ADVERTISEMENT

Neville vs Bledsoe

Flatlandcoug

Hall Of Fame
Aug 14, 2007
Wichita, Kansas
Looked at an article elsewhere on the internet that compared Neville and Bledsoe. After watching the highlight video of each.....1) we are very lucky to get Bledsoe as a walk-on. He isn't nearly as talented as his Pa, but he will provide solid depth and may prove to be a good QB if we needed. 2) Neville definitely is the superior QB with a very good arm and a lot of mobility.

Neville will probably need to learn when to take a sack, but he looks very Manziel-like with some of his moves in the pocket. I feel very comfortable with our QB position for a while.

Looked at an article elsewhere on the internet that compared Neville and Bledsoe. After watching the highlight video of each.....1) we are very lucky to get Bledsoe as a walk-on. He isn't nearly as talented as his Pa, but he will provide solid depth and may prove to be a good QB if we needed. 2) Neville definitely is the superior QB with a very good arm and a lot of mobility.

Neville will probably need to learn when to take a sack, but he looks very Manziel-like with some of his moves in the pocket. I feel very comfortable with our QB position for a while.
Was Neville the phone scandal kid? Was there ever a mea culpa from that camp? Publicly?

Yep, that was him. Made fun of some poor special needs kid. I would chalk that up to immaturity. The ensuing anger over his behavior was a good lesson for him. He has been punished enough by the public outrage and I am quite sure that CML has had a short and not so sweet discussion with him about this lack of respect for others. Cannot remember the details of how he handled the outcome but for me this is now water over the dam. Let us see how he acts in the future.

QB is such a tough position to project based on HS performance. You may well be able to judge physical tools, but the mental part is more important, and that is hard to predict. I think the concept of one scholarship QB and one or two preferred walk-ons makes complete sense.

Yep, that was him. Made fun of some poor special needs kid. I would chalk that up to immaturity. The ensuing anger over his behavior was a good lesson for him. He has been punished enough by the public outrage and I am quite sure that CML has had a short and not so sweet discussion with him about this lack of respect for others. Cannot remember the details of how he handled the outcome but for me this is now water over the dam. Let us see how he acts in the future.

It is still worrisome to me that a 19 year old, supposed leader would lack the emotional maturity to realize the gravity of his actions. This is elementary level empathy stuff here.

In addition, the lack of a public mea culpa concerns me as well. If he was a minor I would feel otherwise, but he was an adult - he should feel lucky some charges weren't brought against him. I can only assume and hope he was made to apologize to everyone behind closed doors, but I still feel like that lets him slide under the radar and not realize what should be the full repercussions of his actions.

It is still worrisome to me that a 19 year old, supposed leader would lack the emotional maturity to realize the gravity of his actions. This is elementary level empathy stuff here.

In addition, the lack of a public mea culpa concerns me as well. If he was a minor I would feel otherwise, but he was an adult - he should feel lucky some charges weren't brought against him. I can only assume and hope he was made to apologize to everyone behind closed doors, but I still feel like that lets him slide under the radar and not realize what should be the full repercussions of his actions.

There are immature people of all ages. Many more with much more experience at life than a high school student. None of us really know what happened. All we know is second hand information because nobody directly involved talked.

Frankly, if he did something wrong, I could not care less if he had a public mea culpa. If something did happen, apologizing to the family is infinitely more important. He does not owe us a public apology. What he does owe society is to have learned and be a good person going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT