ADVERTISEMENT

Minshew

Um pretty much the entire Jax fan base has turned on him. The flashy funny memes have worn off and them being a laughing stock has basically reduce Gardner to Blake Bortles in the eyes of fans. It’s hard to gauge how decent Gardner is with the issues around him. I think every game he’s become more gun shy as he’s running for his life and playing from behind. Think he’s got it his head a bit. He’s on the brink of being ruined by a horrid coaching staff that may or may not be there next year and is catching all the flack. Hoping they trade him for anything to a decent team and draft someone else to ruin.

Um pretty much the entire Jax fan base has turned on him. The flashy funny memes have worn off and them being a laughing stock has basically reduce Gardner to Blake Bortles in the eyes of fans. It’s hard to gauge how decent Gardner is with the issues around him. I think every game he’s become more gun shy as he’s running for his life and playing from behind. Think he’s got it his head a bit. He’s on the brink of being ruined by a horrid coaching staff that may or may not be there next year and is catching all the flack. Hoping they trade him for anything to a decent team and draft someone else to ruin.

Coaching matters, even in the NFL. Tons of qbs have been ruined because of a bad staff, bad scheme, no talent around them. It’s bullshit to blame the players when the staff is so bad.

Staff, yes. Coaching, yes.

But when I've watched Jax, I've been really unimpressed with the O line. Either they aren't good, are badly coached, are lazy, or don't give a s*it. Maybe some of each. I think I timed 4 consecutive plays where Minshew did not have 2 full seconds before the pocket collapsed. Some are accusing him of having happy feet....it is hard to say for sure when the protection is so bad.

Minshew has proven he can play in the league. He's a solid #2 for a lot of teams. He very much could turn into a journey man QB or move to another franchise and flourish.

Remember: Drew Brees used to be a Charger. Gardner has no talent around him, I'd sit too.

Nick Foles is all the sudden looking like a QB again now that he's not on JAX.

Anyone that has watched a Jax game this season knows that Gardner is not the issue. Makes sense now watching some of his throws the last couple weeks that he has the thumb issue. He may be better off getting out of Jax but he has proved that he can play and will be in the NFL for a very long time.

I agree ^. Gardner will be very wealthy from the NFL. May not be a starter but he’ll hang around as a good option for a long time.

Reactions: rgordo12
Staff, yes. Coaching, yes.

But when I've watched Jax, I've been really unimpressed with the O line. Either they aren't good, are badly coached, are lazy, or don't give a s*it. Maybe some of each. I think I timed 4 consecutive plays where Minshew did not have 2 full seconds before the pocket collapsed. Some are accusing him of having happy feet....it is hard to say for sure when the protection is so bad.
They gutted their entire team. Lots of speculation they were tanking for Lawrence. If that’s the case they deserve to finish second to last and miss out on him. They were in a good spot with a legit starting QB (and great team leader) on a rookie contract and completely F’d it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT