ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s do this

kougkurt

Hall Of Fame
Nov 19, 2011
AD John David Wicker. ex Coug and bring the head Basketball coach Brian Dutcher, currently making 2.3.

I can't imagine him leaving SDSU for WSU.
I searched all over for his salary, all I could find was dated info - $340,000 plus bonuses of up to $80,000 as of 2022. Chun was making what - $800,000 at WSU? Cost of living is a bit less in Pullman than San Diego. Although I imagine that WSU could/should shave at least $200k off Chun's bloated salary to be more in line with our future conference mates aka the MW.

I knew Wicker. Solid, solid guy, and I loved his southern accent. He'd be good, but I'd still take John Johnson, another solid guy with big time Eastern Washington roots.

I searched all over for his salary, all I could find was dated info - $340,000 plus bonuses of up to $80,000 as of 2022. Chun was making what - $800,000 at WSU? Cost of living is a bit less in Pullman than San Diego. Although I imagine that WSU could/should shave at least $200k off Chun's bloated salary to be more in line with our future conference mates aka the MW.

I knew Wicker. Solid, solid guy, and I loved his southern accent. He'd be good, but I'd still take John Johnson, another solid guy with big time Eastern Washington roots.
I heard Wicker had operational issues when Tony asked him for basic things (like painting a wall red, etc.)? Seems like little requests like that should be handled. WSU has to have leadership that does the small stuff.

(Side note: did Kyle Smith ever get his cameras for the arena/practice??)

JJ would be a stability hire. He crushed it at running the entire football remodel, and is a great person. He'd understand the relationship side with athletic team staffs and donors, the operation side of things, and seems like a person willing to let the others handle their roles (i.e. budget people keep budgets in tact).

I heard Wicker had operational issues when Tony asked him for basic things (like painting a wall red, etc.)? Seems like little requests like that should be handled. WSU has to have leadership that does the small stuff.

(Side note: did Kyle Smith ever get his cameras for the arena/practice??)

JJ would be a stability hire. He crushed it at running the entire football remodel, and is a great person. He'd understand the relationship side with athletic team staffs and donors, the operation side of things, and seems like a person willing to let the others handle their roles (i.e. budget people keep budgets in tact).
Well your source is full of shit. JD worked his ass off while at WSU. So did Johnson. Quality guys both, which we let slip away in favor of guys like Charlie Chun. What a POS.

Well your source is full of shit. JD worked his ass off while at WSU. So did Johnson. Quality guys both, which we let slip away in favor of guys like Charlie Chun. What a POS.
I've mostly heard great things about JD, so was more curious if that story was true. JJ is a quality person, too.

I've mostly heard great things about JD, so was more curious if that story was true. JJ is a quality person, too.
JJ or JD. What a dilemma. We'll probably promote Anne or hire some dumbf-ck.

JD is pretty cute too, or was, with that y'all accent. I was kind of fond of him in a non-manly way. Or maybe that would be a "manly" way! :)

JJ or JD. What a dilemma. We'll probably promote Anne or hire some dumbf-ck.

JD is pretty cute too, or was, with that y'all accent. I was kind of fond of him in a non-manly way. Or maybe that would be a "manly" way! :)
If I'm JD, I'm probably never leaving San Diego. JJ makes sense if they want some stability to keep things afloat for a few years and maybe hire an up-and-comer to take over the reigns. Outside of that, they need a home run hire in the worst way.

Last time Schulz hired an AD, he hired a guy from FAU who had to be veto'd by the administration to hire Lane Kiffin hire. So it feels more likely it's gonna be a dumbf/ck...

*sigh* WSU is its own worst enemy.

If I'm JD, I'm probably never leaving San Diego. JJ makes sense if they want some stability to keep things afloat for a few years and maybe hire an up-and-comer to take over the reigns. Outside of that, they need a home run hire in the worst way.

Last time Schulz hired an AD, he hired a guy from FAU who had to be veto'd by the administration to hire Lane Kiffin hire. So it feels more likely it's gonna be a dumbf/ck...

*sigh* WSU is its own worst enemy.
Not hiring Shaw is a huge f-up. Bringing him and JJ in for 5 years was and is a no-brainer. Schulz is a colossal idiot. Hiring Chun in the first place instead of JJ was a colossal f-up. Ha ha uw, they are as stupid as us. The whole notion of banking on the demise of the ACC is stupid. Do the reverse merger with the MW. Make lemonade. We got reamed by both the MW and the WCC conference on our deals. Fine, get through it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT