ADVERTISEMENT

Macroeconomics

They’re co-defendants in the GA RICO trial. Pled out and will testify. Powell was known as the kraken.

Rep. Greg Steube(R) FL showed the resolution, on twitter.
Ohh - Sidney Powell. Saw that and now see Chesebro pled also. Name didn't ring a bell, thought you were refering to trump! But he's cheeto, not Chesebro.

• Haha
Reactions: Coug90
Simple answer is, because they knew they were going to lose. More complicated, they probably realized that it's only a matter of time before Trump found a way to throw them to the wolves, so they might as well go down on their own terms.
Well duh… but aren’t you the least bit interested in Stretch’s regurgitation of the Hannity and Carlson nonsensical spin?

ss
In real world news:

Gym goes down harder the third time.
The Rs have a resolution to kick out the temp. speaker.🤷🏼‍♂️
Chesebro flipped, to join Powell from yesterday.
And Jordan is now officially out. It’s puzzling that a guy who was the primary sponsor on only 53 bills in 16 years with not a one of them passed into law couldn’t rally enough support for the speakership.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
It like what often happens with legal disagreements, both civil and criminal. An economic decision is made.
So what you are saying is you are ok with people trying to over turn an election vs let the courts rule and have Trumps own professionals determine the election was fair and free. Doesn’t seem very American to me .
Then when Joe loses he can get “alternative” electors , claim voter fraud and have Kamala pick the next President . I guess that is ok as well .

They plead guilty because of rev evidence they had . Oh Meadows will be next to flip. How do you think Gotti finally got nailed .

And btw there were many people in the streets decrying Gotti was innocent and that he was always an innocent target .

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
It like what often happens with legal disagreements, both civil and criminal. An economic decision is made.
OJ didn’t plead guilty . He got off criminally . Then again there were no videos of him doing illegal stuff.

Next comes the texts when they turn over the evidence . That is why trump is so smart. Doesn’t text from his phone . I am sure there is a burner phone some where. Second, Trump doesn’t use email.

Third … is it normal people like Meadows and Jim Jordan to ask for a pardon ?

OJ didn’t plead guilty . He got off criminally . Then again there were no videos of him doing illegal stuff.

Next comes the texts when they turn over the evidence . That is why trump is so smart. Doesn’t text from his phone . I am sure there is a burner phone some where. Second, Trump doesn’t use email.

Smart is an interesting word. I think years of running a criminal enterprise and having mob lawyers on retainer probably has more to do with it than being smart. I wouldn’t call a mob boss who got away with crimes for years then finally got nipped on tax fraud or racketeering smart.

Reactions: HCoug
So what you are saying is you are ok with people trying to over turn an election vs let the courts rule and have Trumps own professionals determine the election was fair and free. Doesn’t seem very American to me .
Then when Joe loses he can get “alternative” electors , claim voter fraud and have Kamala pick the next President . I guess that is ok as well .

They plead guilty because of rev evidence they had . Oh Meadows will be next to flip. How do you think Gotti finally got nailed .

And btw there were many people in the streets decrying Gotti was innocent and that he was always an innocent target .
Holy shit, ED! Could you have gone any farther away from the topic I addressed? That first paragraph is strictly out of left field. WTH is wrong with you? Have you been waiting for weeks to throw something about Trump at me? How in the world did you twist that around to mean I am okay with trying to overturn elections? I have NEVER said that. I will point out that Trump does have constitutional rights to say what he wants to, and to petition the government to right a wrong. As many, many Democrats have also done over the years.

What is "rev evidence"?

Gotti? Really, Gotti? And exactly what did he have to do with elections, overturning elections, etc? Come on, man!

So once again.....WTH? OJ? Why in the world would you bring up OJ, who WAS found "Not Guilty" by a jury, when the discussion point was about people that take a plea agreement to a lesser crime to make a larger problem go away. You really are having an off day!

You will need to ask someone else that question, as I have no idea what is normal WRT pardons. Maybe nothing is "normal". IDK

They both suck for different reasons, and in a sane world they’d both be enjoying life at Shady Pines retirement community instead of finding new ways to F up the country.
To be fair to Trump, the economy was humming until he had a brain fart during covid's early weeks.

But free money offered for years by the Fed always helps, as we are seeing now.

To be fair to Trump, the economy was humming until he had a brain fart during covid's early weeks.

But free money offered for years by the Fed always helps, as we are seeing now.
Eh. I don’t put much stock in that for two reasons. One, the fed as you mentioned. Two, there’s a lag from what presidents are responsible for to what shows up in the “economy”. He was pretty clearly riding Obama’s coattails for a couple of years, which I know will piss off all the Obama haters but IDGAF because it’s the truth and always has been with presidential and economic cycles.

Eh. I don’t put much stock in that for two reasons. One, the fed as you mentioned. Two, there’s a lag from what presidents are responsible for to what shows up in the “economy”. He was pretty clearly riding Obama’s coattails for a couple of years, which I know will piss off all the Obama haters but IDGAF because it’s the truth and always has been with presidential and economic cycles.
Fyi, the economy was not humming along under Obama. Sure, the bounce back from the GFC was nice, but that was a function of what economies that go into the tank do. Again, Fed free money and massive stimulus was responsible for the economy recovering and then it was tepid performance for most of the rest of his regime.

Fyi, the economy was not humming along under Obama. Sure, the bounce back from the GFC was nice, but that was a function of what economies that go into the tank do. Again, Fed free money and massive stimulus was responsible for the economy recovering and then it was tepid performance for most of the rest of his regime.
Depends what your definition of economy is. Obama smoked trump when it comes to market returns 🤷

Depends what your definition of economy is. Obama smoked trump when it comes to market returns 🤷

Well again....free money from the Fed tends to really boost asset pricing (real estate, stock market, etc.). We had free money for most of the last decade.

The more assets you have (ie the "rich"), the more you prosper. I prospered. But was it truly fair? No. It was, in a very real sense, "trickle down" economics.

That's a point Ed (and M-I?) didn't understand.

Well again....free money from the Fed tends to really boost asset pricing (real estate, stock market, etc.). We had free money for most of the last decade.

The more assets you have (ie the "rich"), the more you prosper. I prospered. But was it truly fair? No. It was, in a very real sense, "trickle down" economics.

That's a point Ed (and M-I?) didn't understand.
Obama also had the benefit of the Fed orchestrated economic rebound.

Congress should be judged on the economy.

Presidents should be judged on keeping the country out of wars and protecting the homeland.

Reactions: Coug90
Congress should be judged on the economy.

Presidents should be judged on keeping the country out of wars and protecting the homeland.
Pretty much agree. Presidents get too much credit when things are good, too much blame when things are bad. Weather, some world events, corporate decisions, etc. Lots of things that effect the economy that have nothing to do with the President

Reactions: longtimecoug
Obama was elected in 2008. Bottom of the market. It was eight years of an anemic economy.
Haha what?! Thats quite the contradiction in limited words. If he took over at its worst how TF was it anemic 8 years later? Hint, it wasn’t.

You can spin economic prosperity depending on what channel you are watching. There’s zero question Obama left the economy much better than he found it…Trump, ha…not so much. Biden has F’d shit up arguably worse than Trump, that’s another argument.

Haha what?! Thats quite the contradiction in limited words. If he took over at its worst how TF was it anemic 8 years later? Hint, it wasn’t.

You can spin economic prosperity depending on what channel you are watching. There’s zero question Obama left the economy much better than he found it…Trump, ha…not so much. Biden has F’d shit up arguably worse than Trump, that’s another argument.
Read better. The economy was anemic for eight years under Obama. He took over when the market was at its bottom, nowhere to go but up.

Read better. The economy was anemic for eight years under Obama. He took over when the market was at its bottom, nowhere to go but up.
Reading comprehension is irrelevant when you make a shitty argument with no data to back it up. Try harder.

I

I think the point is when measuring yoy economic performance (or stock market performance if that is what you prefer), and you take over when the US economy has been rocked by the GFC (and the severe negative impact to the economy) as Obama did, then when the economy recovers as it did during the early 2010s (thanks to massive Fed liquidity), it's just about the maths when looking at it over 8 years. You are starting with a very low base, in other words. Make sense?

I

I think the point is when measuring yoy economic performance (or stock market performance if that is what you prefer), and you take over when the US economy has been rocked by the GFC (and the severe negative impact to the economy) as Obama did, then when the economy recovers as it did during the early 2010s (thanks to massive Fed liquidity), it's just about the maths when looking at it over 8 years. You are starting with a very low base, in other words. Make sense?
Yes. Now explain to gibbons so he can understand it.

There is no question that Trump screwed himself when turning over his presidency to the corrupt CDC and corrupt Fauci. He sealed his fate with that inexplicable decision. His instincts were correct when he almost canceled the lockdown on Easter Sunday 2020.

Had he not have done that, (the disastrous supply chain situation and the corrupt and self-serving politicians pumping trillions of dollars into the economy which led to horrible inflation and Fed interest rate hikes at a record pace would have been muted), he would have been president today (this is putting aside the federales tampering with the Biden laptop situation via pressuring social media outlets and the media in general to bury the legitimate story).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT