 2 hours so that the Bear would be forced to sit through Wulffui's 2 hour dissertation entitled "The Flu Made Me Do It!"

I m satisfied with the decisions of our medical staff now and then.
I am disappointed anyone calling themselves a fan would dare cast a pall over their performance like you've done in this entire thread, wulfui
Pretty much only you and the other "what control does the HEAD COACH have over his team, when the QB wants to play really bad and a doctor tells you he can?" crew read it that way. I'm super shocked.

Nobody else questions the flu diagnosis, and for the doctor to say "you can play" doesn't mean "great idea!" If I go to the doctor and he tells me I'm sick, but I could do something, I'm not being misdiagnosed- I'm operating with an awareness of the diagnosis and the risks it carries, and leaving the decision to play in the hands of the coach.

I'm disappointed anyone calling themselves a fan would make up a story about a kid who transferred out and flat out lie on the kids behalf about the staff not wanting him back, when the media clearly documented the opposite from both the player and staff, but that's just me.

Reactions: froropmkr72
Troll on flewee
It's funny that the "Flat Earth Society- Three Strong!" with their main desire to prop up the decisions of a failed coach by undermining the current coach through imaginary comparisons, while taking veiled shots at the AD to do the same thing, is the "quit being so mean!" group.

Seriously, Sponge- keep denying the mere existence of the flu. If EVERY DOCTOR is wrong, and the flu has been a lie this whole time, you'll look like a genius. Call your doctor and tell him your findings.

You're defending the decision to NOT consult WEB MD re medical issues of WSU players.

Why don't you EVER post something positive regarding Cougar Football, fro?​

It's funny that the "Flat Earth Society- Three Strong!" with their main desire to prop up the decisions of a failed coach by undermining the current coach through imaginary comparisons, while taking veiled shots at the AD to do the same thing, is the "quit being so mean!" group.

Seriously, Sponge- keep denying the mere existence of the flu. If EVERY DOCTOR is wrong, and the flu has been a lie this whole time, you'll look like a genius. Call your doctor and tell him your findings.
Its funny you bring doctors into this. He was medically cleared by a...wait for it...a Doctor!

The flu doesn't make QB's take on linebacker instead of getting out of bounds. And the coach could be Barney Rubble for all I care. It was on the player, not the coach.

But continue on with your dissertation "The Fluuu Made Me Do It!"

Its funny you bring doctors into this. He was medically cleared by a...wait for it...a Doctor!

The flu doesn't make QB's take on linebacker instead of getting out of bounds. And the coach could be Barney Rubble for all I care. It was on the player, not the coach.

But continue on with your dissertation "The Fluuu Made Me Do It!"
No, I can't imagine "fatigue and muscle weakness" having an effect on decision making at all- that's why at lots of workplaces you hear about their "got the flu? bring it to work!" policies. I'm just amused that your "it's the player's responsibility" attitude died with the Wulff regime.

Having conquered the myth of the flu, what's next, Dr. Sponge? "The Common Cold: History's Biggest Fraud!"

No, I can't imagine "fatigue and muscle weakness" having an effect on decision making at all- that's why at lots of workplaces you hear about their "got the flu? bring it to work!" policies. I'm just amused that your "it's the player's responsibility" attitude died with the Wulff regime.

Having conquered the myth of the flu, what's next, Dr. Sponge? "The Common Cold: History's Biggest Fraud!"
Yeah...cuz when one is suffering from "fatigue and muscle weakness" the first thing they want to do is take on a linebacker instead of getting out of bounds.

You act like the flu impairs judgement like he just smoked a J or drank a 40. You are good for a daily chuckle, though.

Last edited:
:D I about spit up my coffee on that one.

"From now on, your new Delta Tau Chi name is Fluuui!"
Man, all this comedy to avoid admitting a bad decision had a bad result. Wulff would be proud.

It's pretty impressive, though, that the only path to defending Wulff on this particular awful decision involving denying the existence of one of the most common illnesses known to man, while throwing the guy who was the key to Wulff's (fictional) bowl game under the bus.

Last edited:
Nobody is denying the existence of the flu...just making fun of your dissertation that the flu impairs judgement and causes qb's to take on linebackers.

I can see it now "Why did you pull me over 'Oscifer'?

" Because you were driving with the Fluuu!" Haha!!

Man, all this comedy to avoid admitting a bad decision had a bad result. Wulff would be proud.

It's pretty impressive, though, that the only path to defending Wulff on this particular awful decision involving denying the existence of one of the most common illnesses known to man, while throwing the guy who was the key to Wulff's (fictional) bowl game under the bus.

Nobody is denying the existence of the flu...just making fun of your dissertation that the flu impairs judgement and causes qb's to take on linebackers.

I can see it now "Why did you pull me over 'Oscifer'?

" Because you were driving with the Fluuu!" Haha!!
No, you're just denying ANY IMPACT of the flu. Totally different. Typical Wulff defense, requires massive ignorance- you're the man for that job!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT