ADVERTISEMENT

MBK: Cougs sign 2 JUCOs from Texas

Kent states that Hinton is 6'6 220 -pds ,if true,it will be a pleasant surprise.He is listed at 6'4 175 pds

It will be interesting to see how these two play this season at Tyler. Especially Cooper because he didn't show much last year as a freshman at Bradley (and a 21 year old freshman at that). He played sparingly on a terrible Bradley team. Kent will need him to be ready to play next year with his two big men leaving.

I read some good things about Hinton as high school player - was a strong rebounder at guard and can evidently shoot the three ball.

I can see why he's bringing in two JC's for next season - with the decision to redshirt three freshman this year. I'd like to see two high school recruits to finish out the class.

I have to believe that the 175 is probably a misprint. The scout services now list him at 6'4 - 215. Kent said 6'6- 220. I watched video of him and while athletic ,he does not have great spring. He uses his body effectively to score. A 6'6 guy without great jumping ability should be far more effective than a shorter guy.He is a good get. likewise, Cooper is a good get. It will be interesting to see if his growth spurt ,6'10- 210 to 6'11- 235, will make him a more productive player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT