ADVERTISEMENT

LeJuan Watts commits

Nice upgrade from Kymany as he can shoot and finish.
Different type players playing different positions. Spencer Mahoney has also entered the portal, so it does not appear he will be back.

Of the EWU players out there I liked Watts and Coward the most. On Watts I thought of a taller version of DaVonté Lacy. Watts says he gets a lot of comparison to Draymond Green.

I wonder if Riley will need to adjust some things, but I like the profile of his players. They seem to have high IQ, energy, and physical.

Reactions: kougkurt
A good PG, or combo SG/PG like Isiah Watts, at the 1 spot, then Lejuan Watts(6-6, SG, 3, Wing, like a Klay Thompson, Weaver, Lacy(except taller), Ike Fontaine(except taller), that can drive, finish, pass, shoot 3, midrange, etc, at the 2 spot, and Wells(6' 8), at the 3 spot, and Price at the 4, semi stretch PF spot as a better version of Jaki, and a cross between Jaki, Jones, but not as good as Jones, but almost as good as Jones, and a good center, 5 spot, would be a formidable starting line up, if develop chemistry, play together, jell, etc.

Add some depth, Cedric Coward and would be even more formidable, if develop chemistry, play together, jell, learn, play roles well, etc.

And might even be able to convince 1, couple, few, some to either return from portal, or return from, withdrawing from NBA draft.

If that happens, and if get Jaki, others back, combined with PG, center, Cedric Coward, Price, Lejuan Watts, depth, etc, and the team could be very formidable in the WCC, and RIP through it, and either be a NIT/NCAA bubble NIT Elite 8, Final Four, or NCAA/NIT bubble into NCAA tournament, get eliminated in 2nd round, and win 19,20,21,22 games in regular season, finish top 2,3,4 in conference, go about 14-6, 13-7, 12-8 in conference, go 10-2, 9-3, 11-1 in noncon, win 1,2,3 games in WCC tourney, or win WCC tourney, and win about 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 total games by end of all post season tournaments.

Cedric Coward is a key piece of the puzzle for next year, if we can get him . He would be that 2/3 starter. LeJuan Watts is a solid player and has starting potential down the road but probably be an off the bench option for next year. Of course that depends on returns and other recruits. Watts made big improvements in his redshirt year and I could see more improvement by the end of last year

Reactions: LeachPack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT