ADVERTISEMENT

Mastro

kayak15

Hall Of Fame
Apr 17, 2012
Mercer Island
Anyone have any recent information on Oregon's interest in poaching Mastro? The U of O's approach became public knowledge a few days ago but since then I have heard nothing.

Just can’t see that he’s staying. It appears to me they’re just going to ignore the question, all parties. Especially after Tyler’s passing. Don’t expect anything anytime soon. But who knows, maybe something will leak out.

I’d say he’s either decided to leave and it wasn’t announced for that reason. Or he negotiating a raise that may be somewhat put on hold.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
I think he is gone and I hope I am wrong. No sane exiting asst. coach would make a goodbye announcement during a horrible week like this.

He is most likely gone - there were a couple of posts on Brand X premium site that his office has been cleaned out. Where there is a puff of smoke there is usually a fire.

It has been a bad week, a really bad week.

Last edited:
so What happens with borghi? That’s his coach that he pretty much said he came here for specifically.

I believe Borghi is a Coug. I doubt that Leach would just release Borghi from his Letter of Intent as he has already enrolled in school. If Borghi wants to leave then he has to transfer and most likely have to sit out and/redshirt next fall.

He is most likely gone - there were a couple of post on Brand X premium site that his office has been cleaned out. Where there is a puff of smoke there is usually a fire.

I hope you are wrong, but if he is gone. We need to get a recruiter. I would imagine Leach already has his replacement. I am sure Mastro has been up front with Leach. Leach has had time to look.

Not if the transfer rule passes. He’ll be at UO next year.

First off, he’s in school. Pullman grows on you. If he leaves, he didn't fit in with the team. If he does fit in with the team, Max is one loyal dude. He won’t go anywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cougzz
So, no news is bad news?

I prefer to roll with the no news is good news til we hear otherwise

I thought someone said earlier that he and Leach are tight - with the increased $ for assistants what's the big draw to head to the uncertainty that lies in eugene?

I prefer to roll with the no news is good news til we hear otherwise

I thought someone said earlier that he and Leach are tight - with the increased $ for assistants what's the big draw to head to the uncertainty that lies in eugene?
The $$$ he could get at UO could be significantly more than anything Leach could provide, even with the increased money for WSU assistants. They simply overpay for everything.

I really hope you are right and that Mastro (& Borghi) stay in Pullman.

Glad Cougar

I did read that cristibal expected an answer on Monday though. So maybe the silence is great. Could be delayed as well though.

He is most likely gone - there were a couple of posts on Brand X premium site that his office has been cleaned out. Where there is a puff of smoke there is usually a fire.

If it is true and he cleaned out his office, I would doubt he is changing offices at WSU. Lets hope he is just redecorating. He is and has been one of our best recruiters. Replacing a running back coach in not that hard. Replacing the recruiter is harder. If he is leaving Washington (RB) will probably go elsewhere, I hope not Oregon. Leach has done a great job upgrading the staff so far.

I don’t have twitter but if anyone does see who he follows or who recently followed him. Usually indicates a lot

His most recent post is about TH. Had there been anything on Twitter I doubt it would slip by Theo or Stephanie.

Boobie Williams has taken down his 2 tweets from last weekend mocking the idea of Mastro to Oregon.

This might be telling.........

If Borghi fits the offense (like most think that he will )and plays immediately ( like most think that he will) he will not be throwing all of that away to leave for Oregon after one season in order to start over.

In the Colorado papers he listed 3 big reasons for choosing WSU > (1) the Offense (2) Immediate playing time and (3) relationship with Mastro.

I hope he stays , The other colleges are trying to cherry pick the good coaches off the coug staff. The O line coach and the special teams coaches are safe for as long as Leach stays in Pullman.There are o worries there/

If Borghi fits the offense (like most think that he will )and plays immediately ( like most think that he will) he will not be throwing all of that away to leave for Oregon after one season in order to start over.

In the Colorado papers he listed 3 big reasons for choosing WSU > (1) the Offense (2) Immediate playing time and (3) relationship with Mastro.

here are 4 more good reasons:

cougs > ducks 3 in a row
pullman > eugene
coug logo > a zero
crimson > slime green or whatever color of the week

I can come up with many more but I need some breakfast

I got in the habit of counting seconds each snap until Luke threw the ball or was sacked. He was typically sacked at the 5 second point or longer. That seems like pretty good O-line work to me.

Reactions: Tx64 and ATACFD
As much as I dislike it, it makes sense. When we do what mastro is known for, we succeed. When we revert to leaches O. It can be brutal. I think Mastro wants to engineer and implement more of his offense and Oregon is a great place to do it.

Brand (su)x reporting he’s Audi 5k.

rival schools seem to go after our visor sporting coaches

I'm seeing a trend here

usa_today_9545893.0.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Mastro_20140904_ECS3CRT.JPG.jpg

I will bet that not many teams will ever come after our O Line and special teams coaches..Say what you will but these guys will never be in high demand. The proof will be in their never being offered by other teams : ).Geez. one wonders why the offense could not get going in the AC and other big games Nice to build one s reputation against the weak teams on the schedule.

I will bet that not many teams will ever come after our O Line and special teams coaches..Say what you will but these guys will never be in high demand. The proof will be in their never being offered by other teams : ).Geez. one wonders why the offense could not get going in the AC and other big games Nice to build one s reputation against the weak teams on the schedule.

They are both good recruiters. Their coach has been at least good. OL should only hold the DL out for 4 sec. we more than do that. Special Team are better under Mele than the previous coach and that coach had a great reputation. It all comes to personnel and recruiting. You do not know what offers they have had. It is only the offers seriously consider that we hear about.

You’re little too dumb to insult.

OK dude when they get some valid offers ,you let me know about them .Of course,there will not be any offers.Put up some money and bet upon their leaving in the next two years.Just think ,a consensus All American who sat while a journeyman O Lineman started before him, Unbelievable,One wonders if the other O linemen are being given a fair shot? It is funny but posters here remain loyal to coaches who really are not performing well. Damn ,a consensus AA,other linemen going to all star games and the cougs got smothered offensively in big games You are too dumb to realize when coaches are not performing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT