ADVERTISEMENT

Marketing/Media Sookane

COUGinNCW

Hall Of Fame
Oct 5, 2010
i know there was a thread about this a couple of weeks ago but my report, specifically for the Spring game:

Lots of practice reports on the local news channels sports reports from WSU Spring practices. At least 4-5 articles per week in the Spokesman re Spring practices with a ramp up the week of Crimson and Gray.

Sunday sports page dedicated nearly the entire page to Crimson and Gray including a positive article from Blanchette!? Inside the sports page the middle 2 pages were entirely WSU.

Lots of TV ads and on radio (both sports radio and even on the butt rock channels I often listen to). Avista and WSU put a handout for a fitness challenge in my kids school handouts to be redeemed at C&G. Even got an email from Spokane Youth Sports (it's been 4 years since my kids played) with an advertisement for C&G. Billboards around Spokane in prominent places also advertised for the game.

Overall pretty good local coverage and solid job marketing IMO.

Last edited:
i know there was a thread about this a couple of weeks ago but my report, specifically for the Spring game:

Lots of practice reports on the local news channels sports reports from WSU Spring practices. At least 4-5 articles per week in the Spokesman re Spring practices with a ramp up the week of Crimson and Gray.

Sunday sports page dedicated nearly the entire page to Crimson and Gray including a positive article from Blanchette!? Inside the sports page the middle 2 pages were entirely WSU.

Lots of TV ads and on radio (both sports radio and even on the butt rock channels I often listen to). Avista and WSU put a handout for a fitness challenge in my kids school handouts to be redeemed at C&G. Even got an email from Spokane Youth Sports (it's been 4 years since my kids played) with an advertisement for C&G. Billboards around Spokane in prominent places also advertised for the game.

Overall pretty good local coverage and solid job marketing IMO.
Agreed. They did well, overall. Weather helped in regards to the attendance, as well.

And in regards to the kids... the number of smaller kids, 5-10, that attended was impressive. The mad rush of kids, after the game, to get autographs was a little intimidating, actually. All those kids rushing at you was a little... odd! But I think a great marketing game plan that will pay dividends in the future. Young Cougs grow up to be Adult Cougs.

Agreed. They did well, overall. Weather helped in regards to the attendance, as well.

And in regards to the kids... the number of smaller kids, 5-10, that attended was impressive. The mad rush of kids, after the game, to get autographs was a little intimidating, actually. All those kids rushing at you was a little... odd! But I think a great marketing game plan that will pay dividends in the future. Young Cougs grow up to be Adult Cougs.

We couldn't go this year but the skills challenge they do before the game for the kids is pretty cool as well. One year they handed out a card with Deonne Buchanon's times at the same combine events they were timing the kids in for them to fill in and compare. Deonne was significantly faster than my 9 year old daughter for the record.

Coug, your daughter may have more upside, though. Let's see how far she gets a year from now….

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT