ADVERTISEMENT

Marcellus Pippins Tropical Bowl Highlights

Oct 11, 2017
Without any help from Wazzu's DC Grinch, Marcellus Pippins went to Florida and had a MVP like Tropical Bowl game. Marcellus was the most talked about player in this game and represented Wazzu's Football program with class and integrity as usual. Once again, the kid shows up when most here doubted him and suck'd up to a terrible wanna-b DC Grinch. For those of you that don't know the going ons, Marcellus is now being coached up by a real coach that will give him the best chance to make a NFL roster. We're hoping it's not too late after the hatched job Grinch did to him. Enjoy his highlights in which he didn't have a fair chance to get in his senior season because of a selfish immature Grinch. It's too bad CougNation never got the opportunity to see how special this kids play truly is due to the fact he wasn't developed or coached up while he was there. Now that he's getting quality coaching by a real coach we're praying that his dream to play at the next level hasn't been destroyed by a selfish so-called DC. Happy New Years to those that have always been supportive of this Cougar and God bless you.

Red Zone Interception:

Goal line coverage stop @30:10:

Goal line coverage stop @56:20:

Red Zone coverage stop @ 2:31:55 (Pippins locked his man down and made a spectacular play by knocking the ball out of bounds helping his team mate in coverage. Same type of play most the haters here blamed him for the lose in the holiday bowl against Minnesota):

@2:13:45 announcer says Pippins has had a BIG TIME game.
@2:32:10 announcers agree that Pippins has put himself well into the discussion for MVP of this game.

Last edited:
What did Grinch do to mess up Pippins? By all accounts everyone says he was great. I’m not taking his side as I don’t know much about him, but what is it that went on?

What happened CaliTrojan ??? You forget to change your log-in ???

Enough with the Grinch is/was a piss poor coach BS or that he plays favorites. If my facts below are that of a piss poor coach or a coach that plays favorites then we can all only hope Tracy Claeys follows Grinch's style.

• Cougs Finished #13th in the Nation In Total Yards Given Up (#2 Pac12)
  • Cougs Finished # 6th in the Nation in Total Passing Yards Given Up (#1 Pac12)
  • Cougs Finished #9th in the Nation in Passing Yards Per Game Given Up (#1 Pac12)

Grinch was seeken out by Urban Meyer to join The Ohio State University staff and be the D-Cord in waiting at a Top 3 Program in the Country.

Them are actual Facts Not the "MVP Like Performance" facts you deliver.

Nice AAU/7-on-7/Select Team/ & High School type of bitching out of touch parent view:
  • "The coach doesn't like my kid"
  • "The coach doesn't play my kid enough; & he's the best player"
  • "The coach plays favorites"

Last edited:
I've been around this game for over 30 years. 20 as a coach and the rest playing it so I'm interested in hearing your answer to this.

And at 37 Years old, Alex Grinch has accomplished more in the game of football both as a player and coach than your complete life's works

Now that has to sting...............And reveals the true "Hater" here.

I’m not arguing for or against either grinch or pippins. The past when I was trolling was just jokes. I’m glad Marcellus showed out and hope he gets onto a team at the next level. I find it hard to believe grinch was awful. I don’t think he’s as good as his stats here show, I think he lucked into an okay set and made the most out of it against a bad pac12. He couldn’t figure out RPO for the life of him, and outside hurt linebacking core, I felt the secondary lacked some guidance.

Reactions: Trips R Sluggo L
ff990.jpg

Wrong. You need to stop suck'n Grinch's ass fcukboy. You know what time it is. I've already told you haters the deal long ago. Also, after reviewing Pippins highlights one of the announcers said Pippins has a solid chance of being drafted because he faces Leach's passing offense everyday in practice.

Somewhere is your rants are a grain of truth. Pippens makes plays, no doubt.

But somewhere in there too is a reason why Grinch may have 'mistreated' Marcellus. And to that, the young man really needs to ask himself whether he attitude and behaviors will impact him in future endeavors.

If he's all about 'give me my respect' without regard to an authority figure....good luck with that. Gonna be a long life.

If on occasion he is the kind of person who can humble himself to other's suggestions, mentoring and coaching, he'll be fine.

Reactions: WASH ST A&M FAN
My last two thoughts on this ship has sailed subject.

A) If you two (or same) Clown represent the beliefs & thoughts of Pippins & his family, than Grinch was correct limiting his playing time. Cause that means he was selfish & uncoachable.

B) Prior to you loudmouth, I liked Pippins & thought he was a good Pac12 Corner. By no means was he elite & I feel he met his ceiling as a corner.

Reactions: Flatlandcoug
He's eating. He's already graduated and now is preparing himself for a chance to make an NFL roster with a real coach. Your bias slant is irrelevant to his real family. Bye girl

Pippins was one of my favorite players. I wish him well. Grinch is ancient history. Leach just upgraded at our defensive coordinator position. Whether you are right or wrong on Grinch. Venting on this board will not help. WSU fans have no further influence on Grinch's career.

Reactions: CaliTrojan4Life
How do you have a senior that has 30 starts play behind someone that had no starts??? Bringing in a sophomore with very little experience trading reps with a senior vet. The best Corner Wazzu had and has the numbers to back it up. He did more with less and you as well as everyone else knows it. He created more turnovers by himself than all the CB's combined in the last 3 years. Grinch was so disrespectful and shitty he had the nerves to start a CB with a injured hand over Pippins on senior day. It's hard to play your game as a CB when you don't have support from your coach. Even in practice Grinch would compliment the other CB's with intensity but not Pippins. Men lie, women lie, look at the numbers they don't lie.

Now I ask you this, what CB coach you know in the college game up that practice trading reps every other series for the entire year? I've been around this game for over 30 years. 20 as a coach and the rest playing it so I'm interested in hearing your answer to this.

But why did Grinch not like Pipoens? What happened specifically to make that relationship sour so much that Grinch would play a guy not as productive? I'm genuinely curious.

What happened CaliTrojan ??? You forget to change your log-in ???

Enough with the Grinch is/was a piss poor coach BS or that he plays favorites. If my facts below are that of a piss poor coach or a coach that plays favorites then we can all only hope Tracy Claeys follows Grinch's style.

• Cougs Finished #13th in the Nation In Total Yards Given Up (#2 Pac12)
  • Cougs Finished # 6th in the Nation in Total Passing Yards Given Up (#1 Pac12)
  • Cougs Finished #9th in the Nation in Passing Yards Per Game Given Up (#1 Pac12)

Grinch was seeken out by Urban Meyer to join The Ohio State University staff and be the D-Cord in waiting at a Top 3 Program in the Country.

Them are actual Facts Not the "MVP Like Performance" facts you deliver.

Nice AAU/7-on-7/Select Team/ & High School type of bitching out of touch parent view:
  • "The coach doesn't like my kid"
  • "The coach doesn't play my kid enough; & he's the best player"
  • "The coach plays favorites"

Those stats are all true, but you forgot...

- Grinch's defense was humiliated several times in a row by UW.

Wrong. You need to stop suck'n Grinch's ass fcukboy. You know what time it is. I've already told you haters the deal long ago. Also, after reviewing Pippins highlights one of the announcers said Pippins has a solid chance of being drafted because he faces Leach's passing offense everyday in practice.
Grinch is gone, Marcellus is gone. Best wishes to both. Both contributed to the turnaround of Cougar football. No hate here. I think Fab5 Coug said it well....after the week Cougar fans just had, this anger and hate seems misplaced and inappropriate.

I don't think I've ever seen a poster "liking" his own post. Got a chuckle out of that.

Glad Cougar

Grinch is gone, Marcellus is gone. Best wishes to both. Both contributed to the turnaround of Cougar football. No hate here. I think Fab5 Coug said it well....after the week Cougar fans just had, this anger and hate seems misplaced and inappropriate.

I don't think I've ever seen a poster "liking" his own post. Got a chuckle out of that.

Glad Cougar
I also noticed and found amusement in his "like". Not a bad idea. I think that I will do that. Set up multiple accounts and if nobody appreciates my wisdom then I can just fake it and "like" them myself.

How do you have a senior that has 30 starts play behind someone that had no starts??? Bringing in a sophomore with very little experience trading reps with a senior vet. The best Corner Wazzu had and has the numbers to back it up. He did more with less and you as well as everyone else knows it. He created more turnovers by himself than all the CB's combined in the last 3 years. Grinch was so disrespectful and shitty he had the nerves to start a CB with a injured hand over Pippins on senior day. It's hard to play your game as a CB when you don't have support from your coach. Even in practice Grinch would compliment the other CB's with intensity but not Pippins. Men lie, women lie, look at the numbers they don't lie.

Now I ask you this, what CB coach you know in the college game up that practice trading reps every other series for the entire year? I've been around this game for over 30 years. 20 as a coach and the rest playing it so I'm interested in hearing your answer to this.

Trips.Calitrojan: Seriously? This team just lost one of its own, forever, and here you are acting like some militant Little League/soccer mom. Get some perspective.

@Hdth, Grinch didn't recruit Marcellus. He inherited him from the previous coach. Charles White wasn't recruited by Grinch either. Charles White and Marcellus Pippins were the two most productive CB's when Grinch arrived. Grinch recruited Molten not Pippins.

Here are some stats I ran across. I wasn't at the practices but from a coach stand point the stats tells me some politicking was going on. Leach liked Marcellus and has said so in interviews. From the 4 years Pippins has been at Wazzu you have never heard or seen him do something to make the program look bad. He's a high character kid that represented Wazzu very well on and off the field. For Grinch to mistreat and misuse him in the fashion that he did is a slap in the face of the Wazzu football program not mine.

Charles White had 15 starts (7 as a RS Freshman), 4 career int, 19 passes defended, 83 tackles, 1 forced fumble and was a RS junior. Isn't it funny he had another year to play and transferred to play somewhere else???

Marcellus Pippins had 31 starts (2 as a True Freshman), 6 career int, 18 passes defended, 102 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recovery's and 6.5 tackles for loss and 1 FG block return for a TD (Record, 1st time in school history).

Darrien Molten had 35 starts (11 as a True Freshman), (Every game he played in he started), 1 career int, 12 passes defended, 152 tackles (71 Soph year), 3 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery and 4 tackles for loss.

Marcus Strong had 6 starts (played in 18 games total), 1 career int, 6 passes defended, 20 tackles, no forced fumbles, no fumble recovery and no tackles for loss.

Sean Harper had 6 starts (played in 13 games total), 1 career int, 6 passes defended, 22 tackles, no forced fumbles, no fumble recovery and no tackles for loss. (See the similarity to Marcus Strong)

(White and Pippins committed 15 turnovers while Molten, Harper and Strong had 7) It's safe to say White and Pippins were Grinch's turnover machine. So if Grinch was sold on his so-called speed "D" to create opportunities for turnovers his philosophy is ass-hat backwards. No way you take out your two most productive CB's every other series if that's your goal. That's retarded and any coach with a grain of knowledge will tell you the same.

When you look at these stats of the players what do they tell you? Because as a coach, this tells me that there's definitely politics and hidden agenda's here. Charles White had another year to play but he transferred out. In my opinion, the starters should have been Charles White and Marcellus Pippins. And how do you explain playing and starting a one handed injured CB over a more productive two handed CB? I mean what coach does this asinine BS.

Last year Strong was Molten's back up. This year, Strong became Marcellus back up and took his starting spot. So I propose to you what did he do to lose his starting spot? Let's just keep it 100 here. Who would one trust, Grinch or our lying eyes? As a coach in all my years I've never seen CB's rotating every other series (that's as a player and as a coach). How do you get into a rhythm in the most challenging position in the game if you're pulled at the drop of a dime? I beg you to ask any starting CB on any level of football how he'd feel if he was in this Grinch's like system.

To end this, you will not find one interview where Grinch gave praised to Marcellus. However, his head coach/OC Leach gave him praise in interviews on more than one occasion. I think that speaks volumes in which brings out Grinch's hypocrisy and selfishness towards certain players that love this game. Grinch started messing with Pippins from day one. By not starting him in the first game of the prior two seasons (2015-2016) but ended up starting Pippins the rest of the games in those seasons. He started him the first 6 games of this season but he subbed him out every other series lol. Grinch is a travesty to the game of football. He's a dream killer for those that have a passion and love for the game if you're not his guy. In my humble opinion, The punk intentionally messed Pippins over and there's no way around it.

Blah, blah, blah. Nobody cares about your vendetta against Grinch except you. If I send you $5, will you go buy some aluminum foil and go back to rooting for the condoms?

@Hdth, Grinch didn't recruit Marcellus. He inherited him from the previous coach. Charles White wasn't recruited by Grinch either. Charles White and Marcellus Pippins were the two most productive CB's when Grinch arrived. Grinch recruited Molten not Pippins.

Here are some stats I ran across. I wasn't at the practices but from a coach stand point the stats tells me some politicking was going on. Leach liked Marcellus and has said so in interviews. From the 4 years Pippins has been at Wazzu you have never heard or seen him do something to make the program look bad. He's a high character kid that represented Wazzu very well on and off the field. For Grinch to mistreat and misuse him in the fashion that he did is a slap in the face of the Wazzu football program not mine.

Charles White had 15 starts (7 as a RS Freshman), 4 career int, 19 passes defended, 83 tackles, 1 forced fumble and was a RS junior. Isn't it funny he had another year to play and transferred to play somewhere else???

Marcellus Pippins had 31 starts (2 as a True Freshman), 6 career int, 18 passes defended, 102 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recovery's and 6.5 tackles for loss and 1 FG block return for a TD (Record, 1st time in school history).

Darrien Molten had 35 starts (11 as a True Freshman), (Every game he played in he started), 1 career int, 12 passes defended, 152 tackles (71 Soph year), 3 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery and 4 tackles for loss.

Marcus Strong had 6 starts (played in 18 games total), 1 career int, 6 passes defended, 20 tackles, no forced fumbles, no fumble recovery and no tackles for loss.

Sean Harper had 6 starts (played in 13 games total), 1 career int, 6 passes defended, 22 tackles, no forced fumbles, no fumble recovery and no tackles for loss. (See the similarity to Marcus Strong)

(White and Pippins committed 15 turnovers while Molten, Harper and Strong had 7) It's safe to say White and Pippins were Grinch's turnover machine. So if Grinch was sold on his so-called speed "D" to create opportunities for turnovers his philosophy is ass-hat backwards. No way you take out your two most productive CB's every other series if that's your goal. That's retarded and any coach with a grain of knowledge will tell you the same.

When you look at these stats of the players what do they tell you? Because as a coach, this tells me that there's definitely politics and hidden agenda's here. Charles White had another year to play but he transferred out. In my opinion, the starters should have been Charles White and Marcellus Pippins. And how do you explain playing and starting a one handed injured CB over a more productive two handed CB? I mean what coach does this asinine BS.

Last year Strong was Molten's back up. This year, Strong became Marcellus back up and took his starting spot. So I propose to you what did he do to lose his starting spot? Let's just keep it 100 here. Who would one trust, Grinch or our lying eyes? As a coach in all my years I've never seen CB's rotating every other series (that's as a player and as a coach). How do you get into a rhythm in the most challenging position in the game if you're pulled at the drop of a dime? I beg you to ask any starting CB on any level of football how he'd feel if he was in this Grinch's like system.

To end this, you will not find one interview where Grinch gave praised to Marcellus. However, his head coach/OC Leach gave him praise in interviews on more than one occasion. I think that speaks volumes in which brings out Grinch's hypocrisy and selfishness towards certain players that love this game. Grinch started messing with Pippins from day one. By not starting him in the first game of the prior two seasons (2015-2016) but ended up starting Pippins the rest of the games in those seasons. He started him the first 6 games of this season but he subbed him out every other series lol. Grinch is a travesty to the game of football. He's a dream killer for those that have a passion and love for the game if you're not his guy. In my humble opinion, The punk intentionally messed Pippins over and there's no way around it.

Hey meathead, put your $5 towards repairing your chronic brain damage. If you need more money I'll open you a gofundme account.

Seriously dude.....nobody wants you here. Grinch is gone....Pippins is gone.....the sooner you join them, the better. Grinch is getting paid nearly seven figures per year because people who know a lot more about football than you feel differently about him than you do. I'm going to trust a guy like Urban Meyer who knows what it's like to win a national championship over some chump condom fan with a vendetta.

I with the best for Pippins in his efforts to get into the NFL and hope he gets paid a crap ton of money. I wish you would just focus on worshiping his poster in your bedroom instead of spewing diarrhea here.

A very comprehensive response. Thanks!

Seriously dude.....nobody wants you here. Grinch is gone....Pippins is gone.....the sooner you join them, the better. Grinch is getting paid nearly seven figures per year because people who know a lot more about football than you feel differently about him than you do. I'm going to trust a guy like Urban Meyer who knows what it's like to win a national championship over some chump condom fan with a vendetta.

I with the best for Pippins in his efforts to get into the NFL and hope he gets paid a crap ton of money. I wish you would just focus on worshiping his poster in your bedroom instead of spewing diarrhea here.

Let's elevate this discussion. Resist the temptation to spiral downward.

@Hdth, look up how many pass interference these guys gave up this year alone. Marcellus had 1 P.I. in his freshman year. Once again, 1 P.I. in his freshman year and that's it. Give me a break bro!!!

I'm actually not doubting what you say. Coaches do in fact show favor toward their own recruits. I've seen this movie before.

Let's elevate this discussion. Resist the temptation to spiral downward.

There's no need for a discussion to elevate. Why do we care about what some Trojan thinks about Grinch? What relevance does it have to Cougar football? Grinch is gone, Pippins is gone. You may be wanting to talk about something other than Hilinski and I get that, but taking a piss on Grinch because some dude is in love with Pippins doesn't fit the bill for me.

There's no need for a discussion to elevate. Why do we care about what some Trojan thinks about Grinch? What relevance does it have to Cougar football? Grinch is gone, Pippins is gone. You may be wanting to talk about something other than Hilinski and I get that, but taking a piss on Grinch because some dude is in love with Pippins doesn't fit the bill for me.

Then ignore it.

Then ignore it.

No $#it. Flat, the one thing about you that perplexes me is that you just keep going on - back and forth - feeding the trolls thread after thread. As bad as our other fellow poster who shall not be namEd. Say your peace once or twice and let it go and the troll will go away and the thread will die.

Reactions: earldacoug
Exactly. And I'll give you this Hdth. Coaches like Grinch that put their profession over players are the number one reason I got into coaching after playing the game. I was mistreated by my HS coach in my junior year similar to how Grinch treated Pippins.

I broke my finger in a fight at school during lunch in which I was out for 5 weeks. When I returned for the last three games of the season the coach punished me even more. He allowed a second stringer that couldn't hold my jock strap finish the year starting over me.

Mind you, the kid was good but he wasn't as good as me. The way my HS coach made me feel has never left my soul to this day. The next season the kid was injured in a pre-season game and I got my position back as a starter.

So yeah, I watch how coaches treat players especially if I have a relationship with the kid. All coaches don't have the best interests for the players. I've had to fire coaches on my own coaching staff in the past behind this. That said, I have no ill will toward Wazzu but Grinch is a different story all together. Grinch is a dream killer coach not a dream maker coach for players. Btw, Prayers up for all those affected by the lost of 3TH. May God shine his light on CougNations heavy hearts. God bless ya'll.

Just curious...what was the fight over?

No $#it. Flat, the one thing about you that perplexes me is that you just keep going on - back and forth - feeding the trolls thread after thread. As bad as our other fellow poster who shall not be namEd. Say your peace once or twice and let it go and the troll will go away and the thread will die.

So you're saying Flat should STFU? :D

Long story short, dude was a part of a well known gang as well as his whole family and he thought I was afraid of him. I was afraid of one of his older brothers but not him. So playing around joking he uses and expletive in regards to my mother and I broke his nose/cheek bone and fractured my middle knuckle. Jokes over. I'll deal with your brother when I see him.

Good move.

Like I said, you sound like Grinch or his b!tch. Go Flatline from the lean you drinking fa99ot. If you don't like the thread go back to sucking Grinch's d!ck.:eek:

As I said before.......go back to the USC boards. I'm sorry that Grinch didn't love your boy as much as you'd like and maybe he did have some recruits that he favored. I guarantee that if Pippins was as good as you think he is.......these threads wouldn't exist. I wish the kid the best and hope he surprises in the NFL. What's your next alias going to be?

Stop hi-jacking the thread Mrs. Grinch. I can care less about what you and your husband think about Pippins. This thread wasn't meant for the Grinch balls suckers. It's meant to show the bias your husband Alex had for Pippins. Now run along Mrs. Grinch before your husband switch you out with another woman that doesn't have your qualities. Btw Mrs. Grinch, hows the weather in Ohio?

If you are trying to ruin Grinch's career or negatively affect his recruiting, you can only do that on the Ohio State University site. Ohio State University recruits would not read this site.

Stop hi-jacking the thread Mrs. Grinch. I can care less about what you and your husband think about Pippins. This thread wasn't meant for the Grinch balls suckers. It's meant to show the bias your husband Alex had for Pippins. Now run along Mrs. Grinch before your husband switch you out with another woman that doesn't have your qualities. Btw Mrs. Grinch, hows the weather in Ohio?

I was told to ignore you. Perhaps you should ignore me? Or, as suggested above, go troll the OSU board if you want to attack Grinch? Maybe they will care about your vendetta?

The thread wasnt supposed to be about Grinch? You mentioned him 4 times in your initial post.

In any case, have fun. I'm sure your homophobic post earlier will get this thread obliterated soon enough.

The thread wasnt supposed to be about Grinch? You mentioned him 4 times in your initial post.

In any case, have fun. I'm sure your homophobic post earlier will get this thread obliterated soon enough.
Definitely some vile,repugnant comments from a repugnant little man. Even Squarepants didn’t go that low.

I was mistreated by my HS coach in my junior year similar to how Grinch treated Pippins.

I broke my finger in a fight at school during lunch in which I was out for 5 weeks. When I returned for the last three games of the season the coach punished me even more. He allowed a second stringer that couldn't hold my jock strap finish the year starting over me.

Wow. Not like we needed anymore insight as to what kind of guy you are, but that speaks volumes.

BTW, not sure if you know this but this board has a couple of coaches that post here, myself included. That being said, you status as a coach doesn't give you some kind of magical insight as to who's a good player, who isn't, who's a good coach, who isn't. ESPECIALLY when you aren't even present to know the entire story, you just speculate how "Cellus" feels because you claim to know him. You continue to trade on his name to his detriment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT