ADVERTISEMENT

Next year's DC

If you raise your arms to inhibit the receiver’s play on the ball, without turning to play the ball yourself, it’s pass interference. Besides, if your back is to the ball you have zero chance of intercepting.

I think face guarding is PI, but if you make no physical contact with the receiver and raise your arms as the ball gets there I don't think that gets called
Faceguarding is not a foul. I don’t think it ever has been at the NCAA level, though it was in NFHS some years ago.

From the 2019 NCAA Football Approved Rulings 7-3-8:
“I. B33, defending against a legal forward pass beyond the neutral zone, has his back to the ball and is waving his arms in the face of eligible A88, but does not make contact. RULING: No foul. There is no foul for defensive pass interference if there is no contact.”

Excerpt From
2019 NCAA Football Rules / Interpretations
National Collegiate Athletic Association
This material may be protected by copyright.

Reactions: ATACFD
Faceguarding is not a foul. I don’t think it ever has been at the NCAA level, though it was in NFHS some years ago.

From the 2019 NCAA Football Approved Rulings 7-3-8:
“I. B33, defending against a legal forward pass beyond the neutral zone, has his back to the ball and is waving his arms in the face of eligible A88, but does not make contact. RULING: No foul. There is no foul for defensive pass interference if there is no contact.”

Excerpt From
2019 NCAA Football Rules / Interpretations
National Collegiate Athletic Association
This material may be protected by copyright.
I stand corrected. But you’re still not getting the pick that way.

What does that matter? Has WSU even tried it before?

You could've made the same point about former TTU coaches in 2012.
Several times in multiple sports including football.

Livengood's 1st choice to replace Dennis Erickson was Ray Door. Boosters said nope.

Simply not used to doing more with less.

Exactly (except there isn’t faceguarding isn’t PI in college ball)—He timed it so he was playing the ball, albeit not looking for it. Refs were right on it and wasn’t called PI, just a really heads up play.

pac12 refs would likely get it wrong

Several times in multiple sports including football.

Livengood's 1st choice to replace Dennis Erickson was Ray Door. Boosters said nope.

Simply not used to doing more with less.

So one time 40 years ago and the boosters didn't even allow it? Ok.

I think we need to get back to available funds for a DC, that's really the key to getting and keeping a solid DC in place. $ 900,000 could probably get one, if I was Leach id push that-id almost pay out of my own pocket.

I think we need to get back to available funds for a DC, that's really the key to getting and keeping a solid DC in place. $ 900,000 could probably get one, if I was Leach id push that-id almost pay out of my own pocket.

I think the funds available for a DC is pretty key, $900,000 ought to put is in the ballpark to getting and keeping a solid DC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT