ADVERTISEMENT

Medical Lake area Fire. 200 homes lost. Mass Evacuations. Close calls of lives being in danger of being lost.

mikalalas

Hall Of Fame
Feb 26, 2007
Winds are blowing fire towards 4 lakes. Hopped I-90 twice.

Fire beginning to shift to head towards Cheney.

All buildings, homes, over 2OO homes GONE. Only thing left standing, I hear, is the Base around Silver Lake area.

Lots of my friends in Lincoln County, have family affected. One of those friends is a family that adopted Bjorn, now a teenager, was at a sporting practice event. It got canceled, and he and his aunt just barely got out, escaped, evacuated. His aunt's family lost their home, nearby the school, when the school got burned.

Doug, a leader in my church, and him, his family are friends of mine, is one of the fire department leaders, has been fighting the fire

If the fire reaches Cheney, it could get worse, as more fuel, trees, forest, Turnabull Wilderness area, etc, in Cheney.

I just found out, don't know much, don't have links, etc.

Once I find out more, I'll update.

This is bad, sad. I went to Cheney Highschool. My prayers, thoughts, condolences, etc, go out to those that affected.

I hope Doug stays relatively safe fighting the fire, and contains, stops the fire before it does a lot more damage.

Also please, if you know something, or find out something about the fire, or have links, updates, etc, please help update, post links, etc.

Winds are blowing fire towards 4 lakes. Hopped I-90 twice.

Fire beginning to shift to head towards Cheney.

All buildings, homes, over 2OO homes GONE. Only thing left standing, I hear, is the Base around Silver Lake area.

Lots of my friends in Lincoln County, have family affected. One of those friends is a family that adopted Bjorn, now a teenager, was at a sporting practice event. It got canceled, and he and his aunt just barely got out, escaped, evacuated. His aunt's family lost their home, nearby the school, when the school got burned.

Doug, a leader in my church, and him, his family are friends of mine, is one of the fire department leaders, has been fighting the fire

If the fire reaches Cheney, it could get worse, as more fuel, trees, forest, Turnabull Wilderness area, etc, in Cheney.

I just found out, don't know much, don't have links, etc.

Once I find out more, I'll update.

This is bad, sad. I went to Cheney Highschool. My prayers, thoughts, condolences, etc, go out to those that affected.

I hope Doug stays relatively safe fighting the fire, and contains, stops the fire before it does a lot more damage.

Also please, if you know something, or find out something about the fire, or have links, updates, etc, please help update, post links, etc.
It’s really awful. Another one started almost the same time towards Mt Spokane. Winds yesterday spread them incredibly fast. The air quality went from fine to hazardous within hours.

At least the wind has stopped. Really crazy how quickly these things can start and spread though. Hopefully people get out when ordered and the human loss can be kept to a minimum.

Reactions: mikalalas
Any indication as to how any of these fires started? There were no lightening storms in aware of.

We drove to the west side last year when the entire east side was at extreme fire danger and there were multiple wildfires. We were rerouted near Ellensburg because of freeway construction and we drove right by a house that was having a huge bonfire in their backyard. Amazing how stupid people can be…we called 911, always hoped those F’ers got a big fine.

We've had extreme heat (over 100 in the Palouse) from Mon to Friday followed by red flag wind warnings all day Friday. At this point I haven't heard what caused the fires - there were numerous ones.

Any indication as to how any of these fires started? There were no lightening storms in aware of.

We drove to the west side last year when the entire east side was at extreme fire danger and there were multiple wildfires. We were rerouted near Ellensburg because of freeway construction and we drove right by a house that was having a huge bonfire in their backyard. Amazing how stupid people can be…we called 911, always hoped those F’ers got a big fine.
Terrorists.

• Haha
Reactions: WindyCityCoug
We've had extreme heat (over 100 in the Palouse) from Mon to Friday followed by red flag wind warnings all day Friday. At this point I haven't heard what caused the fires - there were numerous ones.
Apparently no fires here in YakiVegas but the smoke is bad - blowing in from Canada and Western Washington. The Medical Lake thing is crazy bad. Haven't been there in forever but how could that happen? Saw a news clip with a reporter standing by a combine way away. But the camera panned the smoke and OMG. Apocalyptic.

It’s really awful. Another one started almost the same time towards Mt Spokane. Winds yesterday spread them incredibly fast. The air quality went from fine to hazardous within hours.

At least the wind has stopped. Really crazy how quickly these things can start and spread though. Hopefully people get out when ordered and the human loss can be kept to a minimum.

One of the linked sources you posted in their latest update, said it's up to 300 structures now.

Thanks for posting these linked sources,

Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie
We (Mead) had the worst air quality in the world yesterday, per reports. I was just on my way home on a two-lane country road (Dennison-Chattaroy) and passed six state firefighting vehicles that must have come from the west side (you don't see the white and green trucks around here). Guess they're on their way to the Elk/Oregon Rd fire, which is about ten miles north.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT