ADVERTISEMENT

Macroeconomics

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
Ok, totally off-topic and political, but hey this is big news. Looks like McCarthy is going down. So my question is who is going to replace him? Goetz? I really don't think the wolves have thought this one through. And I'm no McCarthy fan. Boebert? Taylor-Greene? Paul Gosar?

Ok, totally off-topic and political, but hey this is big news. Looks like McCarthy is going down. So my question is who is going to replace him? Goetz? I really don't think the wolves have thought this one through. And I'm no McCarthy fan. Boebert? Taylor-Greene? Paul Gosar?

She was in Maxim, I believe.

Reactions: 79COUG
It’s all a bunch of theatrics. DC is deeply corrupt and broken. I’m bored by it all. Those self-serving fools.

I'll make one statement, and leave it at that. If the GOP can't corral the wingnuts and instead let them dictate the functioning of the party, then they will not like the consequences. Doesn't matter if the Speaker is McCarthy or anyone else.

Last edited:
Wait a minute: aren’t you the life support system for a penis that gets upset anytime politics comes up?

Maybe Luna and Boebart will mud wrestle for it?

Would anyone really be that surprised if they just vote McCarthy back in?

Wait a minute: aren’t you the life support system for a penis that gets upset anytime politics comes up?
Still with the penis shit. Grow up children. And yeah I rank on the political posts, but this one is a big deal, and really not controversial for this board. Been kind of fun so far.

Still with the penis shit. Grow up children. And yeah I rank on the political posts, but this one is a big deal, and really not controversial for this board. Been kind of fun so far.
Oh it’s Kumbaya now but just you wait and see how what you started ends.

McCarthy was ousted. Speakership is vacant. Bring on the mud wrestling match.

I'll make one statement, and leave it at that. If the GOP can't corral the wingnuts and let them dictate the functioning of the party, then they will not like the consequences. Doesn't matter if the Speaker is McCarthy or anyone else.
Let’s not kid ourselves, there are nuts on both sides. It’s just that many (most?) Republicans are cowards and Democrats just hate most who aren’t part of the elite club. The Rs don’t have the market cornered on nuts. Not even close.

Reactions: 78Chief
Let’s not kid ourselves, there are nuts on both sides. It’s just that many (most?) Republicans are cowards and Democrats just hate most who aren’t part of the elite club. The Rs don’t have the market cornered on nuts. Not even close.
Name one Democrat as crazy as Boebert, Matt Gaetz, MT Greene, Andy Biggs, Ken Buck, Tim Burchett, Eli Crane, Bob Good, Nancy Mace, and Matt Rosendale. You can’t.

If you pretend otherwise you’re full of poop. You may be able to name some woke-ass ultra libtard Dems but not people that are legitimately off their rockers batshit crazy. The truly crazy libtards are in the Green Party.

Edited to add; See? This is how it begins mr penis life-support-system.

Reactions: sellas and Coug1990
Boebert and Luna on a cold Leach Beach. That would make them perk up and give us some points to ponder.

Name one Democrat as crazy as Boebert, Matt Gaetz, MT Greene, Andy Biggs, Ken Buck, Tim Burchett, Eli Crane, Bob Good, Nancy Mace, and Matt Rosendale. You can’t.

If you pretend otherwise you’re full of poop. You may be able to name some woke-ass ultra libtard Dems but not people that are legitimately off their rockers batshit crazy. The truly crazy libtards are in the Green Party.

Well, Representative Bowman pulled a fire alarm.

Is there really a lot of difference between the Squad and the Freedom Caucus?

Nancy Mace does not belong in your list. Paul Gosar does. That's all I have to say about that

Reactions: WillieThePimp
Oh it’s Kumbaya now but just you wait and see how what you started ends.
I don't think you have ever brought anything to the table other than insults and snide remarks.

I bring semi-interesting topics, insight when I have it, and quite a bit of humor.

Go away.

Nancy Mace does not belong in your list. Paul Gosar does. That's all I have to say about that
Good job. She may be outspoken, but not a nutjob. And yes, Gosar.

And getting back to my original point in this thread, who can they pick who will get the votes? Obviously I don't know of all 435 of them, and I know there are moderates out there, which would be fine with me. The nutjobs have -0- chance.

Well, Representative Bowman pulled a fire alarm.

Is there really a lot of difference between the Squad and the Freedom Caucus?
I get the larger point but I'd push back on the point that the squad has only 4 members while the freedom caucus is considerably more influential within their party. And now - to THEIR right we have the MAGA caucus which orchestrated this move today.

So the difference is influence. Taihtsat

Good job. She may be outspoken, but not a nutjob. And yes, Gosar.

And getting back to my original point in this thread, who can they pick who will get the votes? Obviously I don't know of all 435 of them, and I know there are moderates out there, which would be fine with me. The nutjobs have -0- chance.
Scalise or Stefanik, assuming it's not McCarthy. Taihtsat

Everyone who's ever been elected to Congress should be disqualified. We'd be better off drawing a name of a random citizen out of a hat.

Reactions: Observer11
Everyone who's ever been elected to Congress should be disqualified. We'd be better off drawing a name of a random citizen out of a hat.
That’s utter madness. I agree our 2 party political is seriously broken but doing as you suggest (even as a joke) is how we end up with losers like McCarthy and lunatics like Gaetz taking the house hostage and accomplishing absolutely nothing productive for this country.

Last edited:
I don't think you have ever brought anything to the table other than insults and snide remarks.

I bring semi-interesting topics, insight when I have it, and quite a bit of humor.

Go away.
If you come to the party talking about your junk and sex life you better expect some good natured ribbing. If you are this sensitive then perhaps you should filter yourself better.

Again my bad - I lazily cut and paste the list of Republicans voting to oust McCarthy.
OK, my last post on this topic.

For those of you who are note newshounds, and rely on the Loyal One for important state, federal and world events, Keven McCarthy will not run to get his seat back.

The Repubs voting against McCarthy are kind of an odd lot.
  • Andy Biggs of Arizona
  • Ken Buck of Colorado
  • Tim Burchett of Tennessee
  • Eli Crane of Arizona
  • Matt Gaetz of Florida
  • Bob Good of Virginia
  • Nancy Mace of South Carolina
  • Matt Rosendale of Montana
I figured we'd at least see Lauren Boebert and Paul Gosar on there as well.

Allright, I'm done. Glad everyone is having fun.

For those of you who are note newshounds, and rely on the Loyal One for important state, federal and world events, Keven McCarthy will not run to get his seat back.

• Andy Biggs of Arizona
  • Ken Buck of Colorado
  • Eli Crane of Arizona
  • Matt Gaetz of Florida
  • Bob Good of Virginia

I’m guessing Boebert and Gosar made deals with McCarthy. Also Boebert is on thin ice.

• Andy Biggs of Arizona
  • Ken Buck of Colorado
  • Eli Crane of Arizona
  • Matt Gaetz of Florida
  • Bob Good of Virginia

I'm surprised Mace voted for this. All the others are crackpots. Maybe I've missed something with her🤔. Taihtsat

I'm surprised Mace voted for this. All the others are crackpots. Maybe I've missed something with her🤔. Taihtsat
Interesting that she used to be a McCarthy ally. Her official statement:

“Today I voted for the Motion to Vacate and remove the Speaker. This isn’t about left vs right. This isn’t about ideology. This is about trust and keeping your word. This is about making Congress do its job. I promised the Lowcountry I would be an independent voice in Congress. That I would call the balls and strikes and do the right thing regardless of party. The Speaker has not lived up to his word on how the House would operate. No budget, no separate spending bills until it was too late, a CR which takes spending power out of the hands of the people and puts all the power into the hands of a select few. There has also been no action on many issues we care about and were promised. We were promised we would move on women’s issues and legislation to keep our communities safe. Those things never happened. I came here to take difficult votes and do the right thing, regardless of the pressure and regardless of the threats (bc there’s been plenty of both). Today I’m voting against 95 percent of my party in the hopes of fixing how Congress operates. With the current Speaker, this chaos will continue. We need a fresh start so we can get back to the people’s business free of these distractions. I’ll work with anyone willing to do that and look forward to voting for a Speaker who shares this vision for changing Congress and getting us back on a path to delivering results for the people.”

That’s utter madness. I agree our 2 party political is seriously broken but doing as you suggest (even as a joke) is how we end up with losers like McCarthy and lunatics like Gaetz taking the house hostage and accomplishing absolutely nothing productive for this country.
So, we’d be right where we are?

Right now we’re electing the bottom of the barrel people who sign up for the job. Drawing random names I think we’d be far more likely to get fewer bottom feeders. In fact…I think it’s statistically guaranteed.

So, we’d be right where we are?

Right now we’re electing the bottom of the barrel people who sign up for the job. Drawing random names I think we’d be far more likely to get fewer bottom feeders. In fact…I think it’s statistically guaranteed.
With the rate at which these lowlifes suddenly become multi-millionaires, selling tickets to be picked as a member of Congress should be considered

Buy a few Powerball tickets and toss in a couple more bucks to become a Senator.

lauren Blowsbert… perfect for loyal . Goes to a play, vapes and denies it then her partner cops a feel. Imagine if she went to see Boogie Nights …

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT