ADVERTISEMENT

New LB offer out of Texas

nick krueger

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2011
brandon_hawkins_off_m86ops.jpg

Haven't seen this widely reported, but a couple of days ago Georgetown, Texas, linebacker Brandon Hawkins picked up an offer from Washington State. He's a recent commitment to Boise State, and picked up a lot of offers this spring.
He's an athletic guy and I think he's strong in coverage and can put a nice pop on a guy even though he isn't super instinctual when it comes to making tackles in space. I haven't talked to him since he committed to Boise, but my guess is that he's still a guy that will listen to other teams that want to recruit him.

brandon_hawkins_off_m86ops.jpg

Haven't seen this widely reported, but a couple of days ago Georgetown, Texas, linebacker Brandon Hawkins picked up an offer from Washington State. He's a recent commitment to Boise State, and picked up a lot of offers this spring.
He's an athletic guy and I think he's strong in coverage and can put a nice pop on a guy even though he isn't super instinctual when it comes to making tackles in space. I haven't talked to him since he committed to Boise, but my guess is that he's still a guy that will listen to other teams that want to recruit him.

Thanks. Yep, sounds exactly like our kind of recruit.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/sport...ersity/bronco-beat-blog/article155763459.html

I think we'll flip him.

Interesting. A bit on the slim side at 6'3" 210 lbs but at 6'3" should be able to put on some weight over time. The Krueger fellow mentions that he has the ability to cover, a plus in the Pac12. Also interesting that he has offers from three local schools yet apparently wants to get out of Dodge for his education. Also with offers from the three military academies, he has the brains to succeed. His academic abilities combined with commitment to BSU is a bit of a puzzler. Agree with happen's comment that we have a shot at him.

He's reported a lot of offers, but after seeing him in a couple of events, I could see the likelihood that several programs sort of backed off recruiting him. For whatever reason, he's not quite as decisive or aggressive in camps as he is when he's in a more traditionally competitive scenario.
When I saw him most recently, at this summer's state 7v7 tourney, he looked much more comfortable and moved around nicely. I think he's built so he can size up a little more and still be able to get around as well as he does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT