ADVERTISEMENT

New DC

Cooper coaches DEs. Richardson coaches CBs. All three had been with Bohl for awhile.

Someone tell me how to feel?

Well, younger hopefully means harder work recruiting. Let’s see how the rest of the staff is filled out. There is at least one more to go on the defensive side. There are worse coaching trees (Bohl) to pluck from.

I hope that Rolovich is getting a competitive budget for assistants.

He has had quite a bit of success over recent years. In the past 3 years he’s been dealing with nothing but promotions it appears which I like to think is a good marker for how good of a coach he is. To put simply I’m quite happy with the hire

Bohl has been one of the best defensive coaches in all of college football for years. I'll have to read more about Dickert, but judging this in terms of system and pedigree, it looks to be an excellent choice. It also doesn't hurt that Wyoming is the WSU of the MWC.

Wyoming had the #11 rushing defense in the country and 43rd in total defense. Not too bad.
Which was an improvement over Hazelton. Can't argue with it. Runs a 4-2-5 base, but doesn't emphasize scheme.

Last edited:
Which was an improvement over Hazelton. Can't argue with it. Runs a 4-2-5 base, but doesn't emphasize scheme.

Was just going to post this. Wyoming runs a 4-2-5. I think that fits our personnel better than the 335, and fits with what we can successfully recruit.

Reactions: earldacoug
Was just going to post this. Wyoming runs a 4-2-5. I think that fits our personnel better than the 335, and fits with what we can successfully recruit.
Love the look and blitz at 6:15. They kicked the crap out of Cord

Last edited:
Wyoming played at Air Force on the last game of the season. They lost 20-6, but only allowed 162 yards rushing (305 yards total). That's interesting.
Damn. Considering how Air Force bludgeoned us that’s great news. Sure it’s one game but hell, we couldn’t game plan against them...with extra time! I’d think we have better athletes too...maybe not.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Wyoming played at Air Force on the last game of the season. They lost 20-6, but only allowed 162 yards rushing (305 yards total). That's interesting.

Air Force is probably quite a bit easier to defend when you see them every year.

Air Force is probably quite a bit easier to defend when you see them every year.
You turn over at least 1/4 of your roster every year. You got guys playing who’ve never played and guys taking leading roles who haven’t played much at all. Not sure “seeing them every year” makes much of a difference. We should have had a greater advantage with 3 weeks to prepare than Wyoming because they play them every year.

Well, younger hopefully means harder work recruiting. Let’s see how the rest of the staff is filled out. There is at least one more to go on the defensive side. There are worse coaching trees (Bohl) to pluck from.

I hope that Rolovich is getting a competitive budget for assistants.

Richardson and Cooper are their best recruiters from people say. Richardson is from Compton. But think this is very telling about them and their ability to coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT