ADVERTISEMENT

Nathaniel (DT) commit

SaveFerris

Hall Of Fame
Dec 21, 2001
Nathaniel James - 6’1” 265 (some have him @ 6’0 250) DT w/ a 4.56 40 committed to WSU.

Excellent! Shaping up to be a great weekend for Cougar football. I expect more verbals to come.

Ridiculous fast for his size--once Phelps gets him coached up, he'll look really good next to Big Lamonte.

Sounds like a great prospect. Early verbal from the Midwest means we’ll likely have to fight off some late offers for him.

Sounds like a great prospect. Early verbal from the Midwest means we’ll likely have to fight off some late offers for him.

He's not an SEC-style DT, so here's hoping the Alabamas of the world don't come calling.

At his size he is made for WSUs defense. Darn near every other scheme he is just gonna get housed. He simply doesnt have the weight or the levers to handle a 6’4” 300 pounder. I dont care how fast he is. Speed just gets you to the point of attack first. You still have to handle a man the size of a grizzly once youre there.

He needs a scheme where he doesnt take on blocks. Let him rip and run thru gaps. Stretch blocks down the LOS and make tackles for loss. He is a great fit for WSU. He is Herc 2.0.

Reactions: random soul
He looks like a good fit for the DL that Phelps likes to run.

I believe he could play for us starting tomorrow
goyshjmis4jpapvcqugb

At his size he is made for WSUs defense. Darn near every other scheme he is just gonna get housed. He simply doesnt have the weight or the levers to handle a 6’4” 300 pounder. I dont care how fast he is. Speed just gets you to the point of attack first. You still have to handle a man the size of a grizzly once youre there.

He needs a scheme where he doesnt take on blocks. Let him rip and run thru gaps. Stretch blocks down the LOS and make tackles for loss. He is a great fit for WSU. He is Herc 2.0.
Use him like Dwight Freeney. I know Dwight had 4.45 speed, but 4.55 good enough.

Add 23 to 25 to 27 or so pounds, to where he is 279 to 293 while keeping his speed, strength, and he would be a top college player, CFL, NFL Pro Prospect.

Use him like Dwight Freeney. I know Dwight had 4.45 speed, but 4.55 good enough.

I dunno that he has enough length to take on 6’6” or taller tackles. Inside against 6’4” and shorter, not engaging, rip and run is prob his best bet. With his speed he has to get inti the gap and ruin the OLs angles.

I dunno that he has enough length to take on 6’6” or taller tackles. Inside against 6’4” and shorter, not engaging, rip and run is prob his best bet. With his speed he has to get inti the gap and ruin the OLs angles.

Remember Cortez Kennedy at 6' 2,3, about 287, who was probably about 270 as a college freshman, who was FAST, STRONG BOTH in college, NFL both, who was probably very much like Nathaniel James, when he was a recruit, did just fine in college, and in the NFL for the Seattle Seahawks. And he was a FORCE inside against both the pass/run. And he was able to handle 6' 6" 300 pound OL just fine.

Also Cortez Kennedy probably lifted about the same about 475 bench, 675 Squat, etc, that Nathaniel James did, does.

Cortez was a BEAST. Nathaniel is a BEAST, STRONG.

He should be able to handle 6' 6" 300 pound OL just fine, assuming he goes from 255, 260 ish to 279 to 293 while keeping both his speed, strength, while learning the right technique, leverage, etc, from Phelps.

If that happens he can, could be a beast like Cortez Kennedy someday, able to handle 6' 6"300 pound OL inside just fine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT