ADVERTISEMENT

My Goodness Idaho Football How Embarrassing!!!

WASH ST A&M FAN

Head Coach
Sep 4, 2002
Last Night they Tweeted Out This......

This Morning At 9am They Tweeted This....

Idaho Football Big Announcement is Playing Conference foe EWU in the Dome in a non-conference game!!!

Haaaaaa Haaaaa

Brutal. They've fallen a long way in a short time. They beat us two years in a row in football in the last 20 years. Seems unthinkable now.

It’s silly to make a big deal out of it but good choice. Idaho will receive quite a few Eag fans. Good financial move, at least in the short run

No - it's actually not that embarrassing. When Idaho went back to the Big Sky as I recall, the schedules got all out of whack. The 'natural' rivalries aren't really any more.

Idaho/EWU, Idaho/Montana and EWU/Montana are the old and new BSC rivalries -but somehow the whack jobs making the schedules uncoupled all that so they don't play each other every year.

This is a smart move to get the old mojo/hate going again. Maybe not a sellout but I bet its damned close.

I actually had dinner with a Vandal player's parents last night. They're pretty excited with where the program in heading in transition. Lost a few kids from the South at semester but some others coming in just like always.

The 'embarrassing' game on the schedule is Idaho/CWU. Idaho better strap their lids on. They should win that but CWU is a solid D2 program.

No - it's actually not that embarrassing. When Idaho went back to the Big Sky as I recall, the schedules got all out of whack. The 'natural' rivalries aren't really any more.

Idaho/EWU, Idaho/Montana and EWU/Montana are the old and new BSC rivalries -but somehow the whack jobs making the schedules uncoupled all that so they don't play each other every year.

This is a smart move to get the old mojo/hate going again. Maybe not a sellout but I bet its damned close.

I actually had dinner with a Vandal player's parents last night. They're pretty excited with where the program in heading in transition. Lost a few kids from the South at semester but some others coming in just like always.

The 'embarrassing' game on the schedule is Idaho/CWU. Idaho better strap their lids on. They should win that but CWU is a solid D2 program.

Humboldt State who was competitive in the GNAC conference just dropped their program, which I assume will make CWU a potential destination for those DII players.
Sad to see such few DII schools fielding teams.

I would think the embarrassing game will be their opener at Penn State. Embarrassing for Penn State for scheduling them in the first place anyway. Although Idaho was probably still D-1 when this game was scheduled so some slack given.

The Big problem with the Big Sky is that they have 13 teams (11 regular and 2 Football affiliates). Yet they only play 8 league games, and there are no divisions. So you are going to miss 4 teams every year.

I noticed that (playoff teams aside), the rest only played 11 games, with two teams only playing 10. Now for 2019, Idaho has 12 games scheduled. Does D-1AA typically only play 11?

The parents I was with last night are psyched to go to Penn State. They had a blast getting destroyed at Florida this year.

Wulff and Sears lost to CWU one year before Walden steered the WSU gig their way.

Reactions: earldacoug
WSU Football Twitter posts:

“Sleep tight, Coug fans. Big news dropping in the morning.”

9am the following Morning WSU Twitter post:

“WSU to host USC in 2019 nonconference game.”

What is your thoughts.......?

University of South Carolina yes!

University of Southern California for Clay Helton's dead coach walking tour, yes!

Somehow I find this to be hilarious.

It did sound funny - obviously, what I meant was they had a great time on their SEC trip and were treated with great hospitality. They knew going in to that game, too, they were not likely to come out on top. In fact, the wife said she was hoping Florida wouldn't hit triple digits on the scoreboard.

Traveling to OOC games is a blast - I don't blame them for their excitement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT